Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Aussie Kroo have a group going, you best get your vegemite asses in here and join our assorted hooliganisms! (e: or add iRend on XBL and join us that way)

iRend fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CVagts posted:

Does anyone have sliders to make a female character not look like she had a waffle iron taken to her face for a good ten minutes beforehand?

Use Marston as one of your grandparents. It helps a lot.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

I think that was me, I then dropped you off at a store with cops on me and got killed in the copter and crashed it.

Also I can start a crew only session, but I can't join anyone elses, and no one seems to join mine.

I've tried to join crew sessions and it says something like "no one in your crew is available" which I know is false. Must be another thing they still have to work out.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

a foolish pianist posted:

Where can you get/steal planes and helicopters? Do you have to do something to unlock them?

There's a helicopter in the LS airport. You just go up the stairs where the flight school is in SP, hop over the fence, then run a bit and its right there. I think one also spawns at the yacht club.

I haven't found any planes yet besides the ones in Fort Zancudo. Which I'm SO close to jacking but as soon as I jump into the cockpit thats when they decide to shoot me :(.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Photex posted:

I actually got vote kicked out of my first game already by a few care bears when I rolled up on them and shot them while they were sitting in their car, apparently they thought they were playing Gran Turismo :smug:

This is funny, because I spent 10 minutes leading some tooled-up dink with an SMG up and down the Western Highway trying to claim some chump change three-grand NPC bounty on me... and then I got vote-kicked? I guess for being a bad sport and not surrendering to him?

I tried getting back into GTAO, but I guess I got sent right back to the same one because I got kicked maybe 30 seconds after. And that's how my night ended! Just hope I don't get docked Good Sport points, because I already got a $1000 allowance for being a swell guy and I'm halfway to an apartment.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

CVagts posted:

Does anyone have sliders to make a female character not look like she had a waffle iron taken to her face for a good ten minutes beforehand?

Read the second post of this thread.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN
The game just ate $25,000 after crashing in the middle of a mission. :yotj:

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

You don't get much for completing all 10 waves of a survival (20k cash, I think about 3k RP). But getting to temporarily keep the weapons you picked up is a reward in itself. Rolling up with a minigun on pubbies who at best have the mini SMG. :getin:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Jacking armored trucks is fun when you're out in the desert.

Especially when your driving skill is maxed and you've got upgrades to brakes, engine, armor, suspension, transmission, and bulletproof tires. :getin:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
In reference to the "fix" where you delete your title update, how do you actually do that? I deleted my cache and the game didn't try to re-patch.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

In reference to the "fix" where you delete your title update, how do you actually do that? I deleted my cache and the game didn't try to re-patch.

Go into your storage settings, select GTAV, and delete the TU.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

a foolish pianist posted:

Thanks, random goon, for picking me up in a helicopter from the Santa Monica pier when the cops were chasing me. I hope I didn't chat too much.

ahahaha, I think that was me, but I had my mic charging so I couldn't hear any chatter at all. I was hoping you might be able to gun some folks from the passengers side, then I figured I'd just try to land on the ferris wheel and see what happened.

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

I think that was me, I then dropped you off at a store with cops on me and got killed in the copter and crashed it.

Also I can start a crew only session, but I can't join anyone elses, and no one seems to join mine.

I love that there are multiple goons out there picking up fellow crew members in helicopters and doing random poo poo, and it could have been either one of us. This game is incredible.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Outside of "pubbies whine a lot when you beat and/or escape them" the most important thing I've learned in the past 3 nights is that if you can maintain speed, know how to brake, and can avoid accidents, you are a Racing God and can mop up like a motherfucker.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

So Icey Seifuku posted:

You don't get much for completing all 10 waves of a survival (20k cash, I think about 3k RP). But getting to temporarily keep the weapons you picked up is a reward in itself. Rolling up with a minigun on pubbies who at best have the mini SMG. :getin:

How do you get through level 10? Are you playing with a group of people you know and/or using a mic?

Usually I it ends up being me and 3 pubbies: one quits as soon as they die, as soon as the chopper shows up my partners die and I have to clear that level myself, then the same happens next wave but I die trying to finish the wave alone. Even if I were to luck out and end up with 3 competent people, I don't know if we could beat it until I get a mic and we can coordinate.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
God I'm going to have a pile of bad sport points, but I loving hate like every mission in this game.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

How do you get through level 10? Are you playing with a group of people you know and/or using a mic?

Usually I it ends up being me and 3 pubbies: one quits as soon as they die, as soon as the chopper shows up my partners die and I have to clear that level myself, then the same happens next wave but I die trying to finish the wave alone. Even if I were to luck out and end up with 3 competent people, I don't know if we could beat it until I get a mic and we can coordinate.

My experiences have been similar. I can't get into any crew games, so I end up playing with random dudes and we never get more than a mission or two before people drop out. The gameplay has been great but it's been hard to build any momentum.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Going to be hitting up a game of golf soon. 9 holes with a $1000 buy in bet. I don't know is playing from outside Australia will cause you issues, you can try, but I'd recommend aussie goons only / kroo.

t3hsid is my gamertag if you want in. 360.

I'll be shooting out a public invite to Kroo goons though.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
gently caress I still can't get past the launching session screen and I've tried every option there is to get passed it. Guess I'm hosed until the release a patch that will get my hopes up and still won't work.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Kroons.

I'm def up for that, added you on XBL, been running some missions with other kroons though so might need some notice to drop out.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So what the gently caress is up with the car upgrading system? Specifically the engine and turbo upgrade. You have to win up to 40 races in that class of car to unlock them all. That is a lot of races to win. I could understand if it was 40 races won total, not per type of vehicle.

This was a while back, but I think this is bugged. My personal vehicle is a Vapid Dominator, Muscle-class and I have been unlocking upgrades and gaining credit for class-based wins for it despite never even racing in the Muscle-class, let alone winning.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

DMZ your Xboxes, friends. It worked for me, worked for 2 of my friends, and worked for other people in the other thread.

Reverend Jones
Jan 1, 2007
The Sauce is Boss
Has anyone had any luck doing quick mission, quick deathmatch, etc? I keep getting kicked right as it starts. Also how do I find the Violent Duct mission? Do I just keep calling Gerald?

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

iRend posted:

Kroons.

I'm def up for that, added you on XBL, been running some missions with other kroons though so might need some notice to drop out.

Just shot out an invite. I'll be doing this most of today so I'll shoot you an invite.

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Callick posted:

DMZ your Xboxes, friends. It worked for me, worked for 2 of my friends, and worked for other people in the other thread.

I tried deleting my title update and clearing the cache several times, deleting my character and making a new one, opening ports, DMZ, solo mode, pressing A, switching characters.

What actually worked was just trying it a million times until it finally threw me into the first race with Lamar.

I don't think there is actually a "trick," it's just dumb luck and confirmation bias.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Everyone on ps3 try joining a crew session right now, it seems to be working properly again. You just have to do it a couple of times.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The grind is gonna take so long for me. I seem to be failing every single mission/race/deathmatch/Last Team Standing I've been involved in :shobon: I'm only at level 6 right now.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

A plane race with a large group is a hilarious disaster scenario.

RoosterBrewster
Dec 30, 2009

TF2 MINING RIG posted:

A plane race with a large group is a hilarious disaster scenario.

Yea, well multiply by that 10 if everyone is flying fighter jets.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Slim Killington posted:

God I'm going to have a pile of bad sport points, but I loving hate like every mission in this game.

Missions tend to be generic fetch quests so far (rank 16), but they are pretty fun if you have a mic, play them on hard, and have a group of buddies/goons. Otherwise they are extremely repetitive and I'm against grinding them too hard for fear of burnout.

I hope the whole "we have 500 missions and are making more!!!" wasn't just Rockstar hyping a bunch of minimal effort World of Warcraft quest clones. Heists should be a blast once they get released, but I wouldn't mind a little creative variety on par with the single player missions. I still want to infiltrate that prison, assassinate the warden, and free the inmates dammit...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
The missions start to get really good past about rank 25. You start doing some fun stuff.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
The missions do get a bit more involved as you rank up.

Example, one from Lester when I bought a sniper rifle. Have to steal a plane on a beach north of Paleto Bay, guarded by a dozen mooks in open space. One player gets to provide sniper support to support the others while they try and jack the plane. Once you have it, you have to land at a hostile-filled airport so the team has to jump out of the plane and clear the field while the pilot circles and prepares to make a hasty landing.

It's still not as indepth as some of the single-player stuff, but it definitely begins to ramp up from 20 onwards.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So I tried to join a mission and now it's hanging on the satellite view.

I'm going to lose all my progress and my lovingly crafted Omar Little character, right? :smith:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I bought my special edition weapons on my very first character that ended up getting deleted and they're not there to purchase on any subsequent characters I make, are they gone forever?

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Played a bit with goons tonight, we had a vehicle with people hooked up on a cargobob, I took a selfie from a rooftop:

And a cargobob outside sawake's apartment:

and the cous de grāce, sawake jerkin' it as Obsurveyor 9/11s the apartment:

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Aishan posted:

The missions do get a bit more involved as you rank up.

Example, one from Lester when I bought a sniper rifle. Have to steal a plane on a beach north of Paleto Bay, guarded by a dozen mooks in open space. One player gets to provide sniper support to support the others while they try and jack the plane. Once you have it, you have to land at a hostile-filled airport so the team has to jump out of the plane and clear the field while the pilot circles and prepares to make a hasty landing.

It's still not as indepth as some of the single-player stuff, but it definitely begins to ramp up from 20 onwards.

I played that one with a good group of higher level pubbies, and while the pay out wasn't any where near duct it was much more entertaining and definitely worth the 30 minutes and multiple deaths we put in to complete it. I was flying the plane and couldn't make out his chat through the engine noise (headphones) to tell me the landing strip was clear or not to land. First attempt to land they blow out my right engine, second attempt they were still there and I managed to pull back at the last second. Third attempt they were all gone but I came within inches of hitting a massive boulder upon landing. Best mission so far.

Lucid Delusion
Dec 23, 2009

You're merely postponing the inevitable.
So I wish I had known about the free garage before I bought that lovely apartment for $99K. Ah well..just gonna have to grind out some jobs until I can get more money. Looking forward to finally linking up with some goons this weekend since I'll have more time to play.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Had a lot of fun tonight rolling with Stairs USA...Except for necron and his fighter jet trickery. :argh:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Man, it sure finds a lot of 1009 peeps every time I hit auto invite. I didn't even set it to crew only, and there have been people from other crews that have been invited, but still it's mostly 1009 people. That's really cool. Even though I only play with one or 2 of them per event :v:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
ExZippo, I dunno if you have the same name here or if you survived that military base, but I managed to swipe a jet and buzz some other folks out in the desert. Unfortunately, I got shot a few times and ended up crashing into the nearby lake and dying. :( You might be the best helicopter pilot I've seen. How'd you fare in there?

Were any members of Awful Company hanging in the desert? I wanna know if it was some of our guys I did a fly-by on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but your online character stats officially show up on social club!

• Locked thread