Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

As an instructor of a logic class, and seemingly perpetually unlaid, let me say that this is obviously fiction. In actuality, saying that you're super good at blow jobs would probably be the way to go.

edit: also Trinketjuice is a spy sent by the opposing nation and will use this opportunity to assassinate the president. War is inevitable.

double edit: and saying that two women will relieve stress twice as good is a compositional fallacy.

Sizone fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Aug 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
"Mr. President, I'm fully aware that you might be heterosexual, but our country deserves nothing less than a President who is relaxed and calm after having received only the very best blowjobs available. I have several certificates from leading authorities declaring this man's blowjobs to be the finest in the Western world. I'm afraid America demands this of you, Mr. President."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Whybird posted:

"Mr. President, I'm fully aware that you might be heterosexual, but our country deserves nothing less than a President who is relaxed and calm after having received only the very best blowjobs available. I have several certificates from leading authorities declaring this man's blowjobs to be the finest in the Western world. I'm afraid America demands this of you, Mr. President."

You mean this man? America wouldn't be ready for him! (:nws: it's Oglaf)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Next: Athena and Ben try to escape her ear before she and the president do it.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Sindai posted:

Next: Athena and Ben try to escape her ear before she and the president do it.

Surprise! Ears are integral to doin' it! Where do you think she got the ear parasite?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
:siren:And now things get interesting.:siren:

Oh, and Monday's comic was apparently in two parts.
I'm guessing he just meant that if you saw it only on the main page, you wouldn't see all of it. Since it didn't get linked, some of you might have missed it. (I know I did before Thorsby put the notes on the main page) Wednesday was already linked, though.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Hey, don't blame the translator. She's only reading it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Begun, the Thorsbyness has.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
A president who would bring his mistress to his bedroom could not possibly be a good president. He deserves his fate for not insisting on a blow job in whatever the equivalent of the oval office is.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It begins :allears:

edit:

Link to comic

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
There are some great lines in today's comic.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
This is ramping up to some peak-Thorsby.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Looks like we're okay so far. Just so long as Trinketjuice is smart enough to stay out of any cupboards we're probably home free.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The :siren: update :siren: we're talking about.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
It feels so slow when you're waiting for each update, that it almost ruins the comedy. This will read 10x better once this arc is done, I foresee another "Lies, Sisters and Wives" or "Passion, Lies and Fungus".

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
God drat Lumbercoin is ripped

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Welp, nuclear war coming in...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Thorsby mode engaged, full steam ahead!

I wonder just how tangled the web of lie will be. There's only two usurped identities to conciliate for now...

weavernaut
Sep 12, 2007

i'm so glad to have made such an interesting new friend
I'm not very far in at all, but am I right in assuming that the world Maythorn and Lostclock are from is either vaguely or literally Lovecraftian? One of them says "thank Dagon!" at one point. I know he's also a real ancient god, but I've never seen a Dagon reference that wasn't meant to refer to Lovecraft's ideas.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

weavernaut posted:

I'm not very far in at all, but am I right in assuming that the world Maythorn and Lostclock are from is either vaguely or literally Lovecraftian? One of them says "thank Dagon!" at one point. I know he's also a real ancient god, but I've never seen a Dagon reference that wasn't meant to refer to Lovecraft's ideas.

The only thing I can safely tell you is: "Keep reading."

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

No, Mr. President, don't split up! That almost never works! :ohdear:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, the translator/decorator confusion was kinda lame but now the misunderstandings are finally being setup to reach critical mass.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

This is gonna end with the Ambassador murdering everyone anyway.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
10/4/13 comic

The first half is pretty reasonable, saying inoffensive nonsense and then bowing out quickly, but I see nothing good coming of their decision at the end.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
This is my first time exposed to these comics. I'm starting with the Space Spy because I sure love aliens. The art style is something similar to our highschool's comic section in the monthly student magazines. I'm tempted to stop but I'm going to follow the OP's advice, because if SA taught me anything, it's that the coolest things tend to have rough edges.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Avocados posted:

This is my first time exposed to these comics. I'm starting with the Space Spy because I sure love aliens. The art style is something similar to our highschool's comic section in the monthly student magazines. I'm tempted to stop but I'm going to follow the OP's advice, because if SA taught me anything, it's that the coolest things tend to have rough edges.

Go back and read all of Hitmen for Destiny. The art is a bit worse (although it grows on you), but I like it better overall than Accidental Space Spy. It also has plenty of alien life too, just not in outer space.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
:siren:Welp.:siren:

At least nukes won't be involved this way.

H2Omelon
Aug 31, 2009
"Your elastic mother smells like dentist intercourse."

I need to add this to my everyday vocabulary.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

H2Omelon posted:

"Your elastic mother smells like dentist intercourse."

I need to add this to my everyday vocabulary.

Empty quote this.

You know, I was kind of put off these last few strips, as I was finding it weird that they were doing all of these shenanigans without considering the obtuse social protocol used for everything in their society, but looks like things are picking up now!

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well, stopping them from having a war with themselves and instead having them have a war against another species is certainly one way to stop them from blowing themselves up. Might also be a good way to get all of humanity wiped out but hey, those babies were pretty cute.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

ZearothK posted:

You know, I was kind of put off these last few strips, as I was finding it weird that they were doing all of these shenanigans without considering the obtuse social protocol used for everything in their society, but looks like things are picking up now!

They're behind closed doors at the very top level of society. Having gotten up there, there's no more need for social tests. Or course, there's other ways to get bumped back down a notch.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
"Stern talking to," eh? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
"I can't see what's happening, are we boned?"

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm digging that painting in the first panel.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Buzkashi posted:

"I can't see what's happening, are we boned?"

Well, looks like somebody is.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Small wonder they have such a conservative and restrained society, can't be a coincidence that they can be so easily talked into sex.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

"Stern talking to," eh? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Certainly seems so!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Jeez, everyone is just poppin space boners all over the place now.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Wait, so what does she think he did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawning Horror
Jun 18, 2009

She saw the letter and knows Sunbeam went to meet him. She thinks he got chewed out.

• Locked thread