Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh my loving god. All of it. ALL OF IT is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Okay, this was awesome. I'm not that big of a Godzilla fan but I got some major goosebumps going on. What an effective teaser. They shouldn't release anything else from it, just play that until the premiere of the film.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

It's everything a trailer for Godzilla should be.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ugh. The Russian animation revolution is dead on arrival. Deadline called this a "hot new trailer" from Russia’s Wizart Animation.

I think you should judge for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54q4R07MMxQ

Look out, Pixar.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It doesn't have a snowman in it, at least :shrug:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
It looks like it got taken down now, but the music from the Godzilla trailer is the music from 2001 when Dave goes into the Monolith. Good choice.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Renoistic posted:

It doesn't have a snowman in it, at least :shrug:

The troll isn't a good replacement.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh and I forgot to mention: that Godzilla piece isn't done. It was leaked. That makes three WB rough trailers that have been leaked now, Grudge Match, 300 and now Godzilla.

Our security has been compromised and it's a poo poo storm here this morning.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

kiimo posted:

Oh and I forgot to mention: that Godzilla piece isn't done.
For not being "done," it looks pretty drat good.

I can't imagine what else it needs other than maybe better titles at the beginning

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kiimo posted:

Oh and I forgot to mention: that Godzilla piece isn't done. It was leaked. That makes three WB rough trailers that have been leaked now, Grudge Match, 300 and now Godzilla.

Can you please tell whoever is working on it that he's doing an incredible job?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kiimo posted:

I beg to differ: That's the clip they showed at Comic-Con 2012. I've seen an entirely new trailer since then, so I have no idea why they'd still be working on this one, which was made literally before they even cast the thing, or started filming.

I mean, I totally believe it's leaked, but it's definitely finished; it's just test material.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I didn't see whatever was posted before it was pulled. Something leaked today, I just figured since WB pulled that, that is what was leaked. I actually didn't know the details it isn't my team but I just found out that it was finished with updated graphics so I apologize for saying that.

Also this one was actually cut by Legendary not us so I can't tell whoever it was. The current trailer is being done by the same guy who did Batman and Inception. Basically our #1 guy.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

kiimo posted:

The current trailer is being done by the same guy who did Batman. Basically our #1 guy.

Can't wait to see it.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

kiimo posted:

I didn't see whatever was posted before it was pulled. Something leaked today, I just figured since WB pulled that, that is what was leaked. I actually didn't know the details it isn't my team but I just found out that it was finished with updated graphics so I apologize for saying that.

Also this one was actually cut by Legendary not us so I can't tell whoever it was. The current trailer is being done by the same guy who did Batman and Inception. Basically our #1 guy.

The 1989 Batman? Then he really is the #1 guy, that had an incredible trailer.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

kiimo posted:

Well there's your problem. So to speak.

Missed the leak but I can't wait to see it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It just showed some busted buildings, a lot of smoke, and a quick shot of Godzilla roaring.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

zenintrude posted:

Can't wait to see it.

Bob strikes again.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kiimo posted:

Oh, sorry. For what it's worth, I got a look at the trailer they showed at Comic-Con 2013, which I imagine is a lot closer to what you're talking about, and it is fantastic. This movie is looking so, so, so, so, so good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Legendary and WB just split ways. I actually wouldn't put it past them to leak this on their own to drum up interest and say gently caress you to WB.

Legendary and the guy working on this trailer had major issues with Pacific Rim. We had major issues with Seventh Son. Thank God they took that off our hands.

"He's your problem now" -Boris the Blade.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kiimo posted:

Legendary and WB just split ways. I actually wouldn't put it past them to leak this on their own to drum up interest and say gently caress you to WB.

Legendary and the guy working on this trailer had major issues with Pacific Rim. We had major issues with Seventh Son. Thank God they took that off our hands.

"He's your problem now" -Boris the Blade.

Seventh Son looks like it's going to be a Lone Ranger/John Carter sized bomb, and releasing it in January is just further proof of my theory.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

The Godzilla thing is still up here; http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15jxso_godzilla-trailer_shortfilms

I really like it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Haha it just popped up in two different places despite WB's efforts to pull it down.

Okay this is definitely Legendary doing this. This is definitely the Comic-Con piece from 2012 and Legendary fought hard to release it then but WB said no.

Frankly with the reaction it is getting I have to say that Legendary probably made a good move in the end. What a messed up thing this business is. Movie studios have become the same as D-level stars "angry" about a "stolen" sex tape.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

twoot posted:

The Godzilla thing is still up here; http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15jxso_godzilla-trailer_shortfilms

I really like it.

That's down now. Uploaded it here: http://moviepilot.com/posts/1137187-watch-this-godzilla-teaser-trailer-is-a-big-bag-of-nostalgic-awesome for posterity

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I didn't think I would ever be excited about a Godzilla movie but that teaser is pretty goddamn effective.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Yeah, I don't think I've been as amped for a movie after seeing a teaser since the Star Trek one.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Is it supposed to still say "publishing in progress"?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

ApexAftermath posted:

Is it supposed to still say "publishing in progress"?

Just fixed that actually. Was trying to figure out ways on how to not get it taken down, heh.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Aaron Eckhart fighting gargoyles. Bill Nighy adds to the list of monsters he's played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxOSPfUw3qw

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

teagone posted:

Just fixed that actually. Was trying to figure out ways on how to not get it taken down, heh.

Hot drat this looks loving good!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I want to get hyped for Godzilla but 1997's Godzilla also had great teasers and going in on opening night I was thinking, "There's no possible way on earth to gently caress up a Godzilla movie. It's such a basic formula." Oh how wrong I was.

The MSJ posted:

Aaron Eckhart fighting gargoyles. Bill Nighy adds to the list of monsters he's played.

Me: "Hmm... I like the broad concept, but something smells off about this trailer."

Trailer: "THIS JANUARY"

Me: "Ah."

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

ApexAftermath posted:

Hot drat this looks loving good!

Welp, it's down again.

[edit]

And it's back. For now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1whb0XEz5Wk Down again.

[edit] Back up

http://moviepilot.com/posts/1137187-watch-this-godzilla-teaser-trailer-is-a-big-bag-of-nostalgic-awesome-update-video-is-back

teagone fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 5, 2013

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Well jesus if they are going to be a bag of dicks about it I better save this to my computer. At least Vimeo lets you do that easily.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Holy poo poo, so amped for that Godzilla. I think the Oppenheimer voice over really helps, too.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, I don't think I've been as amped for a movie after seeing a teaser since the Star Trek one.

The Oppenheimer quote spoken during the trailer is so fuckin' effective and building a sense of dread.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Kenneth Branagh directed a generic looking action movie. In the trailer it just says "From the director of Thor." Jack Ryan keeps getting younger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZtVfmTZftk

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

The Oppenheimer quote spoken during the trailer is so fuckin' effective and building a sense of dread.

That combined with the 2001 monolith music is absolutely horrifying.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

The MSJ posted:

I didn't realize Aaron Eckhart needed a paycheck this badly

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Febreeze posted:

I didn't realize Aaron Eckhart needed a paycheck this badly

Aaron Eckhart loves paychecks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo_wPMW7U48

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Dammit I want to see that Godzilla trailer , everyone keeps saying it's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hollis posted:

Dammit I want to see that Godzilla trailer , everyone keeps saying it's awesome.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/1137187-watch-this-godzilla-sdcc-teaser-trailer-is-a-big-bag-of-nostalgic-awesome-update-video-is-back

• Locked thread