Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy

TOOT BOOT posted:

So I asked about a cat with bladder problems a few weeks ago, and last night it progressed to a full blockage and he had to have emergency surgery.

Unfortunately what I'm reading online isn't making me real hopeful he will stay unblocked. Is there anything we can do?

My cat had to have emergency surgery to get unblocked around two years ago and he thankfully hasn't had any issues since then. I feed him the canned prescription food for crystals and nothing else, not even treats. The food is expensive but it's cheaper then another unblocking. I also have the vet do a urine test around twice a year so that if he does have issues again hopefully we can catch it early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012

TOOT BOOT posted:

So I asked about a cat with bladder problems a few weeks ago, and last night it progressed to a full blockage and he had to have emergency surgery.

Unfortunately what I'm reading online isn't making me real hopeful he will stay unblocked. Is there anything we can do?

You can get a pet water fountain to hopefully encourage more drinking? I hope your cat is okay and back home soon.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
I'm not sure if I need to make a separate thread for this or not but I'm having a bit of an issue with my one year old cat, Nightstar.
Last month she began pooping and peeing on the couch in the den. I thought there might be a medical issue but she checked out healthy so I cleaned it with Nature's Miracle and waited. She then shat on my daughter while she was in the den watching TV. Like, she literally went into the den, got in my daughter's lap, squatted and shat. It was normal consistency and she didn't act like it was an accident at all. She always does this (except that one time on my daughter) during the night when nobody's around. She uses the boxes fine during the day, as far as I can tell.

We have three cats and a hedgehog, and none of the other animals are new and nothing has changed in the house recently. The hedgehog's enclosure is down in the den, so I'm wondering if she's messing down there as a territory thing, but I just don't know after she did that on my kid. My daughter is the one in charge of litter boxes, if that matters at all (but they are cleaned at least three times a day). I'm really worried about this because I have a one year old who might get into poo poo if I miss it one morning. Also I'm concerned because my husband is allergic and only allows for cats if we keep their fur and poop tidy so he doesn't get ill. She was my grandpa's cat until last Christmas and he loved her and he died in February so that's another HUGE reason I don't want to give her up, but I'm getting desperate.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
This weekend I forgot that it was St. Francis' Blessing of the Animals day, and I didn't take my cats to church. Now I'll have to deal with a whole year of their ungodly evils before I can get them blessed again. :(

Did anyone take their cats to church this weekend for fun to have them blessed?

quote:

Last month she began pooping and peeing on the couch in the den.

Is it just the couch? Does the couch have a scent the cat doesn't like?

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Noticed today, while she was sleeping, that my cat has a tiny white bump on the side of her butthole. I thought it was worms at first but it's actually sort of a lumpy whitehead. I dunno how long it's been there cos I don't look at her butt all that often... I held her down while poking it with a wet wipe and she freaked out, but I can't tell if that's because it hurts, or because she doesn't loving want me messing with her butt.

Googling this says it's probably a clogged anal gland, but I wanna check here. And I dunno how serious that is.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Corridor posted:

Googling this says it's probably a clogged anal gland, but I wanna check here. And I dunno how serious that is.

If it gets impacted, it could get infected. You should run by the vet to have it expressed, if indeed it is an anal gland issue.

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012

Corridor posted:

Noticed today, while she was sleeping, that my cat has a tiny white bump on the side of her butthole. I thought it was worms at first but it's actually sort of a lumpy whitehead. I dunno how long it's been there cos I don't look at her butt all that often... I held her down while poking it with a wet wipe and she freaked out, but I can't tell if that's because it hurts, or because she doesn't loving want me messing with her butt.

Anecdotal, but my cat had an impacted anal gland and it looked like his butthole and the surrounding area was red and irritated. You cat may also show discomfort by avoiding the litterbox and eliminating elsewhere. I would suggest calling your vet and describing the symptoms. If they suspect an impacted anal gland then haul that kitty in.

And if that IS the case, then please keep and eye on her for the next few days. My cat had his anal glands expressed but one still got infected and ruptured. He was in a huge amount of pain for days, but he was hiding the injury from us so we didn't know until he accidentally rolled over and revealed the damage. Ruptured anal glands are relatively rare in cats, but this just happened to me a few months ago so I'm hyper vigilant about it.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Serella posted:

If it gets impacted, it could get infected. You should run by the vet to have it expressed, if indeed it is an anal gland issue.

Yep, you do not want to try and clean that out yourself. The infected stuff smells nasty and I mean seriously, dear god tear open the windows and pass the bleach nasty. Kitty will also have a hissy fit when they start getting squeezed too. This is one of those things you want the vet and some poor slob of a vet nurse who didn't duck down fast enough to take care of for you.
Stand well back because I've seen that stuff spray quite a distance.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It's definitely one of the more vile smells I've encountered, and I've changed a colostomy bag before.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Ripley and Franz are getting along great! We recently celebrated Ripley's 3rd Bday and Franz's 3 months and over 1 month with Franz. It's great. Although I invested in an air purifier to clean up all the dander.

My big question is:
Clipping Franz's nails: I'm used to an older cat (I got Ripley at 6mo) and am not sure how to proceed. His nails are just too much, too sharp and too long. IDK if I'm supposed to just suck it up but Ripley and I have a great routine for clipping his front paws, and occasionally his back ones. I want to get Franz started early. Ideas?

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Boywhiz88 posted:

Ripley and Franz are getting along great! We recently celebrated Ripley's 3rd Bday and Franz's 3 months and over 1 month with Franz. It's great. Although I invested in an air purifier to clean up all the dander.

My big question is:
Clipping Franz's nails: I'm used to an older cat (I got Ripley at 6mo) and am not sure how to proceed. His nails are just too much, too sharp and too long. IDK if I'm supposed to just suck it up but Ripley and I have a great routine for clipping his front paws, and occasionally his back ones. I want to get Franz started early. Ideas?

I just hold mine on my lap like a baby, and clip as many claws in one sitting as I can, and then they get a treat. I didn't start clipping anyone until about a year ago, they were between ~5 and 9 years old.

my darling feet
May 9, 2007
are truly captivating
Brooklyn Cop has recovered quite well from her surgery. She's got tiny little shaved nipples we tease her about.

My mom came over for a visit from out of state, and she brought her three year old peanut butter cup cat. I kept BC secluded, until the day after when they chanced to meet (I didn't close my roommate's door fast enough). They got on very well! I think Katie even showed BC how to play with ball and toy, because now she's unabashedly chasing string on a stick. I've been food hovering over her during feedings, so she associates me and my voice with noms. She allows butt scratches, but no touching of the shoulders or the head.

She really loves milk. I know she's not supposed to have any, but she cries for it until it's given to her, ignoring food and wet food even. I read up on it, and as long as she doesn't present signs of being diarrhea'ed, the occasional bowl won't kill her.

What's very sad now is my friend also has a kitten. She's had it for about two months. She asked me what to expect when the cat came home from surgery, just being very excited about it. The cat never came home. She died being put under the anesthesia for her surgery. SHE"S crushed, I'm horrified, and it's just such a tragedy (but yeah, less tragic than a school shooting or a drowning; still sad). It's such a routine procedure and this kitten dies from it? I can't deal with that, especially when I want to post all these cute photos of my new cat but don't want to be a dick.

flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy

my darling feet posted:

She really loves milk. I know she's not supposed to have any, but she cries for it until it's given to her, ignoring food and wet food even. I read up on it, and as long as she doesn't present signs of being diarrhea'ed, the occasional bowl won't kill her.

They sell special cat milk in the pet aisle of grocery stores. I'm suggesting this primarily because kitten farts are one of the worst smells ever and I wouldn't want to exacerbate it with regular milk. It seemed like my cat had a way of timing the farts when she was close to us.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
My cat keeps bringing animals home. He doesn't kill them, he just catches them and drops them off and forces them to sit beside him. Last week it was a bird. Yesterday he brought home a squirrel. Today he brought a rabbit inside.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Ratzap posted:

Yep, you do not want to try and clean that out yourself. The infected stuff smells nasty and I mean seriously, dear god tear open the windows and pass the bleach nasty. Kitty will also have a hissy fit when they start getting squeezed too. This is one of those things you want the vet and some poor slob of a vet nurse who didn't duck down fast enough to take care of for you.
Stand well back because I've seen that stuff spray quite a distance.

Oh dear god.

It's not red or irritated in any way. She seems fine, if I hadn't seen the spot I would never have known...

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

LLJKSiLk posted:

My cat keeps bringing animals home. He doesn't kill them, he just catches them and drops them off and forces them to sit beside him. Last week it was a bird. Yesterday he brought home a squirrel. Today he brought a rabbit inside.

Your pet wants pets.

Pendergast
Nov 11, 2012
I'm scared for my cat.

I just woke up about tweenty minutes ago from my cat making this horrible sound. A very distressed and loud meow, like she was in pain. She was in our back bedroom, which is full of stuff and she kept making the same horrible sound. Or other cat was nowhere near her at the time. I have never heard her make this noise before and she is over 12 years old. She was near a window so I don't know if she could have seen something, but she's never acted that way toward any animal, even other cats.

We have her in the carrier now waiting for the vet to open. I'm scared to much to touch her. Currently she 's just crying loudly as she does when in a carier. I don't see anything wring with her from just looking and she has acted fine till before this. Eating normally/drinkingnormally. She's been sleeping/laying a lot but she'd been doing that for months now and has never been real active.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
It could just be that she was confused and lonely, cats can start getting a bit demented at her age.

I'd take her to the vet just for your peace of mind, because you're obviously really upset. I get that, I freak out whenever something happens because, like, that's my baby. It's likely that she's fine, though, so try not to freak out too much this morning. :hug:

Pendergast
Nov 11, 2012
I took her out of the carier and she has quit crying. I picked her up and held her and she seemed ok. She has even eaten a few pieces of food. Currently she is on my bed bathing and acting normally.

Could it have been a fight? Our other cat Emma likes to play and she doesn't. She's made a similar sound before when Emma has jumped on her but it only lasts about two or three seconds. She is pretty vocal about when she is pissed. (Growling/etc) I just haven't ever heard her be THAT vocal before.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
She sounds like she's ok. What you can do is check her gums to see if they're pink or not, because that's usually a really good indication of whether they've been hurt. If her gums are pink, she's fine. If they're white, she could have had a scuffle with Emma or fallen off something in the bedroom, and if the colour doesn't come back within a few hours and she's not perky then something could have happened. Because she's eating, being held and grooming, I think she's fine and just threw a tantrum.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

This is Stella. I recently adopted her and she has been with me for just over a week.

She seems to be settling in well enough. For the first few days she would hang out under the couch and come out fairly often (more often than I'd have expected her to) for pets and to explore the apartment bit by bit. Now she still uses that space as a base of operations but spends most of her time out in the open. She has been completely zonked out on the floor on her back more than once, which I think is a pretty good sign. She's affectionate on her terms, which I'd also expect, since she's a cat. So everything seems fine, but... sometimes she just kind of goes into this mode where she just stares at me, and if I try to approach her or pet her she tears rear end into another area of the apartment. Her ears are never back and her tail goes up sometimes during this, but I can't tell if she's trying to play or what. I try to play with her when she gets like this but she doesn't seem fully engaged.

I know that cats can sometimes just be insane for no reason, but I just want to be sure I'm not somehow inadvertently stressing her out. I've always understood cats staring to mean they don't trust you, so when she gets like that I worry that she's afraid of me, even if it's just temporarily. I'm not doing anything differently, I don't think. She has also sat in my lap and fallen asleep a couple of times, so I don't even know. I try to give her treats but she doesn't really seem to go for it. Is it possible for a cat to be play motivated? I know that's a thing with dogs.

I just want my new kitty to like me. :ohdear:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
The fact that she's come out from under the lounge while you're around and will take affection when she wants it leads me to think she's playing. When Teddy was younger she used to do it too, and because I was a kid I would chase her, and then she'd chase me right back sometimes. :3:

Staring you down is more of a dominant behaviour than letting you know she doesn't trust you. She certainly wouldn't go lolling around with her gut exposed if she wasn't comfortable. If she didn't like you she just wouldn't go near you or let you touch her, I really think she's just playing and trying to tell you that she's in charge. Also, she is absolutely beautiful!

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Oct 8, 2013

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Pendergast posted:

I just woke up about tweenty minutes ago from my cat making this horrible sound. A very distressed and loud meow, like she was in pain. She was in our back bedroom, which is full of stuff and she kept making the same horrible sound. Or other cat was nowhere near her at the time. I have never heard her make this noise before and she is over 12 years old. She was near a window so I don't know if she could have seen something, but she's never acted that way toward any animal, even other cats.

I think this is just a thing that happens with some cats when they get older. I've had two older cats and sometimes they've both woken up crying and distressed when they can't immediately see a person. They calm down quickly if you go say hello and pet them a bit and reassure them. I always thought they'd had a nightmare or something, but it definitely has to do with being old and confused rather than in pain, at least in their case. Generally cats who are actually in pain tend to hide it and try to act as normal as possible rather than crying. That said, nothing wrong with taking the cat to a vet to be sure the first time but just don't be surprised if it keeps happening and there's nothing wrong.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

LLJKSiLk posted:

My two do the same but there the comparison ends. They drag large live rabbits through 2 catflaps (the outer one is an RFID tag reader) then let them go downstairs for some 'fun'. Sometimes the rabbits scream and I can get down there, mostly I come down to dismembered bunny parts strewn around the lounge. I know what they do as I've had Oliver march nonchalantly past me and plonk a rabbit on the floor. Buffy sits opposite him and they just wait for it to attempt to move...

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Pendergast posted:

I'm scared for my cat.

We have her in the carrier now waiting for the vet to open. I'm scared to much to touch her. Currently she 's just crying loudly as she does when in a carier. I don't see anything wring with her from just looking and she has acted fine till before this. Eating normally/drinkingnormally. She's been sleeping/laying a lot but she'd been doing that for months now and has never been real active.

My cat occasionally makes a horrible noise at a thing outside, usually another cat because gently caress THAT GUY FOR BEING IN MY YARD. :catstare:

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

My cat has a scab that has formed out of no where on her head next to her ear. It's red and raised.
She also has a weird lump on her back, like a skin tag.
I have already made the vet appointment for today when I get home from work.

Her behaviour hasn't changed, she is still eating and drinking lots.

Is it anything I should seriously be worried about?

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

HelloSailorSign posted:

If they didn't explain the geriatric profile, it's basically a whole slew of bloodwork. The normal "geriatric profile" contains: CBC (complete blood count, looks at red cells and immune cells and sees how many and how they look), Chemistry (checks liver enzymes, kidney levels, protein levels, electrolyte levels), urine analysis (bacteria? Inflammation? Crystals?), and thyroid check. It's all valuable stuff for an older kitty.

Cats can get cystitis, aka bladder inflammation, for a number of reasons. In some cats, their stress response causes the inflammation - new cat outside? I'll show you how unhappy I am by pissing blood! In others, they can form bladder stones, others can have a bladder infection, and then there's always weird things that can go on as well.

Burprenorphine helps by making the bladder not be painful. If the bladder is painful, cat is stressed, and may make their stress-bladder worse!

Phenoxybenzamine works to keep the tube going from bladder to outside (urethra) open so less likely to get blocked.

Any questions on this stuff, don't hesitate to ask!

So my cat's been fine the past couple days. He's been peeing in his litter box and doesn't seem to strain anymore.

My vet recommended he only eat wet food. I don't recall how long he should be strictly on wet food but I'll have to give my vet a call.

Before this urine problem happened, he would usually devour all the wet food AND the dry food I gave him. Now that I give him the wet food, he eats maybe half of it then leaves it. Yesterday, he ate maybe one full can when he's supposed to eat 2-3, according to the can's instructions. I tried putting water in it, heating it up, etc. but no avail. He'll drink the water out of the can but leave the food out.

If I give him dry food, he'll eat it for sure and he's always begging to get some dry food. I'm worried since he hasn't eaten much but at the same time, he's only supposed to eat dry food. Maybe give him dry food with a lot of water in it?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Geno posted:

So my cat's been fine the past couple days. He's been peeing in his litter box and doesn't seem to strain anymore.

My vet recommended he only eat wet food. I don't recall how long he should be strictly on wet food but I'll have to give my vet a call.

Before this urine problem happened, he would usually devour all the wet food AND the dry food I gave him. Now that I give him the wet food, he eats maybe half of it then leaves it. Yesterday, he ate maybe one full can when he's supposed to eat 2-3, according to the can's instructions. I tried putting water in it, heating it up, etc. but no avail. He'll drink the water out of the can but leave the food out.

If I give him dry food, he'll eat it for sure and he's always begging to get some dry food. I'm worried since he hasn't eaten much but at the same time, he's only supposed to eat dry food. Maybe give him dry food with a lot of water in it?

Excellent to hear urinary problems are better.

Was he a good weight on the wet/dry combo?

Most pet foods "overdose" pets on calories based on feeding instructions. I only use those as a starting point, and tailor to weight changes/stability in terms of how much to feed.

For cats that have urinary issues like his, the recommendation is to make the switch fully to wet food for good. In terms of adding water to dry, you can do that, but it's not as water filled as wet food is - you need to add 4x the amount of water to dry foods to get them near wet. However, you can also do a 50/50 dry/water split if he really just doesn't want to be a wet food junkie completely, but I would try to find a wet food he adores.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Geno posted:

Don't feed your cat 2-3 cans a day. One can sounds fine. My cat eats 2/3 of a can a day (in two separate meals) along with less than 1/4 cup of kibble a day. Check the nutrition thread for more info.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hummingbirds posted:

Don't feed your cat 2-3 cans a day. One can sounds fine. My cat eats 2/3 of a can a day (in two separate meals) along with less than 1/4 cup of kibble a day. Check the nutrition thread for more info.

Some cans are different sizes than others, depending on the brand, don't forget.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

TRISHY posted:

My cat has a scab that has formed out of no where on her head next to her ear. It's red and raised.
She also has a weird lump on her back, like a skin tag.
I have already made the vet appointment for today when I get home from work.

Her behaviour hasn't changed, she is still eating and drinking lots.

Is it anything I should seriously be worried about?

She had an ear infection and scratched herself too much!
The vet said the skin tags are nothing to be worried about, but to go back if they start growing.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
That's what I was going to say I thought was the problem.

Did the vet show you how to do the ear drops properly? It's a huge pain in the arse, especially when their ears are really itchy. Make sure you get two or three drops into the cavity, and if you don't hear a squelching noise when you massage it down into the ear then you've missed the cavity or haven't used enough drops.

God speed, giving cats ear drops is worse than pilling them IMO.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Araenna posted:

Some cans are different sizes than others, depending on the brand, don't forget.

You're right, I'm referring to the 5.5 ounce can, since it seems to be the most common. 2-3 three ounce cans would still be more than one 5.5 ounce can. My point is that most cats will balloon in weight if fed following can/bag guidelines, if they're the type to eat everything that's put in front of them.

E: Geno, when you call your vet you might want to just ask how much you should be feeding him.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Is there any way to teach a super docile cat the art of self-preservation? My family's cat just kind of freezes when my mom's nearly year-old husky decides she wants to sit on her/put her in her mouth. She did the same thing with our older husky, but she's a lot more gentle and they were kind of best bros when they were young. Meanwhile, the puppy completely leaves the neighborhood cats alone, presumably because they, you know, actually pop her one if she gets too rough. The cat won't even stay up high to avoid her.

She is built like a linebacker and is a great mouser (or was; she hasn't been allowed outside in a while). Why won't she defend herself?

DressCodeBlue fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 9, 2013

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Maybe I'm being a cat snob but I think it's not the cat's fault that she has to deal with this rough dog. The dog needs to be trained not to manhandle her.

Or perhaps she isn't beating on the dog because she's not all that bothered by being sat on or mouthed. Some cats are weird.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
They're trying to train the dog not to be a jerk and, like I said, she leaves all other cats/small pets alone. I'm just not sure what else they can do besides separating them and scolding the pooch. Like a lot of huskies, she's really hard-headed and it would help a lot if she received the consistent negative reinforcement of claws to the face.

Yeah, she obviously can't be too bothered by it; she doesn't even hiss. Before she got too big, she'd let our older husky carry her around by the scruff like a momma cat. I'm just worried for her. :ohdear:

Wheeler W Wetherby
Sep 30, 2004

• Has an O-level in camel-hygiene
  • Can count up to 4
I rescued a kitten from the street a week ago and it just passed away from FPV. What should I do with the remains and his other stuff? I don't want to spread the disease if I can help it. I'm in Shanghai and I'm quite broke, but I'm planning to buy some bleach tomorrow to clean the apartment and my clothes with a 1/20 solution.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

HelloSailorSign posted:

Excellent to hear urinary problems are better.

Was he a good weight on the wet/dry combo?

Most pet foods "overdose" pets on calories based on feeding instructions. I only use those as a starting point, and tailor to weight changes/stability in terms of how much to feed.

For cats that have urinary issues like his, the recommendation is to make the switch fully to wet food for good. In terms of adding water to dry, you can do that, but it's not as water filled as wet food is - you need to add 4x the amount of water to dry foods to get them near wet. However, you can also do a 50/50 dry/water split if he really just doesn't want to be a wet food junkie completely, but I would try to find a wet food he adores.

Talked to my vet, she suggested I not feed my cat Purina dry food at all (even with water). She suggested me getting some prescription dry food which is like $18 for 4 pounds. I'll try this for now..maybe find a cheaper dry food online later?

Hummingbirds posted:

My cat is a fatty around 15 pounds so he needs a lot of them cans.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

Fruity Gordo posted:

That's what I was going to say I thought was the problem.

Did the vet show you how to do the ear drops properly? It's a huge pain in the arse, especially when their ears are really itchy. Make sure you get two or three drops into the cavity, and if you don't hear a squelching noise when you massage it down into the ear then you've missed the cavity or haven't used enough drops.

God speed, giving cats ear drops is worse than pilling them IMO.

Yeah the vet showed me how to do it.

My cat isn't too happy with the ear drops. I have to do it three times a day.
Thankfully she gets fed in the morning and night, so I can do it right before she gets fed and she isn't toooo upset with me.
I don't like the filthy looks she gives me afterwards...

It's for your own good!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Is it normal for cats to sleep a whole hell of a lot more after getting vaccinated? Kiska got 3 year vaccines for rabies, feline leukemia, chlamydia and I think one other thing about 24 hours ago and she has just about slept that whole time without her usual spurts of "I'M A CAT I'M A CAT I'M A CAT WHEEE GONNA RUN AROUND" like she usually has. There doesn't seem to be any other reaction, just some hardcore sleeps. My google searches turn up the usual mix of "yes it's normal" and "NO OH GOD GO TO THE VET NOW" so I figured I'd see if anyone else's cat reacts like this here.