Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

neurotech posted:

What's the easiest way to steal a jet?

Steal a flying vehicle from Sandy Shores, preferably a vehicle you're most comfortable with. Approach Fort Zancudo as low as possible over the fence. Land close to the jets but don't block your escape. Do a 360 and pop anybody close nearby who may have a carbine. Get in the jet. You don't need the runway to take off, just from where the jet is parked and the far edge of the runway that you see. Gun it and remember to retract your gears. Fly high and escape, dodging stuff if necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
The bars aren't super accurate.

A sports car starts with it near maxed, and turbo with a few other upgrades can max out other care bars but their acceleration and top speeds will not be equal.

I'm shocked they removed Nitrous

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
I just put a mask on, robbed a store then took off the mask. Now my character has no hair... And I'm past the point where it gives you the one time chance to change your character.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I just put a mask on, robbed a store then took off the mask. Now my character has no hair... And I'm past the point where it gives you the one time chance to change your character.

Head for a barber shop and they can glue some hair on your head.

A beard too!

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

BarkingSquirrel posted:

go to a barber.

I just got an email from rockstar saying theres a new update, anyone with a lost character get theirs back recently?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I never got the option to redo my character. How does it work?

Dinotron
Sep 2, 2008

Tokubetsu posted:

Is there anywhere to find the karin futo consistently online?

I got mine in East Los Santos near the LS Customs shop on Olympic Fwy. They're surprisingly rare, but they're also pretty quick and unique. I've yet to find another person online that drives a Futo as their main.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

TehGherkin posted:

Head for a barber shop and they can glue some hair on your head.

A beard too!
I didn't see any on the map and they weren't listed on the location list on the right side. I presumed there weren't any in Online.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I didn't see any on the map and they weren't listed on the location list on the right side. I presumed there weren't any in Online.

You may need to progress a little bit, if you haven't done very many of the story missions from Simeon/Gerald. I seem to recall it taking a few ranks/missions before all the businesses and poo poo possible became available.

influx.
Dec 16, 2007

Nice pants!

neurotech posted:

What's the easiest way to steal a jet?

Just drive straight in and fly back out....

http://youtu.be/TPKPxkvstTU?t=2m35s

*eh, offline mode, try it anyway and let us know.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Dinotron posted:

I got mine in East Los Santos near the LS Customs shop on Olympic Fwy. They're surprisingly rare, but they're also pretty quick and unique. I've yet to find another person online that drives a Futo as their main.

Yea I loved them in SP and everyone online seems to being driving something super or a muscle car. Felt I should be a unique snowflake.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
What's that Simeon? You want my pal and I to go blow up some cars for you? Ok!

*pours gasoline all over the cars, gets in own car, farts exhaust and cruises away*

Shucks what a series of unfortunate events :kiddo:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Why WOULDN'T you drive an Ubermensch or Obey? ZE GERMAN ENGINEERING. :v:

(Okay, so I drive German cars IRL, so I'm biased.)

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Capn Beeb posted:

*pours gasoline all over the cars, gets in own car, farts exhaust and cruises away*

The only good Simeon mission.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Well one thing I figured out, just kinda stay in the middle of an alleyway in the city, find cover and stand still. Whoever is feeling murderous will come to the person who is standing still on the map then ice them as they approach.

I had some pretty hilarious moments come of this, including one guy who was inching a car forward trying to find me.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Capn Beeb posted:

I got that job before I could access anything that could make things explode.

I painstakingly drove all the cars to a nearby gas station and then shot one of the pumps. :v:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Honestly I'm a little sad that I have to wait until rank 45 to unlock the retro racer flares for the Futo.

I mean, the Futo is still now and forever my favorite car in GTA, but still, want those flares real dang bad.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Why does Simeon act all grumpy after you deliver one of the five cars he texts you about and he removes the ability to deliver any more until his next text message. Oversight as heck?

Fastidious Toes
Apr 10, 2009

so much blood....
Thanks johnsrog, haven't had that much fun in an hour ever.

Fastidious Toes fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Oct 7, 2013

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

influx. posted:

Just drive straight in and fly back out....

http://youtu.be/TPKPxkvstTU?t=2m35s

*eh, offline mode, try it anyway and let us know.

Same idea, different location. Head south down the Freeway towards the base, and as the tunnel comes up, hit the hill about 15 feet to the right of the tunnel entrance. You'll ramp over the fence into the base, drive to the open hangar and get in a jet.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
To DukeChin et al I was just in a rally with, I don't have a headset (new one delivered tomorrow) and I wasn't getting any cues from my co-driver. I decided that I'd be better off playing solo until I get that headset in.

(Askew101 in case you're wondering)

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Well it happened. Lost my rank 15 dude. But still have 50k in the bank. gently caress doing the tutorial again though.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
For those of you that want to recreate the glory of your pasty-white Northern European heritage in GTAO:

Typical, Semi-Good Looking White Guy Generator:

a)Custom Grandma and Grandpa
b)Mom's side: Grandma 1 Grandpa 1
c)Dad's side: Grandma 1 Grandpa 1
d)Put all the mom/dad resembelance sliders in the middle (doesn't really matter too much)
e)For the 'Your appearance/resembelence' slider, make sure it is nearly all the way over to the male side.

Add hair, beard, sparkly aviator glasses, and done!

Also, for anyone wondering how the 1 time character appearance change works at level 6:
a)Hit level 6+
b)Log out of game/turn xbox off
c)Next time you login you will be forced to either change your character, or keep it as is. There is no way to 'save up' your character appearance change token for a later date which kinda sucks. (Unless of course, you decide to keep your Xbox on 24/7 and never logout of GTAO at least until the servers crash.)

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Secondary point: Illegal Activities affects your look, and gives you that 'Meth Addict' vibe the higher it is. The effect first appears at 7 hours of Illegal Activities, so if you want to look normal whilst getting those sweet points in Driving & Shooting, 6.5 hours is the way to go.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Antti posted:

Also helped us that we'd picked fast cars as our starters, of course. My friend has Sentinel and I have a Schyster Fusilade.

Is the Fusilade probably the best non-premium car? I tried a Sentinel and it doesn't seem as good as in previous games.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The mini-clone is the best car because it corners like it's on rails and accelerates like mad.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Avalanche posted:

Also, for anyone wondering how the 1 time character appearance change works at level 6:
a)Hit level 6+
b)Log out of game/turn xbox off
c)Next time you login you will be forced to either change your character, or keep it as is. There is no way to 'save up' your character appearance change token for a later date which kinda sucks. (Unless of course, you decide to keep your Xbox on 24/7 and never logout of GTAO at least until the servers crash.)

I'm level 19 and never got this.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Nobody commentated on the fact that when I made my new character, my Dad was John Marston from RDR. I could not change this.

Also, my character now has no hair after wearing a mask, and the haircut she had is locked for another 20 levels or so, will that ever come back?

I spent ages last night looking for a car to sell and could only find SUVs that sold for $3000, what are the best areas to get cars to sell to LSC?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Dravs posted:

Nobody commentated on the fact that when I made my new character, my Dad was John Marston from RDR. I could not change this.
You change it by selecting John Marston, then at the bottom right it'll give the option for 'Y - Custom Dad' which changes it back to the standard Grandparents option.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
As it turns out, the most expensive apartment has a fairly mediocre view. For some reason the second most expensive has what I consider to be the best view of any apartment in the game. I have no idea why Rockstar made it this way apart from trying to troll players who *must* have the most expensive apartment just cause. Or maybe I'm crazy and the 400k apartment DOES have the best view. You be the judge:

South view, of downtown.

East view.

Further east view, including the Vinewood sign.

Bedroom.

Main living area.

Bonus pic of the modern gangster in his new apartment! I still wanna get that retwo looking car and I hope Rockstar add Tommyguns.

Now a question: I registered a custom license plate as soon as the iFruit app came out but still don't see it in game. It's not in any options at LSC either. Anyone know how I can apply it to my cars?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

That view is awesome what are you on about.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
So that's why I feel home in the $80k apartment..

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

MrLonghair posted:

So that's why I feel home in the $80k apartment..

It just feels right for a criminal lady who basically spends her days dressing like a cop and ferrying her crew to a military base in a stolen helicopter to live in a loving shithole that's close to the choppers.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I hope eventually they add some more varied properties, I didn't even know I could buy apartments for a while because I kept trying to find houses in the desert and country. :(

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

It just feels right for a criminal lady who basically spends her days dressing like a cop and ferrying her crew to a military base in a stolen helicopter to live in a loving shithole that's close to the choppers.

Lester keeps nagging me to pick up an apartment with a heist planning room, I hope I'm not missing out on too much.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

prussian advisor posted:

What level do you have to be to get the option to send Merryweather hit squads after other players, and how much does it cost? Do they keep sending them until the player dies? Can't wait to try this.

Not sure about the level but it is around 30 somewhere, maybe 31? It costs $7500 and if the squad for some reason fails to kill the player you get a refund.

MrLonghair posted:

Why does Simeon act all grumpy after you deliver one of the five cars he texts you about and he removes the ability to deliver any more until his next text message. Oversight as heck?

Sounds like a bug, on the 360 I have delivered several cars from 1 text. Although I have seen his text disappear after returning from a job so that I'm unable to deliver the rest of the cars.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

I hope eventually they add some more varied properties, I didn't even know I could buy apartments for a while because I kept trying to find houses in the desert and country. :(

I honestly thought this was going to be an option. So there's many little houses scattered around the desert and country that would be perfect for safehouses.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lechunnel posted:

More car customisation questions: are the top speed/acceleration/traction etc meters absolute across all vehicles, or relative to each car? In other words if I get a Dominator and mod it so that its speed maxes out the meters, will that have the same top speed as an Infernus or whatever?

I'd test it out myself but haven't the scratch to do so. The GTA wikis I've found so far seem pretty empty on info, too.

I use this info for vehicles and it seems to be accurate when compared to the in game bars and generally how they perform.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Innovacious posted:

Still need some help with this if anyone has spotted one.

Please note that while this is A dune buggy, it is not THE dune buggy, it is a BF Injection.

This is THE dune buggy.

For what it's worth the first thing I do when I log in and the last thing I do before I log out is take a chopper around the island looking for one of these and still haven't found one...I'm pretty convinced they just aren't available in free roam for some reason but I'm holding out hope that they're just exceptionally rare...would love to hear if you manage to find one, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

M2tt posted:

For what it's worth the first thing I do when I log in and the last thing I do before I log out is take a chopper around the island looking for one of these and still haven't found one...I'm pretty convinced they just aren't available in free roam for some reason but I'm holding out hope that they're just exceptionally rare...would love to hear if you manage to find one, though!

The B.F Injection is in online for sure, seen it several times around sandy shores. The other vehicle is a special vehicle that can't be modded in singleplayer so I'm not sure it exists online, sorry.

• Locked thread