Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Eggtenders are bugged atm and only have melee attacks. My guild is still stuck on Proteus though; probably going to do a FT/EE/GA tomorrow and then IG 2/3 on Sun/Mon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
It looks like I won't be able to make it either Sunday or Monday, probably going to be Monday, but I'll keep you guys updated, it's only going to be one of those, not both. I know my attendance has been somewhat flaky lately, but it's not always under my control.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Has there been any luck setting up a second GA group?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

StumblyWumbly posted:

Has there been any luck setting up a second GA group?

Show up on Sunday @ 9. I'm supposed to be in it, though I'll probably sub in for hedo some way or another since he said he might not make it. I don't think enough people have 520 hit at this point, though we may be close enough that we'd be able to PUG the last few slots.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

It's going to be Monday I'll miss. Sorrrryyyyy.

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Kreczor posted:

Show up on Sunday @ 9.

9 servertime/PST or EST? EST I can make it to, servertime is way too late for me :smith:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Machado de Assis posted:

9 servertime/PST or EST? EST I can make it to, servertime is way too late for me :smith:

EST, the normal raid time.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007
We doing another FT/EE farm run on Wednesday? If so I'll make sure to be there to play my music again.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Goon Squad usually does FT/EE on Wed, then finishes it up on Mon if there's anything left. Rest of the time on Mon is probably for T2 raids.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Spent the last few days getting the BIS seal, cape, and Torvan essences. Success! I no longer feel like a huge slacker.

Fritata Rampage
Aug 16, 2013
Looking to join the carnage online. Character's name is Dhavian. I played Rift for about 2 months last year, starting to wonder why I quit to begin with. (Game is awesome)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kirtan posted:

Spent the last few days getting the BIS seal, cape, and Torvan essences. Success! I no longer feel like a huge slacker.

Being a slacker is a relative state.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Kirtan posted:

Looks like you left out Lycini essences. Get back to work!

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
the pb trash is loving stupid. i want to say it's almost as bad as aq40, if not worse

aegis' decision suddenly makes a lot more sense to me

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

What'd they do?

Oh, nevermind, they quit. Yeah. This game has a terrible dev team anyway. Almost as bad as SE's CS

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 7, 2013

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

necrotic posted:

Looks like you left out Lycini essences. Get back to work!

For some reason Lycini is 40k behind, and the Torvan essences are good enough for now. Lycini will come when I get another space of time... Eventually.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Kirtan posted:

For some reason Lycini is 40k behind, and the Torvan essences are good enough for now. Lycini will come when I get another space of time... Eventually.

You can do that pretty fast if you chain rifts in City Core.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Mcdorf here, I keep forgetting to ask for an invite to the guild.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Just started playing. Seems cool so far I'm on the EU server Zaviel. Any other goons around that can hook me up with a guild?

Username is the same as here.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
Patch notes for tomorrow! The rep changes are awesome. Also the Realm of Twisted Dreams stuff.

RIFT 2.4: Hotfix #5 10/9/13

GENERAL
* Some of the new Mayhem achievements have had their scores reduced to zero.
* Fixed projected textures on compatibility renderer when Pixel Granularity is set below 100.
* Implemented a possible improvement for some users experiencing extreme stuttering and FPS drops. However, we continue to gather information and investigate this issue.
* Notoriety rewards have been increased by 25% for numerous sources, including Daily Quests, Weekly Quests, Instant Adventures, Crafting Quests, and completing RIFT stages. This affects the following factions:
- Qaijiri
- Caretakers
- Eternal City Survivors
- Hailol
- Achyati
- Lycini
- Torvan Hunters
- Empyreal Alliance
* The achievements associated with Mayhem weekly quests have been moved into the Legacy category.
* Text nameplates will no longer show through solid objects with the Low-Quuality Renderer and Pixel Granularity enabled.

ZONES

STEPPES OF INFINITY
* Quest: Infinite Readings, Readins from theN Beyond: The objective to analyze the Infinity Gate has been moved away from the entrance to Planebreaker Bastion.

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES

ENDLESS ECLIPSE
* Matriarch of Pestilence
- Now obtains slightly less healing from Corpse Devourerers.
- Unholy Anguish now scales at a slower rate.
- Wrack damage has been slightly lowered.
- Increased the damage boost from Dark Matter.

FROZEN TEMPEST
* Twin Giants
- Removed the tank swap mechanic.
- Very slightly reduced the damage of tank attacks.
- Reduced the damage of Devastating Shock.
- Reduced the damage of Electric Field.

INFINITY GATE
* Breaker X-1
- Upon the boss' reset, the debuffs that prevent players from re-entering the core will now be removed.
- Adds should no longer target players who have Kinetic Distortion for Ambersap Spray.

PLANEBREAKER BASTION
* Inyr'Kta:
- Earthern Fissures are now immune to banishing effects.
* Proteus:
- Added a very short use time to the harpoons.
* Warden Thrax:
- Death avoidance abilities, such as Chimera's Gift and No Permission to Die, will no longer allow players to survive Execution.
- The lasers during the Greater Techtronic Transference will no longer be cast outside of the channel effect.
- The lasers during the Greater Techtronic Transference no longer trigger twice in a row.

REALM OF TWISTED DREAMS
* Atrophinius
- Lowered damage of Last Call.
* The total HP for all NPCs has been reduced.
* The total damage dealt by Swindler Maelow, Lord Greenscale, Atrophinius and Frozen Terror has been reduced.
* By popular request, the density of the fog and 'waviness' of the atmosphere has been reduced.

STORM BREAKER PROTOCOL
* Telaphalon (Standard version):
- Removed Chitin Weave.
- Reduced overall damage.

CRAFTING
* The highest-level of crafting dailies now provide Dendrome notorieties.
* High-level crafting dailies now provide more notoriety.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Also, today's Windows patches don't seem to have broken Rift.

necrotic posted:

CRAFTING
* The highest-level of crafting dailies now provide Dendrome notorieties.
* High-level crafting dailies now provide more notoriety.
loving FINALLY

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES

ENDLESS ECLIPSE
* Matriarch of Pestilence
- Now obtains slightly less healing from Corpse Devourerers.
- Unholy Anguish now scales at a slower rate.
- Wrack damage has been slightly lowered.
- Increased the damage boost from Dark Matter.

FROZEN TEMPEST
* Twin Giants
- Removed the tank swap mechanic.
- Very slightly reduced the damage of tank attacks.
- Reduced the damage of Devastating Shock.
- Reduced the damage of Electric Field.

Ahahaha what the hell really that twins nerf.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Zoness posted:

Yeah that fight is going to be so easy now. Not that it wasn't already...

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
Is anyone interested in burning through some crafting rifts on Thursday night? I'm thinking of starting at the normal raid time (9 PM east coast) unless anyone has any objections; any time in the following few hours would also work for me.

I'm Grundlefly / Yoloswagbro in game.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

Soooo, we can solo tank them now?

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Machai posted:

Soooo, we can solo tank them now?

Yeah, combined with a decrease in damage should make it a joke

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Let it be known that the honourable goon squadron cleared FT/EE before the nerfs were put in place to make it easy.

Also preemptive shut up Zoness.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

Let it be known that the honourable goon squadron cleared FT/EE before the nerfs were put in place to make it easy.

Also preemptive shut up Zoness.

Which set of nerfs :allears:

I'll go shut up :negative:

Coin
Jan 9, 2006

I'm no shitposter; I always know how I'm posting is wrong. I'm just a guy that doesn't like reading the thread, effortposting, and respecting the mods. So if you think about it, I'm the best poster here.
I built my char in a different shard because I didn't think to check for a goon guild, and I spent some money for bag slots for the wrong-shard char. Is there any way to get a character transferred to a different shard?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Coin posted:

I built my char in a different shard because I didn't think to check for a goon guild, and I spent some money for bag slots for the wrong-shard char. Is there any way to get a character transferred to a different shard?

As long as you aren't on EU servers, you can transfer once a week for free. I think the button is in the character select screen

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
no eggtenders fix? guess we're exploiting that every week!

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
hey, dodging egg pulses is hard

says the guy who doesn't use half of his warden abilities because he is a god drat idiot who read a bad guide when hastily assembling a spec.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

marhom posted:

hey, dodging egg pulses is hard

says the guy who doesn't use half of his warden abilities because he is a god drat idiot who read a bad guide when hastily assembling a spec.

eh, we didn't really even bother to learn the fight (though the exploit only really negates 2 mechanics). we just want to down proteus and get to warden thrax, because that fight looks fantastic.

breaker is still easier on account of it having a practically nonexistent dps check.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Smith Comma John posted:

Is anyone interested in burning through some crafting rifts on Thursday night? I'm thinking of starting at the normal raid time (9 PM east coast) unless anyone has any objections; any time in the following few hours would also work for me.

GA starts at that time :(

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

GA starts at that time :(

Do it on a saturday or sunday and I'll join in.

But only if you do weed doctor because drat I need more crit pots. Look I don't have a problem I can quit crit pots whenever I want okay.

But mostly I need catalysts to make the orange powerstones

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

shut up gelly posted:

no eggtenders fix? guess we're exploiting that every week!

it's a really fun fight as is and I hope it doesn't get fixed for a while

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

yes you see exploiting a fight is really fun

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

yes you see exploiting a fight is really fun

I don't even see why you'd exploit it, it has one goddamn mechanic for the tank to handle and you can kill it like a minute after enrage.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

I don't even see why you'd exploit it, it has one goddamn mechanic for the tank to handle and you can kill it like a minute after enrage.

But our tanks are so terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

But our tanks are so terrible.

See you say that, but I can show you the true definition of terrible tank :getin:.

• Locked thread