Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What the hell are they doing to that poor car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BEARS IN THE BARN
Oct 9, 2004
They turned a BRZ into a widebody construction crane.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Wow, that is terrible. The wing mechanism is just :psyduck:

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

bowling 4 buttcoins posted:

That's cute but it's not this.

Rear end has changed up a bit since this picture was taken and it's now a LFA-ish setup.

What in the Christfucking assballs is that abortion?!?

loving ricers.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Huge_Midget posted:

loving ricers.

Be thankful for the tasteless. We can do anything to our cars and say, "well it's nothing compared to that rear end in a top hat over there".

bowling 4 buttcoins
Mar 13, 2011

Huge_Midget posted:

loving ricers.

So the guy turned up at WTCC/USTCC @ Sonoma as well with a revamped rear areo and I have to say it's just a big pile of "meh". N1 Concepts developed the body kit, but I'm not sure what the under the hood because when Das Volk and I checked the intercooler was completely disconnected.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Solkanar512 posted:

Be thankful for the tasteless. We can do anything to our cars and say, "well it's nothing compared to that rear end in a top hat over there".

Nope. You brzfrsers need to revolt and stamp that poo poo out immediately before history repeats. You're all associated with dickbag owners like that.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
TBH that rear wing setup will work insanely well, I've seen this work out really well on Sports Sedans. It's got a huge amount of clean air to work, the attack angle is good, the leverage the wing has to work with is good and the flow of air around the various areas of the kit wont be bad plus it's well braced. Perfect for superspinting / lap dash / Time Attack. It would work so well I would be thinking the front end would lift at speed and be .... interesting around a high speed sweeper. If it turned in at all.

So I'm not really seeing stupid ..... yet. For a road car it's retarded but if it's for time attack I see where they are going for this.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Stock suspension? whole lotta ground clearance and wheel gap.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
i like the wheels :blush:
(I assume that offset would never fit the stock fenders)

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Took the plunge and ordered the XM radio adapter and fit kit (of course its two separate parts...) for my bespoke touchscreen. This will mark the second time in less than a year that I'll be taking apart the inside trim for audio poo poo.

Also, I just did my first successful heel-toe downshift today.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

bowling 4 buttcoins posted:

That's cute but it's not this.

Rear end has changed up a bit since this picture was taken and it's now a LFA-ish setup.

I saw this guy in Pleasanton a few months back. And by a few months, I mean January. It's changed a bit since then.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Jesus christ, owning one of these in your 30s is going to be embarrassing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Laserface posted:

I haven't found it to be. Mostly because I don't have it covered in horrible garbage.

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier

Endless Mike posted:

I haven't found it to be. Mostly because I don't have it covered in horrible garbage.

This. Also, its quite the dick magnet, if that's your thing.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Endless Mike posted:

That and I don't know many 20 year olds that can afford a new car in the 25-30k range with insurance.

ironblock
Aug 23, 2013

Screw practicality, best 1 mile commute ever.

Laserface posted:

My 50-something year old dad was trying to talk himself into one, and then I pointed out that if he wanted a Toyota, he could nearly buy a twin turbo Supra for that money. :v:

bowling 4 buttcoins
Mar 13, 2011

charliemonster42 posted:

I saw this guy in Pleasanton a few months back. And by a few months, I mean January. It's changed a bit since then.

I think the end goal is some 350+hp setup to compete for USTCC 2014 but I could be wrong, all those stickers are USTCC sponsoring...

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Looks like a legit race car to me.

E: Single lug wheels would help.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Laserface posted:

Does it matter that much?

Mat_Drinks fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 27, 2013

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
Liked these for a while, remember when they were being sold well over MSRP when released. I went to the local-ish Suburu dealer to drive a new WRX hatch they had in, and decided to see if I could fit in the 2013 Silver BRZ Premium they had sitting there (I have long legs, and my left leg hit the steering wheel on clutch out before). With a bunch of fiddling, I found a good position for me- so I said what the heck and test drove it for fun. I really liked it- its a fun, willing little car.

Then I drove the WRX hatch I had come out to drive- it was more powerful, bigger and not nearly as fun. I liked the BRZ a lot more. And the dealer was highly motivated to move the BRZ as it was a 2013. So he offered me a surprisingly good deal on it. So now I own a BRZ.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

highmodulus posted:

Liked these for a while, remember when they were being sold well over MSRP when released. I went to the local-ish Suburu dealer to drive a new WRX hatch they had in, and decided to see if I could fit in the 2013 Silver BRZ Premium they had sitting there (I have long legs, and my left leg hit the steering wheel on clutch out before). With a bunch of fiddling, I found a good position for me- so I said what the heck and test drove it for fun. I really liked it- its a fun, willing little car.

Then I drove the WRX hatch I had come out to drive- it was more powerful, bigger and not nearly as fun. I liked the BRZ a lot more. And the dealer was highly motivated to move the BRZ as it was a 2013. So he offered me a surprisingly good deal on it. So now I own a BRZ.

Thanks for posting your thoughts on this. I am dying for a new car and have been going back and forth between an FRS and a WRX hatch. I'm leaning towards the WRX hatch because of all the extra cargo room, the extra go, and AWD as I may be moving to a snowy climate, but I just can't shake lusting over the FRS/BRZ.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I've noticed too that local dealers actually have these posted online for closer to invoice than MSRP now. There are also a few < 1,000 mile used ones on the market around here that are tempting.

As much as I would like to trade my 2002 WRX in on one right this second because a WRB BRZ would be the perfect complement to my DGM 2011 WRX, I need to hold off at least another year.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
We just sold one for invoice and gave a customer a ridiculously good deal on his trade-in just to get rid of one of our BRZs. It was actually cheaper for him to buy a Limited model here than it was to buy a Premium model at another dealership.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
I bought mine for invoice (VIP) about two months ago, and none of the dealerships I called balked at taking that offer.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
There was a wreck, big wreck in Alamance County in North Carolina earlier today. I was going the other way so i was still doing 70 but there was one of these cars in black with blacked out windows blocking traffic with red and blue flashers in the grille, sun visor, and strobe tail lights. I was on my way back to NE Ohio so i didn't do much more than a quick triple take but considering they use unmarked cars it's not too weird other than the type of car.

No idea of which make though.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151986673149374&l=2667162677649051912

"I'm breakin necks dog"

!!! :downsgun:

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

With all that and an cold air intake, I wonder how much HP you could retune for?

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.

:arghfist::regd09:

Does sound pretty nice, but I've always thought making your car sound meaner was kind of pointless if you can't back it up with real actual power. It'd be like a ninja putting on a muscle costume. Also I'm really bad at analogies.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

OldPueblo posted:

:arghfist::regd09:

Does sound pretty nice, but I've always thought making your car sound meaner was kind of pointless if you can't back it up with real actual power. It'd be like a ninja putting on a muscle costume. Also I'm really bad at analogies.

Hmm except tuned headers and exhaust on this car can increase the horse power by about ten percent which I'm sure is noticeable in a car this light. It also gets rid of the awful torque gap in the 2.5k range or so. It's not like putting a big exhaust pipe on a civic

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

coolskillrex remix posted:

Hmm except tuned headers and exhaust on this car can increase the horse power by about ten percent which I'm sure is noticeable in a car this light. It also gets rid of the awful torque gap in the 2.5k range or so. It's not like putting a big exhaust pipe on a civic

I thought MotoIQ had a problem where the stock ecu would eventually tune out all the gains from those.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

So how does everyone like their Toyobarus so far? Any buyer's remorse? Should I wait for a refresh? My 07 focus is getting a little long in the tooth and I'm in the market for a new car. I'm on the fence between a BRZ and Focus ST. The ST is tasty because of the supposedly awesome Recaros, and the extra space. I'm a little worried about how much trouble I would get into with the 250 horsepower though. I also do a lot of urban driving and I've heard the turning radius suck. The Subie looks really slick all around, maybe not as sweet as the ST on features, but like it might hold up better over time.

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 14, 2013

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
I'm in the same boat. With all of the research I've done so far it's going to come down to the test drives.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I keep seeing people (EVO, Top Gear Magazine) making claims that running in the engine does wonders, and that after 15k or so miles the engine feels much stronger than it did initially.

Any of you guys noticing that?

zorch
Nov 28, 2006

A MIRACLE posted:

So how does everyone like their Toyobarus so far? Any buyer's remorse? Should I wait for a refresh? My 07 focus is getting a little long in the tooth and I'm in the market for a new car. I'm on the fence between a BRZ and Focus ST. The ST is tasty because of the supposedly awesome Recaros, and the extra space. I'm a little worried about how much trouble I would get into with the 250 horsepower though. I also do a lot of urban driving and I've heard the turning radius suck. The Subie looks really slick all around, maybe not as sweet as the ST on features, but like it might hold up better over time.

rcman50166 posted:

I'm in the same boat. With all of the research I've done so far it's going to come down to the test drives.

I've had a BRZ for just over a year now. I was pretty happy with it until last weekend, which I spent at the track -- holy poo poo I love this car. :swoon:

Ether Frenzy posted:

I keep seeing people (EVO, Top Gear Magazine) making claims that running in the engine does wonders, and that after 15k or so miles the engine feels much stronger than it did initially.

Any of you guys noticing that?

Yes.

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.
Here's my take on it, disclaimer I'm a reasonable guy not a gearhead. The Toyobaru is a great all around package. So ask yourself, what do you need more power for? Does more power make it more fun to drive? I'm guessing no, it's universally lauded for it's fun factor. Does it add cargo space or improve MPG? Does it improve the cars looks or does it look great already? What does it actually get you in the real world or better yet what do you want to be able to do with it. It's the right tool for the right job rationale. This isn't a muscle car, it's not a four door standard daily driver high MPG car, it's just a great all around car for someone that wants a little bit of everything. Fun AND practicality.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say no to more power. But I don't miss it. Then again I'm not tracking my car or trying to race people at a stop light, maybe I just don't have enough testosterone.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

OldPueblo posted:

Here's my take on it, disclaimer I'm a reasonable guy not a gearhead. The Toyobaru is a great all around package. So ask yourself, what do you need more power for? Does more power make it more fun to drive? I'm guessing no, it's universally lauded for it's fun factor. Does it add cargo space or improve MPG? Does it improve the cars looks or does it look great already? What does it actually get you in the real world or better yet what do you want to be able to do with it. It's the right tool for the right job rationale. This isn't a muscle car, it's not a four door standard daily driver high MPG car, it's just a great all around car for someone that wants a little bit of everything. Fun AND practicality.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say no to more power. But I don't miss it. Then again I'm not tracking my car or trying to race people at a stop light, maybe I just don't have enough testosterone.

I'm with you right here to be honest. Hell, I never thought I'd own something I enjoyed enough to bother waxing until I got my hands on my BRZ. It's fast enough, it's agile as gently caress, has a ton of features if you want to pay for them, I can take it to Costco just fine, and so on.

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

I fit two of these in my FR-S from Ikea (unassembled). Try that Miata!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

OldPueblo posted:

Here's my take on it, disclaimer I'm a reasonable guy not a gearhead. The Toyobaru is a great all around package. So ask yourself, what do you need more power for? Does more power make it more fun to drive? I'm guessing no

I think right here is where a lot of people will disagree with you. I think more power would make the BRZ more fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

OldPueblo posted:

I fit two of these in my FR-S from Ikea (unassembled). Try that Miata!

We can't all drive sensible family cars now can we.

• Locked thread