Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Shoehead posted:

Will you be making any videos of GTA? APB ran like crap for me even on my new PC so I never got to play it much but I always loved seeing your videos popping up on youtube.

Once it's on PC, you bet. Unfortunately I don't have fancy recording hardware for my 360 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

So I lose my apartment and now I can't repeat missions to try and grind the money for another one. Good work, Rockstar.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I guess we can all stop playing this since some hero has already beaten the game.

Some quick fella managed to jam my discarded car in the double doors to some shop I was holding up, in the end the police shot me to death, but not before I banked all my cash :v:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Lugubrious posted:

So I lose my apartment and now I can't repeat missions to try and grind the money for another one. Good work, Rockstar.

It's almost as if half this thread has been repeatedly warning people that there are problems with their character servers, and you probably shouldn't be grinding anything at this point, let alone the more expensive properties in the game.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
Just checked to see if my character magically reappeared after vanishing last night. Still gone but somehow I did get reimbursed all the cash that I lost. Now I just need to make a new character and get back to level 13. :smith:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Mallard only air race, 1m28s world record, I went at it hard and 1m55. This isn't right.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Had two guys gang up on me and try (and succeed) at repeatedly killing me, but I hit level 5 and bought myself a micro uzi. They were sitting around in a car park dicking about, so I scale a nearby hill and rain death on them. Say what you will about the cover system, but watching them scramble for cover behind some cars was pretty :black101:. The one dude then drove up the hill, flew over my head, and I started filling him with holes.

The fight goes back and forth until eventually I'm running up a building, climbing a fire escape until I get on the roof. Dude's got a shotgun and I don't fancy my chances much, so he chases me up the building only to be greeted by the sight of me standing on the edge, facing him, flipping the bird.

I then move to commit suicide, thus making his building climbing pointless as he won't score a kill, but since my character is holding an uzi he does the "cyanide pill" animation rather than the much more hilarious pistol to the skull one. It takes so long that the dude blows me away anyway :smith:

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Dominic White posted:

It's almost as if half this thread has been repeatedly warning people that there are problems with their character servers, and you probably shouldn't be grinding anything at this point, let alone the more expensive properties in the game.

The apartment disappearing isn't what bothers me. I expect bugs like that this soon after launch. It's disabling one of the better ways to make money even though properties going poof is apparently a common thing.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Had fun with goons even though I don't have a mic. Duke Chin was the only name I recognized. I was the very handsome blonde amazon woman with a blue shirt and no pants (dr fatsaq).

The random poo poo is way more fun than the actual game types.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Buzzard only air-race. World record two minutes. I did it in 2m22s. Practice makes perfect but these WR's aren't right.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Tan Ape mask gives you a skin head if you equip and unequip it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Three guys were chasing me trying to kill me, I pull over and mow them down with an SMG. Now they're moaning that I'm ruining the game. :D

bag squad
Sep 5, 2008

by T. Finninho
i just sniped a heli pilot from a moving car ... epic

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

bag squad posted:

i just sniped a heli pilot from a moving car ... epic

Nerf bag squad.

I finished up a round of Meth'd Up and someone thought he was being clever by camping the spawn point where you end up post mission.
What wasn't clever was trying to shoot me from 30 metres away with a Shotty. I just got my Uzi and shot him in the face. :c00lbert:

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
I got blacklisted by Merryweather for killing the pilot :(

Anyone know how long this lasts?

EDIT: turns out it was only until I died. :getin:

EvilTobaccoExec fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Oct 5, 2013

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
It's nice finally being able to play. Got my first car. Anyone on PS3 playing right now? I'm in the 1000-1009 crew.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I'm still on (AWCO) if you see me. I think everyone else went to sleep.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

bag squad
Sep 5, 2008

by T. Finninho
ok losing two thousand gta bucks everytime you die is kind of poo poo

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Slim Killington posted:

I'm still on (AWCO) if you see me. I think everyone else went to sleep.

I sent you a friend invite just to make joining you easier.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

bag squad posted:

Yeah this is still happening eve though they said they patched it out, you still lose money from your bank when you die, I make sure to deposit all the money but when I get killed there goes the $2k...

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Third Street Goons are reppin'

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

bag squad posted:

If you're making money, you're playing wrong.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

I got blacklisted by Merryweather for killing the pilot :(

If you don't murder that wobbly rear end in a top hat the instant he drops you off, you're doing it wrong.

Unrelatedly, you can call for chopper cover during survival - it's not very useful, but watching the Buzzards fight each other is funny.

Virginia Blend
Jan 5, 2010

bag squad posted:

Recession economy son. Ain't none of us making money. Unless you had money in to start well now you have more...

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Any goons on Xbox fancy loving up some pubbies and general dicking about.

Gamertag: TheAllyClark

Mr Fantastisch
Jun 17, 2010
Whoever that was who I airlifted to safety with the Cargobob, then accidentally dropped you to your death....sorry about that! Gravity was not your friend this day.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Mr Fantastisch posted:

Whoever that was who I airlifted to safety with the Cargobob, then accidentally dropped you to your death....sorry about that! Gravity was not your friend this day.

When I tried that with some random surprisingly trusting pubbies, I accidentally slammed them into a telephone pole so hard it killed one of them. Sorry pubbies! :(

The cargobob does make for some good passive griefing though. Find a pubbie sat in his car on the pause screen, pick him up and put him on a skyscraper for fun results. Another good one is taking people's cars away when they're inside holding up a store, especially if they have a mic and had their car locked :laugh:

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Where does the cargo bob spawn?

apocrypha
Mar 1, 2009

I had a lot of fun starting one of those "steal the crack" missions near the very top of mt. chilliad. We hopped and ragdolled down the mountain, drove all the way back into the city, and then finished off by car-surfing to the drop point on a dump truck and spamming the bird at peds. thanks Goons.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well, loaded it up and made it past the tutorial car race, then did a job for Gerald. Soon as we got paid I put my money in the bank, and a good thing too because a woman in a pink polo came up and pistol whipped my entire crew to death as soon as I was done.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

awesome-express posted:

Where does the cargo bob spawn?

In Los Santos International, just behind the terminal buildings, between where the two gates that you can get through in singleplayer are.

Prop planes spawn on the far side of the south runway too, if you're interested in those

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
I take pubbies stranded in the middle of nowhere, drop them off at the strip club, and speedy away with a friendly double-tap on the horn.

Murderous criminal psychopaths can still have manners. (Also he probably didn't have poo poo on him.)

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
We ground out Violent Ducts last night for like 4 hours and I'm up over $440k, but I found out I lost my $25k garage under the overpass (and lost the money)

I heard there was a patch coming - is it safe to buy ballin' rear end pad now?

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Mr Fantastisch posted:

Where do you get the cargobob?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
What's this about people watching stuff on Weazel news? Is it like a proper spectator mode? I'd love to watch people go about their business.

Also, Passive Mode doesn't protect you from being ran over :allears:

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

El Hefe posted:

Yeah this is still happening eve though they said they patched it out, you still lose money from your bank when you die, I make sure to deposit all the money but when I get killed there goes the $2k...

The original news post made it sound like no one should lose money when they die but if you read the change log, they actually just meant in missions. You still lose up to 2k when you die in free roam.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Icedude posted:

When I tried that with some random surprisingly trusting pubbies, I accidentally slammed them into a telephone pole so hard it killed one of them. Sorry pubbies! :(

If it was a green car with a black hood, that was me. I really wanted to get picked up, but it sure was hilarious when we turned into a fireball.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

What's the priciest car you can steal to get tracked for free by Simeon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Songbearer posted:

What's this about people watching stuff on Weazel news? Is it like a proper spectator mode? I'd love to watch people go about their business.

Also, Passive Mode doesn't protect you from being ran over :allears:

Press left on the dpad in spectator mode

• Locked thread