Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well I was going to get my goony rear end outside today and buy a PS3 mic, but since GTA Online isn't working I can stay inside and get absolutely no sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griffon
May 14, 2003

So, what's the current best grind to get money below level 10?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I wish Goon Street had more room, the other Xbox 360 groups aren't nearly as active. :smith:

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Griffon posted:

So, what's the current best grind to get money below level 10?

Just do missions man.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Stiggs posted:

What else determines whether or not you show up on radar? I seem to always be able to see everybody on the enemy team at all times, is that just because they are sprinting around non-stop?

Do you have to be in stealth mode to not show up, or is just walking enough?

Depends on the game mode. Deathmatch/TDM/LTS are dependent on your stealth stat, if you're moving (and how fast, sprinting and jumping make you much more visible on radar), and which weapons you're using. If you're using unsuppressed weapons you're going to light up like a Christmas tree every time you fire.

Of course, in free roam, you're entirely viewable by everybody on the server and suppressed weapons only server to make the cops not come as quickly.

Also, quick poll: which slot are people who are having trouble with their characters using? Because I selected #2 off the bat (#1 was filled with some pasty-faced neckbeard who I generated but never used) and I've yet to have an issue.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
3rd Street represent, murder runners everyday:

Sorry I'm not the most entertaining person to play with currently, I don't have a mic and I was playing with a friend today so I didn't get too involved with goony goings on. Chasing down and throughly embarrasing this health-concious loser with a friendly Saint helped me feel the love though :3:

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Dr.Oblivious posted:

I wish Goon Street had more room, the other Xbox 360 groups aren't nearly as active. :smith:

I wish you didn't have to set an active crew and just let you invite from them all at will.

Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004

Eonwe posted:

Well I was going to get my goony rear end outside today and buy a PS3 mic, but since GTA Online isn't working I can stay inside and get absolutely no sun.

Why not buy it when nothing is going on as opposed to when everyone is online having fun? #mic_chat

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Me and a pack of wild goons were chasing down another goon with a bounty, then it said everybody left one by one :(

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So, I managed to get to my character - This lady doesn't look anything like the male character I made. And I'm out in the desert. I guess my character had fun last night.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pretty sure the RT to retry option doesn't save your progress during the mission, so any money earned disappears when you retry that way. Looks like they patched out the ability to farm missions, unfortuantely. :smith:

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

explosivo posted:

Pretty sure the RT to retry option doesn't save your progress during the mission, so any money earned disappears when you retry that way. Looks like they patched out the ability to farm missions, unfortuantely. :smith:

Nope. Tried it last night and I still had the $1000 i earned from the previous attempt (On PS3 atleast)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Eonwe posted:

So, I managed to get to my character - This lady doesn't look anything like the male character I made. And I'm out in the desert. I guess my character had fun last night.

She sure has a...manly chest.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

MagnumOpus posted:

Trip Report on grinding Base Invaders, which gives a $25k payout. Totally do-able with a 4-man crew, note that Ron's plane only holds 3 people and sometimes glitches and won't let a third in. You can get around this by getting a Merriweather helo (lvl 30) or suiciding once at least one person has entered Ron's plane and you'll respawn at the base. Once you're there you have all sorts of options and I think that's the fun of the mission so I won't give step-by-step but here's what you need to know:

- Lazers can be blown by either C4 or a grenade (but it needs to be close)
- The 2 Lazers nearby each other in front of the hangars often have a handful of guards and a jeep
- There are sometimes tanks that will roll by the hangar area, but it seems not to be scripted to happen until a couple minutes after you arrive at the base
- Once you blow any Lazer, the base alarm will sound and soldiers will spawn endlessly
- One of the places soldiers spawn is from a double door to the left of the hangar that has the Cargobob
- The Cargobob hangar usually has 4-6 dudes inside of it. You can snipe most of them from outside (look on the catwalks inside) but a couple are often out of sight so be careful going in

Since I'm sick I've got all afternoon set aside for GTAO. Looking to do anything with goons on 360, my gamertag is ninpo617.

Ron's plane can hold 4 people, we did it a billion times last night. Some people have a lot of trouble getting into the back seat; I have a theory that it has something to do with their character model. Like, maybe really tall people can't get in to prevent clipping? Anyways if someone can't seem to get in the back seat, put them in one of the front seats and see if the people who were in the front seats can get in the back.

Also, sniper rifles are worthless against AI. They barely zoom far enough to allow you to shoot an AI without them laser targeting you right back, you can't move when zoomed, you always start at minimum zoom when you aim, suppressors in general are worthless against AI after the first shot, and half the time the AI is psychic and will duck out of the way as soon as you line up on them, even if they aren't looking your way. It's really loving stupid.

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 5, 2013

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

God drat, Online is a blast now that it's mostly working for me. Thanks to the Street guys who helped grind that Duct mission a bunch of times, now I just have to figure out what I'm gonna spend all these ducats on.

E: For those having trouble getting everyone into the plane for Base Invaders, you can jump the fence right behind the checkpoint at the base entrance on the left side (facing the base). There's a grassy hill that will carry you over the lip if you gun it in most cars.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Songbearer posted:

3rd Street represent, murder runners everyday:

Sorry I'm not the most entertaining person to play with currently, I don't have a mic and I was playing with a friend today so I didn't get too involved with goony goings on. Chasing down and throughly embarrasing this health-concious loser with a friendly Saint helped me feel the love though :3:

I logged into your session, raced halfway across the map to find you and then your friend shot at me.

I cried.

Gamertag is : TheAllyClark for anybody that doesn't want to hurt my feelings :(

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Anybody else on PSN having problems connecting to a game still?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Slim Killington posted:

Yeah, I just tried and it wouldn't even get past the initial loading stage when you startup the game.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

It's been said repeatedly the the PS3 servers are massively struggling. Hell I posted saying exactly that a couple pages back. Are you people just not reading the thread?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Slim Killington posted:

I've only been able to connect once since they put up this mess and it froze when I started the first race. After that it failed to connect every time I try to get online. I'm not even sure why I'm still trying since everything I hear from the online mode sounds terrible.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

The Natural posted:

I logged into your session, raced halfway across the map to find you and then your friend shot at me.

I cried.

Gamertag is : TheAllyClark for anybody that doesn't want to hurt my feelings :(

Aw :smith: All the while I was like "Oh god please don't murder each other! Let's do cool poo poo!" but I have no mouth and I must flail ineffectually at my screen.

GTA: Online was the one thing to convince me to resub to gold, and now it's made me want to talk to people. Crazy.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
I can get to the screen to give cut of the money to other players and adjust the % but how can I confirm an actually give the money?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Jacada posted:

It's been said repeatedly the the PS3 servers are massively struggling. Hell I posted saying exactly that a couple pages back. Are you people just not reading the thread?

I would go through 300 pages just to find out the answer to a simple question but I might run into one of your posts, too risky.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

56k posted:

I can get to the screen to give cut of the money to other players and adjust the % but how can I confirm an actually give the money?

I don't exactly remember, but there's either an option at the bottom to distribute the money or you need to press X/A twice. (Once to set the amounts, twice to confirm)

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Unless you've seen the mission's name in someone's discussion of farming it, like Violent Duct or No Hay Bronca or Meth'd Up and so on, the payout range from decent to not worth it compared to races.

If you have enough skill to brake going into a turn and to slow down for 5 seconds instead of crashing and losing 5 seconds, you can bank $5000+ on a top position or $3000+ on a middle finish and probably have more fun than playing a scrapyard shootout 20 times.

Barn Owl
Oct 29, 2005
"text"

tehsid posted:

SELLING CARS AT MOD SHOPS
All cars listed are UNDAMAGED. Prices will be lower with more damage to them.
You can sell one car every 48 IN GAME minutes.
  • Landstalker - $5800
  • Gallivanter Baller - $9000

Add Lampadati Felon $9000

The fenced value seems to be 1/10 the online price.

Throatwobbler
Apr 7, 2010
PS3 online worked fine yesterday evening and this morning (in Europe), but now seems to bee hosed again.
We'll just have to wait. When GTA:O works it is a blast playing, I can tell you!

Overbite posted:

I've only been able to connect once since they put up this mess and it froze when I started the first race. After that it failed to connect every time I try to get online. I'm not even sure why I'm still trying since everything I hear from the online mode sounds terrible.

Chaostime
Jan 3, 2008

Kurt Cobain's biggest phobia was bears in pools.
So what's the deal with using masks for holding up stores? How do they help?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

The patch created a pretty amazing glitch:

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Chaostime posted:

So what's the deal with using masks for holding up stores? How do they help?

They let you go back in and actually buy things with the mask off like candy/snacks to heal you mid-mission or beer/cigarettes for goofy victory pose stuff.

Throatwobbler
Apr 7, 2010
If you don't wear a mask the dude behind the counter will recognize you the next time you walk in, that's all.
Don't know if thats permanent or has a cool down time.

Chaostime
Jan 3, 2008

Kurt Cobain's biggest phobia was bears in pools.

Gaspar Lewis posted:

They let you go back in and actually buy things with the mask off like candy/snacks to heal you mid-mission or beer/cigarettes for goofy victory pose stuff.

Ah ok, so they don't help you escape the cops by removing the mask afterwards or anything?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Chaostime posted:

Ah ok, so they don't help you escape the cops by removing the mask afterwards or anything?

Removing the mask once hte cops are not on to you drops one star off your wanted level.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do females not get full outfits/suits?

I went to where someone said they saw them, and don't see an option.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Barn Owl posted:

Add Lampadati Felon $9000

The fenced value seems to be 1/10 the online price.

The Lampadati Felon GT is $9300 :getin:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
There's also some boring German looking sedan which is also worth $9k.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
I can't seem to find where to redeem the free garage everyone had been talking about. The real estate website only lists properties for sale. Where do I find this?

Also pubbies flip their poo poo when you start chasing them in a police car with the sirens on.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

I can't seem to find where to redeem the free garage everyone had been talking about. The real estate website only lists properties for sale. Where do I find this?

Also pubbies flip their poo poo when you start chasing them in a police car with the sirens on.

Yeah I also want to know about this, I have the free single player garage you get for signing up for the social club but I don't have poo poo online.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Looks like that was a misunderstanding. Seems to be collector's edition only. I would love it if someone who doesn't have the CE can confirm they have the free property.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Saturday evening UK goons, who's ready to pary!

• Locked thread