Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh boy I hope Andrew is okay (hey, it works for OotS)

I understand completely how much bullshit flash is to work on, but I was really hoping we'd get maybe a simple one soon. Or a music album, that'd be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

So, two years later, Jade is dead again. Are we gearing up for Cascade 2.0 on 10/25?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Grrl Anachronism posted:

So, two years later, Jade is dead again. Are we gearing up for Cascade 2.0 on 10/25?

I honestly wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Cascade II: Electric Boogaloo

Featuring: Aranea Serket as the Princess of Bad Ideas, Caliborn as the demon-god of the clowns, and Jake English as Obama, the Prince of Hope.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Grrl Anachronism posted:

It will be fifteen minutes of Lord English double-killing the ghosts of everybody who has died or fallen asleep as a result of Araneatime, in lovingly-detailed slow motion.

Can LE even kill people who are just dreaming? I'm going to go with yes because why not, its a goddamn universe-shattering mouth laser.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Has it really been two years?

drat what a waste.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Where is the thing shown in 8703? Is that supposed to be Jake's godtier clock or something?

EDIT: Oh yeah, update, by the way. I got a good ten pages in, I think, before everyone else found out and the server started lagging.

EDIT2: Nevermind, I'm getting all the pages! So for anyone not able to get through to them, here's the breakdown:

Gamzee beating the poo poo out of Terezi.

Jane grappling and punching Aranea.

Dust in the cartridge, yo.

Jake revives next to Gamzee and Terezi.

Rose wonders what we all have been: Is this a blackrom thing? Alas, she was drunk during that lesson, along with all the others.

Clown suplex. You want to see this for yourself.

When I say "beating the poo poo out of Terezi", I'm not loving kidding. If there's anyone still defending Gamzee's actions towards her in the slightest, even if it is considered normal for a blackrom (and it clearly isn't), they need to be purged.

Karkat and Kanaya are here! They'll set us straight about relationship details, most certainly.

frozentreasure fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Oct 11, 2013

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Hmm, came to the site only ten minutes after a large update and had no problem reading it all. I hope that's because the update was posted while most of the US is asleep, rather than it being the meta reason of Jake being back to normal (ie, standing passively by and watching while Gamzee murders the poo poo out of Terezi), so there's no more Page errors.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Jake you worthless, ineffectual pile of neuroses, you goddamn help Terezi RIGHT THE gently caress NOW.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
He doesn't know who any of those trolls are! Why would he get involved?

Maybe the clown monster is the good guy? He sure as shucks doesn't know!

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 11, 2013

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Man, gently caress Jake English. I was mostly indifferent towards him until now, but this is just pathetic. Who cares if he revives if he's going to be just as useless as if he'd stayed dead? :effort:

Pretty disappointed in Rose here, too.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

What the gently caress Jake English? What the gently caress, Rose??

Man, this was a little excessively gruesome, and that's saying something for this comic.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

He doesn't know who any of those trolls are! Why would he get involved?

Maybe the clown monster is the good guy? He sure as shucks doesn't know!

There was multiple month time jump, remember? Gamzee threw troll corpses into all four Alpha Kid sprites. So they presumably have all encountered him before now. ...although, since Jake actually enjoyed talking to Erisolsprite, he might not consider Gamzee that bad?

But seriously, Karkat and Kanaya: do something. Everyone else here is loving useless.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Is this the most hosed up Homestuck has ever been? I'm not sure an update has made me so viscerally uncomfortable before and the Kronus/Mituna stuff was pretty bad.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Daius posted:

Is this the most hosed up Homestuck has ever been? I'm not sure an update has made me so viscerally uncomfortable before and the Kronus/Mituna stuff was pretty bad.

What, because it's a guy beating his girlfriend? I'm thinking it's supposed to be comedic (and therefore more/less hosed up depending on who you are) because of all the wrestling moves.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man that poo poo is brutal.

I wonder how all of that poo poo in the cartridge is going to play into how this is resolved?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Somehow the glitches wind up saving the day.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Daius posted:

A lot of the violence is hidden behind cartridge errors, leaving your mind to fill in the blank with much more vivid imagery than Hussie could really get away with putting on his site.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Oh.

The watermarks are the glitches.

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...
God that whole time I was expecting Jake was going to pick up Jane's trident and make a clown kebab, thus redeeming himself for being the second-worst character in this comic.

gently caress you, Jake.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

loving hell, someone DO SOMETHING ALREADY FOR FUCKS SAKE

Everyone's just standing around. I can kind of forgive Jake since the last five minutes for him were "dream-troll forces him to power up->dies, comes back to life to find this poo poo" but Rose is literally just standing around being kicking herself when a friend of hers is being beaten to death. It's like half the things that happen in this comic lately are practically engineered so the kids are forced not to be able to do anything.

The only people who seem to actually be getting poo poo done are constantly taken out of the picture. Roxy's asleep, Jade might as well be asleep for all the revival methods that exist, brain ghost Dirk vanished when Jake died, real Dirk is still flying back, John's trying to figure out what happened to the ring or something I guess, and Dave's chasing the other set of demigods carrying his sister's corpse. Karkat and Kanaya are usually characters who've Gotten poo poo Done before, but honestly I'm not holding my breath this time. I think it's partially because of all these breaks, but it feels like the less story we should have left the worse the worse this has gotten.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Wrist Watch posted:

John's trying to figure out what happened to the ring or something I guess
This may all be "concurrent" (as much sense as "concurrent" makes in this comic) with John struggling through Caliborn's lovely story and getting buried in faux Daves.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Oct 11, 2013

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
"The more I think about Gamrezi, the more I start to realize that, even though Gamzee’s actions are hosed up as poo poo, his intentions are good." - tumblr user and all around stand-up guy "spiph," reacting to an angry teen punching and kicking a girl, dropping her on her head and pushing her into lava

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

It's okay everyone, the lava's actually just Kool-aid!

:ohdear:

Stayton
May 20, 2006

A girl who will put you in a full nelson is worth fighting for.

Suaimhneas posted:

Man, gently caress Jake English. I was mostly indifferent towards him until now, but this is just pathetic. Who cares if he revives if he's going to be just as useless as if he'd stayed dead? :effort:

Pretty disappointed in Rose here, too.

Don't be too hard on him. He's just doing what everyone has been doing for the last three years. Being lovely ineffective teenagers. I'm starting to think the message of Homestuck is teenagers are bad, and they should feel bad. For being teenagers. I approve this message.

I was thinking that Hussie's recent stall out related to production of a 10/25 animation. But with this update I think we are instead get another artifact layden psych out, followed by a round of Homosuck.

Since this is October, Gamzee kills are in full effect. This does not bode well for Terezi. I thought that Karkat was going to be the one whose death finally got everyone to get their poo poo together. However, Terezi might work for that as well. Lava death precludes ressurection of any kind.

On the other hand, these artifacts mean we're certainly in for a perspective change. We're probably not going to know what happens to Terezi for another couple months. Her survival might be our Christmas present this year.

Gotta say though, their complete lack of effectiveness, stupid passivity, and lack of any kind of plan after three years of research is really making me reconsider my thoughts on these characters. Caliborn is really starting to become the best Homestuck character. Evil or not he's the only person in this entire story willing to take direct action.

Edit: Another possibility is that John is about to show up and full on hero the crap out of this situation. If that's the case we'll probably switch to his perspective as he bounces around continuity setting up a plan to salvage this situation. Then again, this would require a character to be a bit proactive, and that would be unprecedented at this point. On the other, other hand, John from the future may already be on this with his "find Roxy" comment, and near Karkat like impatience with his past self.

Stayton fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Oct 11, 2013

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I don't even want to comment on the things I've seen Gamzee apologists say about Terezi. What I'm trying to say is, gently caress Those Guys.

For the most part, I'm just wondering why Rose didn't get involved. Even if she wasn't sure if a line was being crossed or not, the least she could have done was err on the side of caution. Worst case scenario, she lives with the mortifying embarrassment of having ruined her companions' date. Best case scenario, she saves Terezi's life. The only good excuse I can think of is if she didn't think it would be safe to leave Roxy lying out in the open by herself (and even then I think Terezi being in immediate and mortal danger is a higher priority than the maybe-danger Roxy is in), but in that case it should have been made clear quickly, since otherwise Rose's inaction casts a bad light on her.

I'm hoping that the glitchy bullshit coming back is a sign of good things to come and will pay off very soon, but a cliffhanger might be even more likely. :sigh:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, this is some mind-boggling passivity. Just because you can dream up an excuse for why everyone just watches Gamzee beat Terezi to death doesn't mean it's a good thing. What's the point of having a boy-adventurer who won't stop a girl from being beaten to a bloody pulp? And what happened to Rose? Bringing up her issues now to justify her not doing anything seems paper thin.

If the culmination of Terezi's story is to die tragically to motivate Karkat, that seems a bit of a waste for a character who's always had her own arc going. A bit of a fridge-stuffer.

Oh, and Aranea's reaching for that sword - chance she kills Jane so no more resurrections?

Dolash fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 11, 2013

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Hopefully this is all a not-doomed timeline that John can just retcon with another not-doomed timeline.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Cavatica posted:

Hopefully this is all a not-doomed timeline that John can just retcon with another not-doomed timeline.
Yeah, the way it's all going John'll probably show up at the point where things couldn't possibly get any worse, and whoever's left standing will ask him to retcon the whole act.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm pretty sure i've said this like seven times by now, but:

Gamzee is just the worst possibly guy in the world.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Jesus Christ you loving clown :stonk:

Dolash posted:

If the culmination of Terezi's story is to die tragically to motivate Karkat, that seems a bit of a waste for a character who's always had her own arc going. A bit of a fridge-stuffer.

This is why I'm pretty sure it's not what's gonna happen. I mean SOMEONE has gotta do something right? Jake of all people kind of gets a pass since he just revived in the middle of the whole thing after a lot of traumatic events so he's understandably confused. Karkat and Kanaya can't fly there, so that leaves Rose.

Rose please do something.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I'm just going to say this.

gently caress that guy.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

You see THIS is when Karkat does the bloody thing and we find out it's some overpowered bullshit that saves Terezi and kills Gamzee.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Fat_Cow posted:

You see THIS is when Karkat does the bloody thing and we find out it's some overpowered bullshit that saves Terezi and kills Gamzee.
Somehow results in him being able to fly to save the day!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Wrist Watch posted:

It's like half the things that happen in this comic lately are practically engineered so the kids are forced not to be able to do anything.

I don't want to say that that's the entire point of Homestuck, but that's the entire point of Homestuck.

Or at least it has been since like Act 5.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

OK, that's a really cool use of glitches to obfuscate a horrible maiming.

I just hope this is going to prompt Karkat to do the bloody thing because it'd be super great if someone could do something right now. It would really suck if Terezi's arc is going from awesome character to Juggalo victim/Karkat motivator because she's way too cool to be either of those things.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RZApublican posted:

I don't want to say that that's the entire point of Homestuck, but that's the entire point of Homestuck.

Or at least it has been since like Act 5.

Homestuck is a place where nothing ever happens.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Once again we are reminded that unless you're actively trying to ruin everything or some variant of Strider you're not allowed to do anything in Homestuck. Jake, Rose? You wanna maybe try and help? I mean he's a big scary clown but you're both God Tier with super powers and poo poo. John you want to stop being a floaty useless rear end in a top hat and show up when you're needed? Something, anybody? No? okay.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Once again we are reminded that unless you're actively trying to ruin everything or some variant of Strider you're not allowed to do anything in Homestuck. Jake, Rose? You wanna maybe try and help? I mean he's a big scary clown but you're both God Tier with super powers and poo poo. John you want to stop being a floaty useless rear end in a top hat and show up when you're needed? Something, anybody? No? okay.

I like how Jake expressly just got his brain healed and a full realization of his hope powers but that's caused absolutely no visible change in him or his behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I don't mean to be snarky or offensive here, but do you even enjoy the comic? Everything you've posted lately is a complaint about how nobody does anything and nothng matters even when there's plenty of stuff going on. I guess I understood these things when act 6 was starting up but there's a lot of poo poo going on lately. Why not just stop reading if it's that bad, or give it a while then read everything in one go?

I'm sorry, it's just a bit off-putting is all, but I'm curious about it.