Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

I kind of want this. Any suggestions on text. I'm thinking "Set your enemies on fire."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I kind of want this. Any suggestions on text. I'm thinking "Set your enemies on fire."

Since Ysengrin is in it I would suggest "Support your Tank" instead

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

"Have you seen my wolf Ysengrin?"

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

A girl and her dog.

On Fire.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
"Keep your friends close (and on fire) and your enemies closer (and on fire)."

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

code:
[size=large][b]LIGHT
YOURSELVES ON[/b][/size]
[size=xx-large][color=#FF4400][b]FIRE[/b][/color][/size]

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Rasamune posted:

code:
[size=large][b]LIGHT
YOURSELVES ON[/b][/size]
[size=xx-large][color=#FF4400][b]FIRE[/b][/color][/size]

Thank you all for the suggestions. I went with this one.

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

I just started reading the series yesterday, and I'm already on chapter 20. Annie is just the most :3: character, and the art is beautiful.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I do have to wonder about the long term effects of Annie going full elemental here. But still this page is great and panel two is awesome.

And the monster's reaction is great too. "drat. Fire elemental. Pack it in everyone"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

wow fire elemental

so strong

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Whiny butts can't candle fun city.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
I'm most immediately reminded of this Order of the Stick comic. It's a good twist, at any rate.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Panel 2 reminds me of Ava's Demon in a good way.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!
Her speech patterns sound more mature in full fire elemental mode (with the mask on). I wonder if the fire elemental aspect of her is a gestalt of its previous hosts? Or at least lends its more experienced perspective when invoked.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Hodgepodge posted:

Her speech patterns sound more mature in full fire elemental mode (with the mask on). I wonder if the fire elemental aspect of her is a gestalt of its previous hosts? Or at least lends its more experienced perspective when invoked.

The only downside of the Fire Elemental State is that if she is killed in it, the reincarnation cycle is broken!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

But then everything changed when the Fire Elemental attacked.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
I really enjoy that their reaction to the fire elemental is "Eh. Seen it. Lets go home". Panels 1 and 2 would make really great avatars as well. They're both amazing.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Hodgepodge posted:

Well, the mind is only a plaything of the body.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

Hodgepodge posted:

Antimony using a more mature speech pattern is nothing new. Actually, it seems like in recent times she's started talking more informally than she did at the beginning of the strip.

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

Prison Warden posted:

The only downside of the Fire Elemental State is that if she is killed in it, the reincarnation cycle is broken!

At least I'm not the only one who thought of the Avatar State while reading today's comic!

It's immensely satisfying to see Annie just break their will to fight, just by powering up like that. She didn't even really have to move in order to get their respect.

Doctor_Blueninja fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 7, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

Antimony using a more mature speech pattern is nothing new. Actually, it seems like in recent times she's started talking more informally than she did at the beginning of the strip.

Given that, despite her confident appearance, this is likely a high stress moment, I'm not surprised she's reverted back to a more formal manner. It's her safe mode.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

MikeJF posted:

Given that, despite her confident appearance, this is likely a high stress moment, I'm not surprised she's reverted back to a more formal manner. It's her safe mode.

Good call, looking back on it she did the exact same thing* after getting that call from her dad.

*Exact same thing sans fire of course.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

nope.avi

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hodgepodge posted:

Or she's just trying to sound formal since this is kind of her job?

Man this thread, you guys are always looking for crazy conspiracies.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Her smiling and being all "happy to help if you need me" while being a living manifestation of fire is pretty awesome. She knows she's powerful, and she knows they know she's powerful. Panel 2 couldn't possibly ooze anymore confidence.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Oh, you can do that now. Okay then, Carver. :sweatdrop:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

"well we just wanted to have some fun murderin' good ol' Ysengrin, but if yer gonna be that way... thanks for ruining fun city, jerkface!"

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I wonder how often the red-horned, red-eyed, bull-shaped tree from hell requires the service of a medium.

Hodgepodge posted:

That's not the mask, Bruce Wayne Antimony Carver is the mask.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Forest pages are always so pretty :swoon:

Also, I'm joining the can-Annie-do-this-at-will? club. It'd be an interesting party trick, to say the least.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

DontMockMySmock posted:

Haha, nice. But something's not quite right. . .

(I have no idea why I did this)

If nobody's taken it by the time I get home from work, I may have to avatar this.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

seravid posted:

I wonder how often the red-horned, red-eyed, bull-shaped tree from hell requires the service of a medium.

How else would he settle a dispute without getting into a punching fight while on fire?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
SSJ2 Annie is every bit impressive as I'd thought she would be. Good job.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

So we can assume Ysengrin knew this would happen, right? He knew her mom.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

drat those first two panels are good. Especially panel two. Annie looks so cool.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Or she's just trying to sound formal since this is kind of her job?

Man this thread, you guys are always looking for crazy conspiracies.

Eh, more just that Tom is a good writer and can convey a great deal with subtle things- sometimes so much that it's easy to speculate that there may be a hint about something not yet explored hidden in small details.

Also my other favourite thing to read is Attack on Titan and man, that series is just different once you know all the things it hints at without giving them away.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Whitenoise Poster posted:

drat those first two panels are good. Especially panel two. Annie looks so cool.

I dunno, I think she looks pretty hot. :downsrim:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Ka0 posted:

SSJ2 Annie is every bit impressive as I'd thought she would be. Good job.

"And this, is to go EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!"

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Prison Warden posted:

"And this, is to go EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!"

Cue 18 pages of Annie yelling her hair longer.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I take it that everyone guessed at who the fire elemental "from before" was.

"Was" being the key word here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

VanSandman posted:

Cue 18 pages of Annie yelling her hair longer.

At one-and-a-half months' worth of updates, it would still feel shorter than a DBZ power-up sequence :v:

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I take it that everyone guessed at who the fire elemental "from before" was.

"Was" being the key word here.

I like to think that they've seen a couple of fire elementals in their lifetime, including Surma, and just know not to gently caress with them like you know not to gently caress with a rattlesnake.