Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metztli
Mar 19, 2006
Which lead to the obvious photoshop, making me suspect that their ad agencies or creative types must be aware of what goes on at SA

Huragok posted:

Any flexibility on the on-site part?

Unfortunately no - it sure would make things a lot easier!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck them
Jan 21, 2011

and their bullshit
:yotj:
My experience: Full stack .NET web dev. I've been at it for about a year, and I like it. I've also done a crapton of Java in school, including a working assembler, and low level C personal projects to actually 'get' data structures.

What I'm looking for: A direct hire .NET or Java development job in Jacksonville, FL.

What I'm NOT looking for: Front end only or contract jobs.

Where I live: Jacksonville, Florida

Where I'm looking: Jacksonville, Florida.

When I can start: Standard two week notice

Can be reached at: PM or 2banks1swap@gmail.com

Fuck them fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 20, 2013

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
One of our wireless engineers took a full-time position at the company we are contracted to so we are looking to hire another contractor in a wireless engineer position

Where are we: Long Island, NY
Who we are: Our contract is with a large ISP in the NY area, but you will need to be living on long island to commute easily
What we are looking for: Someone familiar with enterprise networks and wireless infrastructure - preferably with a few years of experience or CCNP and has worked on Cisco WLC's. You will be working on a wireless rail project where we are installing and supporting the backend of a 100k+ AP deployment along the railway. The contract is set to run out past 2016 so this is a long term contracting position. The main company also frequently hires the contractors if they are good enough. You are paid hourly, no PTO and limited medical, but from what I've heard all of us are pulling 6 figures so the money is good for the area (usually 6 figures here requires a NYC commute)

Job posting: PM me if you;re interested and I'll send you my e-mail to send your resume.

What we don't want: No newbies, we need people with experience unfortunately - this is probably one of the most complex networks in the world and is utilizing carrier equipment like ASR9k's, ASR 1k's, and NX-OS so we need someone with familiarity.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

My experience: Working on a BS in Computer Science, in process of getting basic certifications. Best with C++, Java, and Windows. Some experience with C and Linux. I'm conversational in German and have wired buildings before, if either of those is a plus.
What I'm looking for: Entry level IT or programming work. I'll do helpdesk, I'll run wires, I'll carry heavy crap, I'm not picky.
What I'm NOT looking for: Sales. Not a snobby thing, I'm just terrible at it.
Where I live: Fort Collins, CO
Where I'm looking: Mostly Colorado and the PNW, willing to consider moving almost anywhere. I can finish school online if I need to.
When I can start: Immediately for local, otherwise it depends on the location.
Requirements: Full time if not local
Can be reached via: EargesplittenSA@yahoo.com

Pantology
Jan 16, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Looking for a someone with VMware, Cisco UCS, and EMC experience. Preferably at least two of the three.

Where are we: Chicago, IL
Who we are: A leading Cisco / EMC / VMware partner
What we are looking for: Need someone that knows their way around these vendors' products to join our group as a delivery engineer, traveling the midwest shucking arrays and server enclosures. Probably 25-50% travel, lax attendance policy, outstanding training opportunities. Certs are great, but we can get you those. Don't be a dick, know how to Google.

PM me for more details.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003
We have two positions open at a DC area (moco) MSP. I'll keep the descriptions short as we are somewhat flexible on most of it, feel free to PM me for more info.

Tier I - This is an entry level windows admin, helpdesk, desktop admin, virus removal etc sort of position. We are open to people with zero IT work experience, if you have some kind of demonstrable interest in IT and the right personality. We've had great success taking people like this and rapidly turning them into great consultants. Candidate would need to be local.

Tier II - The perfect fit here would be someone who already works for an IT consulting firm in a similar role, and is a solid admin who can also perform migrations (file/application/email) perhaps with some guidance etc. I'd say 3-4 years of experience at a minimum. Windows Server, IIS, Exchange, Cisco and Sonicwall experience would be nice. MSP folks always seem to be terrible at anything on the network side so a solid background there would be great. As with the Tier I personality is a big deal, this is a client facing role. Our clients are all extremely nice though. We are open to relocation here. 60-70k plus overtime.

dox
Mar 4, 2006
Who we are: Local MSP
About the company: 25+ year old local MSP with ~30 employees serving over 200 clients
Where we are: New Orleans, LA
Who we are looking for: Service Desk Associate Engineer (Help Desk)
The Good: Strong company in the region and an internal structure that allows for promotions from within; good benefits, decent pay
The Bad: It is the help desk, but it is a job and a place to start.
Contact: More information can be found here and you can PM me if you want more details and I can put a word in for you.

TheGreenBandit
Dec 22, 2006

President of the United States of Boogers
Who we are: City of San Luis Obispo, CA
Position available: Network Administrator
The position: For better or for worse, network administrators run everything in the city, from police radios to scada systems, design, implementation, and maintenance. We'd like someone who has a decent pool of experience to draw from, but more importantly has the will and drive to learn quickly. We have a good team with an awesome manager, get to work with a lot of cool new stuff, and get training opportunities to grow our skills even further.
Contact: PM or email me at <username>@gmail.com if you're interested. Since it's government, the process is strict and there's not much I can do except answer questions and put in a good word.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
Does anyone know of any level 1 tech support jobs going in/around Berkshire in the UK (London's okay), for someone who's looking to get a leg up in the IT industry? She's studying to sit the CompTIA A+ soon too, so she wants a leg up on real world IT stuff.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma

Experto Crede posted:

Does anyone know of any level 1 tech support jobs going in/around Berkshire in the UK (London's okay), for someone who's looking to get a leg up in the IT industry? She's studying to sit the CompTIA A+ soon too, so she wants a leg up on real world IT stuff.

My company is in Newbury and looking for firstline support. Shoot me a PM or email me @ alexaugmented@gmail.com

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION
Any night lurkers up for an overnight position (you'd be doing this remotely after working days until you were ready for overnight) at a "best places to work in PA" company, hit me up via PM. Work environment very casual, company very stable and growing steadily. We're in the Philadelphia area.

Specifics:

Initial development responsibilities include:
  • Provide overnight dataload support to maintain high customer satisfaction levels
  • Provide deployment support during application rollouts
  • Review, analyze and modify programming systems including coding, testing debugging and documenting programs
  • Help diagnose and identify systemic issues and devise and implement solutions to them
  • Learn the company system and dataload process as well as the tools we use to monitor and diagnose issues

Secondary support responsibilities include:
  • Plan, design and implement bug fixes and enhancements for the system
  • Participate in design and code review for peers
  • Participate and be an advocate for issue resolution and change control process

Qualifications:
  • Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field
  • Experience in the Investment Management and/or Wealth Management Investment Processing industry
  • Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server tools and Microsoft Transact-SQL
  • 1-3 years of hands on experience with, Windows SQL, and Crystal Reports development
  • Thorough understanding of relational databases and database administration
  • Knowledge of data migration and preservation techniques
  • 1+ Years' experience in handling overnight support issues including, but not limited to, bulk-copy processes, stored procedure updates and emergency bug fixes

Quals are "wants" not necessarily "needs". It's not always easy finding overnight support people, so quals are flexible as long as you've got a good work ethic and are willing to learn stuff you need to know for the job.

Also looking for a regular day-job Crystal Reports person.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

DrAlexanderTobacco posted:

My company is in Newbury and looking for firstline support. Shoot me a PM or email me @ alexaugmented@gmail.com

Cool, sent you an email :)

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
My experience: I worked a few months as general tier 1 help desk for an online law school. I have my CCNA, and some CompTIA certs for what that's worth. I'm working on an IT degree at WGU.

What I'm looking for: I'll happy take a Tier 1 help desk position or any other entry level IT position. IT work is the only thing I'm any good at and I do miss it. Any help would really be appreciated.

What I'm NOT looking for: Telemarketing/sales

Where I live: Los Angeles, CA

Where I'm looking: The greater Los Angeles area, including Irvine, and Orange County.

When I can start: Immediately

Can be reached via: dropsysa@gmail.com or PM

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 19, 2013

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I'm not in HR and this is outside of my business unit, but if anyone with printer/basic computer hardware repair experience is looking in NE Ohio HP PPS (printers & personal systems) has an opening for a Field Technical Support Representative. This is a step or two above entry-level and definitely not helldesk (AFAIK you'd get a company car and you'd be hands-on in customer sites most of the time.)

PPS is typically considered the bottom rung internally but HP is going through a generational shift right now - lots of boomers nearing/at retirement age - so it definitely wouldn't be out of the question to get your foot in the door and then move into a more skilled position after a few years.

http://h30631.www3.hp.com/cleveland/services/jobid4369038-field-technical-support-representative-jobs

Since its outside of my business unit I can't really pull any strings or put in a good word with the hiring manager.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
Welp, I got my last job from a fellow Goon and it was an awesome place to work and he was a great guy to work with.

Then, the company went through a round of layoffs and I was one of them that got the axe. :(

So, let's try this again:

My experience: ~4 years in web development. Primarily with PHP, but I have a somewhat intermediate knowledge of C#. Front-end wise, I am strong with Javascript and jQuery. Other skills include some iOS/iPhone and Android development. I have two iPhone apps under my belt. One of them was getting ready to be published to the App Store before I was laid off. :(

What I'm looking for: A full-time position in the development field. I'd be primarily looking for PHP based positions but would be open to C# jobs if the company doesn't mind me taking a week or two to get back up to speed with the language. I have used C# in the past for client projects and microcontroller programming.

What I'm NOT looking for: Helldesk, Sales

Where I live: Saint Petersburg, FL

Where I'm looking: Tampa Bay area

Can be reached via: jmgolz@gmail.com

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Trying again.

My experience: ~1.5 years tech support, A+ certified
What I'm looking for: Entry level helpdesk, tier 1, etc.
What I'm NOT looking for: Sales, call center
Where I live: Worcester, MA
Where I'm looking: Anywhere in Mass, NH and RI are possibilities as well.
When I can start: Gotta put in 2 week notice at my current job, other than that right away.
Requirements: Permanent/full-time.
Can be reached via: PM or benderchan@gmail.com

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

Just posting to say that, thanks to seeing 3spades' post and PMing him, I'm moving from Dallas to NYC for a new job after my hours were slashed at my current job, plus I am just tired of Dallas.

SA delivers yet again! :dance:

loteck
May 25, 2005

what is BAPE?
Who we are: Skyriver IT, a local MSP
About the company: Startup, about 5 years old, growing rapidly (read: motivated).
Where we are: San Diego, CA (you need to be here, too)
Who we are looking for: Local, Senior-level field engineers who are comfortable taking the lead managing Windows networks and VMWare implementations. If you dabble in Linux, that's a plus. If you're experienced with leading a team, that's also a plus.
The Good: Employees are crafting this company to be how we want it, and management is young and on-board with being flexible and promoting life/work balance. Pay and benefits are average. Core team is solid. Company has very lofty goals.
The Bad: In efforts to professionalize the industry, this company wants you to dress professionally. No jeans, no polo shirts.
Contact: Let's talk details, drop me an email at shall@skyriverit.com and we'll set something up.

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002
Here to blow my own horn.
Who we are: Clutch Group
About the company: Mid-Size Legal outsourcing, e-discovery analytics firm
Where we are: Washington D.C.
Who we are looking for: Mid level break-fix and troubleshooting and general IT utility infielder.
The Good: FAST growing company with incredible growth potential. All kinds of great technology resources at your fingertips.
The Ugly: Some long hours and international travel possible. Professional attire required.

Looking for:
  • IT Related Degree
  • 1+ year relevant experience
  • Microsoft AD / RemoteApp experience a plus
  • General troubleshooting knowledge
  • Ability to think on your feet and not embarrass yourself or the company if you have to talk to the client.
  • "Can do" attitude
  • Desire to learn new things and advance

How to apply:
Email to rene.mursky-fuller at clutchgroup.com. Include your resume and compensation requirements (a salary range is helpful) in a cover letter and tell us why you're the best at what you do.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I'm getting tired of my current position and I'm looking for something new. Bullet points:

- Solid PHP developer (PHP5/Laravel/TDD/IOC/SOA/ETC)
- Great with JS. My last project was building an interactive map-based travel booking engine for [insert large travel conglomerate]
- Excellent with Linux systems administration, 10+ years experience. I've also done DevOps for a short stint and love it.

I'm looking for either a remote position (preferred), or something in Louisville, KY. PM me for more details.

zman8
Dec 21, 2002
I don't need a quote!!
Looking for an iOS dev to build an app for us. This is a single project, but a great resume booster.

Who we are: Pair of goons/Rice Univ alums
About the company: Just the two of us lol
Where we are: Washington D.C./Houston
Who we are looking for: Must be familiar with check-in protocols, social networking integration, iAds, maps, and geolocation services. Must also have creative and design skills to achieve a polished look and feel. Will be required to a non-disclosure agreement.
The Good: A fixed term project with some $$$.
The Ugly: No long-term options immediately available.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

zman8 posted:

Will be required to a non-disclosure agreement.

http://blog.jpl-consulting.com/2012/04/why-i-wont-sign-your-nda/

You are building some kind of location-based social app. Ye gods, what a revolutionary concept.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe

zman8 posted:

Looking for an iOS dev to build an app for us. This is a single project, but a great resume booster.

Who we are looking for: Must be familiar with check-in protocols, social networking integration, iAds, maps, and geolocation services. Must also have creative and design skills to achieve a polished look and feel. Will be required to a non-disclosure agreement.

You realize this is probably, at minimum, a 5-figure proposition right? And anyone who tries to entice someone with "it looks good on your resume" probably doesn't know what they're doing.

Really you should probably get some experience in the tech industry first.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

zman8 posted:

You're probably not going to get a lot of love from this thread with a post like that.

Here's a link to a discussion on how much it cost to build a Twitter app: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/209170/how-much-does-it-cost-to-develop-an-iphone-application

Note: that's just the app, not the Twitter backend, just an app that connects to Twitter and does some nice stuff. $250,000. You're asking for a developer who has experience with several complex protocols AND must be an expert designer. Thanks, I'll pass. Unless you have $500,000 to pay me. Then I'll do it.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

zman8 posted:

Looking for a client to hire me to build an app. I don't want to hear from you afterwards, but it will be awesome, trust me.

Who I am: Just a goon who likes $$
About my work: I write mad code in my basement, what else is there to no? lol
Who I am looking for: Must be expert at software project management, schedules, deadlines, payment, writing checks. Will be required to my sentences for me.
The Good: I have a day job that keeps me pretty busy and allows me to charge a very competitive hourly rate.
The Ugly: Good luck finding me 6 months from now or talking to me during the week.

No takers?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Novo posted:

Will be required to my sentences for me.

:golfclap:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

My experience: BSc in Information Technology, 2-3 years in a datacenter monitoring station handling emergency triage of large-scale issues as well as documentation of issues. Eventually made lead of this group managing 12 associates. Group later re-tasked with primary administration of corporate wide Dollar Universe mainframe scheduling software. From there, 2 years as software implementation specialist with Fortune 500 Human Resources outsourcing corporation.

What I'm looking for: Flexible. Would prefer to go above entry-level, possibly put my leadership experience to good use.

What I'm NOT looking for: Tech support. I am not qualified to be a CJ, I'm more of a business analyst.

Where I live: Orlando, FL

Where I'm looking: Flexible. Will move for the right opportunity. Remote a huge plus.

When I can start: Negotiable.

Can be reached via: PM or legitimateemail [AT] gmail

Deviant fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 14, 2013

Slate Slabrock
Sep 12, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Edit: The position I had open is closed, but we have a lot of technical openings across the US, from Entry Level desktop support in Tulsa to a Director of Enterprise IT Security in Omaha. Click the link and select "Technical" from Job Families. We occasionally have openings in the Philippines and UK.

Slate Slabrock fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 17, 2013

Lareous
Feb 19, 2008

Recently hired thanks to a fellow goon. Cheers!

Lareous fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 10, 2014

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
Just an FYI, you may wanna take the period out at the end of your link, it makes your site not work.

The Dreamer
Oct 15, 2013

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
My experience: BA in Business Admin/Management Information Systems. Quite a few years troubleshooting and repairing PCs for family members and people and businesses around town for which I don't charge nearly enough. A+ certified. Built and manage a couple fairly simple websites using HTML, CSS, and some jQuery and PHP. Basic 'tech guy in a podunk town' stuff.

What I'm looking for:
Entry-level anything really.

What I'm NOT looking for:
Sales (I'm terrible at it for the most part)

Where I live: Olympic Peninsula, Washington

Where I'm looking: Anywhere in Washington preferably.

When I can start: Off-season at my current job so I can pretty much start anytime without disrupting anything.

Can be reached via: insolent.apprentice@gmail.com

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Education: I'm in my 3rd year of college working on a BS in Computer Science. I originally intended to get my degree and pursue a career in software development but realized it isn't for me and I'm much more interested in working towards a Systems or Network Administration position.

My Experience: Been in my current position for 2 years as a Desktop Support Technician for the Bioinformatics department in my university. Provide hardware and software support for faculty members on Windows, Linux, and OS X machines. I support a student computer lab which I create and deploy a Windows 7 and CentOS image to each semester. Occasionally work with servers in our clusters, mostly troubleshooting hardware issues.

Have some experience setting up and maintaining Linux file/webservers. I have basic experience programming in Java, C, Ruby, and Python.
Currently I am preparing to take the CompTIA A+ and Network+ exams in December.

What I'm looking for: Desktop Support Tech, Junior Sysadmin, Entry-level positions, I'll pretty much consider anything available at the moment.

What I'm NOT looking for: Helpdesk, sales

Where I live: Richmond, VA

Where I'm looking: I would prefer Richmond, but I'm not opposed to relocating.

When I can start: Need 2 weeks notice.

Can be reached via: PM

Jato fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 15, 2017

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up
Job-seeking goons: IT Recruiter in Richmond, VA here. PM me if you're interested in anything IT-wise here in Richmond. I also do some work in DC.

I came up through the IT ranks on the infrastructure side. Unlike some recruiters, I have integrity and I value my reputation. I make a good living and don't need to gouge people on rate or cram you into jobs that aren't a good fit. I will also give you my honest opinion. If your resume sucks, I'm going to tell you "Your resume sucks", but I'm going to show you how to fix it. I believe in forming lasting partnerships and making my living through referrals and repeat clients/consultants.

Current needs: Java, .NET, BAs, QAs, Sr Network peeps. However, I am down to talk to anyone in the field. I know I have a desktop role coming up as well.

Fair warning: I'll try to help any goon I can, but I'm really not the guy to go to for entry level jobs. Sometimes I do jr dev roles, but most of my positions require some experience. Hope to hear from you!

Edit: and yes, I emailed the guy above!

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k

Count Sacula posted:

Job-seeking goons: IT Recruiter in Richmond, VA here. PM me if you're interested in anything IT-wise here in Richmond. I also do some work in DC.

I have a question for you if you don't mind. I work in "high level" networking right now (SP Wifi with a lot of enterprise experience behind it) and want to continue contracting after my current project ends. I'm connected to a lot of recruiters on linkedin, is it as easy as posting "Easy placement, looking for contracting job preferably in NY (out of state okay as long as travel arrangements expensed) around $120/hr" on there and I will get contacted about them or do I have to reach out further?

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up

Sepist posted:

I have a question for you if you don't mind. I work in "high level" networking right now (SP Wifi with a lot of enterprise experience behind it) and want to continue contracting after my current project ends. I'm connected to a lot of recruiters on linkedin, is it as easy as posting "Easy placement, looking for contracting job preferably in NY (out of state okay as long as travel arrangements expensed) around $120/hr" on there and I will get contacted about them or do I have to reach out further?

I'll admit that most of my experience is in local market where building long-term relationships is key, so my experience marketing or putting to work travelling consultants is a bit limited. I will say though that the job search is a lot like dating, and as such you don't want to put it all out there right away, at least in regards to $$. Generate the interest first, and ask them what they can pay. Your $120/hr is probably going to be on the high side most times, but who knows... It's good to have that number in your head as your base line though and I wouldn't hesitate to state it on the phone if asked, but I wouldn't blast it out there on LI.

Anyway, I could talk all day about negotiation. LinkedIn is a great tool though, and I would really look into the groups if you haven't already. A good thing to do is change your current position to "seeking new contract", so when people search you they immediately see you're available.

Also, what do you mean by "easy placement"? That you are a really qualified candidate? That you will go anywhere?

As far as recruiters go, I would really work to establish relationships with a few good ones that specialize in your area. It may take some trial and error to find out who the good ones are, and it's a lot more precarious for you when you aren't meeting them in person, so YMMV.

Sorry, crazy day here so I feel like I'm rambling.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k

Count Sacula posted:

I'll admit that most of my experience is in local market where building long-term relationships is key, so my experience marketing or putting to work travelling consultants is a bit limited. I will say though that the job search is a lot like dating, and as such you don't want to put it all out there right away, at least in regards to $$. Generate the interest first, and ask them what they can pay. Your $120/hr is probably going to be on the high side most times, but who knows... It's good to have that number in your head as your base line though and I wouldn't hesitate to state it on the phone if asked, but I wouldn't blast it out there on LI.

Anyway, I could talk all day about negotiation. LinkedIn is a great tool though, and I would really look into the groups if you haven't already. A good thing to do is change your current position to "seeking new contract", so when people search you they immediately see you're available.

Also, what do you mean by "easy placement"? That you are a really qualified candidate? That you will go anywhere?

As far as recruiters go, I would really work to establish relationships with a few good ones that specialize in your area. It may take some trial and error to find out who the good ones are, and it's a lot more precarious for you when you aren't meeting them in person, so YMMV.

Sorry, crazy day here so I feel like I'm rambling.

Great, thanks. Easy placement as in the qualifications, I'm just iterating what I've been told a few times in the past. I am in a bit of groups related to what I work with which is why I guess I get so much attention on LI.

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up

Sepist posted:

Great, thanks. Easy placement as in the qualifications, I'm just iterating what I've been told a few times in the past. I am in a bit of groups related to what I work with which is why I guess I get so much attention on LI.

If you've got a good LinkedIn network, it may just be that easy.

Alternatively, just post your avatar on LI. FBRP 4 lyfe!

xpander
Sep 2, 2004
Network/System Administrator
What we're looking for: Someone with intermediate-level Linux experience who jives with our corporate culture(laid-back, team-oriented, not a shut-in). Your role could expand in a number of ways, so it's only specific as to the skillsets that are an absolute must for our infrastructure. Note that you are likely doing desktop support too, though you will have at least one backup. We're small enough that lots of roles are shared this way. Hopefully we can get a junior in to cover that someday, but that won't be the case out of the gate. This means willingness to deal with some day-to-day Windows bullshit, even if you think it's beneath you.
What we're not looking for: Anyone on either end of the experience scale: someone too junior won't cut it, as then I'll have to do your job anyway(which I am already doing). Too senior, and I think you'll get bored - we're growing fast, but I suspect once you are able to document and streamline our operations jazz the heat will be way off. There's gonna be a lot of filler work when the actual systems needing administration don't any more - see above.
Location: Calgary, AB(this is not a telecommute - we have a VPN, but you need to be in Calgary for the day-to-day)
Approximate opening date: Yesterday
Benefits: Great group policy, generous profit share, excellent starting holiday time, generally flexible and awesome environment
Notes: I've been here for a little over two years, and think it's just peachy. We're a fun group and the politics are kept to a minimum.
Contact: username AT gmail DOT com for any questions, put the words Splice and SA in the subject for my lazy headline-reading eyes. PMs work as well. Here is the online posting: http://www.splicesoftware.com/home/?page_id=20

xpander fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 15, 2013

xGryph
Jun 3, 2004
Just a heads up about a vacancy we're trying to fill in the United Kingdom.

Creative Web Developer Position

Who we are: Aerian Studios

About us: Aerian Studios, formed in 1996, consists of an incredibly talented team of in house full time design, web development and interactive staff and is one of the fastest growing digital agencies in the UK. We provide exceptional, bleeding edge web development and kick-rear end design to a fantastic range of national and international customers. Our long standing relationship and exceptional track record with our clients such as BBC, Channel 4, Sky, Vodafone demonstrate a commitment to excellence in everything we do and extends into all areas of our business.

Where we are: Near Bath, United Kingdom

Looking for a developer meeting the following:

• Strong Higher Education qualification in a digital development subject
  • Demonstrable pure JS application development experience (not just jQuery), preferably with MV* framework knowledge
  • OOP design pattern knowledge and awareness of JavaScript implementations of these
  • Device specific front end implementation: adaptive/responsive
  • Integration with web services/APIs
  • CSS3/HTML5
  • jQuery
  • Ability to plan applications, and co-ordinate with other team members and communicate with clients where necessary
  • Willingness to occasionally travel to and meet clients (with support from other team members)

Other desirable skills:

• Backbone JS
  • Awareness or use of other JS frameworks such as RequireJS, Angular, Marionette, etc.
  • Ability and willingness to help interpret client needs, and document plans for client approval
  • PHP OOP programming expertise
  • MVC framework knowledge
  • Database Design
  • Zend Framework
  • Version Control (SVN/GIT etc)
  • Apache/Linux server management

Contact: Email Freya Jones - Freya.Jones@aerian.com or Read More

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Reposting for the winter.

My experience: Three years as a technical consultant for a multinational corporate helpdesk. Hired for my language skills so we could support clients from our Germany-based daughter company from our American offices, eventually promoted to supervisor of the entire European service team. Tier 1 and Tier 2 help desk support, asset management, Microsoft Exchange server migration, heavy use of SCCM for software and patch deployment, Cisco Systems VPN, data center supervision. Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook 2003 to current, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Project, MS Access. Windows 7, OS X, Linux Ubuntu. Basic working knowledge of SAP/BI. Some Python knowledge.
What I'm looking for: Preferably a supervisory position of a corporate help desk, and preferably one with a multinational focus. Failing that, continuing work as a help desk technician, or a technical analyst with a data center team or system admin for a smaller company. Technical translation (German to English) is also not out of the realm of possibility. I've also done a good deal of freelance network creation/administration work in the past year, as well as troubleshooting hardware on-site for clients with no local field service support apparatus. General customer service is also not out of the question.
What I'm NOT looking for: Something that requires me to move outside of Germany. I have the legal right to work in both the United States and Germany, but for family reasons I am unable to relocate to the US at the present time. Travel is fine, provided I'm still based here.
Where I live: Berlin, Germany
Where I'm looking: Berlin, or anything that can be done remotely
Requirements: Negotiable.
Can be reached via: PM's

Drone fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 24, 2018