Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Hope we are still active...

IGN: Exculuy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

viewtyjoe
Jan 5, 2009
Guild wipes a couple times on Crucia because tanks have issues staying out of mechanics: "Oh, we won't even make it past Kain if we make it to EE"

One shot through Matriarch. Get over yourselves, bittergoons.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Farm night stops being farm night when half the raid doesn't show up because of random acts of god so we have to bumble our way through FT/EE with new people and everyone doing new roles. All the new people did well especially for us rushing through more or less, and I always enjoy when I have to tank but some consistency would be nice for a change. Maybe I have to move farm night to a different night or make it optional and make us have 2 progression nights I don't know!

vandiar fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Oct 10, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, that's basically what Virus does. 4 progression nights (rip sleep schedule) with T1 raids/GA on spare days and optional

viewtyjoe
Jan 5, 2009
If you're trying to gear people up, farm night shouldn't be an option. Getting gear for everyone is everyone's responsibility. If you can't come for legitimate reasons (I know at least two people tonight had excuses), then yeah, it's understandable. The moment no one has to show up for farm stuff is the moment you basically have cut yourself off from any new blood. It sucks to run stuff you don't need (you still get marks and stones, so that's some consolation), but if you want to have the ability to get current progression, you need to have more than one raid's worth of people able to zone in.

A lot of people get the entitled "well, I didn't have people carrying me" reaction to that, but part of being in a successful guild that isn't super hardcore is having a constant stream of people getting geared up from stuff you have on farm. "I don't want to run that," isn't a valid excuse, and anyone using it should be adequately punished. Don't try and skip farm night because you don't need anything and show up for progression content, that's being an rear end in a top hat to other people and you know it.

And I wouldn't call tonight's stuff "bumbling" You had three new people who, by and large, died where you'd expect new raiders to die (mechanics that hit hard and don't have much reaction time or cues). The bumbling was largely from people who should know better. We lost a tank to dumb mechanics on Crucia, we lost a decent number of people who should know better to lasers. Putting that on the new people is scapegoating.

Honestly, I'd suggest increasing the penalties for missing farm night without a valid excuse. If people are skipping because they don't need anything from FT/EE, affecting their ability to get drops in PBB/IG is really the best way to get them to realize they need to show up without straight up saying "you can't come on progression unless you showed up for farm night," which would mean you never do any T2 content aside from GA given the current size of the guild.

Fake Edit: Okay, misread a bit of what you posted, vandee. Still, the fact that you can easily have half the raid missing/shuffled into different roles because of three or four people is an issue, and until you have people fighting for spots in current progression, there's really no excuse not to be getting newer people geared up as hard as possible. I want to hear more people excited for all the stuff new goons are getting in farm raids.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

viewtyjoe posted:

If you're trying to gear people up, farm night shouldn't be an option. Getting gear for everyone is everyone's responsibility. If you can't come for legitimate reasons (I know at least two people tonight had excuses), then yeah, it's understandable. The moment no one has to show up for farm stuff is the moment you basically have cut yourself off from any new blood. It sucks to run stuff you don't need (you still get marks and stones, so that's some consolation), but if you want to have the ability to get current progression, you need to have more than one raid's worth of people able to zone in.

A lot of people get the entitled "well, I didn't have people carrying me" reaction to that, but part of being in a successful guild that isn't super hardcore is having a constant stream of people getting geared up from stuff you have on farm. "I don't want to run that," isn't a valid excuse, and anyone using it should be adequately punished. Don't try and skip farm night because you don't need anything and show up for progression content, that's being an rear end in a top hat to other people and you know it.

And I wouldn't call tonight's stuff "bumbling" You had three new people who, by and large, died where you'd expect new raiders to die (mechanics that hit hard and don't have much reaction time or cues). The bumbling was largely from people who should know better. We lost a tank to dumb mechanics on Crucia, we lost a decent number of people who should know better to lasers. Putting that on the new people is scapegoating.

Honestly, I'd suggest increasing the penalties for missing farm night without a valid excuse. If people are skipping because they don't need anything from FT/EE, affecting their ability to get drops in PBB/IG is really the best way to get them to realize they need to show up without straight up saying "you can't come on progression unless you showed up for farm night," which would mean you never do any T2 content aside from GA given the current size of the guild.

Fake Edit: Okay, misread a bit of what you posted, vandee. Still, the fact that you can easily have half the raid missing/shuffled into different roles because of three or four people is an issue, and until you have people fighting for spots in current progression, there's really no excuse not to be getting newer people geared up as hard as possible. I want to hear more people excited for all the stuff new goons are getting in farm raids.

Someone hasn't gone through goon raid cycles :allears:. At the end of the day, goonsquad isn't a hardcore guild despite it having some very skilled members (that I would have asked some of our leads back in TI to try to poach if I were a bigger jerk), and not everyone is altruistic about gearing others up. People take loot during progression and then quit (or join other guilds), people just go no-show. If you're not willing to put up with that then you're probably not going to last long, honestly, and for the people that do keep putting up with it, it's very frustrating. At the end of the day, not everyone is playing the game to the same level of dedication as everyone else and it's something that happens -everywhere- (unless of course you've decided to not do anything else in life and join Addiction's raiding core). Sure, it's annoying to keep bringing that guy who keeps standing in fire, but when you're looking for barely geared people to kill Ituziel for Conclave progression it's really miserable (or substitute similar encounter names in current content).

I still think we could have at least downed Laethys

KaneTW posted:

Yeah, that's basically what Virus does. 4 progression nights (rip sleep schedule) with T1 raids/GA on spare days and optional

What a bunch of babies! Real (read: mostly dead) progression guilds are willing to go 7 nights a week during progression time (I am old and tired and wouldn't be able to do this any more :corsair:)

Zoness fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 10, 2013

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I think folks just wanted to wind it up because it was getting late and folks wanted to get out. We ended up starting out late and then things dragged a bit. We definitely could have done Goloch with the folks we had, but it was getting late. Regulos would have been tough largely for HP reasons.

I don't think we need more structure. You're blaming the tanks way more then they deserve, one of the tank deaths was from someone like me not topping off the tank before a breath.

E: Zoness do you have "Infinity Storm Survivor" tattooed on your bicep or chest?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

StumblyWumbly posted:

E: Zoness do you have "Infinity Storm Survivor" tattooed on your bicep or chest?

No, that would imply that I've ever survived Infinite Storm / Storm of Failure.

I of course did not :negative:

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

viewtyjoe posted:

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm not blaming or "scapegoating" the new people, I was merely stating that we have the ability to clear all of T1 and do a little T2 in one night, which was illustrated last week, even with taking new people for the easier stuff and getting them gear. The problem is because we are constantly missing people on Wednesdays, or people deciding to take it easy on mechanics, so I was saying that maybe something should change either schedule wise or structure wise. I don't know what the heck you're talking about with the rest of that with loot or whatever.

Also yes I've gotten a little (or extremely) bitter over time, maybe I'm just getting tired of raiding or Rift in general :iiam:

viewtyjoe
Jan 5, 2009

StumblyWumbly posted:

I think folks just wanted to wind it up because it was getting late and folks wanted to get out. We ended up starting out late and then things dragged a bit. We definitely could have done Goloch with the folks we had, but it was getting late. Regulos would have been tough largely for HP reasons.

I don't think we need more structure. You're blaming the tanks way more then they deserve, one of the tank deaths was from someone like me not topping off the tank before a breath.

I was cool with where we left off. I didn't really expect to see all of EE with as long as Crucia took, and I know that raid nights typically run about 3 hours. The biggest thing was all the moaning about how hard EE would be with how Crucia was going, which was totally unwarranted. Several people basically made it sound like everyone was going to die because we had three people who had never been in the raid and one who had only been the week before, and we cleared the first three bosses basically like clockwork. I don't care if people think it's going to be miserable or whatever, but holy poo poo keep it to yourselves instead of whining about it on mumble.

iirc, we had like three or four wipes on Crucia. One was a bad tank swap (healers who don't normally heal), one was a tank standing in a mechanic, and one was a bug. I wouldn't call it bumbling, or if I did, I wouldn't have even mentioned the new people, that's all. It was mostly dumb stuff, and in the end, how many new people there were made less of a difference than the core people missing.

Mostly it's difficult to care about playing with a bunch of people who think they can't even run old content, let alone current stuff if they don't have every single top-geared person in the guild present. If it weren't for that, I would have had a great night, even with not knowing how the loot system worked beforehand (entirely my fault :v:), but with Amory going on between every wipe about how hard EE was going to be, I was about ready to claw my eyes out or something.

In regards to vandiar, I was mostly going off at the mention of making farm night optional, because what incentive is anyone new to the game and wants to raid going to have to stick around? The number of dumb barriers to content make it so you either find someone who can get you through the hoops, or you resign yourself to months of grinding T1 content with other dumb newbies. I'm not against changing when raids are, I just don't like the idea of telling people that they can skip FT/EE if they want to, because why come if you aren't going to get something out of it?

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

viewtyjoe posted:

I was cool with where we left off. I didn't really expect to see all of EE with as long as Crucia took, and I know that raid nights typically run about 3 hours. The biggest thing was all the moaning about how hard EE would be with how Crucia was going, which was totally unwarranted. Several people basically made it sound like everyone was going to die because we had three people who had never been in the raid and one who had only been the week before, and we cleared the first three bosses basically like clockwork. I don't care if people think it's going to be miserable or whatever, but holy poo poo keep it to yourselves instead of whining about it on mumble.

Please keep in mind we bitch, moan, whine and negatively assess our progress on the best of nights, regardless of who is coming along (its a goon thing). Many of us have been through this content and wiped on certain things HUNDREDS of times with an "A+" team so it's not personal or meant to drain any morale so buck up.

Any frustration tonight was not about you, or any of the two or three new team members- LOTS of us were not playing our best and it is obvious to the long-timers who then tend to vent, and the cycle goes on.

Everybody's happy, poo poo picks up again on Monday rinse and repeat.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

I'm stupid, have you guys changed the mumble password from lljk? If so can someone PM me with the new one?

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

KaneTW posted:

good lord

i thought our 5 hour progression + ga saturday night was bad (considering we finish at like, 7am local) but at least we only raid weekends

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Zoness posted:

No, that would imply that I've ever survived Infinite Storm / Storm of Failure.

I of course did not :negative:

I organized a FT fullclear pug from scratch on tuesday night and we powered through first 3 bosses in 30 minutes

then proceeded to wipe on Crucia for hours.

I also found out what Storm of Failure is.

yeah it's loving overkill

E: PSA-- check all tradeskill dailies whether they give dendrome rep. I just found out that they changed even the old rep dailies to give Dendrome rep now.

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 10, 2013

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Jacada posted:

I'm stupid, have you guys changed the mumble password from lljk? If so can someone PM me with the new one?

Same password, you do need rev 1.2.4 tho

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Note: I had written an essay replying to your entire post in detail and the many ways in which you come off as a self-entitled narcissist instead of providing constructive criticism but I accidentally the whole thing.

So I'll just touch on these specific things:

viewtyjoe posted:

I just don't like the idea of telling people that they can skip FT/EE if they want to, because why come if you aren't going to get something out of it?

It worked back when we were doing t2/t3 raids pre-SL, we called them gearathons. If you want people to do t1 SL raids start a threadnaught on the rift forums about giving them a weekly quest. People get burned out (not bored, burned out) when doing 14 months of the same loving raid over and over again because we can't get semi-consistent people to show up and keep having to gear up new goons that keep bitching on mumble about doing "easy content" for 2 months in a row.

viewtyjoe posted:

I don't care if people think it's going to be miserable or whatever, but holy poo poo keep it to yourselves instead of whining about it on mumble.
Kettle, pot, black, whatever. The biggest bullshit drama on mumble I remember yesterday was from you bitching about gear because you took things personally because you did not do your due diligence to find out what our loot system was (in this case due diligence is as simple as asking at some point during raid, not bitching about it when something you want shows up).

A few hints about mumble: (Not all of these apply to you)
1. When Vandee (vandiar) says we need to do something we do it, unless you have an absolutely good reason to argue with Vandee don't loving argue with Vandee, don't question him when he calls a 5 minute break. This is not to say you cannot discuss strategy with him (preferably in tells unless it's a good time on mumble).
2. If it's your first few nights silence is golden while you learn how our community works. When you say you're having issues with your router, please just try to fix them and stop apologising for them and keeping us appraised of every move you make. Listen instead of arguing. In a few raids you'll learn who is doing what, and how it works. I do not mean to not say anything, but please be more measured in what you communicate through mumble.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

deimos posted:

1. When Vandee (vandiar) says we need to do something we do it, unless you have an absolutely good reason to argue with Vandee don't loving argue with Vandee, don't question him when he calls a 5 minute break. This is not to say you cannot discuss strategy with him (preferably in tells unless it's a good time on mumble).
2. If it's your first few nights silence is golden while you learn how our community works. When you say you're having issues with your router, please just try to fix them and stop apologising for them and keeping us appraised of every move you make. Listen instead of arguing. In a few raids you'll learn who is doing what, and how it works. I do not mean to not say anything, but please be more measured in what you communicate through mumble.
I'm going to have to sneak in a third point on this, hope you don't mind.

3. If you are new to the raid, or are not a designated caller during a fight, do not queue up to tell us abilities. We are on it, we are watching the cooldowns, we have done these fights countless times flawlessly, and do not need people talking over us in mumble. If you're new, if you're old, whatever, it's been a long standing structure that unless you have something meaningful to say or have been a designated caller, shut up while we're concentrating. There are obviously exceptions to this rule in the case of certain bosses which are cakewalks (RE: robots on Crucia), but the moment we start loving up the fight is the time for silence.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Kreczor posted:

I'm going to have to sneak in a third point on this, hope you don't mind.

You have no idea how hard I am minding right now Kreczor.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Kreczor posted:

we have done these fights countless times flawlessly

Does this mean you finally got the Gagnum achieve for everyone looking away?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

:iceburn:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

StumblyWumbly posted:

Out of anyone who has ever raided with us, you're the last person I expected to dish someone out on following mechanics :colbert:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Kreczor posted:

Out of anyone who has ever raided with us, you're the last person I expected to dish someone out on following mechanics :colbert:

Is he going to have to screenshot his gangnum achieve?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

Did you even raid before SL?

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

So I just hit level 14 and so far I'm super impressed with this game. I can't quite believe its free to play completely, I know about the auction house limit and thats fine. I'm happy to spend a little money to unlock it but the rest of the game being completely accessible? Come on goons! Whats the catch? I'm nervously waiting for something to pop up that is going to push me into having to buy something to make the game tolerable.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Zoness posted:

He did not.

And I just want to add to the drama: I'd love to help gear people but Wednesdays are pretty terrible for me :(

Jacada posted:

So I just hit level 14 and so far I'm super impressed with this game. I can't quite believe its free to play completely, I know about the auction house limit and thats fine. I'm happy to spend a little money to unlock it but the rest of the game being completely accessible? Come on goons! Whats the catch? I'm nervously waiting for something to pop up that is going to push me into having to buy something to make the game tolerable.

No catch. Except all of the awesome costumes that cost Credits. This is probably the best F2P MMO out there.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Zoness posted:

It's an achievement in the sense that I didn't :)

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Jacada posted:

I think the SL souls are the closest thing to a catch there is, but they're worth the money if you plan to play for a while at 60.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Jacada posted:

What class/role do you plan on doing? There's some end-game specs that avoid SL souls, but some of them dip for those last sperg points.

Cleric tanks will never need their SL soul, I'm pretty sure, and probably the same for warrior tanks.

(Wait until I invent the gimmick highly viable Chimera's Gift tank spec!)

viewtyjoe
Jan 5, 2009

Zoness posted:

What class/role do you plan on doing? There's some end-game specs that avoid SL souls, but some of them dip for those last sperg points.

Cleric tanks will never need their SL soul, I'm pretty sure, and probably the same for warrior tanks.

(Wait until I invent the gimmick highly viable Chimera's Gift tank spec!)

Cleric tanks don't need the SL soul, but good luck getting a spot as a cleric tank with goons. I don't recall shaman having points in defiler, though, but I could be wrong, since I'm running inquisitor at the moment.

Mage, though, you pretty much need to shell out the :20bux: for SL souls, because Harbinger has one of the best five point dips in the game.

Warrior it's worth having for fights with a lot of ranged/disconnecting, even though Tempest performs behind the other specs, from what I've heard.

Rogue? :iiam: to me.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

viewtyjoe posted:

Cleric tanks don't need the SL soul, but good luck getting a spot as a cleric tank with goons. I don't recall shaman having points in defiler, though, but I could be wrong, since I'm running inquisitor at the moment.

Despite raid setups often only requiring one tank in each class, it's always good to be able to fill in.

Even I have a tank spec! Sometimes I even use it (this never ever ends poorly)!

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Jacada posted:

The boosts and Patron status make life much easier, especially when you grind 50-60 and then when you need rep or tokens past 60. Getting geared up for T1s should be just as easy, but boosts for currency to get into T2 will make life better. The good news is that if you play a warrior you'll be drowning in excess gear pretty quickly.

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

I'm playing as a mage because I like blasting things with fire.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

StumblyWumbly posted:

The boosts and Patron status make life much easier, especially when you grind 50-60 and then when you need rep or tokens past 60. Getting geared up for T1s should be just as easy, but boosts for currency to get into T2 will make life better. The good news is that if you play a warrior you'll be drowning in excess gear pretty quickly.

Except Warrior DPS Relics apparently.

A curse that's plagued goonsquad since RoS, is what I understand.

Does anyone want to go farm a Maelforge heart with NotZoness? :3:

Jacada posted:

I'm playing as a mage because I like blasting things with fire.

My understanding is that Mage DPS is dependent on harb to compete at endgame. Probably heals too.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 10, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Zoness posted:

Does anyone want to go farm a Maelforge heart with NotZoness? :3:
/gquitting for a week so I can get reg/crucia relic weps. Vandee, Antaris and I will never see those magnificent beasts...

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Zoness posted:

Pretty much. Now it's warriors and rogues...

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Zoness posted:

My understanding is that Mage DPS is dependent on harb to compete at endgame. Probably heals too.

Pyro is a massssssssssive pain to play and does less DPS than Harb soooo basically the only thing I do is Harb, Pyrochon (gently caress pyrochon) or Chloro. Probably going to learn harbchon for when I'm archoning on brothers life side.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kreczor posted:

/gquitting for a week so I can get reg/crucia relic weps. Vandee, Antaris and I will never see those magnificent beasts...

i've yet to see a windblade. thank christ for the goloch 2h axe.

(it's going to suck when i get a t2 1hander from twins/proetus and have to offhand a lovely old weapon)

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

Good cleric tanks need Defiler if they have more than 1/2 tank specs. Average or lovely Cleric tanks won't use Defiler ever.

Also, what is this about Relics I keep hearing?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

Good cleric tanks need Defiler if they have more than 1/2 tank specs. Average or lovely Cleric tanks won't use Defiler ever.

Also, what is this about Relics I keep hearing?

What are you getting in the first 15 points of a defiler for a justicar spec?

Like I can see 61 Justicar x inq/ x shaman for most hp/mit and 61 justicar/ 12 inq/3 shaman for purge. Is it for the cleanse?

Cuz yuck going 12 points into defiler for a cleanse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

Cuz yuck going 12 points into defiler for a cleanse.

4 specs:
- Max Mitigation
- Purge
- Double Interrupt (21 shaman)
- Cleanse

• Locked thread