Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Athanatos posted:

Are you dying?

If you go to the Bank Online and hit Transactions it will tell you exactly where your money is going.

Yes. I know WHY I'm losing money, but the thing is that I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to be losing money from the bank through death. And if I am, then that's a stupid mechanic IMO and I'm just not going to bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Says here "Spent on heathcare and bail" for every freeroam death of mine. Despite talk about it being fixed in the last patch.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Combat Pretzel posted:

Says here "Spent on heathcare and bail" for every freeroam death of mine. Despite talk about it being fixed in the last patch.

I thought the only time you are suppose to NOT lose money was TDM deaths.

Otherwise there is 0 Death Penalty.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I think losing it in free roam is intentional, and they patched it out of happening in missions/deathmatches/etc.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

Combat Pretzel posted:

Someone posted earlier saying that the patch only fixes the bug where you were losing money for dying while in deathmatches and such. Losing money for dying in free roam is working as intended, I think.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN

El Hefe posted:

Yeah this is still happening eve though they said they patched it out, you still lose money from your bank when you die, I make sure to deposit all the money but when I get killed there goes the $2k...

Wait, that's not supposed to happen? All this time I thought they were actually punishing me for going nuts for half an hour instead of doing missions.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

My 2 new favorite things to do:

-locking pubies in the convenience stores they just robbed
-attaching a sticky bomb to a helicopter, and leaving it in a well populated place.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Paying for death was fixed to work like single-player.

In an instanced, loaded mission? Failure just means restarting, bank account intact.
In freemode just getting plucked off by pubbies while piddling around? Pay the piper.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Rubber Slug posted:

Wait, that's not supposed to happen? All this time I thought they were actually punishing me for going nuts for half an hour instead of doing missions.

I'm pretty sure Rockstar said that you're supposed to lose some fraction of the cash you have on you when you die in freeroam. Losing money from your bank account shouldn't happen.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Stiggs posted:

Someone posted earlier saying that the patch only fixes the bug where you were losing money for dying while in deathmatches and such. Losing money for dying in free roam is working as intended, I think.
Ah ok. Well, I think there should be some mode to support this in freeroam without bankrupting anyone. If two people are shooting each other, the game would let you join some freeroam feud.

--edit: FYI I am talking about bank money going away, not cash on hand.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Icedude posted:

My garage is starting to come together nicely. Got the freebie RH8 in there along with a Sanchez for offroad fuckery. I had a Felon GT, but I finally just found a Sentinel (not the XS, just plain Sentinel), and figured who wants a lovely softtop when the Sentinel has the coolest hardtop convertible animation? So I sold that sucker and used it to pay for the Insurance and respray on the Sentinel.

I think I have a thing for the Dark Blue/Bright Orange colour combo. Now just to grind the 50k I need to slap the 1000-1009 logo on them.

Also, the marina apartment is possibly the best in terms of location; it's right near an ammunation, just around the corner from the airport LSC, AND you're just a quick 20 second swim from helicopter access. If only it had the heist planning room, it'd be perfect.

How did you get the freebie RH8 in Online? I only got it for free in the singleplayer.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

TjyvTompa posted:

How did you get the freebie RH8 in Online? I only got it for free in the singleplayer.

It's on one of the car websites (legendary, I think) and just listed as free.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

TjyvTompa posted:

You can have it delivered for free from Legendary Motorsport after you get a garage.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

TjyvTompa posted:

Since you care so much I'll have you know that I use the standard xbox 360 headset and a wired controller. My GTA V game is working just fine and I have no problems playing online.

Thanks for letting us know. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your gaming experience as this progresses.

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick
So I tried the car selling money farming thing and it didn't work, it just tells me that they don't need cars even when I quit and join a new session. Is it gone?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cometa Rossa posted:

So I tried the car selling money farming thing and it didn't work, it just tells me that they don't need cars even when I quit and join a new session. Is it gone?

It only works every 48 real time minutes.(2 days in game)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What happens when you sell someone else's personal car (after killing them and taking it)? I assume they can just use their insurance to replace it?

edit: vvv yeah, me too, it's just one of the dozens of things that is still broken.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Are you guys having problems getting Clan Logos to upload? Every time I try it shows up as a broken image

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

EDIT: ^^^ yep

Reppin' the Row with Third Street :cool:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

What happens when you sell someone else's personal car (after killing them and taking it)? I assume they can just use their insurance to replace it?

edit: vvv yeah, me too, it's just one of the dozens of things that is still broken.

you cant get a car that has been modified by somebody else(not even owned/ insured, modified period) into los santos customs.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

you cant get a car that has been modified by somebody else(not even owned/ insured, modified period) into los santos customs.
Oh huh, the game said Los Santos Customs wouldn't look at stolen cars, but they sure as hell did after I killed a guy, took the car he was driving and sold it to them. So, the restriction is actually only on modified cars, not stolen cars?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh huh, the game said Los Santos Customs wouldn't look at stolen cars, but they sure as hell did after I killed a guy, took the car he was driving and sold it to them. So, the restriction is actually only on modified cars, not stolen cars?

No, it applied to 'high-end' cars. They can't even be taken into LS Customs.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

N is for Nipples posted:

No, it applied to 'high-end' cars. They can't even be taken into LS Customs.

I picked up somebody's modded sabre, it didn't say it was owned or anything, but it wouldn't let it into my garage or los santos customs because it was modified by another player. it didn't give me poo poo for putting it into the god drat ocean either.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

This is the second character that got erased, what the gently caress? I think I'm going to wait until the online is more stable before trying to play again.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
So with the Good/Bad Sport thing, can I just be an rear end in a top hat to people and kill them in free roam for fun? Is it basically just affected by quitting out of Jobs?

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
'Sup my goons. Anyone wanna stroll around free mode and kill people?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fatty posted:

So with the Good/Bad Sport thing, can I just be an rear end in a top hat to people and kill them in free roam for fun? Is it basically just affected by quitting out of Jobs?
Yeah, I want to know this too. When I first started playing I assumed that was a penalty for griefing others but surely not, since it's rampant (as it should be, this is G T loving A).

On the other hand, the thing keeps telling me that rewards come to good sports, but I have no idea what those are either.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The only thing i know for sure gives you a bad sport rating is destroying other people's tracked vehicles.

Griefing in general doesn't even seem to do it because i got a $1000 good sport bonus, and i've wasted half an hour hunting one lone pubbie who pissed me off.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Unable to play anything other than solo mode atm, which is fine given my nearly 8 uninterrupted hours of playing last night. Had some great fun zoomin around in a helli and grinding up some xp and cash doing the violent ducts mission. Bought an apartment fully expecting it to disappear any minute, so we'll see how that goes with my troubles getting in today.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Powershift posted:

The only thing i know for sure gives you a bad sport rating is destroying other people's tracked vehicles.

It says when you receive a bad sport tag, and I can happily announce that blowing up a gas station/untagged car that led to the destruction of a players private vehicle did not hit me negatively.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Weapons on parachute jumps are the easiest thing ever.

Just jump late and fill everybody else full of holes before the first marker.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MrLonghair posted:

It says when you receive a bad sport tag, and I can happily announce that blowing up a gas station/untagged car that led to the destruction of a players private vehicle did not hit me negatively.
Haha, I love the child logic in that. "I didn't hit you in the head, the rock I threw hit you in the head! You can't blame me!"

edit: ^^^^ I laughed out loud when I saw the parachute contest had a weapons option.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Even the gun range doesn't work with the servers down. I just wanted to get my weapons stat up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I've been disconnected 3 times today, but apart from that everything is working really really well.

Also, when working up for the apartment, i couldn't seem to build any cash. Now that i've got it and don't want to keep money on me, i can't seem to get rid of it. i've got 2000 bullets for each weapom, a ton of ammo, and keep abusing merryweather, but i always seem to have enough money.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 5, 2013

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I bumped into a goon who was obviously away doing other poo poo, because his character stayed at this spot on the map for a good 15 minutes.

I forget his name, but I took a pic.

Thrifting Day! fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 5, 2013

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, I want to know this too. When I first started playing I assumed that was a penalty for griefing others but surely not, since it's rampant (as it should be, this is G T loving A).

On the other hand, the thing keeps telling me that rewards come to good sports, but I have no idea what those are either.

The reward is $1000, you will get it sometimes, not sure how often but it's not that common.
From what I've read you get bad sport points for destroying other peoples owned cars, not by simply killing them.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
First time in online was a blast. Met up with some goon kroo and proceeded to shoot pubbies from the back of a police van with one gent while two others carried us in a cargobob. Good times when this works.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

I constantly blow dudes up in their custom rides, the game keeps harassing me for bad sportsmanship, and keeps giving ambiguous warnings that I'll regret doing so. But uh, if someone's on your tail in their custom ride, and you sticky bomb their poo poo for them to gently caress off, how is that being a bad sport? I just ignore the warning and do my own thang anyhow.

vjee32
Feb 1, 2008
Looking at social club stats, goon street is filled with tennis pros. 502 wins and 157 losses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Everybody needs to remember that it is the weekend. The servers are going to get smashed harder then they have been yet. So even if you've played and got a character, expect issues aplenty for the next 48 hours.

Just something to keep in mind.

• Locked thread