Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
So how long until we start seeing gestalt evolutions of Mega evolved pokemon?

Where is my Voltron pokemon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

They could just hand wave Mega Evolutions as a man-made stone/device engineered to push Pokemon to the next level unnaturally.

Katsuya
Aug 15, 2013
Zigzagoon literally zig zags when he uses Tackle. It's adorable.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Man, the worst part of getting this game early is there's absolutely no info up on the usual places. I need to know if there's really a Pikachu in these woods or if I'm wasting my time!

... Dressing up is awesome and I'm more excited to go to a new town for their clothing stores than their gym.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Ville Valo posted:

Man, the worst part of getting this game early is there's absolutely no info up on the usual places. I need to know if there's really a Pikachu in these woods or if I'm wasting my time!

... Dressing up is awesome and I'm more excited to go to a new town for their clothing stores than their gym.

Yes. Pikachu is available in Santalune Forest.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The Leper Colon V posted:

:objection:

Mawile actually has several very good sets in NU. (Mostly buff and utility.) The surprise factor might just be enough to keep them afloat in higher tiers.

Mega Mawile will not be NU, however. And regular Mawile is going to be pretty awful in other tiers even with its new typing because it's so frail.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rudoku posted:

If Game Freak wanted, they can just leave Mega stones in Gen 6. They did it to the Berserk Gene.
Which really sucks, because it'd have interesting interactions with certain abilities. (Would Own Tempo keep it from going off, or would Own Tempo Spinda be usable? Would Tangled Feet Dodrio see some use in NU?)

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I want a Mega Snorlax, drat it.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Mega Houndoom is loving hardcore literal satan dog and mega manentric is so goddamn doofy I still can't stop laughing

PumpkinBat
Oct 22, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Where is my Voltron pokemon?

It's Barbaracle.

In other news, Clefable is now apparently pure Fairy.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The roller blades equipping by themselves just because I prefer using the circle pad is pretty drat annoying.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Apr 3, 2014

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
Goddamnit. I really want a physical copy, but nowhere near me is doing a midnight release. I have the space for the digital DL, but something about that just feels "wrong", I guess. I don't know what to do, ugh.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

jymbojones posted:

Goddamnit. I really want a physical copy, but nowhere near me is doing a midnight release. I have the space for the digital DL, but something about that just feels "wrong", I guess. I don't know what to do, ugh.

I suspect the 'wrongness' of owning a digital copy might diminish once you're actually playing the game.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
If a Shiny Mega Alakazam doesn't have Forks I'm gonna consider this game a failure

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
On a different tack: if you are planning on picking up the game off the eShop tonight, for the love of god, put money in your account right now. People are going to be flooding not just the download servers but the account servers come midnight to download this thing, and you can take care of step one right now if you don't have $40 ready to go already. Do yourself a favor and get your money in place now, while the stress on the account servers isn't too severe.

Meanwhile, oh my god I need an Abra and a Houndour stat :3: gently caress I am getting Pokemon hype I have not felt this in a decade I just turned thirty what the hell is wrong with me and why am I admitting this on an internet forum.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

On a different tack: if you are planning on picking up the game off the eShop tonight, for the love of god, put money in your account right now. People are going to be flooding not just the download servers but the account servers come midnight to download this thing, and you can take care of step one right now if you don't have $40 ready to go already. Do yourself a favor and get your money in place now, while the stress on the account servers isn't too severe.

Meanwhile, oh my god I need an Abra and a Houndour stat :3: gently caress I am getting Pokemon hype I have not felt this in a decade I just turned thirty what the hell is wrong with me and why am I admitting this on an internet forum.

I think most of us are adults. You are (not) alone.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Red/Blue came out in the 3rd grade for me and therefore only people my age (+-1 year) are allowed to enjoy this game appropriately. Hope this helps.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Dracula Factory posted:

Red/Blue came out in the 3rd grade for me and therefore only people my age (+-1 year) are allowed to enjoy this game appropriately. Hope this helps.

This raises an interesting question. What do kids just getting into the franchise now think of the older Pokemon vs. the new ones?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Edit: I'm a dumb, sorry.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 11, 2013

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

I have a couple of 10 year old cousins and they love the poo poo out of Skylanders but are barely aware of Pokemon at all, though they recognise Pikachu. They could well be in the minority though.

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Slate Action posted:

This raises an interesting question. What do kids just getting into the franchise now think of the older Pokemon vs. the new ones?

My friend's daughter is seven or so. She got a DS and Pokemon White recently and thinks they're all awesome. :unsmith:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
A Farfetch'd just wasted the majority of my pokeballs and two great balls. Catch rate 45 in a low level route. :argh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Slate Action posted:

According to my little cousins:

"FROGGIE FROGGIE I WANT A FROGGIE"

and

"LOOKIT THE GOAT GOATS ARE COOL, UNCLE OLEG HAS A GOAT HE LET ME MILK"

are the main sentiments.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Wish I lived near a store that broke street dates... :(

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Wish I lived near a store that broke street dates... :(

It's a shame that digital download orders can't be streetbroken :negative:

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
Since I am on vacation until the end of the month, is there anything in White 2 that I should do before picking up a copy of the new game? Anything that gets traded forward or is otherwise useful? Prior to White 2 the only other pokemon I have is Blue.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
ATTN: Previous Jesus

Let me get your email address so I can upgrade your account to Platimun for that Shiny Dialga you traded me! (Thanks again bro)

(Sorry for posting here, couldn't figure out a better way to go about doing this.)

Edit:

Desperate Character posted:

It's a shame that digital download orders can't be streetbroken :negative:

Nintendo loving us again.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I was 11 when I first got Pokemon Blue for Christmas. I don't think I've been this excited to play a Pokemon game since then.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I want a Mega Snorlax, drat it.

Fucker would slowly wheel on out in a Rascal mobility scooter before opening up a bucket of fried chicken and eating it in front of it's opponent, staring defiantly the whole time. Any attempts to dislodge the bucket would result in instant death.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Octolady posted:

I have a couple of 10 year old cousins and they love the poo poo out of Skylanders but are barely aware of Pokemon at all, though they recognise Pikachu. They could well be in the minority though.

I have a set of twin cousins that just turned 11 like 2 weeks ago. They are hype as poo poo about it and when I saw them last month they talked to me about "advanced" pokemon stuff for like 3 hours. I love those little shits. For some perspective, I'm 29 (30 soon :( )

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So what hair colors are available? If you can turn your hair green, then you just need two Meowstic (one of each gender) and a Skarmory and you can pretend to be the pilot of Cybuster. :v:

Man, the next ten hours are gonna be a hell of a wait.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
From the looks of it, Team Flare's AI is so bad that it's actually difficult to die to any member of it.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

ATTN: Previous Jesus

Let me get your email address so I can upgrade your account to Platimun for that Shiny Dialga you traded me! (Thanks again bro)

(Sorry for posting here, couldn't figure out a better way to go about doing this.)

It's msavery4@gmail.com. Thanks!

e:

ChibiSoma posted:

Man, the next ten hours are gonna be a hell of a wait.

Yeah, I know. I can at least occupy them by doing all the homework I have this weekend so once I get the games I can just play them without having to worry about it.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Apr 3, 2014

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Man the game isn't even officially released yet and I've already caught a shiny, gold horns Skiddo is pretty balling. What a shame I'll never use him though.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
All pokemon are good and awesome.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Livingtrope posted:

All pokemon are good and awesome.

Luvdisc. :colbert:

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Flopsy posted:

Fucker would slowly wheel on out in a Rascal mobility scooter before opening up a bucket of fried chicken and eating it in front of it's opponent, staring defiantly the whole time. Any attempts to dislodge the bucket would result in instant death.

I kinda pictured Mega Snorlax being the Anti-Snorlax with some sort of ability that "wakes" him up, increases his agility rapidly, and gives him a new moveset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Apr 3, 2014

• Locked thread