Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

loving police impounded my bicycle and trying to steal it back is bugged. That was a really nice bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
When are the money cards going to be available? Anyone know?

Mr Fantastisch
Jun 17, 2010
God drat is tennis some bullshit if you've got an overseas opponent.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
This thread really needs and IRC channel. All these people split between dozens of crews with only an excel sheet to coordinate? F that.

fake edit:

irc.synirc.net
#gta5goons

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Aishan posted:

They had them in, but took them out due to the loss of cars/properties. Hopefully now that they're fixed...

They are fixed right? Has anyone lost an apartment or car since the title update?

Well, my character disappeared yesterday and if I try to start GTA:O, it's still missing today. It doesn't even show up on the social club which is pretty baffling since I had two separate sessions on thursday and friday... which means that it was obviously stored in the cloud at some point.

My second successful session was after updating to 1.02 (PS3 btw), so it's not like it was lost due to the patch. Who knows? I'm not going online until that poo poo is fixed for good (and hopefully lost characters/ranks/insured cars are restored), I'd rather wait it out than having to restart again and again.

If I had spent any money on GTA$ I'd be pretty mad right now, luckily I did not and it just sucks that I lost a bunch of hours and my sweet, sweet rank/e-penis/pixel stuff :smith:

MagnumOpus
Dec 7, 2006

Trip Report on grinding Base Invaders, which gives a $25k payout. Totally do-able with a 4-man crew, note that Ron's plane only holds 3 people and sometimes glitches and won't let a third in. You can get around this by getting a Merriweather helo (lvl 30) or suiciding once at least one person has entered Ron's plane and you'll respawn at the base. Once you're there you have all sorts of options and I think that's the fun of the mission so I won't give step-by-step but here's what you need to know:

- Lazers can be blown by either C4 or a grenade (but it needs to be close)
- The 2 Lazers nearby each other in front of the hangars often have a handful of guards and a jeep
- There are sometimes tanks that will roll by the hangar area, but it seems not to be scripted to happen until a couple minutes after you arrive at the base
- Once you blow any Lazer, the base alarm will sound and soldiers will spawn endlessly
- One of the places soldiers spawn is from a double door to the left of the hangar that has the Cargobob
- The Cargobob hangar usually has 4-6 dudes inside of it. You can snipe most of them from outside (look on the catwalks inside) but a couple are often out of sight so be careful going in

Since I'm sick I've got all afternoon set aside for GTAO. Looking to do anything with goons on 360, my gamertag is ninpo617.

Chaostime
Jan 3, 2008

Kurt Cobain's biggest phobia was bears in pools.
So how does wearing a mask help you rob shops? I saw a tool tip that mentioned something about it so I bought one, but I can't remember what benefit you get from it.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Forgive the lovely cellphone photo (heh). Here's me and my matte black Ubermacht Oracle (parked in front of Franklin's house, a man can dream). Hardly a minute after pulling out of LSC with its brand new tracker, someone pops me and makes off with it (this was before I was able to figure out how to lock down cars). He killed me a couple more times as I tried to retrieve it, but eventually he dumped it somewhere after joyriding and banging it all up. Thanks guy!

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Last night was the first night I was able to get on and it worked flawlessly. Got to do the initial Lamar race, did a few missions, robbed some stores, did some races/DMs, and got to fight someone over some weed. Even with that I was only level 3 with about two hours played and didn't have much cash since I had purchased some stupid upgrades and got killed in freeroam a few times before making deposits. Wasn't too happy with my choice of starter car but at least I got the swing of things.

Today I read the info in the OP about appearance/stats and decided to restart my char, with the new headset it seemed like a good chance to start from scratch now that I know what I'm doing (kinda). Unfortunately the game is back to getting stuck on the Lamar race :( I hope I didn't mess things up.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So is the character creator straightened out? I wasn't clear at all on if we can make people of varying heights, but if we can I'd like to try making another dude.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

went up the spout again.

Lotish posted:

So is the character creator straightened out? I wasn't clear at all on if we can make people of varying heights, but if we can I'd like to try making another dude.

I think I read that you get taller with experience.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Samurai Sanders posted:

With the insurance system, I don't see why blowing up cars should be tied to rep at all. The bad sports servers should be reserved for people who are, you know, BAD SPORTS, by quitting races before they are finished and stuff.

I can see where they were going with making you pay for their insurance, but that being practically the only way to get Bad Sports is stupid. There's much worse things you can do to somebody. If you kill somebody who is trying to lose the cops, you'll usually get their car impounded.

It's cool that when you join multiplayer it puts you in with other goons usually, but it's not cool that they are the people that are most likely to come and gank you.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 5, 2013

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
When do the money cards come out? Has Rockstar said anything about them?

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

numbs posted:

Nobody knows. And you already asked once on this page.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Broseph Brostar posted:

I can see where they were going with making you pay for their insurance, but that being practically the only way to get Bad Sports is stupid. There's much worse things you can do to somebody. If you kill somebody who is trying to lose the cops, you'll usually get their car impounded.
Sometimes I think that DMA Design, despite having developed GTA games for decades, has a precious few people who can actually predict how players will play GTA games.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
There's nothing more satisfying in deathmatch than hiding on a corner and watching some guy sprint towards you only to get blind-fired shotgunned to the face when he's within 5 feet.

Side note, suppressors are great. The damage reduction is pretty much minuscule for being able to kill people without popping up on radar.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Pivit posted:

I think I read that you get taller with experience.

I dunno. I swear this guy I started the post race mission with was half a head taller than me and according to the game we were both rank 2.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

numbs posted:

Jesus christ, the servers are still on fire, several features still aren't working right, and they've not even released the best-paying missions yet. Why are you already queuing up to throw more money at it?

Just wait a while. The game isn't going anywhere.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Baron FU posted:

Nobody knows. And you already asked once on this page.

Perhaps there's a reason I asked again, bud.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Flat out not connecting/taking forever to connect on PS3 right now... Staring at a loading screen for 5 + minutes.

Just goes to show their biggest problem is server load and their fix is to ride it out till less people wanna get on all at once.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

went up the spout again.

Lotish posted:

I dunno. I swear this guy I started the post race mission with was half a head taller than me and according to the game we were both rank 2.

Maybe your sports vs couch stats affects it?

Feenix posted:

Flat out not connecting/taking forever to connect on PS3 right now... Staring at a loading screen for 5 + minutes.

Same, not even getting the little yellow spinning circle or a press X message now.

edit: There it goes, now we're bouncing from loading to single player, back and forth.

Pivit fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 5, 2013

Happy Little Tree
Feb 14, 2009

Prokhor posted:

Had a fun time, shame the rockstar mission stuff broke. Good to play with you slagathor

Yeah, sucks we couldn't do any missions together. Though running for our lives to steal jet planes was equally enjoyable.

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008
Just posting because i sent requests to a bunch of goon crews on the social network.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Well my best friend's dad's grandpa works at Nintendo and he says that cash cards will be out :siren:when the servers aren't hosed:siren:

Please add to the OP

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Money cards? Like, spending real money on the game? Who in their right mind would do that when property and stuff is still being eaten by the server?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Side note, suppressors are great. The damage reduction is pretty much minuscule for being able to kill people without popping up on radar.

Suppressors with stealth "hunched over" movement = :haw: on our faces, never showing up on map, aah.

The first sniper rifle is 21, its suppressor is unlocked when? I want to cause panic and listen to the voice chat panic. Maybe I should bring that up with my shrink.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I didn't quit the job, I got kicked from the server! gently caress you, game.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Money cards? Like, spending real money on the game? Who in their right mind would do that when property and stuff is still being eaten by the server?

The same people who are getting two characters eaten a day, but still insist on grinding the same mission or two dozens of times over to buy big apartments.

Crazy fuckers, that's who.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nothing is more funny than your friends trying to talk nasty to the strippers while in the room.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Sadly the bowtie unlocks at level 30.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
I must be an idiot, I can't figure out how to do the quick action without having to go into select mode. Surely that isn't the quickest way?

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

Party Plane Jones posted:

What else determines whether or not you show up on radar? I seem to always be able to see everybody on the enemy team at all times, is that just because they are sprinting around non-stop?

Do you have to be in stealth mode to not show up, or is just walking enough?

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Soggy Muffin posted:

I must be an idiot, I can't figure out how to do the quick action without having to go into select mode. Surely that isn't the quickest way?

Press both sticks. Like using a special ability in singleplayer.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Soggy Muffin posted:

That's the only way.

Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

Sadly the bowtie unlocks at level 30.

Are there no regular ties in multiplayer? I feel like I could be looking more dapper than I already am...

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
This was a fun glitch:

Made it really easy to get rid of the cops...was sort of a bitch to get back to land though.

After that me and a few crew members farmed Meth'd Up for like 90 minutes or more and then I bought a decent apartment with a 6 car garage, no view though. Then we took turns trying to steal jets from Ft. Zancudo, and a few of us were successful but I kept eating tank fire :(

Hopefully the cloud didn't eat the character, it did eat the other one, but that one was stuck on the tutorial, so it wasn't a real loss.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Pleatherface posted:

Are there no regular ties in multiplayer? I feel like I could be looking more dapper than I already am...

Go to Ponsonbys and one of the small glass cabinets sell them.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
I'm addicted to team deathmatch. Infinitely better than COD.

Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004

Hamburlgar posted:

Go to Ponsonbys and one of the small glass cabinets sell them.

I only see the bowtie as an option. Unless I'm just not wearing the right shirts when I go to that cabinet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Pleatherface posted:

I only see the bowtie as an option.

:stare:

How have I not known that exists

• Locked thread