Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I still can't seem to be able to attract a Truffle. I have 2 worlds, both with a mushroom farm, a house in the farm made of mushrooms, mushroom furniture, killed all of the bosses - still nada. The farm and house are separate from the main base. What's the trick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

canepazzo posted:

I still can't seem to be able to attract a Truffle. I have 2 worlds, both with a mushroom farm, a house in the farm made of mushrooms, mushroom furniture, killed all of the bosses - still nada. The farm and house are separate from the main base. What's the trick?
Have you tried a mushroom back wall for his place?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

canepazzo posted:

You are getting a new background from the mushroom biome right? Because otherwise it's not gonna work. Also what did you do to make your house out of mushrooms because I can only get furniture.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

You are getting a new background from the mushroom biome right? Because otherwise it's not gonna work. Also what did you do to make your house out of mushrooms because I can only get furniture.
You can craft back walls, and you can just... put the mushrooms down like blocks.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

quote:

- People playing on small screens should no longer auto equip an item from a chest or pick it up
Thank god, this was really loving annoying

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

Kinda pointless with mana flowers existing.

I don't know, Magic Cuffs regenerate a whole hell of a lot of mana when you get hit, and instantly at that. Combined with any sort of healing, you literally cannot run out of mana. Even post-nerf, Spectre armor healing is efficient enough to more than cancel out the mana you spend doing damage to heal back up. The flower is better when you can't casually take hits, yeah, but the second you get any form of reliable healing the cuffs take the crown easily.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

RatHat posted:

EDIT: Does the infinite liquid glitch still work with 1.2?

If this is in regards to obsidian grinders, yes. Also works with honey, except filling a tank with honey is a good deal slower than lava since it's more viscous than lava is.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Is there an updated way of running 1.2 on Mac? I have a friend who saw me playing the game after work and he really wants to get in on the fun, but, well, he's got a mac. The link on the OP seems to be for 1.1.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Zereth posted:

You can craft back walls, and you can just... put the mushrooms down like blocks.

The Truffle's house doesn't have to be made of mushroom; I currently live in a giant hollow glowing mushroom house in a giant glowing mushroom farm, and my Truffle happily moved into the little ebonwood witch's hut I built nearby. I think you just need to have an open house in a good-sized mushroom biome.

The Truffle is the most important merchant because he sells the best pet. My god that lil' mushroom dude is adorable, and he doesn't distract me by flying around after me so that I mistake him for an enemy in dark areas.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

apostateCourier posted:

I don't know, Magic Cuffs regenerate a whole hell of a lot of mana when you get hit, and instantly at that. Combined with any sort of healing, you literally cannot run out of mana. Even post-nerf, Spectre armor healing is efficient enough to more than cancel out the mana you spend doing damage to heal back up. The flower is better when you can't casually take hits, yeah, but the second you get any form of reliable healing the cuffs take the crown easily.

This is exactly it. Especially with the Spectre armor nerf the magic cuffs are an incredibly efficient way to regen mana since they regen an amount relative to how much damage you sustain. Now that you're taking more damage in Spectre you regain more mana with each hit, and you still gain enough self-healing to tank things without any real risk of dying. All this comes without burning and potentially running out of consumables. The mana flower is an older tool put in place before we had this great healing/mana restoration through damage dealt/taken dynamic.

Oh, also, fun thing for folks looking to build arenas for Destroyer and so on, I do believe his little drones can't shoot through walls, so back when I was in adamantium I made a room only slightly larger than myself, put on a cross necklace, stood in it, and went crazy with the Dao of Pao or my spear, can't remember which. I'd constantly get hit by the boss, but he'd put out tons of drones that couldn't hit me and would die inside the box in pretty short order, keeping me alive.

Meldonox fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 10, 2013

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Angry Diplomat posted:

The Truffle is the most important merchant because he sells the best pet. My god that lil' mushroom dude is adorable, and he doesn't distract me by flying around after me so that I mistake him for an enemy in dark areas.

He also emits a little bit of light too. The mushroom pet is definitely great.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fewd posted:

What a bother. I hate being rushed into things, especially in a 2d tree building simulator.

But looking at someones "client just updated" post here, it's been patched in middle of the night local time and my game is still unpatched. Gonna just unplug the network cable when I get home and kill Destroyer or something.

You aren't rushed, don't worry about it. The threat of corruption and hallow overrunning you is the most overblown thing in this thread. It's fine, don't worry about it. There is also an end-game item that can quickly and easily reverse any biome changes no matter what. You are not rushed.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

You can also just buy a ton of purification powder and go beat up the Corruption/Crimson a bit if it's getting too close to your base.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Joshlemagne posted:

Some stuff a bit different than reported earlier:

If I read that right you have to kill Plantera before you can even get specter armor now.

The plantera requirement to get the hardmode dungeon mobs is a tremendous nerf to magic users, they need to beat plantera to get Inferno Fork, Magnet Sphere, Spectre Staff, Spectre Armour, and the Shadowbeam Staff.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Mental Midget posted:

The wiki says they are a more "explosive resistant" type of wood, whatever that means. I think I remember reading in the thread that living wood doesn't get corrupted/crimsoned like regular wood, can anyone confirm that? If that's the case, then I'm going to start rebuilding my 8 room treehouse to be living wood instead of regular.

Also, anyone know if you can craft living wood doors/tables/chairs etc like you can find under the giant tree?

I did some testing and it didn't seem explosive resistant...

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Keiya posted:

I did some testing and it didn't seem explosive resistant...

It's not a boolean, things aren't explosive resistant or not. They're more or less resistant. Titanium is more resistant than dirt, for instance.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Angry Diplomat posted:

You can also just buy a ton of purification powder and go beat up the Corruption/Crimson a bit if it's getting too close to your base.

Did nobody ever notice the Clentaminator in the Steampunker's shop inventory? It reverts an entire screen's worth of hallow/corruption/crimson to normal blocks (dirt, stone blocks and sand) in about one second.

Biome spread is a complete non-issue.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Read posted:

It's not a boolean, things aren't explosive resistant or not. They're more or less resistant. Titanium is more resistant than dirt, for instance.

Yeah, but I was comparing it to wood and getting the same results.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

I got ectoplasm drops from a pre-plantera hardmode dungeon, so it's still an option. No idea how the drop rate compares since I didn't bother before the patch, but yeah you can get them.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Heavy neutrino posted:

Did nobody ever notice the Clentaminator in the Steampunker's shop inventory? It reverts an entire screen's worth of hallow/corruption/crimson to normal blocks (dirt, stone blocks and sand) in about one second.

Biome spread is a complete non-issue.

Some of us don't have a Steampunker or necessarily know how to get one, or literally just got into Hardmode and are still farting around trying to get Cobalt and stuff :colbert:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Sojenus posted:

I got ectoplasm drops from a pre-plantera hardmode dungeon, so it's still an option. No idea how the drop rate compares since I didn't bother before the patch, but yeah you can get them.

Can someone confirm this? Because if it's true then it's way way easier to get specter armor and that makes absolutely no sense :psyduck:

I mean specter armor plus golden shower/crystal storm should still let you faceroll bosses if you have proper mana regen stuff.

Joshlemagne fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 10, 2013

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I have unlocked hardmode, and killed the destroyer, and suddenly all I get in the Dungeon is the regular mobs. How do I get my hardmode dungeon mobs?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I have unlocked hardmode, and killed the destroyer, and suddenly all I get in the Dungeon is the regular mobs. How do I get my hardmode dungeon mobs?

You have to beat Plantera now, apparently.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sexual Aluminum posted:

You need to defeat Plantera before hard mode dungeon mobs will spawn, now.

edit: :argh:

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Now 81 banners to collect :(

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I vaguely recall reading in the thread that hardmode jungle doesn't get corrupted/crimsoned? Is this correct?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
How do you get sniper enemies in the dungeon? I've farmed a ton in pink and blue dungeons and haven't seen any despite farming enough to get all other drops from there.

edit: Oh someone just edited the wiki so it's not blue dungeon but bricked dungeon walls that you need to have..

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...

McDragon posted:

Does that mean the keys won't drop until Plantera is defeated or are they unrelated?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

edit: Nevermind, friend found a service called GameRanger and it works fine with no special setup. gently caress Hamachi forever.

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 10, 2013

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Scrode posted:

Does that mean the keys won't drop until Plantera is defeated or are they unrelated?

They're unrelated, even in a non hardmode dungeon the chest are there. The keys drop depend on the biome you're.

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

KazigluBey posted:

Trying to connect with a friend to our own multiplayer servers using Hamachi but nothing seems to bloody work. We've done the whole rigmarole of adding exceptions to Windows Firewall or even turning the drat things off. We can't even ping each other over Hamachi.

Being that both of us are pretty tech illiterate it's loving frustrating how much messing about you need to do just to join other players. You'd think there would be some sort of Steam functionality or something, but nope. Goddamn.

Any help would be appreciated, is this even the right thread for this sort of question?

Do you and your friends have paid hamachi accounts?
I seem to recall something about Hamachi restricting the free accounts pretty hard not too long ago.
Also, do you have access to your router? You may have to forward ports on that too.
Hell, it may even be your ISP being dicks and blocking ports.

Otherwise, you can try over in Haus of Tech support, they might be able to help you better.

Edit: \/\/\/ Save yourself fool!

Ssthalar fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 10, 2013

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Any tips for finding a hellforge?

I've managed to get a fuckload of Hellstone, and a fuckton of obsidian, but I've yet to see a hellforge.

I'm quite late to the party with this game. It's been in my Steam library for ages and I only started playing it a week ago.
I've clocked 69 loving hours. What's wrong with me.

Needless to say, I'm loving the game. And also off work.
I saw one of my workmates had 200 hours clocked on this on steam and I was all :stare:
Look at me now eh.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Pretty much just poke your head into the buildings and look for one. You're bound to find one, eventually. Right?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I've found over a dozen hellforges in my small world. They're everywhere in the little hellhouses. Just search every one you find and you'll inevitably come across a hellforge.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

It should be on the towers in hell, they only appear on 1/3 of hell, centered on spawn.

I'll help you get one. IP: 189.249.14.66 port: 7777
Small map, ffa.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

McDragon posted:

Darn it. Can I kill it with full Oricicalcum and a golden stream, or should I farm some hallowed armor?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Darn it. Can I kill it with full Oricicalcum and a golden stream, or should I farm some hallowed armor?

Yes, you'll be fine. Bring some buff potions and sticky bombs to make a biggish room to dodge in. (be careful not to blow up the pink flower itself, that destroys it without summoning Plantera).

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Are you good at video games or bad at video games?

If you're god at video games, take him on, maybe build an arena on the jungle surface first. If you're bad at video games, get up to adamantite/hallowed armor.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Cool, thanks for the replies, I guess, I've not really looked that hard. Been too busy mining and being harassed by those imp twats.
And thanks for the MP offer too. Can't play at the moment though, but might join you later, especially as I've yet to sample the pleasures of multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Joshlemagne posted:

Can someone confirm this? Because if it's true then it's way way easier to get specter armor and that makes absolutely no sense :psyduck:

I mean specter armor plus golden shower/crystal storm should still let you faceroll bosses if you have proper mana regen stuff.

From what the wiki says, the trigger to spawn the Dungeon Spirits is to kill a monster with over 100HP in the hard mode dungeon. It would make sense that it is still possible to spawn them by killing the 1 pre-hardmode mob with over 100hp that spawns there, or to lure other hardmode biome dudes into the dungeon (I have had success with the animated armor mobs). However, that would be way more tedious since all the hard mode mobs save for some casters have over 100hp.

• Locked thread