Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Edit Wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Berke Negri posted:

What are some good lore-friendly armor/outfit collections? I liked some stuff in Spice of Life but ended up dropping it because I hated using the custom body mods that made all the female characters look weird (and even with them there still was a good deal of clipping/buggy get ups).

There really aren't very many, which is sort of depressing and surprising at the same time. The ones that are floating around are either mods that just sort of unceremoniously dump everything in a box somewhere, or only work with males, or only work with females, or require PipBoy or model replacements, etc. For this reason, I put together a compilation called the "Low Profile Armor Mod" with the help of another goon (in the OP) that took a fair number of lore-friendly stuff and integrated it into the game. It doesn't require any PipBoy replacements or custom player models, and they work with both male and female characters.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I use an outfit called Gunslinger, on the nexus. It owns.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I've always been really confused why there weren't more cowboy/old west themed outfits for New Vegas.

I'll check out LPAM, apparently I'd already downloaded it at some point but forgot. Thanks! Looking at the screenshots this is what I was looking for.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Psion posted:

I use an outfit called Gunslinger, on the nexus. It owns.

If it's Jaysus' Gunslinger collection, yeah, it's a pretty sweet collection of western themed outfits. I actually liked it so much that I took one of the outfits and put it in LPAM, since there weren't nearly enough barechests and cowboy vests in the vanilla game.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

I really liked the collection of armors from the Beyond Boulder Dome mod that someone picked out earlier in the thread- the Elite Death Squad and Death Squad armor are pretty cool lookin' and also not totally out of place.

Download at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16985121/bbdarmors.zip

There's also the Desert Scorpion stuff which is another favorite of mine.

Unfortunately between those, Spice of Life and like random dragbody stuff there's a pretty slim selection of armors that really look like they "fit in".

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Seeing that most Armors were at some point ripped from some other game (if they aren't mashups of already existing armors [or mashups of armors of other games]) it's kind of hard to find some game where you can take the armors from, as NVs setting is pretty unique. Most games do that modern tactical thing that just doesn't really fit into NV. When I did the armor collection I would've killed for some bulky power armor. Then I just kind of gave up and put everything in. :shobon: I'd do the whole thing differently now but there's no way I'm going to inflict that kind of pain on myself again.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Reinforced Leather Armor is the most awesome armor that Fallout has ever had or will ever have (I'm currently in Honest Hearts and gathering materials to make the gecko-backed version). The various riot gear variants are #2. I've never seen an armor mod that I've thought really added much to the game. Boob windows and tactical ballistic digicam webbing operator costumes don't do it for me.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 4, 2013

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

LPAM sadly didn't play nice with my in-progress playthrough, so I'll have to put it off till my next one :saddowns:

As for armor, I am trying this out and so far love everything about it: NCR Trooper Overhaul. It cleans and tightens up the NCR uniforms while still retaining the kind of early 20th century feel to them that was clearly intentional by Obsidian, not some sort of modern tech'd up Rainbox Six-like army.

Anyone try out the author's similar Legion revamp? It looks good too, but it seems more feature creep-y.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

LPAM sadly didn't play nice with my in-progress playthrough, so I'll have to put it off till my next one :saddowns:

Really? Out of curiosity, what was it doing?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I want my character to wear cotton duck jeans and a grey hooded sweatshirt with body armor over the top, is there a mod that can accommodate this?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Really? Out of curiosity, what was it doing?

Crashing pretty frequently. I did a clean back up save, dropped in LPAM, BOSS'd, bashed, ran it, it'd start crashing every 5-20 minutes. Took it out, reverted back to back up, game stopped crashing :shrug: The armors were showing up, though.

I was using just the jsawyer version, which I think you just need one .esp right?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

Crashing pretty frequently. I did a clean back up save, dropped in LPAM, BOSS'd, bashed, ran it, it'd start crashing every 5-20 minutes. Took it out, reverted back to back up, game stopped crashing :shrug: The armors were showing up, though.

I was using just the jsawyer version, which I think you just need one .esp right?

Weird, I don't know what could have been causing that. Are you using the 4GB executable? My only thought is that LPAM was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, pushing the game a little too far without enough RAM, and was causing those CTDs.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Weird, I don't know what could have been causing that. Are you using the 4GB executable? My only thought is that LPAM was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back, pushing the game a little too far without enough RAM, and was causing those CTDs.

It's likely I hosed up installing it. I've got a clean save sitting around so I'll try it again and see what happens (because I'd really like to use it)

edit: I do have the 4GB patch. It was crashing so quickly it did not seem to be a running out of memory issue unless the scripting was seriously bugging out to make the game crash within minutes when usually it takes me several hours between crashes if that.

edit: It seems to be working fine now, maybe my previous download had something corrupted in it or a folder got put the wrong place.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 5, 2013

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I don't think any of these weather/sky mods have worked for me properly in NV. At the moment I'm using Nevada Skies and the skies during the day are really pretty so I don't want to disable it but at night time it seems to randomly transition between pitch black and vanilla brightness, sometimes two 'exterior' locations separated with a loading screen that I move between will cause it and sometimes just standing around outside it will suddenly change. I don't quite believe my own eyes but I swear at one point where it made this transition that my hunger/thirst jumped from nothing to 'severe' instantly.

Also I hate that I have to turn on "cheat mode" to disable the gameplay affecting parts of the mod. It's cheating to just use the aesthetic part of a mod that 99.999% of users only give a poo poo about because of aesthetics?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If day / night lighting is an issue for you, get an up-to-date ENB, shift+enter will bring up a menu of sliders that will let you custom tailor the intensity and range of light during the day / night and indoors. It's how I finally got something I was satisfied with.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

If day / night lighting is an issue for you, get an up-to-date ENB, shift+enter will bring up a menu of sliders that will let you custom tailor the intensity and range of light during the day / night and indoors. It's how I finally got something I was satisfied with.

I don't really want to open the settings and play with it several times each night and possibly every time I switch exterior cells.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Where are perk .dds files located? I mean the vanilla ones, the texture folder only has the ones that belong to mods and nothing else.

VVV Alright, thanks. :)

Azran fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 7, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Azran posted:

Where are perk .dds files located? I mean the vanilla ones, the texture folder only has the ones that belong to mods and nothing else.

Pretty much every vanilla resource is going to be packaged in the set of .bsa files in the "Data" folder, so you'll have to use a program like FOMM to extract the files from the relevant .bsa file. For PipBoy icons, they should be in one of the two texture.bsa files. Open FOMM > Tools > BSA Browser and then select the .bsa from the menu that pops up.

Vhaluus
Mar 2, 2013
Hi,

Getting a new install and character build ready at the moment. Just have a quick question.

Do the CCO VATS skills (e.g. Cinematic technique) apply to Project Nevadas bullet time? I'm going to assume not as I haven't read anything about it but I'd ask just in case.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
If you use the CCO Classic perk + PN compatibility patch then yes they do apply.

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~
I'm looking for a mod for New Vegas and Fallout 3. It was originally part of some pack that made the game harder. It was an .esm file that multiplied all damage by x3 which made combat a lot more deadly and a lot more fun. Can anyone find me a proper realistic damage mod? The ones I've seen so far aren't as deadly as the one I remember having.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Looks like I messed something up pretty bad with ENB. I get CTDs a couple minutes into loading a save, if it even loads. I've tried different ENBs, uninstalling, reinstalling, no luck. Even the default enb settings crash pretty quickly, so Im not sure if its a memory issue or not as those settings aren't that intensive. Without ENB the game seems to run fine like it was doing a couple of hours ago, though I've only tested it out in like 15-20 minutes spans, but that's longer than the pretty immediately crashing going on currently.

edit: I was under the impression you could switch out and tweak visual settings a lot more freely than actual mods. This is my first run through playing around with ENB with new vegas so I hope I didn't gently caress things up :saddowns: It was pretty while it lasted.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Oct 8, 2013

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I am a child, and making this made me giggle.

Edit: Seriously considering adding this to the graffiti on the Desert Ranger gear from Honest Hearts. :D

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

So having played through once with an energy weapons character taking perks all willy-nilly I worked out a fairly tight melee build, which I am playing now. Combat against melee enemies is engaging and fun, but combat against ranged enemies is mostly a chore because they tend to be rather spread out. Is there a mod that adds an ability that lets me charge at enemies? I know some weapons have a charge as a power attack, but it's really rather short-ranged.
Bolded for tl;dr.

vvv Thanks, guys. PN sprinting looks like just the thing, I'll give it a shot when I get home from work.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 8, 2013

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
Project Nevada's Sprint function has a charge/tackle feature built in--you can sprint into enemies and if you have a high enough STR you can knock them down. Its optional Extra Options plugin also adds a low-level perk allowing you to keep your weapon out while you sprint, so you can charge someone and start wailing on them when they go down.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

pun pundit posted:

So having played through once with an energy weapons character taking perks all willy-nilly I worked out a fairly tight melee build, which I am playing now. Combat against melee enemies is engaging and fun, but combat against ranged enemies is mostly a chore because they tend to be rather spread out. Is there a mod that adds an ability that lets me charge at enemies? I know some weapons have a charge as a power attack, but it's really rather short-ranged.
Bolded for tl;dr.
Project Nevada adds sprinting, and I think if you sprint into someone you knock them over (assuming you have sufficient strength or endurance or speed or weight or whatever it uses to decide that stuff). I'd get that. It also adds a grenade hotkey, which goes rather well with melee in my opinion. Can also be used for thrown melee weapons!

So yeah, get that. It's modular so you don't need to use any of its other features.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Agents are GO! posted:

I am a child, and making this made me giggle.

Edit: Seriously considering adding this to the graffiti on the Desert Ranger gear from Honest Hearts. :D

Put the design on the Platinum Chip :allears:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I just realized Feng Shui is no longer in the OP (and as a result, in my new build). I hope it didn't become terrible or anything, why was it removed?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

I just realized Feng Shui is no longer in the OP (and as a result, in my new build). I hope it didn't become terrible or anything, why was it removed?

I don't think it was ever in the OP, actually! :iiam:

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Is there a mod to make the reputation system act more like Skyrim's? I really hate how you can kill someone without any witnesses and you lose reputation. If no one saw you do it...

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

D34THROW posted:

Is there a mod to make the reputation system act more like Skyrim's? I really hate how you can kill someone without any witnesses and you lose reputation. If no one saw you do it...

You have to kill them from [Hidden] with a silent weapon to not lose reputation with that faction. You'll lose/gain karma no matter what. I'm not really sure why they went with these rules for faction reputation but probably it was because the other way around was too buggy.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Yeah, I usually silently slay all of the NCR nobodies at the Mojave Outpost to get money in the early game. If you're sneaky enough you won't lose a bit of reputation.

And karma is pointless so w/e.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

D34THROW posted:

I was rolling my eyes at Skyrim the other day because I punched a chicken and suddenly everybody from the guards to the blacksmiths to old ladies wandering the fields descended upon me from all across town, with swords out and bows drawn.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Chronojam posted:

I was rolling my eyes at Skyrim the other day because I punched a chicken and suddenly everybody from the guards to the blacksmiths to old ladies wandering the fields descended upon me from all across town, with swords out and bows drawn.

It's a legend of Zelda joke.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The best example of that is when I killed my own chicken and the whole town and my Housecarl went hostile.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Well that changes everything, I figured it was all livestock that would react that way and chalked it up to weird faction settings.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I swear I've had a chicken witnessing a crime. This was when the game came out though, so maybe they changed that. :tinfoil:

snooman
Aug 15, 2013

Seashell Salesman posted:

You have to kill them from [Hidden] with a silent weapon to not lose reputation with that faction. You'll lose/gain karma no matter what. I'm not really sure why they went with these rules for faction reputation but probably it was because the other way around was too buggy.

Are silenced weapons really a requirement or is it simply being outside of a noise radius? I think I've used a scoped varmint rifle (non-silenced) to take people out without suffering any reputation hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

snooman posted:

Are silenced weapons really a requirement or is it simply being outside of a noise radius? I think I've used a scoped varmint rifle (non-silenced) to take people out without suffering any reputation hit.

The Fallout wiki says as of some patch (doesn't say which year) that your weapon needs to be silent and you have to be [Hidden] regardless of anyone witnessing the kill. I haven't personally tested it though. Silent weapon doesn't necessarily mean silenced, all melee and HtH weapons are silent.