Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

TontoCorazon posted:

Had too much fun tonight, jerked off all over Sawake's stuff and tried to steal some poo poo at the military base with Obsurveyor.

Had a car thrown at us while hanging out at the apartment:

After our exploits we decided to head to Mount Chiliad (I was pretty proud of my flying skills):

And just jerk all over mother nature:

Thanks to everybody for jizzing all over my new apartment. Had an awesome time with ruling the skies- two cargobobs and a few fighter jets make pubbies leave the server immediately. Pussies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinotron
Sep 2, 2008
I finally managed to get in tonight and I had a blast! I ended up picking a Karin Futo Sport as my main vehicle, which has proven to be very entertaining. I also did a liquor store robbery with a Goon, but he took all the money and tried to shoot me. :smith: I can't wait to get in with more Goons and gently caress around. Does anyone know of a good cheap headset for the PS3?

Dinotron fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 5, 2013

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'm currently Hotline Miami-ing it in a pig mask, closest I could get to a letterman jacket and faded blue jeans.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Update is live on 360.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Thanks to everybody for jizzing all over my new apartment. Had an awesome time with ruling the skies- two cargobobs and a few fighter jets make pubbies leave the server immediately. Pussies.

You just disappeared. We made a huge pile of trash in the corner by the window near the door and I shot myself. It might stink a little.

I'm so happy this worked out as well as it did. I want one with the fire engulfing the windows now.

BTW: Don't kill yourself online, you lose all your weapons and ammo.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Oct 5, 2013

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
So somebody mentioned earlier about a free starter garage. I can't find it on the real estate site. Anybody know what that was about?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

tehsid posted:

So somebody mentioned earlier about a free starter garage. I can't find it on the real estate site. Anybody know what that was about?

You get a $25k 2-stall garage for free if you own the collector's edition.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

Oh ok. I sadly don't own the collectors edition. Ah well! Thanks for the quick reply!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

I'm currently Hotline Miami-ing it in a pig mask, closest I could get to a letterman jacket and faded blue jeans.

This rules. Franklin can buy a whole bunch of different colored varsity jackets at Suburban, sucks if they didn't carry all those over for dudes in Online.

I bet they don't get Trevor's Drive jacket either...

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN

Obsurveyor posted:

Is that what it is? Someone linked here and it definitely looks like everyone on Social Club is supposed to get one (even though that would mean everyone in GTAO?)

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Was there just a patch on 360? I tried to join tehsid's game but it said "Please make sure all players have the latest title update" and kicked me out.

fake edit: Yep, patch is out.

real edit: as is stated on the last page 7 times.

iRend fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Oct 5, 2013

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Managed to keep my character, but it ate two levels, a couple grand and my modded car. Now I'm out twenty grand to get back where I was. And I just died in a hail of bullets because my character couldn't get in his car after a robbery, the animation kept glitching.

Sure would be nice to not basically be a beta tester. I mean, yeah, I've had plenty of fun so far - missions and roaming is a hoot, deathmatch sucks, haven't found a single soul willing to race - but goddamn are there a lot of bugs still, not even counting the server issues. I've seen cars blink out of existence close-up, trucks rotating halfway in the ground which then exploded, floating peds and more. I'm sure it'll be ironed out eventually.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

So regarding the update. Here are the latest notes, and update from Rockstar.

Rockstar posted:

Update: The latest title update has now gone live for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

A new GTAV title update to address issues in GTA Online is now available for PlayStation 3. We're currently working with Microsoft to get this update published for Xbox 360 as soon as possible - we expect it to be live by sometime overnight. This title update addresses a number of issues that GTA Online players have been experiencing in the initial days of launch this week, including:

Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.
Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.
Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.
Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.
Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.
Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.
Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.
Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.
Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.
Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.

Also today, we’ve launched the suite of GTA Online features at the Rockstar Games Social Club website including GTA Online player stats, ability to browse, rate and bookmark Jobs to add to your in-game queue to play, Job Playlists and updated Crew pages – as well as the GTA Online Guide which is a growing collection of tips and tutorials we’ll be updating frequently. Stay tuned for more GTA Online Social Club features that we’ll be creating and launching regularly in the weeks and months ahead.

You can also check out the newly updated https://www.rockstargames.com/GTAOnline for an overview of everything from the types of dangerous yet profitable Jobs to pull off to competitive and structured game modes to play and much more. Keep in mind of course that as an ever-growing, persistent and dynamic experience, this is just the start for what you will be able to do in Grand Theft Auto Online long term.

Should you continue to experience any other technical problems with GTA Online, please report your issues at the Rockstar Support website where you can subscribe to the GTA Online Launch Status Rockstar Support article or to specific other Support item tickets for automatic updates. You can also report your issues to Rockstar Support on Twitter. Additionally, if you have any constructive gameplay feedback you'd like to share with us, please send it to our GTAOnline@rockstargames.com address where we're actively looking at what you're enjoying in the game so far, along with any suggestions you have for improving the experience.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/51522/gta-online-new-title-update-available-today-and-more

Krynn
Dec 12, 2005
Professional Lurker
Do you get to keep the aircraft you purchase in GTAO? If so, where do they spawn? I had a mission where I needed to parachute in, but no helicopters.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
This game is loving amazing. Here's the pics that I took.

Everybody jerking off on my bed. :(

Goons taking selfies as another goon hovers outside.

Myself and Obsurveyor(?) I think.... He's jerking off of course...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

just got booted off live for an update in the middle of a mission :argh:

Eriic
Aug 9, 2009

Twisp, is this a truth? Do you do evil?

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Where all the sharp dressers and professional crooks at?

:chord:

I tricked out the best sedan in the game and :yayclod: ate it. At least it wasn't an apartment.

Mecca Respector
Apr 21, 2007
How many votes does it take to get you kicked off a server? I was on a server that was mostly Goon Street and some other crew, and got booted after just a couple minutes. I didn't even get a chance to piss anyone off.

I hope it wasn't goons. :ohdear:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Just got online

Just learned that if you park a car infront of store doors you cannot get out, too bad I was on the receiving end of learning that :(

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So seriously though, where is this free garage? I am looking through the garages for sale and definitely none of them are free. Where is this even documented? When I google search all I get is confused messageboard posts like mine right now.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Wake_N_Bake posted:

This game is loving amazing. Here's the pics that I took.

Everybody jerking off on my bed. :(

Goons taking selfies as another goon hovers outside.

Myself and Obsurveyor(?) I think.... He's jerking off of course...

Hey I did say that apartment was sexy.
I love the fact that you can just hold that taunt button. Whoever put that in needs a raise.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yay, i got into an online game, and am playing with goons! i'll try to find a working mic.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Woah, Roadgame is fun as hell. That was my first time and I already wanna play that again!

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Had a fun time, shame the rockstar mission stuff broke. Good to play with you slagathor

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Samurai Sanders posted:

So seriously though, where is this free garage? I am looking through the garages for sale and definitely none of them are free. Where is this even documented? When I google search all I get is confused messageboard posts like mine right now.

Collector's Edition only, apparently.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Man, I just played hours of missions, deathmatches, races, and free roam with a couple of my friends and a bunch of random PSN folk. This game is everything that I wanted in a multiplayer GTA.

Please don't delete my character, Rockstar. I got him to level 10 and made so much money.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So, yeah, does anyone without Collector's Edition actually see it?

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Patch ate my apartment :(

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
My friend and I had some fun Bonnie and Clydeing some convenience stores!

God, I'm just in love with my meth-faced, jean jacket rocking lady. What a badass. The strong female character I wanted this game to have all along! :allears:

As of right now, I'm a little upset at having to grind up gear and money, but I'm sure I'll stop complaining when I have a nice home and a nice car. Maybe some nice guns. Like a rocket launcher or something to shoot out of a helicopter. My buddy and I had a helicopter fight, and plinking at the other guy with an SMG was just no fun :(. We started doing missions to start ranking up. My friend's slightly better than me at shooting and driving...unless we're off-roading. I'm an offroad monster.

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Apparently I'm really good at parachuting. Won 8 lost 0. Must be all the pilotwings.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ProfessorGroove posted:

Apparently I'm really good at parachuting. Won 8 lost 0. Must be all the pilotwings.
The one parachuting event I did, two seconds after you jump out of the heli you'll crash into a hill unless you dodge right away. I did manage to dodge but later hit a tree.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I dragged a level 6 and a level 12 into a level 30 mission, and i was the one who didn't make it. I'm terrible at this.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ummmmm gently caress Cargo Deathmatch. That is all.

(I was on the winning team that round and I got a decent amount of kills, but it was pretty confusing trying to navigate my way around it.)

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

KROO guys I was just playing with - just realized its way passed dinner time so gonna do that and dive back on once I'm done. Can somebody shoot me an invite if you see me log in, please?

Also I'm trying to hard to save for a house. But drat its tempting to just buy random poo poo. Also ammo/guns (starter ones anyway) are way to expensive.

tehsid fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Oct 5, 2013

Mr Fantastisch
Jun 17, 2010
I'm assuming the Cargobob does spawn at the military base online, but extremely rarely? I really want it so I can go on a pubbie rampage with the tank.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mr Fantastisch posted:

I'm assuming the Cargobob does spawn at the military base online, but extremely rarely? I really want it so I can go on a pubbie rampage with the tank.

It spawns at the helipads in LAX as well.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
It kept my character with the cheapest apartment :woop:
The best way to grind 15-21 is?

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

Mr Fantastisch posted:

Airport, at the normal helicopter spawn. Seems dependent upon level. It'll hook road vehicles, but not other copters or planes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

It spawns at the helipads in LAX as well.

It randomly spawns anywhere helicopters spawn. sandy shores, the hospital, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Where is the impound garage? Cops took my car, then i got killed by some jerk and now theres no icon anywhere

• Locked thread