Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm sitting at 4.000B CPS, have 100 of everything except time machines and antimatter condensers. The only vanilla achievements I'm missing are 200 cursors and grannies (and 100 of the two aforementioned buildings), and I'm currently sitting at 32 chips.

I'm kind of at a loss about what to do. Cookie Monster is telling me to go for the last kitten achievement, which has a 2 day timer right now. Alternatively I could just get more buildings, but I'm also about 180k T in deficit for Lucky (Frenzy). I've gotten Get Lucky, so should I just wait it out?

Basically I'm asking whether I shouldn't buy anything for a day or two, or if it's better to just keep building poo poo during the first playthrough endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?
Yeah you're at the stage of the "game" where most of your chips will be coming from golden cookies, so it's better to wait it out.

e: I should also point out that Cookie Monster is a huuuuuuge security vulnerability. You're basically giving whoever made it the keys to do anything to your computer. It's probably safe, and all changes to the doc have been cookie related so far, but you could also copy and paste the source contents into a pastebin that you control and change the URL.

Rene Rancourt fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 6, 2013

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

No, the script can only do anything to your browser, and it's fairly limited in that. It could maybe steal your Gmail password or something, but it's sandboxed in the browser.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Are you guys all running on /beta/ or stable? I'd thought about migrating to /beta/ since dungeons seem to be taking their sweet time, but I noticed you can't import saves from older versions anymore. :smith:

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I'm running production still. Creeping up towards getting 100 condensers; I have 111 chips, getting about 31B CpS right now. Then I can reset again!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Help meeeee.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Oenis posted:

Are you guys all running on /beta/ or stable? I'd thought about migrating to /beta/ since dungeons seem to be taking their sweet time, but I noticed you can't import saves from older versions anymore. :smith:

You can unlock factories on stable
code:
Game.Objects['Factory'].unlockSpecial();

Varjon
Oct 9, 2012

Comrades, I am discover LSD!

Nettle Soup posted:

If you're in Chrome, download Tampermokey, click the icon, new script, this:

Unless there's something different here, I don't think you even need the app. Just make a new bookmark with that code as the destination and click it when you have cookie clicker loaded. That's how I do it.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Since anti-matter condensers were in a recentish update, does the mathematician cheevo still start from 1 time machine and go from there, or does it start at one condenser?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's one condenser. You now need 128 farms.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Did my first reset, got to 1m without clicking, and suddenly I'm not compelled to continue.

I... I think I'm free.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Steve2911 posted:

Did my first reset, got to 1m without clicking, and suddenly I'm not compelled to continue.

I... I think I'm free.

Did you get 100 condensers?

squirm

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
I just realized at this point, I'm not farming cookies anymore but rather Heavenly Chips. I've lost count of how many times I've reset and it seems I can at least make enough cookies for 350 Heavenly Chips within 24 hours after a reset.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

Funkz posted:

I just realized at this point, I'm not farming cookies anymore but rather Heavenly Chips. I've lost count of how many times I've reset and it seems I can at least make enough cookies for 350 Heavenly Chips within 24 hours after a reset.

I think it becomes about farming Heavenly Chips the moment you learn what they are.

Varjon
Oct 9, 2012

Kraps posted:

I think it becomes about farming Heavenly Chips the moment you learn what they are.

I was ready to stop clicking cookies until I found out about chips.

You...you mean I can get cookies faster by making a lot of them first...?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Varjon posted:

I was ready to stop clicking cookies until I found out about chips.

You...you mean I can get cookies faster by making a lot of them first...?

Wait until you have several thousand of 'em.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Is not refreshing your browser after an update within the threads code of ethics?

I spent a few days abusing cookie chains and got up to 185 quintillion cookies. I used to wonder if I would ever get 1 trillion cps outside of frenzies and now I'm wondering when I'll hit 10 trillion.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

If you have to ask... :colbert:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jibo posted:

Is not refreshing your browser after an update within the threads code of ethics?

I spent a few days abusing cookie chains and got up to 185 quintillion cookies. I used to wonder if I would ever get 1 trillion cps outside of frenzies and now I'm wondering when I'll hit 10 trillion.

There are people who still have the condensers which only cost 1 billion cookies. You're fine.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Is there any reason to revert the demonic grandmas?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Got my first 6.666 quadrillion cookie chain, finally got 100 antimatter condensers and the upgrade, almost doubling my CPS. Finally broke 100 billion/sec. Now to save up for 240 cursors.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Is the final cursor upgrade still not working correctly and/or screwing with Cookie Monster?

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
So what exactly is the ideal time to reset? I'm at the point where I'd get 41 Heavenly Chips if I resetted, and I have 90 time machines, 65 condensers, over 100 of everything else (including 200 cursors) and pretty much every reasonable-to-get upgrade (including Get Lucky)
I'd like to wait till 100 Heavenly Chips but it seems like that'd take a while to reach

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Wait til a quadrillion at least, so you get the achievement

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I reset for the highest reset achievement, and after that I reset when you double your all time most banked, and it's working out pretty good for me. I'm almost to three quintillion, steamrolling for four.

Varjon
Oct 9, 2012

Had frenzy and click frenzy at the same time, for the first time ever.

Just... :stare:

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Varjon posted:

Had frenzy and click frenzy at the same time, for the first time ever.

Just... :stare:

Yup.

Only 12 condensers to go until 100 :negative:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Frenzy and click frenzy and I still didn't have enough to buy my next condenser. :negative:

blahshi
Apr 29, 2009
I'm on my first run and have 20 quadrillion in hand, with 74 condensers bought, should I bother getting to 100 condensers on this run, or is resetting the better advantage?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
This would be positively hypnotic if I were stoned. As it is, it's just regular hypnotic.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

blahshi posted:

I'm on my first run and have 20 quadrillion in hand, with 74 condensers bought, should I bother getting to 100 condensers on this run, or is resetting the better advantage?

No don't get 100 ON the first run. I was gonna and I reset and man that was a good idea.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Am I missing something in the beta, or is there no way to turn off automatic movement in the dungeon? I feel like I'm having to fight with my character to get them to do what I want.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
The 126th condensor costs 154 QUADRILLION cookies.

It's almost time to reset.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

That one is the best condenser.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

The 127th condenser is better

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

For shits and giggles I decided to see what would happen if you forced blood frenzy and click frenzy together.

Cookies per click : 91,931,417,391,265,540

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So...90 Condensers. Part of me wants to reset, the other part of me wants those last ten Condensers first.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Breetai posted:

The 126th condensor costs 154 QUADRILLION cookies.

It's almost time to reset.

I start resetting when it gets to the quintillions, close to 140 condensers

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Patter Song posted:

So...90 Condensers. Part of me wants to reset, the other part of me wants those last ten Condensers first.

Just let those cookies go. I reset twice before getting 100 condensers, it sure feels a lot faster!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Patter Song posted:

If you're on your first run, you'll probably be better off just resetting soon. It's not going to be long before you're waiting a day or two between things worth buying. My first reset was 125 Heavenly cookies, and I got back to where I was roughly in two days, and it still took me another few to hit 100 condensors

• Locked thread