Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

My favorite is "having a yelling argument with Mom" kid. Of course, I'm on the 360 so I actually get to hear that more than once a year. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Remember, upon losing the golf match I will still win golf club...

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Slim Killington posted:

Eating chips guy started a little bit after mic-wrapped-in-plastic-bag guy.

That's probably me :(

$100 jawbone Bluetooth sounds like poo poo over a ps3.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
how do you roll?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A couple of question:

- If I sell a modded car, will I be reimbursed for all the mods?
- Does it take the 50% reimbursement from my old apartment into account when I buy a new one, or do I need the full amount in the bank?
- Which 10-car apartment has the best location in terms of Los Santos Customs, Ammu-Nation and helipads?

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
I think r* vision for free roam is just a beginning lobby. If you're in there for too long you either have no friends or you are a bad guy that kills random dudes (also probably with no friends)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

56k posted:

I think r* vision for free roam is just a beginning lobby. If you're in there for too long you either have no friends or you are a bad guy that kills random dudes (also probably with no friends)
In that case though, it's a lobby deliberately filled with people that you don't know/care about and won't end up doing missions with.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
The room doesn't matter you can get matched up with similar skilled players that aren't in your same room.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I was following another goon around earlier in a helicopter and he blew me up with his helicopter missiles. Why, goon brother? Why?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
There's someone on PSN eating into the mic again and I don't know if you can hear us, but we are kind of hoping you choke.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Do attack helicopters start spawning based on player level? I just hit 25 & it's cargobobs everywhere instead of mavericks :smug:

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
So of course after getting $1000 multiple times today I destroyed a guys car after he got mine and got labeled a bad sport. Played for 2 hours in the bad sport server trading commendation with people which apparently lowers your timer. Also, strangely this was one of the straight up funnest sessions of GTAO I have had. We started with the idea of biking from LS to the top of Chilliad but of course a tank showed up and camped us for a while before 5 people on foot overpowered and beat a tank! Then we drove halfway up chilliad, wrecked and ran the rest of the way. Then proceeded to base jump then fly back up multiple times. Not a bad session.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

beanieson posted:

Do attack helicopters start spawning based on player level? I just hit 25 & it's cargobobs everywhere instead of mavericks :smug:

Yeah. Unfortunately when you switch to attack choppers cargo bobs stop spawning.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

Yeah. Unfortunately when you switch to attack choppers cargo bobs stop spawning.

What level does that happen?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

beanieson posted:

What level does that happen?

I want to say around 40ish is when Buzzards start appearing, that's when I noticed it. It might be 50.

Nika
Aug 9, 2013

like i was tanqueray

TheJoker138 posted:

I was following another goon around earlier in a helicopter and he blew me up with his helicopter missiles. Why, goon brother? Why?

He/she might not have immediately known you were on the same crew. That's happened to me. It's hard to see the little dots on the radar. :( I wish there was something above the player's head that told you.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I got in a goons chopper today and he furiously flew straight into a building. :iiam:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

omg chael crash posted:

I got in a goons chopper today and he furiously flew straight into a building. :iiam:

The helicopter controls are dogshit for pretty much anything but flying in a straight line and landing. I have no idea how people get kills with the choppers without using the lock-on.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Lunethex posted:

What are some of the best 4 door cars? I've got a Sultan, Buffalo, and a Galliv Baller but I feel like I could add just one more to the list.

Personally, I've always been partial to the classic soccer mum van. It's such a hilariously uncool vehicle for an armed gang of tough dudes to roll in: https://gta.wikia.com/Minivan

On that note, how many people can fit in a city bus?. In singleplayer I only ever see them with 2-3 passengers.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Party Plane Jones posted:

The helicopter controls are dogshit for pretty much anything but flying in a straight line and landing. I have no idea how people get kills with the choppers without using the lock-on.

The chopper has lock-on shooting?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

psyman posted:

On that note, how many people can fit in a city bus?. In singleplayer I only ever see them with 2-3 passengers.

The Airport Bus can hold 16. The smaller airport shuttle can hold 10.

Using the Sherrif's SUV as one of your cars is fun because you can carry a lot of people but if you crash you'll lose the guys hooked onto the side most likely.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

SectumSempra posted:

The chopper has lock-on shooting?

The one with missiles does.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

psyman posted:

Personally, I've always been partial to the classic soccer mum van. It's such a hilariously uncool vehicle for an armed gang of tough dudes to roll in: https://gta.wikia.com/Minivan

Pretty sure all 16 can get on one.

Beef Juice
Dec 28, 2003
resurrected
CptBeefjuice here. Feel free to friend me / hit me up for missions, happy to race with as little crashing as possible. I've been having a great time playing with Mountain Crew and the occasional Awful Co. members.

I do wish there was a better way to invite fellow crew members who might have a different tag on, or a way to have crew alliances that would make this more visible. At this point it seems the only way is to add anyone who may switch tags to your friends list, which is a pain. Other minor improvements can be made, but overall the game feels really solid.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
It really is a ton of fun sitting in your luxury apartment, posting bounties, and creep watching them.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

This car is totally worth the paid price for the Collector's Edition

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Seriously, what is up with the loving kicking? My friends and I get randomly kicked but when we try to kick someone it never kicks them. In fact it seems to paint a big target on our entire crew.

It's been a week and this online has ruined my Story mode again. I'm not going to do the torture shitshow again so Story is a bust and now this online is atrocious.

What's depressing is that this is going to get Game of the Year. :smith:

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Losing money from the bank for dying in freeroam is still annoying as hell, particularly when you spawn close to your killers. I hope that gets patched out soon. Still had a decent time riding around with Kroo member denial123 hunting down pubbies cross country all the same.

nic olas
Apr 28, 2003

redz posted:

So of course after getting $1000 multiple times today I destroyed a guys car after he got mine and got labeled a bad sport. Played for 2 hours in the bad sport server trading commendation with people which apparently lowers your timer. Also, strangely this was one of the straight up funnest sessions of GTAO I have had. We started with the idea of biking from LS to the top of Chilliad but of course a tank showed up and camped us for a while before 5 people on foot overpowered and beat a tank! Then we drove halfway up chilliad, wrecked and ran the rest of the way. Then proceeded to base jump then fly back up multiple times. Not a bad session.

I made like 2.5 mil grinding in bad sport so I'd say it was time well spent.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Intrepid00 posted:

It really is a ton of fun sitting in your luxury apartment, posting bounties, and creep watching them.

Sometimes, but the texting alert kills it because smarter players actually can just use cover and kill them, then steal the jeep. (mercenary wise),most bounties i post leave my session.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Was dangerously close to being a little mad tonight. Was $1200 short of buying my first apartment and figured one more mission would do it. I quick joined one and was surprised to see it was some level 50+ mission (I was 14). Anyway it's some sprawling thing that takes you to 4 different places and the last part before returning to the mission guy is at the airport. In my rush to get out of the previous location I got in a beat up vehicle. As soon as I get past the airport gates it starts on fire. I bail and it takes me about 3 minutes to run to the fire fight because there's nothing there to jack. I get there and 2/4 of the crew is dead. I die while the other guy finishes the mission by blowing something up with a helicopter. All he has to do now is land it. Of course the landing spot is in the hills and I worry he'll crash it. There's 3 guys spectating with their fingers crossed. So he get close, misjudges it a little, and lands short of the marker in front of the house. The target is up a hill, like Frankilns house in story mode. I figure, that's okay, he'll just run up the hill and walk into the marker. Nope, dumbass gets back in the helicopter and flies up over the house to the front landing spot. Blades hit a fence as he lands and helicopter blows up, but right before it did it counted him as landed, mission accomplished, about 20 minutes after starting and we're 16k richer. I might have shown some negative emotion if we failed.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

JGBeagle posted:

Seriously, what is up with the loving kicking

I think "You have been kicked..." is still a standard error message for a lost connection for some reason.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Speaking of cash, I fear I may end up buying some GTA money when the chance comes. Pulling in a piddly $1k - $3k per mission means saving for my $250k apartment is going to take ages. I've got like $100k banked now and as it is I'm too sketched out to go do fun stuff in free roam because the cost of death is putting me off.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
Anyone else getting random folks being able to join their closed to matchmaking games?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

T1g4h posted:

Speaking of cash, I fear I may end up buying some GTA money when the chance comes. Pulling in a piddly $1k - $3k per mission means saving for my $250k apartment is going to take ages. I've got like $100k banked now and as it is I'm too sketched out to go do fun stuff in free roam because the cost of death is putting me off.

Once you get to level 25 or so the money starts rolling in don't worry.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

JGBeagle posted:

What's depressing is that this is going to get Game of the Year. :smith:

It will, but not because of GTA Online.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Anyone else getting random folks being able to join their closed to matchmaking games?

I have a feeling that that happens when other people join a game rather than hosting a mission for themselves

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

The Narrator posted:

Losing money from the bank for dying in freeroam is still annoying as hell, particularly when you spawn close to your killers. I hope that gets patched out soon. Still had a decent time riding around with Kroo member denial123 hunting down pubbies cross country all the same.

That's me(denial357). It was fun. I would have had my mic in but it was charging at the time. Getting the guy with the bounty just after we joined up was pretty cool too.

Edit: losing money didn't matter much to me, this morning a random pubbie kept open inviting the mission where you steal the cargo bob from the military base and I made about 80k in an hour. If you can, hook up with people running higher level missions, it beats running shifty low level ones.

Friendly Fire fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 11, 2013

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Sorry Tentacle Party, my connection sputtered out. Also, holy gently caress the clown horn is the absolute best thing in races (and everywhere else)

Did you ever find out who shot out all your tyres? drat pubbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I really wished bounties went higher, 9k is not enough for the effort you go through a lot of the time.

• Locked thread