Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

GruntyThrst posted:

Man annihilators start spawning at somewhere around the high 30s but they blow. I wish flying in this game wasn't completely hosed. It's way easier for a level 1 guy to just lockon pistol headshot you out that it is to get those chainguns aimed anywhere near him.

Random pistol shots and uzi bullets are deadlier than any other weapon shot at me while in a vehicle of land sea or air. Single headshot no matter my armour and pop, gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jdubbya
Jan 14, 2009
CoyLeader762 on xbox live if anybody wants to get a game together. Seems to be playing ok after the last patch.

Judas Priest
Jul 25, 2003
Breaking the law, breaking the law

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Not only is it a 4 door car, it is the best 4 door car. Lampadati Felon is 2nd best but the best one that isn't premium.

I had the best luck driving on the main road behind Micheal's house. I would drive between Mike's house and the theater(the one that costs 10mil to buy in SP) to the east. If you don't see it, reload your game to change the car spawning seed.

Awesome. I got spooked when I read the back 2 doors weren't functional.

Now I gotta decide between this and an apartment. drat.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

JAssassin posted:

I did the same thing when I got a jet. Strafing run on pubbies ended with me crashing into a tunnel underpass that I was way too small to fit into. Flying between the buildings was crazy fun. I've gotta steal one again.

I spend literally all my time harassing pubbies in the jets, I've become quite good at stealing the jets without getting any damage now.

I did have an awesome dogfight with another guy who was in a jet he had a bounty it ended with him crashing into a mountain side.

Duct is all fine and dandy but when do you start getting the missions that give you 20k a pop I want a pimp sports car!

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

VoLaTiLe posted:

Duct is all fine and dandy but when do you start getting the missions that give you 20k a pop I want a pimp sports car!

Get good at survival missions. Finishing them (all 10 waves) will net you ~20k and all weapons + ammo + heavy armor if you're good. (You keep the weapons, even ones you haven't unlocked yet in freeroam until you die)

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

blackguy32 posted:

Yeah, after you buy an apartment and get the vehicles you want, there really isn't much to spend money on.

So, we're less than a week in, and we've already gone from 'You'll have to pay real money to buy anything' to 'Check out all these grinding exploits that I hate doing' to 'I own everything after just three days. What can I spend money on?'.

It'll be interesting to see how things settle down once they've actually got all the content running, and start rolling out the mission editors.

Varsity
Jun 4, 2006

VoLaTiLe posted:

I spend literally all my time harassing pubbies in the jets, I've become quite good at stealing the jets without getting any damage now.

I did have an awesome dogfight with another guy who was in a jet he had a bounty it ended with him crashing into a mountain side.

Enjoy this, until you get too many 'Bad Sport' points. That's pretty much mostly what I did until I got an awesome string of pubbie kills, and I got kicked into the bad sport club.

Pretty lame, 2 real-time days that I can't play with friends or crew members, and stuck into the bad sport servers which have about 4 people playing on them.

I understand why they did it, but when mercilessly killing pubbies over and over until they leave is fine, but blowing up their car is a huge no-no, it doesn't make much sense.

Not a big deal right now when barely anybody has explosive weapons, but once most of the population have sticky bombs, I expect lots of these bad sport 'bans'.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So I just started this online thing. What are the JP points I get at the end for? Its obvous what the RP is, but JP isn't really explained. Unless I'm dumb and I missed it.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So I just started this online thing. What are the JP points I get at the end for? Its obvous what the RP is, but JP isn't really explained. Unless I'm dumb and I missed it.

They determine the winner of a playlist

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
My character disappeared 24 hours ago and hasn't resurfaced. No portrait any more on the social club website. I had an apartment, 10 car garage, and some really cool sunglasses. :(

Goodbye, gay cowboy. RIP.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
Anyone else keep getting "kicked by other players" for no apparent reason while free roaming? This is getting more annoying than timing out at this point.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Das Butterbrot posted:

Get good at survival missions. Finishing them (all 10 waves) will net you ~20k and all weapons + ammo + heavy armor if you're good. (You keep the weapons, even ones you haven't unlocked yet in freeroam until you die)

Even just getting to wave 7 snagged me a machine gun and about 9k in funds. I'm definitely going to keep doing those.

Doing the Industrial plant I tried going to the roof for the body armor. I'm pretty sure that's designed as a trap, because the cover is poo poo from all sides and the advantage of height means almost nothing when the NPC they throw at you have such excellent accuracy and high damage.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Dominic White posted:

So, we're less than a week in, and we've already gone from 'You'll have to pay real money to buy anything' to 'Check out all these grinding exploits that I hate doing' to 'I own everything after just three days. What can I spend money on?'.

It'll be interesting to see how things settle down once they've actually got all the content running, and start rolling out the mission editors.

I wonder how they are going to handle rewards with user made missions, they are obviously not going to let that to the user since everyone would make their mission the highest paying one.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

nudejedi posted:

Anyone else keep getting "kicked by other players" for no apparent reason while free roaming? This is getting more annoying than timing out at this point.

I am pretty sure this is just a generic disconnect issue.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
I thought once you deposited money into the bank it was "safe". I get that you lose money from dying, hospital bill I assume or something. But do you drop any of that on the ground?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Cekik whoever you are you are 100% my go to guy for shenanigans from now on.

e:

Jesus christ that jet finale. :stare:

ijyt fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 8, 2013

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

El Hefe posted:

I wonder how they are going to handle rewards with user made missions, they are obviously not going to let that to the user since everyone would make their mission the highest paying one.

I'm pretty sure that they mentioned somewhere that the most popular player-made missions would be vetted and officially brought in to replace less popular Rockstar-made ones (hence the like/dislike poll after each mission) over time. Presumably they'll be setting the payout at the time.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

Torabi posted:

I thought once you deposited money into the bank it was "safe". I get that you lose money from dying, hospital bill I assume or something. But do you drop any of that on the ground?

Rockstar has said that the game taking money from your bank when you die is a bug, you're only supposed to lose the money you have on hand.

:negative:

They apparently haven't fixed it yet.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I love the pictures you can get out of this game. These are ones from my apartment:

So much prettier without that lovely filter. Hopefully they remove it from the game too.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 7, 2013

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Das Butterbrot posted:

Survival is cool for the weapons and all (even though they only last as long as the ammo doesn't run out), but it's a really poor time/payout if you're looking for cash. We get $25,000 per Base Invaders and we got that poo poo down to like, a 2 minute science. Banking half a mil after a fairly short play session? Yes please.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

The mini-clone is the best car because it corners like it's on rails and accelerates like mad.

Tricking out an Issi and sticking a clown horn onto it is a great thing, until you use the horn and it becomes the best thing.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

Jon93 posted:

Rockstar has said that the game taking money from your bank when you die is a bug, you're only supposed to lose the money you have on hand.

Well, I went from $20k to $1800 because I kept loving with people and pissing them off. Was worth it though. :v:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Obsurveyor posted:

I love the pictures you can get out of this game. These are ones from my apartment:

So much prettier without that lovely filter. Hopefully they remove it from the game too.

Sup aerial photography buddy!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Jon93 posted:

Only on missions. In free roam you still lose money, which is intended.

Spaz Medicine
Feb 22, 2008

What's the criteria for kicking someone out of a freeroam game? Some jerk shot me out of my helicopter, so I exacted revenge on him and his friends, only to get kicked. Why would they even let you start fights with people if you just get booted for killing them?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Jon93 posted:

It's been said before that that was for in missions and deathmatch, hasn't it?

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

Spaz Medicine posted:

What's the criteria for kicking someone out of a freeroam game? Some jerk shot me out of my helicopter, so I exacted revenge on him and his friends, only to get kicked. Why would they even let you start fights with people if you just get booted for killing them?

The kicked message just seems to be a generic disconnect message that's popping up incorrectly.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Spaz Medicine posted:

The "You've been kicked from this session" message is the general disconnect message. There is no other. You probably just lost connection. To actually kick people, you have to go and vote to kick them and you need more than one vote to get them kicked(I don't know how many, probably majority). The votes seem to last forever though.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
I really hope my character comes back, but the portrait disappearing is pretty telling after 24 hours.

Any goons on 360 got a mission train going? I need to grind out some cash. Sawake on 360.

Maj._Victory
Sep 16, 2007

BUILD MORE CITY WALLS!
Ramrod XTreme
So after leveling up my new character a bit I decided to buy one of the expensive apartments. Specifically the top one in this building downtown:

Its got a pretty nice view of the vinewood sign and city hall.

Jon93 posted:

I'm pretty sure I've read that is how it is supposed to work in free roam, and the bug was that you still lost money in deathmatch and missions.

Edit: beaten to it.

Spaz Medicine
Feb 22, 2008

Stiggs posted:

The kicked message just seems to be a generic disconnect message that's popping up incorrectly.

Oh. That makes me feel a bit better. Still a bummer; that was a fun chase/gunfight.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Regarding apartments, which one seems like the safest one to exit from by front door or garage? Say a clever sniper feels like dropping you when you exit.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Play games with my GT: robocratic I like races and grinding lovely missions for money.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Had a odd bug after exiting the clothing store where the game spawned a second personal vehicle in the middle of the street. Also since I hit rank 8, I was able to redesign my character's look, which I am quite happy with how she looking now.

Had a lot of fun with fellow 1000 - 1008 goons just tormenting random pubbies with a helicopter for a few hours today.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Sorry I had to quit that violent ducts mission sgtwheelman but that poo poo gets old fast.

I hope people grinding this missions isn't what's causing Rockstar to delete characters.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Titanic failure stealing a titan with Cekik and ExZippo, tank to the face. :patriot:

e: $20k well spent.

Virginia Blend
Jan 5, 2010

El Hefe posted:

Sorry I had to quit that violent ducts mission sgtwheelman but that poo poo gets old fast.

I hope people grinding this missions isn't what's causing Rockstar to delete characters.

You're good bud. Had to go myself. Good times though!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Is "hosting" a game hosting in the sense of "all these people are relying on my lovely internet connection" or "The host gets to choose all the option"

Also, people need to get some drat headseats/mics. Its so hard to try and coordinate a group with goons when I have to use the lovely Xbox keyboard.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
If no one collects the bounty on you it will eventually go to you. You can be that guy and wait it out in a store.

Also I just can't find how to restart a mission on Xbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Off road point to point rally races on ps3 are loving dumb. No one has mics and theres no clear path to follow. The entire concept is pretty frustrating.

• Locked thread