Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I really like all of the adverts and hearing about the rinkadink companies that advertise through podcasts. Like that Igloo one that baffled both Scott and the listener as to what it is they actually do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Has there been any word on the start date of Hayes and Sean's new show?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

tnimark posted:

Has there been any word on the start date of Hayes and Sean's new show?

A couple of days ago on the Reality Show Show forums they said they were recording it on Monday and it should be up today but it doesn't seem to be there yet.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Help Im Alive posted:

A couple of days ago on the Reality Show Show forums they said they were recording it on Monday and it should be up today but it doesn't seem to be there yet.

Form their forums:

quote:

Hey y'all,
Some of you probably noticed there was no new show up today. I'm sorry for lying. We did record a really great interview with a very exciting guest and the first episode will be out either next Tuesday or the one after. There are just a few boring technical things to figure out prior to the official launch and then we can start having fun again. Thanks for your patience. Can't wait to see you all on a shiny new forum very soon.

-Hayes

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Meanwhile, The Reality Show Show has been relegated to the cancelled shows section of the listings.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
This week's improv4humans is really good. Betsy Sodaro is my favorite, and Tim Meadows is always great. I love the idea of Matt scouting out new improv talent to have on the podcast. The two newcomers also did a good job, although Drew kind of faded into the background. I think someone pretty much has to though any time there are more than 3 people on so it's not really his fault.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
It was a great episode, but...that laugh...

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I'm not really feeling Betsy Sodaro. I can't remember her in any strong improv scenes and I feel really shallow about this but I keep being put off by her raspy voice. The coma scene she just repeated 1-5 and didn't really initiate anything new, or play on the hint that maybe she had been in coma for a lot longer than a couple of months.

Really dug the newcomers though, even thought hey maybe faded in the end from the crowded room. Tim Meadows is one of my favorite guests though, he has fantastic chemistry with Matt. Loved it when he was a bit cautios about the monkey skit and then got relentlessly picked on it by Besser.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
The coma scene was a little weak all around, Matt kept trying to find something but everyone seemed a little lost.
My favorite lines all came from the end, Betsy saying "Lady, you gotta stop saying breasts, I'm gonna pop a boner" and "You are a golden goddess" cracked me up.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I know you guys don't drink that much milk as we do, but to be almost flabbergasted that you can drink it with every meal was kind of funny to me. Although a gallon jug on a warm day outside of 7-Eleven was hilariously weird.

Had that been a live-show I feel like I would have gone on a Matt Besser-type rant if I had called in, milk and average length of a population is One Of Those Things That Feels True for me. Scandinavia and the Dutch drink a shitton of milk and we're some of the tallest people on earth, I'm 6 foot 3 and considered fairly average. And then you have countries with lactose intolerence as the norm and they're some of the shortest. Quit making GBS threads on milk you guys :colbert:

I'll take my Nobel Prize off the air, thanks.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 4, 2013

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Hollywood Handbook: An insider's guide to kicking butt and dropping names in the red-carpet-lined back hallways of this industry we call showbiz has a section on the Earwolf website: http://www.earwolf.com/show/hollywood-handbook/

First episode will be on Tuesday!

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

drainpipe posted:

Hollywood Handbook: An insider's guide to kicking butt and dropping names in the red-carpet-lined back hallways of this industry we call showbiz has a section on the Earwolf website: http://www.earwolf.com/show/hollywood-handbook/

First episode will be on Tuesday!

There's a preview clip!
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/hollywood-handbook-preview-clip/

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Improv4Humans is live at the LA PodcastFest at http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14wjg1_la-podfest-2013_fun .

Ian Robers, Lauren Lapkus, and Joe Weigert.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Lapkus is adorable :allears:

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Only managed to catch the last few scenes but man was Ian's Summer Space Factory bullshit story something to see. Couldn't stop laughing at all the way through.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Are these live-steamed LA Podfest podcasts archived anywhere? If not I'll just have to wait for their regular release.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Fezz posted:

Are these live-steamed LA Podfest podcasts archived anywhere? If not I'll just have to wait for their regular release.

I think they're archived to the right of the link ashpanash provided. I4H will probably be up soonish.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I was talking with some friends today and brought out the big guns by quoting the "so..people like you, yeah? You generally get along with other people alright?" burn from Reality Show Show and now I'm having a brainfart from which episode it was. Anyone remember? The delivery on it was loving hilarious.

Also, where is Jerkface from the forums? He got his own special shoutout from the guys in the last episode and he hasn't been on here as well lately. Han Luke Picard, you're my only hope.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

The first time I checked that stream from LA podcast fest i4h wasnt up but it is now and its real good.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15lw0j_improv4humans-at-la-podcast-festival-part-1_fun

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:siren: Hollywood Handbook is out! :siren:
http://www.earwolf.com/show/hollywood-handbook/
Haven't listened yet but loved the preview!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Zsinjeh posted:

This episode set the world record for background snorts. Also it looks like they are always in character now.

edit: both of these things are really funny

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Woah woah woah. When did bing buy Earwolf ads? What a mindfuck. Some meta joke type poo poo right there.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Besson posted:

Woah woah woah. When did bing buy Earwolf ads? What a mindfuck. Some meta joke type poo poo right there.

For a couple weeks a few months back you couldn't listen to a podcast without hearing an ad for Bing, earwolf casts included, with the notable glaring exception of Comedy Bean Bag.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

Now having listened and...I dunno. It was good, but I think a couple of parts they were still trying to find their voice or I just didn't find the jokes funny which kind of landed flat for me. Some parts of Teaser Freezer and parts of the guest segment fall under that part. Otherwise I'm still eagerly subscribed, but I really do miss riffing on soundbytes of reality shows :smith:

Also I'm really not digging the theme song when compared to the cathy RSS one. #firstworldanxiety #inconsequential_things_I_literally_was_bummed_about_today

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Teaser Freezer was my favorite bit. Calling Average Joe out on his douchey trailer was right up there with making fun of the Real World for me.

I'm with you on not liking the theme though. I'd much prefer a reprise of the RSS song. It would fit so well!

Ha ha ha ha Hollywood
Ha ha ha ha Hollywood
Ha ha ha ha Hollywood
Hayes and Sean, Hayes and Sean
Etc

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

Now having listened and...I dunno. It was good, but I think a couple of parts they were still trying to find their voice or I just didn't find the jokes funny which kind of landed flat for me. Some parts of Teaser Freezer and parts of the guest segment fall under that part. Otherwise I'm still eagerly subscribed, but I really do miss riffing on soundbytes of reality shows :smith:

To be honest it's basically the exact same podcast as the Reality Show Show except focused on a theme that won't immediately repel any potential listeners (I am perfectly ok with this and I thought the first episode was hilarious)

Teaser Freezer was pretty much the same riffing on reality show soundbytes thing they did on RSS, that whole emmy bit is probably something they would've done on RSS anyways if it was still going, they made fun of the guest the same way they would in RSS etc.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

erezaka posted:

The first time I checked that stream from LA podcast fest i4h wasnt up but it is now and its real good.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15lw0j_improv4humans-at-la-podcast-festival-part-1_fun

Thanks for this, I wasn't even aware that improv4humas was @ the lapodfest. Lauren Lapkus, again, knock it out of the part. 'Oh, that's racist' made me laugh.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

To be honest it's basically the exact same podcast as the Reality Show Show except focused on a theme that won't immediately repel any potential listeners (I am perfectly ok with this and I thought the first episode was hilarious)

Teaser Freezer was pretty much the same riffing on reality show soundbytes thing they did on RSS, that whole emmy bit is probably something they would've done on RSS anyways if it was still going, they made fun of the guest the same way they would in RSS etc.

Agreed. Though RSS ending makes it hard to ever trust a podcast again.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

I havent watched a single episode of tv since they canceled Deadwood. just cant trust 'em anymore...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

They will break your heart Beeeez

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
RIP RSS theme song :smith:

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
and also RIP Amarth :(

E: Vv his character vV

Urk! fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 9, 2013

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

urk the quack posted:

and also RIP Amarth :(

Is Nerd Poker over or just his character died?

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

They will break your heart Beeeez

They already have...they already have.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
E: drat it, wrong thread. My bad.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 10, 2013

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Even though Sean and Hayes have managed to take a bit about being Hollywood players from a running joke to a podcast, it's not all jokes. Just read on Deadline that Sean and Dominic Dierkes starred in an independent pilot written by one of their Workaholic bosses and that Comedy Central is now paying for them to make a professional pilot.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

erezaka posted:

Thanks for this - Ian Roberts is so funny and good at improv it's unreal.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Periodiko posted:

yet he still mistook a clear robot voice to be that of a human :colbert:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Periodiko posted:

Yeah he's really amazing.

I wish Besser had has his bell with him because Lauren Lapkus had some great callbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Why does every website's format have to get progressively worse? You can only sort through two previous episodes at a time on earwolf now instead of eight. Ullllllrich! :arghfist: