Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Remembering the shutdown game Abate had against Ronaldo 2 years ago (last year? idr)
And then the time we had Bonera in defense during a draw with Barca.
And then thinking about how I didn't think Milan could get less fun to watch after last year and being proved wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Juventus and Genoa ultras have signed on to poo poo on their opponents in a regional manner on the next game day. Lots of questions being thrown around the FIGC and the League about what to do about this. I wonder what Milan's appeal will result in, there's a lot of pressure from presidents, managers and fans to reconsider these rules. Even the league has asked the FIGC to look it over because they, like everyone else, don't want empty stadiums.

grvm posted:

Remembering the shutdown game Abate had against Ronaldo 2 years ago (last year? idr)
And then the time we had Bonera in defense during a draw with Barca.
And then thinking about how I didn't think Milan could get less fun to watch after last year and being proved wrong.

I was about to say that we'll get to see Bonera in defense against Barca again but I forgot that Mexes isn't banned for the CL. Not like we'll do anything but roll over and get killed 6-0.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Yeah I saw udinese pres' statement that he wants a full San Siro for their game against Milan. The regionalism bans will basically result in nobody ever being allowed to see a match, from what little I understand about Italy and calcio fans.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Just found a nice app for learning Italian called Duolingo on the App Store, looks like it has a lot of levels too.

Lei mangia la mela

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

El Hefe posted:

Just found a nice app for learning Italian called Duolingo on the App Store, looks like it has a lot of levels too.

Lei mangia la mela
the computer version is better, but I agree it's helpful and they have a ton of languages.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Milito out for a month for a sprain. Unlucky guy :(

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Milito out for a month for a sprain. Unlucky guy :(

Aw that's terrible, he was just getting back ffs. Hope he recovers well.

The Gazzetta ran an interesting survey today that they did with a bunch of Serie A players, the results are unfortunately in an infographics so you can't google translate it, but I'll post some of the more interesting ones:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadre/SerieA/10-10-2013/razzismo-sesso-depressione-verita-50-diocatori-a-201330849596.shtml

38% of the players surveyed have heard a racist comment on the pitch directed at either them or another player
18% think that Rizzoli is the best ref in the league :psyduck:
46% percent of players are in favor of replay-reviewed decisions in certain situation
When asked who the most overrated player they played against last year, there was a three way tie for first with 8% each - Schelotto, Icardi and Balotelli (26% percent declined to comment)
18% of players think that Torino has the best fanbase in the league, followed by Atalanta with 14% and Samp an Genoa tied with 8% each.
32% of players surveyed wanted to be coached by Conte. Unfortunately they allowed you to pick your own manager for this one, so I think it's skewed, especially since 12% picked Allegri
44% of players said that Chiellini was the hardest defender to play against, which is massive imo.
34% of players think that if a player came out as gay that they would be treated differently in a locker room, and 34% also think that it would affect their careers.
6% of player said that they had a teammate come out to them as gay.

Just some poo poo to think about!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

is the sample size the entire league?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

mynameisjohn posted:

is the sample size the entire league?

Only 50 players, unfortunately. I wish they had gone bigger.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
After seeing those Dolce & Gabbana ads can't say I'm surprised.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's not our fault that most Italian men are good looking. Vanity is a curse we're forced to live with

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan - Udinese will not be played behind closed doors as the FIGC has suspended the sentence to consider the punishments further. Milan's lawyering is pretty good this season!

http://www.football-italia.net/40492/milan-udinese-ban-suspended

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

A group of Vicenza Ultras has released a statement asking all Vicenza supporters to stop referring to anyone on the pitch as poo poo or the league will shut down all of the toilets in the Curva. The same group has asked opposing fans not to refer to them as "polentoni" or "magnagatti" because that is gastronomic discrimination and could result in the closing of bars and restaurants near the Curva.

(in Italian) http://biancorossi.net/4853-la-crew-vicenza-siamo-tutti-criminali

:D

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Italian supporter protests are easily the best

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Bendtner :lol:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Knew he could do it :unsmith:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Shutting down the toilets is hilarious.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I never doubted him

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Could be bad news for Cagliari, Sau broke his nose yesterday and it may require surgery. He could be out for a while.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Could be bad news for Cagliari, Sau broke his nose yesterday and it may require surgery. He could be out for a while.

Was it in training? That's lovely, he's great.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan lost 3-0 to Caen, a side that is currently 7th in Ligue 2, today in a friendly in which about half of the first team took part in. Mexes, Zapata and Zaccardo were horrific, Niang was useless and Matri couldn't score a goal if the ball was already halfway across the line. The only thing that kept this from being a more embarrassing scoreline was Gabriel, who should be starting ahead of Abbiati at this rate. Saponara wasn't really terrible or good but he is wildly unfit and I see now why Birsa was playing ahead of him.

Allegri called out Niang without saying his name when he said after the name that "(one) cannot ask for more playing time when the chance comes and you put in a performance like this". For once he was right.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

was gonna post about Gabriel, he seems quality but hasnt Abbiati still been winning you guys a lot of points recently?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

mynameisjohn posted:

was gonna post about Gabriel, he seems quality but hasnt Abbiati still been winning you guys a lot of points recently?

lol what points

Seriously though, he's made some saves that have kept games from being embarrassing losses rather than standard losses. Nothing special and he's probably going to retire soon.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Niang has regressed soooo far it's crazy. He has no confidence when he plays and it's a shame. He was such a bright prospect, too. I mean he is still super young so hopefully he turns it around..

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Hegav posted:

GD, Matri for Boateng seems like a really poo poo switch in this posters opinion.

Gigi Galli posted:

I can't say I agree with you, really, but we'll see.

hmm, looks like im being vindicated??

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegav posted:

hmm, looks like im being vindicated??

Matri is the least of our problems, but I'll concede :negative:

grvm posted:

Niang has regressed soooo far it's crazy. He has no confidence when he plays and it's a shame. He was such a bright prospect, too. I mean he is still super young so hopefully he turns it around..

He'll leave and a better manager will turn him in to a world beater.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

He'll leave and a better manager will turn him in to a world beater.

yeah, Conte

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Not to defend Allegri too much (he's not bad but not at Milan's level anymore), but from and outside pov it looks like the team is playing against him. At the least he has lost control of the squad and many of his players are kinda doing what they want.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Not to defend Allegri too much (he's not bad but not at Milan's level anymore), but from and outside pov it looks like the team is playing against him. At the least he has lost control of the squad and many of his players are kinda doing what they want.

He's lost the teams respect, in my opinion. We also don't really have a talismanic player anymore. Abbiati is the oldest veteran of this side and he's never been the most vocal or a leader I think. Montolivo's a good captain but he's got a lot of time before everyone listens to what he says off the pitch, if he even says anything at all. Seedorf was the last player to really carry the squad mentally, and Ibra was the last with a really commanding presence. It's a bunch of "weak" minds from what I can gather.

Lichtsteiner's absence from the Swiss squad seems to have been enough to get him fit as he's reported as being ready to play against Fiorentina this weekend. Milan should have Kaka back but I doubt he plays. Zaccardo will probably start in defense which means we'll effectively start down 2 goals.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This is pretty stupid but I got a chuckle out of it, I don't watch the show I just like the name

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Lichtsteiner's absence from the Swiss squad seems to have been enough to get him fit as he's reported as being ready to play against Fiorentina this weekend.

<-- does a mini fist pump

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So I guess not a surprise anymore, but it's official - Inter is now 70% owned by Thohir.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

So I guess not a surprise anymore, but it's official - Inter is now 70% owned by Thohir.

AKA The new Monaco

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
So no more Moratti? no more Pirelli?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

El Hefe posted:

So no more Moratti? no more Pirelli?

Moratti's still got a 30% stake. That's a good question about the Pirelli sponsor though, if that changes that'll be the weirdest looking poo poo. I think I was 10 the last time it wasn't them.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

AKA The new Monaco

Nah, Monaco has also a priviledged tax situation. It will be no less and no more than with Moratti.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Nah, Monaco has also a priviledged tax situation. It will be no less and no more than with Moratti.

I think in January or maybe next summer he might sign a marquee player or two but I think you're right. He seems like much more like the American that owns a piece of Arsenal than one of the Sheiks.

He does own the majority share in an MLS team but since the rules are so loving weird over (t)here I don't know if he even can pour money in to them even if he wanted to.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I dont' know if any of you watched the Italy match but Balotelli and Insigne were both fantastic. Astori gave away two goals and Marchetti didn't really help his case with the national side. I don't know what it is with him, he's average to bad when he plays for Italy but he's a superman when he plays for Lazio. It's not like Lazio has a wall of defenders either.

E: Astori post game: "We made a lot of mistakes in the opening 20...a lot of misplaced passes....I'm happy to have put in a good performance"

You did nothing of the sort you turd, and you made a lot of mistakes.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 15, 2013

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Super loving pumped for Fiorentina vs Juventus. It sucks that Gomez can't play, but at least he should be back for Milan. The way Rossi has been playing though should make for some great play.

Especially since a lot of the main injured players are back. Fiorentina is nowhere near the same without Cuadrado running around like a loving cheetah.

Is Pizzaro suspended or not? I don't recall if he got a red card last game or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I think I read that Pizzaro isn't suspended, but he might miss the game due to injury.

• Locked thread