Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arikado
May 9, 2008

God dammit, I never got a chance to grind Ducts and now it's nerfed. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Arikado posted:

God dammit, I never got a chance to grind Ducts and now it's nerfed. :saddowns:

How nerfed are we talking?

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.
Congrats to El Jebus for basically singlehandedly winning a round of base invaders after his comrades (esp. me) got killed early on.

I don't think base invaders is an easy mission (don't think I've ever done it without dying once,) but the rewards are enormous.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Odette posted:

How nerfed are we talking?

Payout is $3k now.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Lotish posted:

I haven't played many death match modes, I'll admit, but the few I have with auto-aim on have actually been pretty intense. Having auto-aim only puts your cursor in the right direction--you still have to track or adjust to land a solid shot on a moving target. It's made the matches I've been in scary if only because you know if you get seen and can't juke to break their lock you're dead. The fact is that you can if you're paying attention.

Not to mention it turns most matches into this nasty game of cat-and-mouse with players weaving in and out of whatever cover they can find, getting gradually more desperate and brazen as the timer runs out. It works a lot better than I expected.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 9, 2013

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Goons turning on goons.

Had a laugh with a couple of guys from Third Street Goons tonight.

Basically me and TrashSenior ran into a group of guys and started a shoot out. While in cover I inadvertently pistol wiped TrashSenior and killed him.

One of the other guys that I killed put a 7k bounty on me. And TrashSenior killed me and took it.

I couldn't decide wether that was poo poo or wether it was payback for me killing him by mistake.

Later, we team up again and bump into Cake or death (I think that was his name). We total a car and are in the middle of a field together. TrashSenior straight out punches me cause I flipped the bird at him. So I shoot him dead.

Cake Or Death, obviously thinking I've turned on our goon crew pistol whips me, so I pistol whip him back and it turns into a flat out hilarious pistol whip to the death contest (which I won :) ). I was in tears of laughter at the situation.

We were men and put our differences aside. And continued on.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

prussian advisor posted:

Congrats to El Jebus for basically singlehandedly winning a round of base invaders after his comrades (esp. me) got killed early on.

I don't think base invaders is an easy mission (don't think I've ever done it without dying once,) but the rewards are enormous.

Don't think I've seen this one yet. When does it unlock?

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Me and a friend just tried to do a job for lester where apparently you have to go to the top of a construction site and retrieve a briefcase. I went into the job driving a helicopter but it wasn't there when we started. I know where all the helicopter spawns are but not a single aircraft was spawning. I'm level 26 and he's lower so couldn't call merriweather for a ride. The ramp to the top of the construction site is blocked by a fence you can't get by. I tried climbing a crane next to the site but that didn't work either. Is this a bug or is there some trick to getting a helicopter in these jobs?

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
Just played Top Fun with some goons on PS3 (didunoelgaming)

glad to see GTAO is stable somewhat. we all just got kicked out trying to do Escape from LS :(

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Also I read online about somehow playing GTAO in a solo session. How do I do this?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Just had my first all too brief real online shenanigans with a goon. Thanks for the good times Cactrot, I'll be on again soon when the girlfriend isn't home. How she wasn't finding those antics amusing is beyond me.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Blast Fantasto posted:

Also I read online about somehow playing GTAO in a solo session. How do I do this?

If you start from single player go to online and then solo session should be the last option.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Swimming all the way out in the ocean at night without scuba gear and seeing, getting chased by, and then eaten by a shark was goddamn terrifying.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

hiddenriverninja posted:

Swimming all the way out in the ocean at night without scuba gear and seeing, getting chased by, and then eaten by a shark was goddamn terrifying.

Awwww gently caress there's sharks? Not ever going swimming now.

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
Could I get an invite to some base invaders on psn? Brotein_Shake410

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Thanks Coldforge and the rest of the AWCO dudes for farming some mixed up with coke, Sorry I was so low level, at least I am a good driver :c00l:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Snackpack Backpack posted:

If you start from single player go to online and then solo session should be the last option.

My last option there is "Play GTA Online". Nothing about solo session.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Play GTA Online actually opens a submenu that lets you pick a variety of game options.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Blast Fantasto posted:

You have to select that option first and then choose how you want to connect to GTA Online, solo session is one of the options.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

Choose play GTA online, and it will give you some options, including solo session.

edit: beaten by 2 already.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

noELrunes posted:

Just played Top Fun with some goons on PS3 (didunoelgaming)

glad to see GTAO is stable somewhat. we all just got kicked out trying to do Escape from LS :(

Hey that was me! :downs: (UltimateZAR)

Yeah, Survival, Top Fun, and that one game where ThreeBomb destroyed the objective in about 1 minute with sticky bombs were really fun. Wished I could have done Escape from LS, but I've got stuff to do, hope some of you enjoyed my parting gift though!

I shot 2 of you in the face, not sure which 2 you were though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

If anyone cares, :siren:Max ammo is based entirely off your shooting stat level and not your character level:siren:. Went from 3000 max ammo to 5000 after doing a few survival matches. Got 20+ shooting stat without leveling once.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If anyone cares, :siren:Max ammo is based entirely off your shooting stat level and not your character level:siren:. Went from 3000 max ammo to 5000 after doing 2 survival matches. Got 20+ shooting stat without leveling once.

Side note, bring as much ammo as possible into those survival matches. It's pretty easy to run out if you're lower level.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Lotish posted:

Don't think I've seen this one yet. When does it unlock?

25 or 30 or something. You'll know it when you take a plane to the military base.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

Congrats on your achievement :yotj:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

santanotreal posted:

Choose play GTA online, and it will give you some options, including solo session.

edit: beaten by 2 already.

Thanks everyone, got it now. Just wanted to knock over some stores and level up a but without random pubbies killing me.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

My character has been gone for about 24 hours now. Should I say gently caress it and make a new one?

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Been doing races with goon Ronster26 it was awesome to not have them turn into stock car (even if I made him lose a race accidentally). A++ hope to race again

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
On my first, lost female character I definitely remember seeing more options for hats, including beanies, a cowboy hat, and a lot more caps. I started a new one yesterday and the selection is now far more limited, where did they go?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ForbiddenWonder posted:

My character has been gone for about 24 hours now. Should I say gently caress it and make a new one?

If you can get some buddies to power-level you, yeah. You can literally jump 20 levels in an evening doing Mixed with Coke runs.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Party Plane Jones posted:

Side note, bring as much ammo as possible into those survival matches. It's pretty easy to run out if you're lower level.
I'm not a very high level and I ran out a couple times, but there are ammo drops all around the map, and in between levels it gives you a chance to prepare (restock ammo) before the next round.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
Base Invaders has quickly become a good to grind for cash. I got 400k doing it solo on easy in about an hour, with 3 or 4 people it'd be cake. $25k per run, 1k RP, forget Violent Duct.

Also, when or if you ever hit level 75, a mission called Rooftop Rumble becomes available. 25k for maybe 30 seconds work.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Anyone want to trade race wins on 360? We can actually race up until the end and then trade wins so it remains entertaining. I'm 40 and I want to grind my way up to 45 + unlock poo poo for my car and trading racing wins is apparently fast as hell.

gt gimea RubDOWN

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

If you can get some buddies to power-level you, yeah. You can literally jump 20 levels in an evening doing Mixed with Coke runs.

I'm in Stairs Inc, but haven't actually played with anyone in it yet. This better not happen again :(

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

So the special edition code for super special weapons and poo poo does not apply to Online right? The only reason I ask is I really loving want to have myself a .50 Pistol online, gently caress, I would buy a code for it- I am that loving sappy.

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...
I and three other AWCO goons are doing VD right now for 9k a pop on ps3... literally, right this instant. 9k Cash, 1k RP

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
So I just did a thing.

Time to milk pubbie tears :getin:

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

RageBeef posted:

So I just did a thing.

Time to milk pubbie tears :getin:

Did you have to use the cargobob? That's the only way I've reliably gotten a tank out of the base.

e: I'm hoping I can take it back to my house and garage it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Reeoorb posted:

I and three other AWCO goons are doing VD right now for 9k a pop on ps3... literally, right this instant. 9k Cash, 1k RP

Well keep doing it. Because once you leave, it will probably go to 3k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Myself and 3 others tried the hidden replay thing on 360 just now after VD and it didn't seem to work. At least three of us were mashing RT during and after the like/dislike screen.

Someguy posted:

Because I was playing offline just loving around with random players and some dude from my friends list joined on a mission I was in. I suppose he just joined on his own I guess. Just trying to figure out how the systems work I suppose.

If you're talking about me, I got an invite on the phone from your gamertag.

• Locked thread