Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I think one of the problems, especially with the moving target is that the forward/backward lean works counter-intuitively. Diving down fast actually puts you further behind the target, while trying to stay in the air longer puts you in front of it. I was actually holding both bumpers and leaning back until the last bit where I gave up, dove, found myself generally near the truck and nailed it somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Green Puddin posted:

Well, it seems like some people just CAN'T read anything ever, for example DarkSydePhil.

Unfortunately, that's who was going through my mind the most when I posted.
I saw a clip of his GTA V playthrough on one of the early missions where Lamar says "Get a shotty with the flashlight!" and the screen says "Buy the pump-action shotgun with a flashlight modification". He spends 2/3's of the $1500 Lamar gave him on armour and then buys a tonne of pistol ammo and gets a mission failed and in his nasally voice exclaims "Whaaat!? How was I meant to know that!? I got a mission failed for shopping! Wow duuude".

I think I genuinely hate a bottom of the barrel internet "celebrity".

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Aurain posted:

Unfortunately, that's who was going through my mind the most when I posted.
I saw a clip of his GTA V playthrough on one of the early missions where Lamar says "Get a shotty with the flashlight!" and the screen says "Buy the pump-action shotgun with a flashlight modification". He spends 2/3's of the $1500 Lamar gave him on armour and then buys a tonne of pistol ammo and gets a mission failed and in his nasally voice exclaims "Whaaat!? How was I meant to know that!? I got a mission failed for shopping! Wow duuude".

I think I genuinely hate a bottom of the barrel internet "celebrity".

God, I can't watch anymore of the "This is how you DON'T play X" compilations. I seriously cannot loving play Metal Gear Solid without hearing his stupid laugh, his complaining, his racism, and "Kojima World Order" in my head while I try playing it. :argh: Good to know he still can't loving comprehend game mechanics and is 31 years old but cannot read.

Sorry for the derail, assume posting about the lack of CJ on Grove Street.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

If you haven't played online then you aren't playing GTA V. All the stuff that confounds you in single player that makes you wonder why is this so stupid is nearly non-existent in GTAO.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Green Puddin posted:

I am hoping for him to show up in the DLC somewhere. Either the Ballas won in the end, or CJ just pulled out of Grove Street and made for greener pastures in San Fiero.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Am in the middle of getting the spaceship parts. That one under the bridge already mentioned. :argh:

I'm sure it's not that hard, just tedious because I keep failing and then going back to the city to get another chopper. Are there any that spawn closer to it, maybe around Paleto Bay?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Am in the middle of getting the spaceship parts. That one under the bridge already mentioned. :argh:

I'm sure it's not that hard, just tedious because I keep failing and then going back to the city to get another chopper. Are there any that spawn closer to it, maybe around Paleto Bay?

Quicksave before you jump. Load if you miss, your sanity will thank you. I think the Parachute mission in Paleto is a helicopter one so if you have it unlocked, hold triangle to jack it.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Has anyone tried getting a refund for the PSN version? The quality of the game has made it seriously unplayable, and I'm not having fun with it anymore. I plan on getting the disc version if I get the refund. They say the refund request is going to take a week to be reviewed. :ohdear:.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 7, 2013

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Militree posted:

Has anyone tried getting a refund for the PSN version? The quality of the game has made it seriously unplayable, and I'm not having fun with it anymore. I plan on getting the disc version if I get the refund. They say it's going to take a week to be reviewed. :ohdear:.
It sure as hell isn't to me, I haven't had any of these problems other people have reported. Does what model of PS3 you have matter, or something?

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Samurai Sanders posted:

It sure as hell isn't to me, I haven't had any of these problems other people have reported. Does what model of PS3 you have matter, or something?

I don't know, but I bought the PS3 when Last of Us came out, it's one of those really slim ones.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Militree posted:

Has anyone tried getting a refund for the PSN version? The quality of the game has made it seriously unplayable, and I'm not having fun with it anymore. I plan on getting the disc version if I get the refund. They say it's going to take a week to be reviewed. :ohdear:.

I've gotten a refund on a PSN purchase before, say about a year ago; it was about $18 and the PSN store kinda hosed me in telling me there was an error on screen so I hit "purchase" again which funded my wallet again. Their email was to the extent of "Fine, we'll reimburse you this time out of our good will". So with that kind of attitude on digital refunds... Good luck.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've gotten a refund for a Steam game before (Ironically GTA4) because my PC met the specs listed on their pages and it still ran like poo poo (and I had a log of conversations with tech support that they gave up), they emphasized that this was a ONE TIME thing.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Can Michael and Franklin just not own helicopters at all?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

VagueRant posted:

Can Michael and Franklin just not own helicopters at all?

There's helipads you can buy for each of them near the Marina.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Green Puddin posted:

God, I can't watch anymore of the "This is how you DON'T play X" compilations. I seriously cannot loving play Metal Gear Solid without hearing his stupid laugh, his complaining, his racism, and "Kojima World Order" in my head while I try playing it. :argh: Good to know he still can't loving comprehend game mechanics and is 31 years old but cannot read.

poo poo, I used to work with a guy like this. He was kind of racist, had a dumb laugh and while we were pushing carts, I stopped at a bumper sticker, laughed and walked off. He was still standing there for about ten seconds and I asked him what he was doing. His answer was "I can't read, man."

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've gotten a refund for a Steam game before (Ironically GTA4) because my PC met the specs listed on their pages and it still ran like poo poo (and I had a log of conversations with tech support that they gave up), they emphasized that this was a ONE TIME thing.

Was this before Episodes from Liberty City? Because that made the game run MUCH smoother and become the defacto better version. It just took almost 2 years after release.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MrJacobs posted:

Was this before Episodes from Liberty City? Because that made the game run MUCH smoother and become the defacto better version. It just took almost 2 years after release.
It was over two years after release, yeah. Still ran like poo poo. It's neither here nor there now though, since I have a new much more powerful PC that I'm sure would run it fine, but I have no interest in going back to the greyness of 4 after this.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Finally beat flight school. Now it's time for stunt jumps, knife flights, and some other minor stuff to finish off 100%.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
This question might seem silly or even obvious, but the only R* games I've completed to the end are LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption. GTAIV didn't hold my attention (but my love for GTAV might mean giving IV another shot). My question might just be solved by having played the other GTA's, but whatever.

I doubt that this is a spoiler, but I'll use the tag to be safe.

I know that R* has said that it's unlikely to get future DLC that's as large in scale as their previous ones, but I'll be optimistic and hope that they change their mind on that. Given that this game has a choice of several endings that kill off a playable character, is it likely that we'll see DLC involving Michael, Trevor, and Franklin? Like I said, I'm not familiar with how R* might have handled this type of story element in the past.

Obviously prequels are fair game, but is R* the type to say "you had a choice, but this one is the canon ending, so here are more story missions with that in mind"?

I just want more missions with Franklin, Trevor, and Michael. :smith:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Smuckles posted:

This question might seem silly or even obvious, but the only R* games I've completed to the end are LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption. GTAIV didn't hold my attention (but my love for GTAV might mean giving IV another shot). My question might just be solved by having played the other GTA's, but whatever.

I doubt that this is a spoiler, but I'll use the tag to be safe.

I know that R* has said that it's unlikely to get future DLC that's as large in scale as their previous ones, but I'll be optimistic and hope that they change their mind on that. Given that this game has a choice of several endings that kill off a playable character, is it likely that we'll see DLC involving Michael, Trevor, and Franklin? Like I said, I'm not familiar with how R* might have handled this type of story element in the past.

Obviously prequels are fair game, but is R* the type to say "you had a choice, but this one is the canon ending, so here are more story missions with that in mind"?

I just want more missions with Franklin, Trevor, and Michael. :smith:

They've confirmed that there will be no DLC for singleplayer and their focus from this point on will be multiplayer content.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Crappy Jack posted:

They've confirmed that there will be no DLC for singleplayer and their focus from this point on will be multiplayer content.

What? Oh come on. I was so looking forward to singleplayer DLC. I would easily have paid double the price than that of multiplayer dlc.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
They could still have more of the main characters in DLC for Online, as NPCs that give quests and stuff.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Well, that's the worst news ever. I hope they change their mind on this. Of all their games, it seems that these characters have managed to resonate more than others. I hope they notice that.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

What? Oh come on. I was so looking forward to singleplayer DLC. I would easily have paid double the price than that of multiplayer dlc.
Double the price of $0? :psyduck:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
They noticed that single player DLC sells like rear end compared to multiplayer DLC and consumable DLC

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

They could also change their mind. Or just be lying.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say something similar for RDR and then Undead Nightmare came out anyway?

Actually, I'd love something similar to UN for GTAV. Not straight-up zombies, but something way out of left field that dramatically changes the tone and theme of the game. Maybe the protags get a call from Lester to hang out and end up playing a game of DnD (sorry, Loot n' Wank). Or the Republican Space Rangers have to fight off an alien menace.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anything bought from the internet is selectable with a drop-down menu in your special garage, hangar or helipad. Anything stolen isn't and you'll have to steal/customize another one.

Not true with cars, at all.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Aurain posted:

Quicksave before you jump. Load if you miss, your sanity will thank you. I think the Parachute mission in Paleto is a helicopter one so if you have it unlocked, hold triangle to jack it.

Hehe, thanks. I did this and finally got it. There's always one that's just so silly.

If anything in this installment has had Rockstar pointing and laughing at me, saying "Look what we made him do!" it's this (I've not done the - sigh - jumps yet).

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Most wouldn't. The episodes of liberty city sold poorly for their investment. People rarely are sold on "expansion packs" and think it's not worth it if it's not a "true sequel".

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Can't blame them either, they had probably one of the best DLCs ever. Full blown games that were a good length and all and felt more than just a cheap cash in DLC. And people said nope, so not surprise Rockstar basically said gently caress you then.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

RagnarokAngel posted:

Most wouldn't. The episodes of liberty city sold poorly for their investment. People rarely are sold on "expansion packs" and think it's not worth it if it's not a "true sequel".

That's a good point considering how expensive this game was. Now that R* seems into mo-cap instead of traditional animation, it would seem that these types of single player expansions would be expensive and difficult to see a nice profit on. Then again, I have no idea. Maybe mo-cap is cheaper for the animators (but perhaps more expensive for the actors)?

It's really tough, though. Trevor, Michael, and Franklin are definitely characters I'd like to see more of. It's a shame that Franklin's flight stat is so low and there's basically no reason to increase it once the missions are over since there's really nothing else.

I'd give anything for dynamically created content in singleplayer to keep the party going. Then again, "dynamic content" doesn't sell as well as "an online and persistent world"

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Want to check in with a few points whilst they are fresh in my mind, probably already came up.

Why on earth is there no "Restart from Checkpoint" or "Restart race option". I completely abandoned races for ages since I just couldn't go that long without a car deciding to spin or whatever.

What happens if you get a call as Michael from Tracey or Jimmy and choose not to help them. Presumably Jimmy is never taken to a quarry to not be heard from again regardless.

Why did I need to steal money for a twin-rotor helicopter when I stole one previously?

I think I would rather deal with escaping flipped cars then have the weird rolling mechanic that means I can always right myself.

I really like the little scenes when you switch characters, I just switched to Trevor and woke up on a mountain top in a dress.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

Why on earth is there no "Restart from Checkpoint" or "Restart race option". I completely abandoned races for ages since I just couldn't go that long without a car deciding to spin or whatever.

Hold Y.

BizarroAzrael posted:

What happens if you get a call as Michael from Tracey or Jimmy and choose not to help them. Presumably Jimmy is never taken to a quarry to not be heard from again regardless.

They call you back later with the same problem.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Why did I need to steal money for a twin-rotor helicopter when I stole one previously?

Because you can't very well pull off a low-key operation with your name painted on the side of your getaway vehicle.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Funkmaster General posted:

Because you can't very well pull off a low-key operation with your name painted on the side of your getaway vehicle.

Endgame: Unless you're Trevor on the final heist (obvious*). Then you're going to carry 100 million in Gold underneath your black helicopter with your name proudly emblazoned in red on its side.

*Obviously low-key and obvious aren't exactly compatible terms, but his part of the heist was the subtle half.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Why you rather deal with flipping cars. I like it because I"m not stranded in the middle of the desert with goddamn loving moutain lions ready to pounce me.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Slayer1597 posted:

when you did this mission did buddy bro Dom, crash and burn on the road behind you?

Because when I did this Dom got smoked by a semi, then he is just there in the cut scene like "sup bro?".

(I figured this would have been an appropriate end to Dom, so I was a little weirded out when he was there.)

That mission bugged out for me, I think.

Landed on a vehicle beside the truck, went to the cut scene with me magically on the truck, and Dom fell off the back or something like he tried to jump too soon. Then he still poo poo talked me like I lost. :argh:

e:
For games like LA Noire, is there any way to download the DLC on a computer and use an external hard drive to put it on your PS3?
I have a lovely rural internet connection and don't want to blow my bandwidth on DLC, but my workplace policy is extremely lax and I can download (legal) things with impunity.

unlimited shrimp fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 7, 2013

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

FallinInTheBlak posted:

The multiplayer DLC will probably be SP DLC, except you get to play it with your friends.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I just completed the job for "The Big Score" riding in a helicopter to check the place out. Now, I have no jobs available for any character and havent seen one for a while. Anyone know if this is normal?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Just The Facts posted:

I just completed the job for "The Big Score" riding in a helicopter to check the place out. Now, I have no jobs available for any character and havent seen one for a while. Anyone know if this is normal?

Go home as Franklin.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ak Gara posted:

I can't seem to find a Voltic. I've checked the Kortz Center many times. Does anyone know of an area where they spawn?

Whenever I spawn to Trevor and he wakes up in Lloyd's flat, there is nearly always one in the car park across the street. Silent but deadly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Funkmaster General posted:

But... paint?.

In reality, the real justification is because it's a video game and it's still a fun mission to do.

• Locked thread