Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

1st AD posted:

Ah, well that's a bit of a bummer. Maybe I should just keep a variable ND in my pocket and hope the camera doesn't try to compensate too much by pumping the ISO and using a really long shutter.

ProCamera has exposure control: http://blog.procamera-app.com/offical-procamera-tutorial-for-iphone-photo-basics/

I believe Camera+ has it as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrosephofArimathea
Jan 31, 2005

I've finally come to grips with the fact that the sky fucking fell.

1st AD posted:

Ah, well that's a bit of a bummer. Maybe I should just keep a variable ND in my pocket and hope the camera doesn't try to compensate too much by pumping the ISO and using a really long shutter.

I got one on the App of the Day thingy called 'Pro Cam' - as opposed to Pro Camera, which is almost as bad, but doesnt have exposure comp - and it lets you (awkwardly) shift up to +/- 2EV. You have to hit the little button to open the slider, then you can slide left/right. Take it with a grain of salt, though, because I just tested it and it barely changes. It's a pretty clunky app in general.

And since it's metering through the sensor, and therefore your ND, it's going to aim for the same exposure, so you are just going to see a hit to iso or shutter. Giving you the same result in the end. Except you will look like a massive tool holding a filter in front of your iphone.

BrosephofArimathea fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 8, 2013

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Yeah so Pro Cam is ugly as sin, but it does exactly what I want so I'll keep it around for those fussy shots that require a bit of manual intervention.

clayburn
Mar 6, 2007

Cammy Cam Juice
How do reminders work when using both a location and time reminder?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
So when did pretty much every YouTube downloader app disappear from the App Store or stop working? Setting up an iPad for a friend and can't seem to find this free one that another friend uses called ProTube.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I think Protube is a jailbreak only app. So, there you go. Not on the App Store.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Question Mark Mound posted:

So when did pretty much every YouTube downloader app disappear from the App Store or stop working? Setting up an iPad for a friend and can't seem to find this free one that another friend uses called ProTube.

As the other poster said. This never existed in App Store. I doubt that type of app would even be allowed in Play Store.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

clayburn posted:

How do reminders work when using both a location and time reminder?

You define the location first (Siri, this is my home/work), and then say "Siri, remind me to suck a butt when I leave home tomorrow at nine". Siri will remind you to suck a butt whenever you leave home, or by 9, whichever happens first. Is this what you meant?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

After the initial reminders Siri will also location based remind you until you complete the task. She has been on my rear end for days about spraying for bugs, but it has been raining so I've been holding off.

clayburn
Mar 6, 2007

Cammy Cam Juice

Don Tacorleone posted:

You define the location first (Siri, this is my home/work), and then say "Siri, remind me to suck a butt when I leave home tomorrow at nine". Siri will remind you to suck a butt whenever you leave home, or by 9, whichever happens first. Is this what you meant?

Yeah I was trying to figure how the location and time worked with each other. I was trying to figure out if I could set, say, "Take the trash out at 8 when I get home" and have it remind me at either 8 or when I arrive home after 8.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

benisntfunny posted:

As the other poster said. This never existed in App Store. I doubt that type of app would even be allowed in Play Store.
Weird, they're running iOS 7 which I didn't think was jailbroken and they definitely wouldn't be the kind of person who could find security holes in a new OS. The app seems to be running fine on their device.

It used to be easy enough to get YouTube downloaders on the App Store, used to use one a lot called Watch Later, but I guess Google's TOS for YouTube must have changed lately?

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Apps like this often sneak through, but get removed quickly. Keep an eye on popular youtube apps and hope something pops up.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I still have MCTube which does that. I think they changed it now though. Still works for me on IOS7 though with no jeailbreak or owt.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Try "ProtubeR", it's still there for me, although I downloaded it when it was available. It's pretty decent, plays youtube vids in the background too.

edit: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/protuber-best-player-for-youtube/id643857858?mt=8

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I'll give it a shot, thanks!

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Don Tacorleone posted:

Try "ProtubeR", it's still there for me, although I downloaded it when it was available. It's pretty decent, plays youtube vids in the background too.

edit: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/protuber-best-player-for-youtube/id643857858?mt=8

Thank you!

Invisble Manuel
Nov 4, 2009

Tubebox should be there - it came up in a search for me. I have it and just tested, it is still downloading.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

1st AD posted:

ProCam has "manual white balance compensation (3,500 - 9,500 Kelvin / candlelight - shade) - iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPhone 5 / iPod touch 5G only" and a bunch of other complicated options I never use.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/procam/id541557533?mt=8

edit: beaten, didn't see the new page

randyest fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 8, 2013

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
I really do not want to have to use an iTunes library, after coming from the relative luxury Android where I could just copy music folders across from my PC to the SD card and find them added to the player. After finding that VLC allows video files to be copied across to it painlessly, I can only hope that I can get this functionality in an iOS music player. :pray:

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

I really do not want to have to use an iTunes library, after coming from the relative luxury Android where I could just copy music folders across from my PC to the SD card and find them added to the player. After finding that VLC allows video files to be copied across to it painlessly, I can only hope that I can get this functionality in an iOS music player. :pray:

As long as you aren't using itunes match, you can just select music under the device in iTunes and drag music files to it. They get processed onto the device and it uses the metadata to sort them not directories so as long as they are tagged correctly you should be good.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Is there a reason Chrome seems to be incredibly laggy? I can't launch links or view history without it taking 10-20 seconds to do anything and there's nothing in the UI that tells you the app is loading or otherwise processing the request.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

1st AD posted:

What are some good camera apps? Something with a bit more manual control would be cool, but I don't know what's possible in iOS. In Android the stock camera app had the ability to do exposure adjustments of up to +/-3EV (really these were just shutter speed adjustments) and I kind of miss that.

I use 645 Pro MK II which was recommended here.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/645-pro-mk-ii/id518235205?mt=8

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Anyone have a copy of the <4.0 NYTimes app ipa or know where I can maybe get it? I accidentally deleted my copy and the app store download is iOS 7 only, which I can't use. Which is really lovely because I'm a paying subscriber.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

NOTinuyasha posted:

Anyone have a copy of the <4.0 NYTimes app ipa or know where I can maybe get it? I accidentally deleted my copy and the app store download is iOS 7 only, which I can't use. Which is really lovely because I'm a paying subscriber.

I thought the App Store let you download an old version now if the new one was unavailable?

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.

1st AD posted:

Is there a reason Chrome seems to be incredibly laggy? I can't launch links or view history without it taking 10-20 seconds to do anything and there's nothing in the UI that tells you the app is loading or otherwise processing the request.

I have been having the same problem, except it won't load pages at all, whereas safari works fine. I assume an update will fix it.

echobucket
Aug 19, 2004

101 posted:

I thought the App Store let you download an old version now if the new one was unavailable?

Yes, but the developer gets to control wether or not this is possible.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

101 posted:

I think Apple gives app developers the option to allow that.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

I can vouch for this too, it's a pretty spergy app but I've taken some great pictures with it. Like I can't believe it was taken on a phone great.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Has anyone else had issues with Downcast not multitasking well on a 5s, or iOS7 in general? I'm a delivery driver, so I turn podcasts on and off constantly when I get in and out of the car. I'm used to double-tapping the home button to hit play without unlocking the phone, but now the podcast rarely comes back up when I do that. Half the time I've opened the phone with touchID by the time I realize it's not working, then I have to open Downcast again, which may or may not have quit in the mean time. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing? I've allowed background refresh for it so I'm out of ideas.

I just got this 5s yesterday. I've not noticed it with any other apps.

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010
Use control center to start playback -- swipe up on the lock screen.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

DarkJC posted:

Use control center to start playback -- swipe up on the lock screen.

That doesn't work. I've had the problem too - the only way to start playback again is to open Downcast.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

runchild posted:

Has anyone else had issues with Downcast not multitasking well on a 5s, or iOS7 in general? I'm a delivery driver, so I turn podcasts on and off constantly when I get in and out of the car. I'm used to double-tapping the home button to hit play without unlocking the phone, but now the podcast rarely comes back up when I do that. Half the time I've opened the phone with touchID by the time I realize it's not working, then I have to open Downcast again, which may or may not have quit in the mean time. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing? I've allowed background refresh for it so I'm out of ideas.

I just got this 5s yesterday. I've not noticed it with any other apps.

Yes, yes on a 4S. I reported it as a bug to the developer but he only asked if it still happened with a reboot. Maybe if you bug him some more he'll look into it. It's extremely annoying.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Erwin posted:

That doesn't work. I've had the problem too - the only way to start playback again is to open Downcast.

Well it works sometimes. Other times downcast has quit, I assume to free up RAM, and needs to be restarted. Which seems to be happening more than it did on my 4, which I find weird.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

runchild posted:

Well it works sometimes. Other times downcast has quit, I assume to free up RAM, and needs to be restarted. Which seems to be happening more than it did on my 4, which I find weird.

The problem is it doesn't start back up again. Default behavior on ios6 was that at least the music app would play when you did that, but with Control Center, nothing comes up.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Don Tacorleone posted:

The problem is it doesn't start back up again.
In my experience, that means Downcast crashed.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

PFlats posted:

In my experience, that means Downcast crashed.

But even if it crashed, shouldn't it start back up with Apple's music app?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Definitely doesn't happen in Pocket Casts anecdotally.

libersyber
Jan 15, 2009
Does anybody know if it's possible to sync the reading list between ios devices and chrome/ff/ie on windows through icloud bookmark sync?

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
I have that problem with downcast as well. When I go in to the app it shows the splash screen and goes to my list of podcasts, not the episode I had paused.

It does seen to randomly start playing again though from the control center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Are there any fun, small games a la Letterpress? I just want something where I can make a move, set my phone down, and then pick it up later to make another etc etc.

• Locked thread