Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Riding a motorcycle without a helmet is not badass.

:911: RIP COUNTRY-MAC :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Womens Jeans
Sep 13, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What was Frank's last line? I couldn't understand it...

Chilled Cactus
Nov 15, 2011

College Slice

Womens Jeans posted:

What was Frank's last line? I couldn't understand it...

"R.I.P. Country Mac."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

ultramiraculous posted:

RIP Country Mac: The Most Likable loving Guy

The Most Likable Guy-loving loving Guy! :haw: :gay:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

The Most Likable Guy-loving loving Guy! :haw: :gay:

Also yes.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Oh my god, Frank flushing Country Mac down the toilet. :stare:

Country Mac goes with the flow :smug:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

This was one of the best episodes ever, and the gang casually admitting that Mac is gay was definitely the best part. They got all the mileage they could out of leaving it in the subtext and now it's out there.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
I LOVE COUNTRY MAC, and also Charlie's confirmation that, "It's SO much more comfortable when someone is gay and open about it." And the constant reference to Mac's boner, hahahahhah.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I loved Dennis using his pillow scream right after being forced to chant Mac's name. He's so self-centered he just can't take it. I kind of wish we could have seen a pillow scream from each member of the gang at some point, but I suppose that way it may have gotten old.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I love that country mac used science bitch before mac did last season. Mac comes off as a guy aping the style of his country cousin this whole episode.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

catpowerd posted:

I loved Frank's reaction to finding out he has to grease up the dudes.

This was my favorite part.

Was kinda surprised they didn't finally just say "no, gently caress you, Mac Day is over and we're not doing it" since that's a very Gang thing to do.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

nasboat posted:

Was kinda surprised they didn't finally just say "no, gently caress you, Mac Day is over and we're not doing it" since that's a very Gang thing to do.

But that would just extend Mac Day for another 24 hours, and nobody could handle that.

Chilled Cactus
Nov 15, 2011

College Slice
One of my favorite jokes from this episode was that Mac has no coherent idea about what it means to be bad-rear end, beyond the belief that he is the most bad-rear end person in the room. Mac doesn't think that recklessness in the face of danger or a casual disregard for the law have anything to do with being a bad-rear end.

And the gang's exasperated reaction to Mac saying "don't blow your wads on these guys" killed me.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
9 seasons later and there are still It's Always Sunny episodes like this one that manage to literally make me cry from laughter.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

nasboat posted:

This was my favorite part.

I think they don't want to set a precedence for cutting a day short since it seems like everyone else gets their own days too.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

timpanihilistic posted:

I kind of wish we could have seen a pillow scream from each member of the gang at some point, but I suppose that way it may have gotten old.
The pillow is dirty and barely holding together at the end of the episode while at the beginning it was pristine white... :ssh:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I kinda of wanted the 3rd* day to feature Mac and the Gang peeling apples to get rid of those toxic skins.

* - or whatever bible day deals with plants

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I love how Mac is still referring to musclebound dudes as 'beefcakes'. Cracks my poo poo up whenever he does that.

And holy poo poo, what a season so far. Can't wait to see how the rest of it goes.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
Yeah, that was a fantastic episode. Everything about it.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

We get one more season, right? I know the contract is inked for the end of the series, but I can't remember if it's this season or next.

I want more. Which is cool, 'cause there was a time the show was losing me, and you almost never see a show jump the shark and then jump right back.

Hoffbonics
May 12, 2003

Always a gentleman
youtube.com/letsgotoclass

LividLiquid posted:

We get one more season, right? I know the contract is inked for the end of the series, but I can't remember if it's this season or next.

I want more. Which is cool, 'cause there was a time the show was losing me, and you almost never see a show jump the shark and then jump right back.

Glenn got misquoted in Rolling Stone as saying next season would be their last -- but really no decision's been made. Ultimately it's up to RCG when they want to end things and as far as I can tell they're not running out of ideas anytime soon.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I was so excited when Mac was warming up on the mat because I knew it would be awesome. The way they gave Mac an out with the point was fantastic. Also going directly from Country Mac grabbing the knife and throwing out a jabroni to Mac making GBS threads his pants, holy poo poo.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 4, 2013

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The whole episode was pretty amazing but the successful ocular pat-down might have been my favorite part out of all of it, that was incredible.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Seann William Scott nailed it this episode (and was a total badass) and the only complaint I have is that we'll never see him again.

The whole thing reminded me of "The Gang Gets a New Member" except instead of the Charlie/Smitty rivalry it was Mac/Country Mac.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Not that it was sloppy or loose to begin with, but I feel like they've really tightened up the writing this season.

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW
Do you think Country Mac and Paddy's Mac ever... did things..? :gay: Either way, I'm sure there will be fanfics.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I was honestly surprised none of the Gang pointed out that it was "Mac Day", and just do whatever Country Mac wanted. It'd be the perfect loophole for them to get out of it without adding a day.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Do you think Country Mac's dad has a farm? (Maybe Peter Nincompoop is living there)

Chilled Cactus
Nov 15, 2011

College Slice

Hoffbonics posted:

Glenn got misquoted in Rolling Stone as saying next season would be their last -- but really no decision's been made. Ultimately it's up to RCG when they want to end things and as far as I can tell they're not running out of ideas anytime soon.

There is also some question as to whether or not the network will choose pick It's Always Sunny up for another season after the 10th. John Landgraf, the president of FX, is on record as saying that the show has become pretty expensive to produce and that going beyond the 10th season might not be economically viable. So, unfortunately, the decision might ultimately be out of RCG's hands.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
I can't imagine they'll ditch Sunny so relatively soon after the launch of HEF EKS EKS unless they come up with a lot more shows.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

mwells_cubed posted:

Do you think Country Mac and Paddy's Mac ever... did things..? :gay: Either way, I'm sure there will be fanfics.

Boy cousins getting it on? Someone alert the police!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Azure_Horizon posted:

Boy cousins getting it on? Someone alert the police!

Don't you mean, call the McPoyles?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

HelmetCheese posted:

I love how Mac is still referring to musclebound dudes as 'beefcakes'. Cracks my poo poo up whenever he does that.

And holy poo poo, what a season so far. Can't wait to see how the rest of it goes.

"and he has a boner again"

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Drifter posted:

Don't you mean, call the McPoyles?

Ah, yes. You are correct.

BrandonLakeTruck
Jan 10, 2004
dog poster its a hell of a ride

justsomedude posted:

There is also some question as to whether or not the network will choose pick It's Always Sunny up for another season after the 10th. John Landgraf, the president of FX, is on record as saying that the show has become pretty expensive to produce and that going beyond the 10th season might not be economically viable. So, unfortunately, the decision might ultimately be out of RCG's hands.

I just assume that a producer would say things like that to help with contract negotiations. The show cannot cost nearly as much as they rake in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BrandonLakeTruck posted:

I just assume that a producer would say things like that to help with contract negotiations. The show cannot cost nearly as much as they rake in.

By 10 years everybody is probably getting paid quite a bit.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

muscles like this? posted:

By 10 years everybody is probably getting paid quite a bit.

Danny DeVito alone probably gets paid with a lifesize platinum statue of himself per season.

edit: and a per diem hoagie.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Drifter posted:

Danny DeVito alone probably gets paid with a lifesize platinum statue of himself per season.

edit: and a per diem hoagie.

FTR, Frank and his brother are totally right. Hoagies taste MUCH better when you make them in your mouth.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Download a hoagie off the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoffbonics
May 12, 2003

Always a gentleman
youtube.com/letsgotoclass

justsomedude posted:

I dunno, it also seems Landgraf really loves Sunny and has a good relationship with the guys. I doubt this show would ever get killed for budget reasons. RCG started it all super cheap, and they know how to navigate back there if need be. That said, I'm completely biased and just want to see the gang decide their own exit from the world of basic cable late night comedy.