Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Conquistador posted:

Atlantis still owned

Mostly 'cos of this guy right here:

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I think you mean mostly because of McKay and Captain Kirk.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

WarLocke posted:

I think you mean mostly because of McKay and Captain Kirk.

GuardianOfAsgaard fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 3, 2013

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Welp, I'm sold :colbert:

Actually, I like all three of them equally and love the way all three interact. So I agree with both sides of your debate! Also, its a return of the protagonists not being superpowers.

Cons: My People, Exploding Tumors, Replicators :rolleyes:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6TOQdd2Ejg

e: I just caught that edit :lol:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Explosive tumors?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news/jenkins-claims-egyptian-gods-made-him-kill/-/9674510/22207658/-/1ckio0/-/index.html

quote:

Court testimony revealed Jenkins confessed to Kruger's murder, as well as the murders of Jorge Cajiga-Ruiz, Juan Uribe-Pena and Curtis Bradford during a nine-hour-long interrogation, claiming that the killings were sacrifices to the gods, specifically Apophis.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Zatarc spotted.

Also, can we please call killings in Omaha "Omahamocides"? The obnoxious part of my brain wants this.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

You know you've been watching Stargate too much when:

* The voices in your head start saying "Jaffa, kree!"

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Jedit posted:

I made that joke on Facebook, and found out some of my friends watched SG1 that I never knew about.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jedit posted:

* They say this every time you see "jaffa cakes".

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

So is Jonas Quinn the Pulaski of SG-1? Should I get invested in this dude?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

alg posted:

Jonas is fine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aatrek posted:

Jonas is fine.

Don't listen to these MODERATED LIES.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

alg posted:

Yes he kinda is, but he's not a dick to androids. He is a pretty cool dude though.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

alg posted:

You can't lose liking Jonas Quinn.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Yes he kinda is, but he's not a dick to androids. He is a pretty cool dude though.

Data deserved it. He was a danger to the ship and crew.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
Pulaski was awesome for giving absolutely no fucks and Jonas was awesome for weather channel marathons and alien conspiracies.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Der Luftwaffle posted:

Pulaski was awesome

Yeah, she actually was.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
We're probably the only Jonas Quinn fan club on the entire internet. I love that guy.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I wish Kolya had died someplace cooler than some lovely little renaissance faire looking town. :smith:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

skooma512 posted:

I wish Kolya had died someplace cooler than some lovely little renaissance faire looking town. :smith:

He's the best villain in that series. SG-1 always had a great villain, well, except when we were supposed to care about the lucian alliance...

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

They're the intergalactic mafia and they're a big threat after SG-1 killed all the Goa'uld because

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

They're the intergalactic mafia and they're a big threat after SG-1 killed all the Goa'uld because

Something something space corn.

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

Noni posted:

We're probably the only Jonas Quinn fan club on the entire internet. I love that guy.

He was probably the most likable person in the entire series. Just a straight up cool, nice dude who's also brilliant.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I'm liking Jonas Quinn. He's just happy to be with SG-1 doin' cool stuff and seein' cool stuff. Except when he saw inter-dimensional space bugs, that episode sucked.

Season 6 episodes have started getting really grainy on DVD. I wonder if it's just the way SyFy transferred to DVD?

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Whatever the other cooldude spacebros are likable too :colbert:

I find Jonas to be mediocre

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I seem to remember Jonas having a sort-of romantic vibe with Carter during his first few episodes and then that getting dropped.

Am I totally misremembering that?

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?
Yeah, I totally remember that too.

Completely off topic, but did any one else find it weird that they portrayed Ronan as an uncivilized neanderthal throughout the series, yet he was from a relatively advanced planet as a high ranking officer in their army?

He ate mashed potatoes or something with his hands in his 2nd episode and didn't even know what fork was. Maybe it was the years of being a runner? I donno, I just thought it was kinda odd.

vandelay industries fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 10, 2013

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

vandelay industries posted:

Completely off topic, but did any one else find it weird that they portrayed Ronan as an uncivilized neanderthal throughout the series, yet he was from a relatively advanced planet as a high ranking officer in their army?

He ate mashed potatoes or something with his hands in his 2nd episode and didn't even know what fork was. Maybe it was the years of being a runner? I donno, I just thought it was kinda odd.

Yeah seven years alone and on the run from the wraith would explain that, and he wasn't really like that throughout the series, just his first few episodes.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Aeader posted:

Last week I was so lazy I just took bites out of a block of cheese along with some salami and pickles. It was great.

I dunno, seems roughly as civilized as that goon in http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550851 this thread

E: Not to single him out, he just happened to be on the last page. Ronon looks positively cultured by comparison

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

vandelay industries posted:

Yeah that was the funny part. He's not stereotypical of his race, he just is that way.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

So I just watched Continuum and that was a pretty good way to end the show. Although it paints the last couple of seasons weirdly if you consider it from the perspective of Mitchell always knowing about everything. Although it would sort of explain the fanboyish stuff from him when he was first introduced, unless I'm misremembering...

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

skooma512 posted:

I despised Kolya. They built him up as a badass and he was just a dumb overweight lunatic.

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

TheChad posted:

I despised Kolya. They built him up as a badass and he was just a dumb overweight lunatic.

I actually laughed out loud when they tried to make him look like this elite fighter while he was training in that dark room with two dudes and the hot genii girl with curly hair. He looked ridiculous in that getup, bandanna and all.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

WarLocke posted:

So I just watched Continuum and that was a pretty good way to end the show. Although it paints the last couple of seasons weirdly if you consider it from the perspective of Mitchell always knowing about everything. Although it would sort of explain the fanboyish stuff from him when he was first introduced, unless I'm misremembering...

Why would Mitchell know everything? He saved his grandfather but I would assume he would stay away from himself.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Boxturret posted:

Why would Mitchell know everything? He saved his grandfather but I would assume he would stay away from himself.

Right at the end there's a photo tacked to the inside of his locker of his grandfather and 'himself'. I don't see any reason for Mitchell to know about and/or have that photo without his grandfather sitting him down and going 'you know that photo that looks like it has two of me? Well there's a long story to that...' or something similar.

Plus everyone is wondering about what Ball meant about some doomsday plan, Teal'c is like 'we'll probably never know' and Mitchell goes "yeah I know we never will".

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
"Grandson, let me tell you about the time a future version of you came and shot some aliens on a boat with me."

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Boxturret posted:

"Grandson, let me tell you about the time a future version of you came and shot some aliens on a boat with me."

Seriously. This is what people who over-analyze this poo poo never realize-- This is exactly what it would've sounded like. Which part of aliens, Stargates, and time travel would've sounded plausible to someone who didn't experience each first-hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
:shrug: makes perfect sense to me though!