Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Tendulkar has announced he will retire after his 200th test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Golden pair please.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

This leggie isn't ready for test cricket.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Scylo posted:

Tendulkar has announced he will retire after his 200th test

Flat-track bully past his prime, IMO.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

To mark the occasion I'm going to troll the gently caress out of Cricinfo comments section and Youtube Tendulkar videos. Nothing beats reading violent and rapey Hinglish abuse.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just saw Sachin's retirement news. 200th test should be in Mumbai against Windies.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
52 NO at number 11?

A shameful replacement for Chris Martin.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Quanta posted:

To mark the occasion I'm going to troll the gently caress out of Cricinfo comments section and Youtube Tendulkar videos. Nothing beats reading violent and rapey Hinglish abuse.

A good thing to do is point out that Graeme Hick has more First Class runs than Tendulkar which clearly makes him the superior player.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I got sent a death threat for saying that saying that Don Bradman and Viv Richards were better cricketers than Tendulkar on some dodgy forum a few years ago; so god knows how YouTube would react to someone saying anything less than "Tendulkar is literally God!"

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Gavaskar was better

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
TendulkarIsPakistani.avi

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I suppose Kallis will be the longest serving international player now then, followed by Jayawardene unless I've forgot someone. Just something for you trivia fans to digest.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lionel Richie posted:

I suppose Kallis will be the longest serving international player now then, followed by Jayawardene unless I've forgot someone. Just something for you trivia fans to digest.

Think it's Shiv, unless i'm forgetting someone too.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Oh yeah how could I forget Chanderpaul :rolleye:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
So is an Indian politician going to commit honourable suicide so that Sachin can get a seat in the house?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Premier of my state just posted some weet-bix cricket cards she'd kept from when she was a kid. Forgot how evil Greg Chappell looked.
https://twitter.com/LaraGiddings/status/388443115201118208

I love this, but can't figure out if it's Cricinfo having a laugh or something seriously commissioned by the BCCI

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

MrL_JaKiri posted:

TendulkarIsPakistani.avi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1NUBbgqObE

Still loving gold to this day.

quote:

i think your mother is raped by sachin and me thats why you put this type of video

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

I don't know, he kinda looks Pakistani...

Also

quote:

in ur mom's pussy there is the all bats of sachin

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

goatface posted:

So is an Indian politician going to commit honourable suicide so that Sachin can get a seat in the house?

He's already a member of parliament.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Mominul Haque has 150 of Bangladesh's 205/4.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
He's the Michael Clarke of Bangladesh

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Sportspeople in Australia make the mistake of running for a party when they retire, so eventually they lose popularity with half of the country. What the really popular ones ought to do is run as independents, say and do nothing, job for life.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Lionel Richie posted:

Gavaskar was better
Dravid's always been the one that's stood out for me.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Watching our spinners try to bowl is excruciating.

Mancubus
Jun 29, 2011
The est part about Tendulkar retiring is Dravid essentially saying he should have done it a long time ago. http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/video_audio/678683.html

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Paul.Power posted:

Dravid's always been the one that's stood out for me.

Yeah, I've always thought that if I was building a team and I could only choose one Indian player from the past 20 years, I would choose Dravid. He would play for your life.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Doctor Cave posted:

Yeah, I've always thought that if I was building a team and I could only choose one Indian player from the past 20 years, I would choose Dravid. He would play for your life.

I third this. Dravid to me is the Ryan Giggs of cricket. He started out as a fairly talented player, but didn't count on his talent or settle for mediocrity. Instead he always worked hard to be at his best. No wonder he was one of the few Indian cricketers who stayed lean after they hit 25. He has around 90% of Tendulkar's runs with only about 60% of his talent.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Unimpressed posted:

I third this. Dravid to me is the Ryan Giggs of cricket. He started out as a fairly talented player, but didn't count on his talent or settle for mediocrity. Instead he always worked hard to be at his best. No wonder he was one of the few Indian cricketers who stayed lean after they hit 25. He has around 90% of Tendulkar's runs with only about 60% of his talent.

I'll always remember Dravid being the only member of the much vaunted Indian batting lineup that manned up on the greentops in NZ while the rest of them threw their toys out of the sandpit in the early 2000s.

Re: the current test, watching Bruce Martin and Ish Sodhi must be what it's like to watch the Australian spinners except they seem to get the occasional wicket at least :negative:. We have no other options in the squad for the next test either on these dead loving pitches.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Smorgasbord posted:

Re: the current test, watching Bruce Martin and Ish Sodhi must be what it's like to watch the Australian spinners except they seem to get the occasional wicket at least :negative:. We have no other options in the squad for the next test either on these dead loving pitches.

469 vs 371/6, yup that's gotta be fun to watch. If India & Bangladesh could build roads for cars as well as they do for pitches, their economies would take off exponentially.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

Mancubus posted:

The est part about Tendulkar retiring is Dravid essentially saying he should have done it a long time ago. http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/video_audio/678683.html

I liked his answer to the last question when asked what would Sachin do after retirement. Basically "maybe he'll do his loving job as member of parliament"

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

At least in Parliament he is restricted to a 6 year term (unless of course he gets appointed again, or wins on his own merit). Otherwise he'd probably be there until the end of days, given how long he overstayed in the test team.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Smorgasbord posted:

I'll always remember Dravid being the only member of the much vaunted Indian batting lineup that manned up on the greentops in NZ while the rest of them threw their toys out of the sandpit in the early 2000s.

How's Williamson looking with the ball? Could NZ get away with just him as the spin option?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

They should give Nathan McCullum a shot.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

They should give Nathan McCullum a shot.

McCullum isn't likely to get a bunch of wickets but at least he wouldn't be serving up the turds that Sodhi and especially Martin have so far. Also he's our best fielder and a dangerous batsman. Perhaps Todd Astle deserves another crack too. Williamson looks the best of the current 3 but ideally he'd just be focusing on his batting for now rather than bowling 20 overs per day in stifling heat then batting at 3.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

So Pujara just made a 306* against Windies A. Useful, even though the opposition wasn't all that. Grand hopes for a new generation and all that.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
He is the second Indian to make three first class triple centuries. The other is erm ...Ravindra Jadeja.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The New Zealand Bangladesh test match has been abandoned due to lack of interest, don't check cricinfo though I think they've been hacked?!

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The New Zealand cricket board should just give up like the players clearly have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

This is dumb.

• Locked thread