Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

There is a free car you can redeem once you have a garage and it seems you can do it as many times as you want. Might try to taunt people into blowing it up once multiplayer is working again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Looks like that was a misunderstanding. Seems to be collector's edition only. I would love it if someone who doesn't have the CE can confirm they have the free property.

I have the special edition and get a free hammer, .50 pistol, bullpup shotgun, and sawed off shotgun with all of their suppressors, skins, etc. I haven't seen any free properties.

Pivit fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 5, 2013

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
What's all that shitload of network traffic the game seems to do trying to join any session? Content updates?

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Vetitum posted:

Saturday evening UK goons, who's ready to pary!

I would be, but servers are down. I managed to get online but it won't load any missions. Going to bed instead :(

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Online seems to be down! I was able to get on fine all week, and even last night, but now I can't! It just keeps timing out. RIP GTAO. :( :( :(

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

Combat Pretzel posted:

What's all that shitload of network traffic the game seems to do trying to join any session? Content updates?

It's downloading the job and doing netcode magic to make sure everyone has a good connection to each other.

Chaostime
Jan 3, 2008

Kurt Cobain's biggest phobia was bears in pools.

Vetitum posted:

Saturday evening UK goons, who's ready to pary!
No one on the PS3!

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Hamburlgar posted:

I would be, but servers are down. I managed to get online but it won't load any missions. Going to bed instead :(

I had this happen to me too, so I hit join a new session and now it's working fine.

ivy
Apr 4, 2009

You want to know my take on the title of the album? Billy and Jimmy always have this bad pun game, is what I call it. It's the bad pun game getting out of control. Embarrassing. Not the name. The name's not really embarrassing. Just the game.
Pillbug
I'm in the UK and I can't get online at all (except in a 'Solo' session which seems pointless). I've read in the comments on the Rockstar Support site that supposedly if I get invited to a working session by someone else I can get in, would anyone kindly add me and send me an invite? PSN is PxiePip.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Broseph Brostar posted:

I can see where they were going with making you pay for their insurance, but that being practically the only way to get Bad Sports is stupid. There's much worse things you can do to somebody. If you kill somebody who is trying to lose the cops, you'll usually get their car impounded.

It's cool that when you join multiplayer it puts you in with other goons usually, but it's not cool that they are the people that are most likely to come and gank you.

Who is ganking you? If they are in Goon Street, I'll kick them out. Goon Street is about messing around with goons and having fun, not for maliciously killing other members.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW
Something's wrong with my connection. Everyone in any lobby I join leaves. :(

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

To those worried about the servers: I know an inside man at Rockstar and he says he's working with a team on fixing things and tightening up the graphics as we speak. Online should be up and running smoothly very soon.

For proof, he's a cellphone pic he snagged in the Rockstar server room:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
If you have an AWCO tag and I see you, I'll likely come rushing to you to help in whatever you're doing. I often find goons getting in firefights with pubbies and bring the cavalry, nothing like flying up in an Escalade with two other people to gently caress someone's day up for picking the wrong fight :black101:

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

is there a way to find out what level a mission is by looking at the map?

e: nvm, found it!

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

Who is ganking you? If they are in Goon Street, I'll kick them out. Goon Street is about messing around with goons and having fun, not for maliciously killing other members.

Feel free to invite me in their place where I shall only give hugs, not bullets.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/comradeflynn

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

We had a goofy issue where a pubbie could talk and listen in the Crew chat(yes, my chat options were correct). It was pretty confusing at first but then his precious crying about having no money and whining because I shot him really annoyed the poo poo out of me. I sniped him out of his coveted fighter jet twice with a sniper rifle.

edit: Oh yeah, if you were really some passive aggressive goon that turned off his crew or whatever: gently caress you, you're a whiny bitch BlazinBlade47 or whatever your dumb name was.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 5, 2013

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

The run in with goons I had last night was okay i guess. I managed to start in a lobby full of goonstreet people and went to check out a group of four crewmembers running from the cops, who then shot me in the head to take my car and speed away in it. After it was destroyed I caught them on foot and bowled into them with a mini cooper à la that famous gif of the car running through the crowed NYC bike rally.

It was also worth noting that I saw some goonstreet dudes spawnkilling this guy with the gamertag "Equestria Gamer" over and over. :banjo:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
What's the max number of players allowed in one session? Sixteen? Man, I wish it was higher. I know that console servers probably couldn't handle it, but a 64-player session would be hilarious.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Where were all the choppers in the airport supposed to be? I cant seem to find anything.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

What's the max number of players allowed in one session? Sixteen? Man, I wish it was higher. I know that console servers probably couldn't handle it, but a 64-player session would be hilarious.

Sixteen yeah. It kind of sucks trying to join crew members now that GTAO is working for everyone. Every time I get an invite poo poo is full and it takes forever to go through the abort/rejoin/retry process.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

right on the southside of the building to the right when you come in from the east entrance.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
There are a lot of choppers that fly in and out of this one helipad. It's towards the airport, but not actually in the complex. It's on the water of the canal that feeds out into the ocean by Vespucci, and there's a parachute drop from there in single-player.

Actually it's probably something to do with parachute drops in GTAO too since Dom is in my phone.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Anyone know how safe my single-player data will be if I start today after installing the latest patch? This list seems to indicate that the problems related to that have been addressed, but I wanted to check and see if anyone has had similar issues post-patch.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Jon93 posted:

It's downloading the job and doing netcode magic to make sure everyone has a good connection to each other.
It does a lot of network IO trying to boot up GTAO, too. That's before even being able to join any session at all. Today I'm just timing out all the time, however still a lot of traffic happening.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm able to access solo play at least. But no flipping cars or anything like that.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Gaspar Lewis posted:

There are a lot of choppers that fly in and out of this one helipad. It's towards the airport, but not actually in the complex. It's on the water of the canal that feeds out into the ocean by Vespucci, and there's a parachute drop from there in single-player.

Actually it's probably something to do with parachute drops in GTAO too since Dom is in my phone.

Ooooh! I bought that place in SP. Sweet!

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Anyone decide to make a baller their personal car? I had stolen so many figured I should own one. Insurance is drat pricey at 11k. Gonna pimp out when I get more money and hopefully roll with a crew wrecking pubbies in style.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I keep trying to join a game with a friend from my crew, but whenever we do an activity and try to move back to free roam it dumps us in different servers. This is getting annoying.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Lotish posted:

I keep trying to join a game with a friend from my crew, but whenever we do an activity and try to move back to free roam it dumps us in different servers. This is getting annoying.

It's normal. It seemed to work better when I was in an Xbox Live party but I'm not sure if that wasn't just luck that we kept going back to the same empty session.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Also pubbies flip their poo poo when you start chasing them in a police car with the sirens on.

I was hunting down players with bounties this way earlier. Its a beautiful thing.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

cheesetriangles posted:

Insurance is drat pricey at 11k.

11k is nothing. I just sold a random SUV that was driving past for almost 9k.

Really, something that needs to be repeated here is that rewards for missions seem to go up as you rise up the ranks (I saw that some of the later ones so far give $25k or more?), and also the highest-paying missions (multiplayer heists) are currently not active.

It's very much by design that there aren't many big-money opportunities when you're just starting out.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Awesome gaming last night with the Kroo.

Survival can be interesting. *ROUND 1* *a teammate has died* *a teammate has died* *a teammate has died* guys bullets hurt you should maybe grab some cover.

Did manage to get to round 10 of survival thanks to some very creative bin-hiding from another Kroo, that paid out $18000 and 6000rp I think.

Also bounties are amazing. I can't wait to have a bunch of spare cash and just throw $5000 away on a bounty on some random - we had half the map going after one guy, then after he was finally taken out everyone realised "hey, the guy that killed him has a bunch of money now!" cueing an impromptu deathmatch.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Hm, not only did I get a "timed out" message, but the game locked up on that screen. I hope my multiplayer character is okay...though if she isn't no biggie, I haven't invested in very much yet.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

Lotish posted:

Are you voting for free roam and it's still putting you in different sessions?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

iRend posted:

Survival can be interesting. *ROUND 1* *a teammate has died* *a teammate has died* *a teammate has died* guys bullets hurt you should maybe grab some cover.

Most players really don't seem to realize that COVER IS LIFE. You'd figure after the 20th death from running around out in the open, they'd start to piece together the nature of their problem, but apparently not.

GTAO deathmatch (at least with auto-aim enabled) is a tactical game of positioning. I guess not what people were expecting.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Where in Ponsonby's can I find ties?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Samurai Sanders posted:

Hm, not only did I get a "timed out" message, but the game locked up on that screen. I hope my multiplayer character is okay...though if she isn't no biggie, I haven't invested in very much yet.

Yeah this is me too, the game will make the button press sound though when I press X even though nothing happens. If you go into SP though and pick Online from the pause menu, then Character Select, you can see if your character is there. Mine was, but you can't sign in.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

PS3 back online? I just got in

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Dominic White posted:

11k is nothing. I just sold a random SUV that was driving past for almost 9k.

Really, something that needs to be repeated here is that rewards for missions seem to go up as you rise up the ranks (I saw that some of the later ones so far give $25k or more?), and also the highest-paying missions (multiplayer heists) are currently not active.

It's very much by design that there aren't many big-money opportunities when you're just starting out.

11k isn't much in the grand scheme of things but multiplayer is down on PS3 so all my normal ways to earn a lot of cash I can't do. I spent all my money on random stuff today and haven't been able to get online to refill my reserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."
I tried to ride in the backseat of my crew member's car and I accidentally ended up riding on the side of the car holding on to the roof and standing on the term. How do I do this on purpose?

• Locked thread