Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Are any other US goons having troubles with this stamp:

I just got a whole bunch of things returned to me for incorrect postage when I sent them from the Post Office, and I'm not really sure what's up. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Niemat posted:

I just got a whole bunch of things returned to me for incorrect postage when I sent them from the Post Office, and I'm not really sure what's up. :(

I hate it when they don't print the value of the stamp on the stamp. Every year we have a slight increase in postage and I'm always afraid that those particular stamps won't cover it anymore. Last time I did goon mail, I mailed out a ton of stuff and no one said anything in this post about getting them, didn't get any goon mail back and didn't receive them as return to sender. Dunno what the heck happened there but I was pretty disappointed. :(

Edit: I would like to add to my opt-in post that I am ridiculously obsessed with Game of Thrones so any associated stickers or anything that you crazy goons may have would earn instant Party Hat Lovin's.

party hat fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 5, 2013

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Niemat posted:

Quoting myself, since it seems too much time has passed to make sense for an edit. :)

I brought one of the letters into the Post Office (sorry, mail goons, but it was my returned rent check), and the gal behind the counter said she couldn't explain it, everything was clearly in order. She guessed they must have been training a new person who didn't recognize the forever stamp and marked it incorrect postage as a result. She markered all over my rent check envelope, apologized again, and sent it on its way! I'm glad I'm not going crazy, but I am bummed about all the returned mail for no reason. :(

Also, sorry, party hat! I know how that feels. :(

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

party hat posted:

I hate it when they don't print the value of the stamp on the stamp. Every year we have a slight increase in postage and I'm always afraid that those particular stamps won't cover it anymore. Last time I did goon mail, I mailed out a ton of stuff and no one said anything in this post about getting them, didn't get any goon mail back and didn't receive them as return to sender. Dunno what the heck happened there but I was pretty disappointed. :(

Edit: I would like to add to my opt-in post that I am ridiculously obsessed with Game of Thrones so any associated stickers or anything that you crazy goons may have would earn instant Party Hat Lovin's.

Forever stamps don't have a value because they are good regardless of price increase. In fact, for domestic mail you should pretty much only buy forever stamps.

(edit)

I forgot the real reason I came here - I got mail from Lamb, DLAO, and Frenchnewwave!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I got a very nice card from FrenchNewWave. It featured the art of Georges Braque, who was a very cool artist.

Thanks for the art!

Also, I just finished a pile of postcards, which will be going out this week.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 6, 2013

brotato
May 14, 2013

I received this awesome cross stitch (cross-stitch?) from Kafka's Goldish! Need to get a frame for it.

The kitten envelope next to the cross-stitch is for Kafka's Goldfish; this letter appears to have left Atlanta on the 17th, then proceeded to do I don't even know what, and finally arrived back at my house this afternoon. I can't believe you were nice enough to send me such a cool present without even getting a letter from me! I'll be re-sending this one in a different envelope.

I guess in the future I need to address my letters more clearly. No idea what is going on. Hope the other folks have received my little notes. I'm running out of stamps.

lady flash
Dec 26, 2007
keeper of the speed force
I just ordered a bunch of Halloween postcards, I hope to send them out this weekend. I'm just going to randomly pick names from the list unless people request one.

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
I'll join in the card exchange again. October 20 is my birthday is anyone wants to send me a card.

Amber B
2021 W 2nd St
Apt 401
Duluth. MN 55806

I've always enjoyed my goonmail and kept my favorites even from a few years back.

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer

Niemat posted:

Quoting myself, since it seems too much time has passed to make sense for an edit. :)

I brought one of the letters into the Post Office (sorry, mail goons, but it was my returned rent check), and the gal behind the counter said she couldn't explain it, everything was clearly in order. She guessed they must have been training a new person who didn't recognize the forever stamp and marked it incorrect postage as a result. She markered all over my rent check envelope, apologized again, and sent it on its way! I'm glad I'm not going crazy, but I am bummed about all the returned mail for no reason. :(

Also, sorry, party hat! I know how that feels. :(

That makes sense, I was wondering how "forever" could possibly be "incorrect postage".

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Kafka's Goldfish! I love the cross stitched octopus and quote :3: I'll take a picture and post it later today.

I haven't been able to send anything out in forever as my new job hasn't really been giving me enough hours and the pay isn't the greatest, but on the plus side I love it there. I won't be able to send anything out just yet but I do have some nice cards ready for christmas so I will definitely be sending out a batch for that.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Hey all, I know it's short notice but my bday is October 17. You know, if anyone wants to send anything......... :)

I picked up a bunch of cards and hope to send them out early next week. Finally getting back into the swing of things.

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
I got a neat Halloween card from The Genesplicers with evil killer clowns on it! It got me in the holiday spirit, I hadn't gotten a card from here in a long time so it was a nice surprise. My dreams are now full of bloated gourds and clowns.

Ashendar
Oct 19, 2011

I just got postcard from DLAO, and was very sorry to hear that it was my letter that was torn to pieces and delivered in paper bag.
I think i included small chocolate candy to the letter, so they probably decided its a bomb or something :argh:

I will be sending reply shortly! :) Also i got some semi-NSFW postcards from my trip to Germany, looking forward to sending to goons and goonettes :D

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Finally got to the Post office to check our box and we were thrilled to get stuff! Jesse got a couple birthday cards :D. We also got a postcard fromGenesplicer which was quite ironic. See picture. :eek:

From Mizufusion-

And Finally from Kafka's Goldfish!!
(Jesse's)

And Mine which I am TOTALLY framing and putting in my bedroom. :3:

I've got a stack of stuff that should be going out at the end of the week. Including some late birthday cards :doh:. Also my mother has decided she would like participate in this. If you send something you'll definitely get something back from her. She was super excited when I told her I'd add her and went and bought a box to keep stuff in and a bunch of stickers and random stuff at the $1 store.(If anyone has anything with gnomes on it,send it.She has a collection of gnomes.) At this point it looks like we're all going to share a P.O. box even though it's mine. So if you send stuff addressed to any of us I'll make sure it gets to the right person.
Rhonda C.
P.O. Box 509
Owensville,Ohio

P.S. She mentioned something about sending recipes and tea bags. Anyone interested in either?

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 14, 2013

Dancer
May 23, 2011

You know sending tea-bags might actually be an awesome idea, but isn't the post going to freak out because of ~powders~?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Is the post even working with the government shutdown?

Ashendar
Oct 19, 2011

Kommando posted:

Is the post even working with the government shutdown?

Shouldn't that be a critical service?

Btw, does anyone know what kind of things could cause problems if put into envelops? If they see something lumpy, will they open it and check for antrax or something?

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

I also got a creepy clown postcard from the Genesplicers over the weekend. Very in the spirit of Halloween.

Post office is running during the shutdown. Not sure what the policy is about lumpy mail.

mysa09
May 28, 2010

Ashendar posted:

Shouldn't that be a critical service?

Btw, does anyone know what kind of things could cause problems if put into envelops? If they see something lumpy, will they open it and check for antrax or something?

One year for Christmas I mailed pencils and erasers and pin buttons. The envelopes were slightly lumpy/stiff. I never had a problem except when I stuck stickers all over the envelopes. They all got where they needed to go but my post office guy was grouchy about it. :(

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I got a pretty postcard from The Genesplicers!

USPS is self-funded and not affected by the shutdown.

You can definitely mail tea. They run things through an x-ray and "scent" detector if it's suspicious but it's rarely opened. It's more likely they'd think it's pot, but it shouldn't be a problem.

lady flash
Dec 26, 2007
keeper of the speed force
I was sent a postcard from Genesplicer too with a task to look up his favorite race horse. It lead me to this video of the race
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqj2hkbDnyM

Thanks for the laugh Genesplicer

brotato
May 14, 2013
Thank you, Genesplicer, for the reminder that Ted the Caver is still a thing. All those descriptions of tight spaces totally makes my skin crawl, ha ha.

I've got a set of 7 Halloween-themed(ish) things to mail out tomorrow to goons. I have four stamps left so I'll probably pick out another random four of you to send some last-minute spooky cheer to.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I got goon post card from Genesplicer and a letter from 13Pandora13 YAY!

I also just got laid off today, so Hello to my fellow Unemployed Minions. It is I, Imperial Queen of all that seek employment.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DLAO posted:

I got goon post card from Genesplicer and a letter from 13Pandora13 YAY!

I also just got laid off today, so Hello to my fellow Unemployed Minions. It is I, Imperial Queen of all that seek employment.

I'm sorry to hear that :glomp:

I got mail today from PG and Lamb(who sent a buttload of Halloween goodies)!

Halloween is like my Christmas. I've been to the Spirit store like 6 times to just hit the buttons on the :zombie: animatronics for an hour. It's a good thing the people there are equally as weird (and nice/cool about it).

frenchnewwave
Jun 7, 2012

Would you like a Cuppa?
I've received several letters recently and have been terrible about thanking the senders and responding. I was covering for someone at work, so doing twice the work for three weeks. I'll thank everyone this week and try to send out some mail goodies soon.

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
Just got a badass card from Genesplicer!

http://imgur.com/qkPdEfS

Rock on!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
One of my postcards came back. :( I before E, did you move, or did I do the address wrong?

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
Thank you for the card Brotato. I need to send some cards out, myself D:

SuzieMcAwesome
Jul 27, 2011

A lady should be two things, Classy and fabulous. Unfortunately, you my dear are neither.
I am the worst thank you person EVAR :( BUT, I have received cards from The Genesplicers and MizFusion and FrenchNewWave

They have all been very handy the past few weeks as wonderful bookmarks!

Edit: Also received a card from "Hannah" from new zealand. There was no goon name so I do not know if it originated here or not...

SuzieMcAwesome fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 20, 2013

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

That was me, I put my forums handle on most of them but I guess I missed that one.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

genesplicer posted:

One of my postcards came back. :( I before E, did you move, or did I do the address wrong?

The card I sent a few weeks ago got bounced back too. :(

But I also got a card from Genesplicer! And yesterday I got a card from Brotato. The envelope was seriously mangled, but the card was okay and it had a bunch of foamy stickers inside. :)

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
Got a card from fellow goon Frenchnewwave, thanks! You made my day a whole lot brighter :)

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

I got a lot of cool cards last year which really made my holidays :3: . If everything works out in the next month I and a couple of friends will be moving into a new home. (Nice Christmas gift) Because of this my work address would be better for cards. It's 7036 Forest Hill Avenue Richmond, Virginia 23225. I look forward to surprising my coworkers with goon love.

Monachos

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

I got some mail from Mysa09 filled with all sorts of goodies today. Thank you!

Working on a bunch of cards tonight that should go out tomorrow or Wednesday. :neckbeard:

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
Got a bundle of Halloween joy from the wonderful Lamb!! Thanks a bunch, sorry to those who have written to me recently and not received a response. Work and life have been rather frantic lately. Hopefully soon I'll be able to find some time to send something out, if not I'll save up for a mass christmas mailing.

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Got some mail from Lamb last week! (I also finally found out where she bought her envelopes.)
On the other hand my mother is way ahead of me and has pretty much mailed something to all the USA people (she says about 80% maybe).
So from now on my address is:
Stephanie Cahill (my mailman keeps writing "last name?" on my stuff)
P.O box 509
Owensville, Ohio 45160

Edit: Anyone like Hello Kitty or Dr. Seuss?

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 10, 2013

epiphanylol
Sep 18, 2013
Hey I would like to try this out!

Robert Vince
18424 Collins St. Apt. 12A
Tarzana, California 91356
United States of America

Please don't send me anything such as bodily fluids or pictures of your genitals. Thank you for your time.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got four goonmail cards yesterday! I bet you're all jealous. :neckbeard:

Backs of cards + some stuff from other goons that I recently received. Thanks to French New Wave, Genesplicer, Brotato, Lamb, Mysa09, Rhonda C., and Lady Flash!

I immediately put on the eyepatch that Lamb sent me, along with the blue plastic necklace from Rhonda C. (not pictured). It is the best necklace because it's just like the ones I always wore as a kid. I feel kind of silly wearing it because it's little kid jewelry, but I also feel fancy at the same time. I even wore it to dinner last night, and my fiance thinks it looks nice too. I am easy to please, apparently. :downs:

I also hung up the fake spider and webbing near the front door, and gave the Pop Rocks to my fiance. Then I put ghost stickers all over my calendar because seriously that is the best ghost ever.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

mysa09 posted:

Edit: Anyone like Hello Kitty or Dr. Seuss?
HELLO KITTY FOR LIFE!

Lamb I got goonmail from you! :-) I was so happy and my husband kept asking me "You... got mail from someone named.. Lamb?" But then he immediately hung up the spider.

I also mailed out letters to some folks (I think). But that, I mean, I composed letters and put postage and had every intention of mailing them out and somehow came home later and they were gone, but I was a bit drunk, so I'm thinking I either mailed them off or ate them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

I got a card from Party Hat ! Posting pictures from my phone is hard though :saddowns: I sent one to you already so it should be on the way, but it is only a postcard so I will send a proper reply to this one. With stickers!