Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mr. Maltose posted:

Capture level isn't just Battle Strength, it's also location and rarity. A level 1 food could just take four dudes to harvest, IGO soldiers or not.

Yeah that fish that was behind the giant waterfall only had a high level because of its location. Its level would be under 1 normally.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Well, it's delicious as hell, which is really what capture level measures.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

He still can, remember when he comments on the century soup's flavor?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ANIME AKBAR posted:

He still can, remember when he comments on the century soup's flavor?

Depending on how this flashback goes it might imply that he never found a taste outside of Frohze's to be satisfying. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that Frohze was the one to prepare Acacia's full course so naturally Midora would associate that meal with his memories of her.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

My original theory was that Midora always ate everything, including sand and bark, simply because it was something to fill his unending stomach, not because of taste - ergo - he was incapable of tasting

That said, that very well may be a new theory to consider.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mr. Maltose posted:

Well, it's delicious as hell, which is really what capture level measures.

There have been multiple giant animals with high capture levels which taste bad. Capture level measures how difficult it is to capture something. They've been pretty clear about that from very early on.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
http://www.mangapark.com/manga/Toriko/c252/1

New chapter.

Yeeeeah, Midara is going to lose his poo poo when he sees zombie Frohze, unless he was involved.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Midora is really starting to resemble Toriko. Not sure if this is on purpose or not.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
I already have no doubt that there really is a goddamn monster big enough to swallow the sun... and that it will be eaten by Toriko at some point.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

So "Pair" comes to meet Acacia? So part of Acacia's full course (Pair) is actually a pair of "Blue Nitro"?

Or at least something to this effect.

Also, I'd flip my poo poo too if I saw someone throw food away in a food crisis.

As always, this manga :allears:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I was actually ready to toss out this series as having jumped the shark with the whole food DBZ One Piece thing going down right now, but the past two chapters at least show that the heart is still there.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Yeah, this flashback is pretty great.

Also young Setsuno with young Jiro :allears:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
gourmet eclipse?the landscape before them morphs into an endless smorgasbord of all food and drink. the feast begins.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Liar posted:

It's pretty funny that this is a world where billions are starving to death, but every time we see anybody eating it's a fifteen-course meal made with animals the size of houses. It seems like a couple Regal Mammoths could basically feed half the planet if everyone just adapted to eating normal sized portions.
Who in their right mind would give up a jewel meat factory to feed the masses?
Apparently all of humanity can eat inordinate amounts of food, since all the portions of 4 beast were full meal sized.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The Gourmet Age has exposed humanity to small amounts of Gourmet cells contained in high class ingredients, causing greater capacity and greater appetite.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Also 20kg shits

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I love seeing small scale daily life adventures and quiet heartwarming scenes again.

Hi there, Setsuno! :3:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Can't wait to see Midora vs. Joa/Zombie Frohze.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

The Fresh Prince posted:

Can't wait to see Midora vs. Joa/Zombie Frohze.

I'm assuming that Joa is just someone possessing Frohze's corpse or something, if so Midora is going to absolutely wreck their poo poo. Midora might be a villain but I foresee some absolutely righteous anger at someone desecrating the body of his adoptive mother like that.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I'm assuming that Joa is just someone possessing Frohze's corpse or something, if so Midora is going to absolutely wreck their poo poo. Midora might be a villain but I foresee some absolutely righteous anger at someone desecrating the body of his adoptive mother like that.

Komatsu's cooking will satisfy Midora's insatiable appetite, redeeming him, afterwards he will join Komatsu's muscle harem and together they will stop the ever loving poo poo out of NEO.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

international owl day posted:

Komatsu's cooking will satisfy Midora's insatiable appetite, redeeming him, afterwards he will join Komatsu's muscle harem and together they will stop the ever loving poo poo out of NEO.

I really do want Midora to end up being a good guy, or that whatever made him turn into a villian was Joa's doing or some horrorific misunderstanding.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Seebach posted:

I really do want Midora to end up being a good guy, or that whatever made him turn into a villian was Joa's doing or some horrorific misunderstanding.

well if by horrific misunderstanding you just mean plain old generic evil, sure
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/199824/toriko_ch253_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

just a butt posted:

well if by horrific misunderstanding you just mean plain old generic evil, sure
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/199824/toriko_ch253_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru

I just finished reading, and it isn't generic evil. Quite the opposite, we now know the circumstances for his change.

Quite touching.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Yeah, it's darkness born from years of abuse, followed by a grand time that he feels guilty about bringing to an end. It's pretty human if a tad hammy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh, so Joa might actually be zombie Frohze.

By the way, the cure water is that monster's saliva right?

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

Huh, so Joa might actually be zombie Frohze.

By the way, the cure water is that monster's saliva right?

Isn't that monster the same dragon whose tooth Komatsu's knife is made from?

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

chami posted:

Isn't that monster the same dragon whose tooth Komatsu's knife is made from?

Yup I think it's the same one. I wonder if that will be a plot point in the future.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I found Komatsu's potential power up.

Milksteak
Dec 1, 2002
Is Ichyruu mentions that cure water is connected to one of the ingredients in Acacia's full course. I'm guessing it's CENTER the revival ingredient that Chiyo was looking for. If Komatasu can cook CENTER maybe that will restore Frohze completely.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

alkanphel posted:

Yup I think it's the same one. I wonder if that will be a plot point in the future.

No, it said it was an offspring of Derrous - Komatsu's knife is made from the singular fang of Derrous itself.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Shugojin posted:

No, it said it was an offspring of Derrous - Komatsu's knife is made from the singular fang of Derrous itself.

At first I interpreted it as Derous being an offspring of one of the eight kings... the translation is sort of ambiguous.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

op187gb posted:

Is Ichyruu mentions that cure water is connected to one of the ingredients in Acacia's full course. I'm guessing it's CENTER the revival ingredient that Chiyo was looking for. If Komatasu can cook CENTER maybe that will restore Frohze completely.

I'm beginning to think that alot of these questions aren't going to be answered for a long time, as we've just been doing nothing but setting up story arcs for the past year now. Can we get back to Coco please :ohdear:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

international owl day posted:

Can we get back to Coco please :ohdear:

I feel bad for forgetting this. :cripes:

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
So did Komatsu win that Cooking Mama tournament or what?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No one did since it seems like half the contestants ran off to Neo.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/201174/toriko_ch254_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru

:cry:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
There's something great about Midora's secret dark technique being the staple of Shonen Protagonists.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

So, what, deathbed conversion to muscle harem confirmed for Midora?

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Shugojin posted:

So, what, deathbed conversion to muscle harem confirmed for Midora?

Possible, I think He will experience Komatsu's cooking and be so moved, that he will sacrifice himself when he fights Joa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Well that was actually really pretty sad :smith:

• Locked thread