Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Subway has a lot of fun with product placements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaQqj2PmBh4

They pretty much saved Chuck with their product placement and gave it three more seasons with their product placement money. And their placements was pretty amusing as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OViS82tn5hs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdaHx0_PmC0

Product placement can really help smaller shows survive. And some shows do it in really entertaining ways.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

The best part of this episode is that even though Leslie helped Eagleton, she still got the better end: Eagleton no longer exists, and had to crawl back to Pawnee after abandoning them. Also now she gets all of Eagleton's amazing parks.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Jesus christ, can Subway just do product placement in EVERYTHING? Every single clip posted in this thread where Subway is the product placement is amazing

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Macaluso posted:

Jesus christ, can Subway just do product placement in EVERYTHING? Every single clip posted in this thread where Subway is the product placement is amazing

Subway's too healthy for Pawnee, but not classy enough for Eagleton. I'd imagine Pawnee could have a Circuit City, though.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?

Macaluso posted:

Not in American Pickers, that was terrible (so is the video quality, but you get the idea) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRHhuiSiJik

And that wasn't even the only time they did a Subway plug.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Please don't make me ask again.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Kruller posted:

The best part of this episode is that even though Leslie helped Eagleton, she still got the better end: Eagleton no longer exists, and had to crawl back to Pawnee after abandoning them. Also now she gets all of Eagleton's amazing parks.

I just hope it brings actual changes to the show, not just 2-3 episodes of talking about how awkward the merger is and then it's forgotten and everything is back to normal. Because yeah like all the resources and nice things Eagleton has would be a huge boost for Pawnee. And as someone joked above about not being the 4th fattest town it will really change their demographics. Like they don't have to be super serious about it, but it would give the show some neat plotlines.

Ironically, it almost shoots a hole in the idea that Ann and Chris would want to move anymore, since they could just move to Eagleton and still be in Pawnee but have a classier life with real baby stores and whatnot.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Macaluso posted:

If you love Subway product placement go watch Pawn Stars.

"Hey Corey, here's $5 go get me something healthy and nutritious."

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Yeah, I think one of the things that had distinguished Parks and Rec is that it's been willing to change and adapt as time goes by. Conversely, the periods the show has been most stale recently has been when it's succumbed to sitcom static syndrome. So I'm hoping they can keep up the pattern of changes with real consequence.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Parks and Rec Facebook posted:

Thursday, you shall find out.

Dammit Jerry :argh:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Whatever it is, it probably would have been more topical for next week's Thursday all things considered.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Presumably he's seeing all of the Eagleton city hall people moving into the office right next to theirs. Or their own office.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Everyone here is watching Brooklyn Nine Nine, right? It's basically P&R in a police station, and could certainly use some more eyes to make sure it at least gets through this season.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I tried watching two episodes. Everything feels sooooo forced. Andre Braugher and maybe Terry Crews are the only two characters who feel like they're not reading their lines off a script.

I don't know. It's funny the way I'd expect a twenty second youtube clip would be funny. This doesn't feel at all like Parks and Rec. :shrug:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Klungar posted:

Everyone here is watching Brooklyn Nine Nine, right? It's basically P&R in a police station, and could certainly use some more eyes to make sure it at least gets through this season.

Yep all over it. It should fill the P&R hole in my heart nicely.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Chairman Capone posted:

Yeah, I think one of the things that had distinguished Parks and Rec is that it's been willing to change and adapt as time goes by. Conversely, the periods the show has been most stale recently has been when it's succumbed to sitcom static syndrome. So I'm hoping they can keep up the pattern of changes with real consequence.

I would find Parks and Rec tedious if it didn't progress. As it stands, I absolutely love it. It really feels like we're watching people achieve their dreams and live good lives and it's very satisfying.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Parks and Rec Nintendo style :3:

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm so happy to see this thread being stickied on Thursdays again :dance:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Amy Poehler and her brother are making a sitcom based on his life in Sweden. Isn't this a sign that Parks could be ending?

http://www.avclub.com/articles/amy-poehler-and-her-brother-are-launching-yet-anot,104078/

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
It sounds like she's a producer and will show up as a guest star but won't be doing any day to day work on the show.

Here's an AV Club interview with Sam Elliott. He's guesting starring tonight as Ron's Eagleton doppelganger. This should be fun.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 11, 2013

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Department of Infinity Pool Design
Department of Dressage

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Attention Eagleton, you are now under martial law!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
His name is Larry Gengirch.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good old Larry Gengirch, you can always count on him.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
You're all amazing
... And you're all fired.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Ben is the majestic hyena.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
June Diane Raphael! :allears:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
A new worst person for April.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Ron and Ron bros for life.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
First case of megadiabetes

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
The only known case of Megadiabetes and Lou Gehrig's Other Disease.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kleptobot posted:

The only known case of Megadiabetes and Lou Gehrig's Other Disease.

We've been written about in text books!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh my god.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Ann prepared for this.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shouldn't have gone the muscleman route, Ann.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
To be fair Joe Biden shirtless on a horse and waffles is how all my friends should know to break bad news to me too.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I've never seen pouty Leslie before.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
April is playing this woman- but what game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Maxwell Lord posted:

April is playing this woman- but what game?

Gonna wear her face.

• Locked thread