Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

M2tt posted:

Not sure if it's intended or not (the wording in the mod shop suggests no), but right now unlocking the upgrades for a single class makes them available for all classes.

Motherfucker. I need to grind out races ASAP before this is fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Oh crap, if thats the case I need to as well.

Only issue being I hate the races.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Feenix posted:

Wow this golf game is terrible. No real indication of how to do things or aim or get better. lovely angles and views.

I don't know what your deal is but I finished my round at 6 under on my first ever game.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BitBasher posted:

Wait, did this change with a patch or something? I swear the Comet is all wheel drive and fast as all get out, but I haven't driven one online.

I was planning to buy one online.

It’s a mere shell of its GTA IV self.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So I said gently caress it and started a character on my 1st slot where I previously had a level 23-24 dude. Made him close enough to before and called him the same. Went through the tutorial bullshit (race, bust drug deal, rob store, free car). I noticed on the free modding session that I had way more shot unlocked and available (for free) than I recalled being available at the start. I imagine my 2nd character (level 16) is responsible for this and mods just carry over the account which is nice. Once I get out I hit ammu nation to buy some ammo and...

... :siren: Everything my deleted character had was available for purchase :siren:

SMG, Sniper Rifle, Sticky Bombs, Srandard Body Armor, etc. At rank 3. Hooooly loving poo poo yes! I even have a GPS marker for my home! Not sure if that was saved as property aren't available until you talk to Lester but I'm trying to level up and find out

EDIT: I have access to the mechanic. No extra cars but I can call for my first one.

EDIT2: just bought the Elegy and can have the mechanic deliver it so my property IS there I just need to rank up to access it!

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 10, 2013

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
So now that I'm patched I can't go online because it says I'm signed out of PSN, but the PSN menu says otherwise. So that's cool.

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.
I haven't had any trouble logging in the last few days and now, today, every time I connect to a random job or free roam session I keep getting booted after 30 seconds to a minute. Is anyone else on 360 having issues? My character is still there with the correct items/money and I have no problem connecting initially, but I keep getting booted. I just wanted to do stuff with you all on my day off :(

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Good lord survival has a decent payout if you make it through all ten waves. Fun times too. I have the weekend off work so if any Third Street Goons want to run some survival missions/grind something/cargobob unsuspecting players I'm game.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Feenix posted:

Anyone else annoyingly experiencing worlds where like 3 types of cars spawn only?

I've experienced this several times, where the streets are practically empty most of the time and only three different cars spawn. Maybe it's dependent on where the action is?

Rapdawg posted:

Cool. Any reason that my store holdups are checked off with a green mark? I think I'm going to hit them all.

They can recognise you if you return without a mask. Eventually they might fire on sight.

Always wear a mask, you can remove a wanted star when police are in search mode by taking it off again.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Yep, my character is definitely hosed. My Bad Sport timer just went up MORE than 2 days and I was already half a day down on the time. I haven't even played the character (I joyrode in a military jet for like 10 mins then went to story mode).

This Dissonance
Jan 28, 2009

by Ralp
1.03 patch notes
  • Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
  • Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
  • Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
  • Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
  • Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
  • Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
  • Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
  • Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
  • Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
  • Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
  • Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match

So, did they really fix the disappearing characters/progress? Anyone lose anything since this patch? I've been holding out on playing online until they get that stuff sorted.

This Dissonance fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 10, 2013

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Rapdawg posted:

Cool. Any reason that my store holdups are checked off with a green mark? I think I'm going to hit them all.

You get a cheevo for robbing all of them.

Robawesome posted:

That just means they've been robbed by you before during that session, which I think also increases the odds of the shopkeep recognizing and shooting you, though that has never happened to me.
The checkmarks are not only for the current session, they are permanent just like the gang wars ones.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Did they remove the ability to replay a mission by hitting r2 on ps3?

Arikado
May 9, 2008

It looks like the "NO FUN ALLOWED" patch isn't hitting the 360 until tomorrow, so get all of your grinding and farming in tonight.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like the RT to Restart fun is over already. :smith:

Arikado fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 10, 2013

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

Arikado posted:

It looks like the "NO FUN ALLOWED" patch isn't hitting the 360 until tomorrow, so get all of your grinding and farming in tonight.

Really? Could have sworn I was unable to restart missions...

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

M2tt posted:

Not sure if it's intended or not (the wording in the mod shop suggests no), but right now unlocking the upgrades for a single class makes them available for all classes.

Actually to clarify on this, winning any race with any class will count as a win for all classes. ie If I win a race with a muscle, then a sport, then a super, I've just received three wins towards the unlocks on all cars.

This is obviously unintended unless they worded the requirements inside of the LSC garage wrong.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

TjyvTompa posted:

You get a cheevo for robbing all of them.

It also unlocks a progressively more detailed tattoo (a gun toting clown surrounded by money and dollar signs) for every five stores you rob.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Soggy Muffin posted:

Really? Could have sworn I was unable to restart missions...

I could be wrong, I'm at work right now and won't get a shot at it until later tonight. I was just going off of the official patch announcement. Maybe the restart change was a hotfix and didn't need an actual patch?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
So far all the patch has done for me is keep me out of playing online, telling me servers are down despite being able to see friends playing.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Finally had it happen. I showed up in a freeroam with a $5,000 bounty from an NPC thanks to a carjacking. Immediately two people are outside my apartment buzzing to get in (I don't really understand how they think this will work, but okay). I waited for them to finally leave, then ran outside and set up three sticky bombs around the entrance. Within a minute, another guy rolled back by in his personal vehicle, I set off the sticky bombs from inside my apartment and killed him. Of course, I didn't realize he was in his personal vehicle until I got the bad sport warning (the guy got to my front door before I could even walk to the couch to turn on the TV and check the camera).

Still felt good.

Now someone else is buzzing at the door.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Arikado posted:

Aren't those 'soft' server-side patches though? Because any time you start a mission, it'll say 'downloading' which I assume means it's pulling the requisite mission data from the servers. It's probably a lot simpler to just be able to change that kind of stuff on their end than to push little changes like that out over consecutive patches.

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups

BitBasher posted:

Thanks. I'm now considering a Carbonizarre, Surano or Obey.

The Obey 9f is still AWD, I tested it myself, but it's not as good of a power distribution between front and rear as an Elegy. The Carbonizarre is RWD but handles pretty nice, and I haven't found a Surano to check out yet. I wants something in the Sports category because of the hosed rear end way upgrade unlocks work, so I can get a 2 seat sports car and a 4 seat Buffalo in the same categories my main road vehicles.

EDIT:

Yeah, I flip them upside down and gun the engine to check. The Obey 9Fs are, so is the Elegy and a number of the SUVs and off road vehicles.

Just to let you know, unlocks don't work the way that the game describes. To verify I had one more race left to win to get the best engine for my muscle car. I won a mountain bike race, and it unlocked...

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Philip J Fry posted:

Aren't those 'soft' server-side patches though? Because any time you start a mission, it'll say 'downloading' which I assume means it's pulling the requisite mission data from the servers. It's probably a lot simpler to just be able to change that kind of stuff on their end than to push that kind of stuff out over consecutive patches.

Yeah, that's what I'm guessing since some people are saying the gravy train is gone. Welp, poo poo. :suicide:

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups

nasboat posted:

Finally had it happen. I showed up in a freeroam with a $5,000 bounty from an NPC thanks to a carjacking. Immediately two people are outside my apartment buzzing to get in (I don't really understand how they think this will work, but okay). I waited for them to finally leave, then ran outside and set up three sticky bombs around the entrance. Within a minute, another guy rolled back by in his personal vehicle, I set off the sticky bombs from inside my apartment and killed him. Of course, I didn't realize he was in his personal vehicle until I got the bad sport warning (the guy got to my front door before I could even walk to the couch to turn on the TV and check the camera).

Still felt good.

Now someone else is buzzing at the door.

Apartment upgrade: TV Controled Turrets

Make it not lethal, like a water cannon or Tasers

Johnnyonoes fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 10, 2013

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Well I finally bought the tank in online mode and wow it's fun to see how fast I can clear out a game

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

SectumSempra posted:

Oh crap, if thats the case I need to as well.

Only issue being I hate the races.

Do an invite only race and get some friends, because gently caress racing with anyone else.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

Do an invite only race and get some friends, because gently caress racing with anyone else.

Speaking of, I wouldn't mind some rigged races for an hour (PS3).

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I decided to bitch out on the achievement for surviving a bounty by posting up in a Pay n Spray, only to accidentally press the B button a minute in. I spawned outside right next to some dude. We SMGed each other into a pink mist and collected each other's $7,000 bounty. I get some of the complaints people are expressing right now, but it's so goddamn easy to have fun in this game.

I'm kind of a bounty junkie, so if I waste any of you goons while I'm out collecting, shoot me a message and I'll at least reimburse you the death penalty.

Any Stairs crew who wants some help playing through some of the crappier missions, I play most often in the AM EST. I'm usually not too annoying, and I don't rage quit like a baby if things don't go my way. I honestly just enjoy playing along with what anyone feels like doing.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
So from the patch notes:

"Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs"

Does that mean we can replay missions by going to the select next mission/freeroam screen again?

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It also unlocks a progressively more detailed tattoo (a gun toting clown surrounded by money and dollar signs) for every five stores you rob.

I hate all of these tattoos and think that the biggest opportunity missed was the chance to have custom tramp stamps.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Why do the NPCs have clothes on that aren't available for my character? :smith:

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

The payout for the low level jobs is far too low without grinding being available. I finished a mission, got 3k for it, got killed immediately after I spawned, so I lost 2k, then got spawn killed again bringing me to - 1k for the session. Ugh.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cactrot posted:

The payout for the low level jobs is far too low without grinding being available. I finished a mission, got 3k for it, got killed immediately after I spawned, so I lost 2k, then got spawn killed again bringing me to - 1k for the session. Ugh.

Unsure why it doesn't work like it does in SP. Percentage based on how much you have etc.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

PaganGoatPants posted:

Why do the NPCs have clothes on that aren't available for my character? :smith:

They might be DLC eventually; the upcoming Beach Bum pack alone is supposed to have 300 pieces of attire.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

Unsure why it doesn't work like it does in SP. Percentage based on how much you have etc.

That's exactly how it works, it only costs $2000 if you have at least $50,000

Raefer
Mar 9, 2013
Why do you have to pay medical bills anyway? You don't even spawn at a hospital!

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Robawesome posted:

That's exactly how it works, it only costs $2000 if you have at least $50,000

Well there ya go.

Raefer posted:

Why do you have to pay medical bills anyway? You don't even spawn at a hospital!

You do when you pass out drunk :v:.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Slim Killington posted:

I don't know what your deal is but I finished my round at 6 under on my first ever game.

My deal is it's a pretty crappy golf game and a little obtuse.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

My deal is it's a pretty crappy golf game and a little obtuse.

It's pretty good for being inside another game. What's wrong with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

A good tip for racing is to always host your own games. I can't stand it when people put traffic on and their connection seems to cap far below dial-up speeds, resulting in NPC cars spastically jumping from point to point across lanes.

• Locked thread