Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Talmonis posted:

What kind of base stats does Auroros have? I really want to use it, but god it's defense types are terrible.

I can't give you base stats, but here are the stats of mine at level 79 (with a hasty nature and its EVs mostly in the special stats):

HP: 309
Attack: 163
Defence: 135
Sp. Attack: 198
Sp. Defence: 176
Speed: 144

Its a special sponge, which sucks because its typing means fighting and steel attacks murder it. You also get it just before the fighting gym, so it has to sit that one out. But stick with it (and give it leftovers) and it becomes a good wee special sweeper that can tank hits (that aren't fighting or steel type). It probably won't be getting into OU anytime soon though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Woohoo! Thanks, you guys!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Do you get both the new fossils, or is it same old same old pick one, leave the other forever? Also how early is the fighting gym? I just want a T-rex drat it.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Synchronoise BP up to 120 from 70.

Wow they actually made it useful.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

No More Toast posted:

I've heard rumours that the shiny rate has dropped this gen. Does anyone know if this is true? Or is there really no way of telling yet?

Um where'd you hear that? Because in the past week I've seen at least one hundred posts about already finding/hatching shinies in X/Y. If anything it was raised.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So is there a easy way to trade from Black and White to X and Y if you only have one 3DS ?

Also who else is getting both because they couldn't decide which one to get.:v:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

dylan14 posted:

So is there a easy way to trade from Black and White to X and Y if you only have one 3DS ?

I assume you just put the gen 5 cartridge in the 3DS, activate Pokemon Transfer when it comes out, send the pokemon to the Bank, and put them into your X/Y copy from there.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

dylan14 posted:

Pokemon bank is the only way you can generation transfer this time around, which only requires one 3ds. But you have to wait till December.

Also yeah I'm getting both because I'm weak and the store near here broke street date but Best Buy is refusing to give me my pre-bought copy.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

dylan14 posted:

Yes, the only way.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

dylan14 posted:

They are releasing a online pokemon box app that lets you transfer from B&W.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

dylan14 posted:

There's no way for DS and 3DS games to interact so you're gonna have to wait til december when the Pokebank app rolls out. It has a transfer feature for Gen 5 games (Just dump a box at a time to the bank and then you can pull them down into X/Y). It's $5 a year but the first month is free so do all your transferring then if $5 is too much to have essentially unlimited storage that connects to multiple saves/copies of X/Y.

This image is going around /vp/ right now. Apparently these are some moves Clawitzer learns by move relearned

Boosted Heal Pulse AND Aura Sphere. Doubles Champ.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 11, 2013

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There's no way for DS and 3DS games to interact so you're gonna have to wait til december when the Pokebank app rolls out.

While not the question asked, I'm almost certain a 3DS can interact with a DS for any of the DS games. (So if you have a 3DS and DS you can trade with yourself for gen 4 & 5 )

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm a game dev and I'm usually against armchair programming analysis, but what exactly about this seems so complicated? Just having a model follow behind you is pretty simple, ESPECIALLY since they decided to force a tile system instead of going full 3D movement.
I would imagine the battle models are higher-quality than the ones for the overworld, so you've doubled the number of models you need to store.

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm honestly surprised they didn't use the 3D jump as an excuse to reboot the series and pokemon count.
Have you seen the amount of bile that gets hurled at me whenever I suggest merely breaking connectivity between one generation and the next, Gen III-style? Outright removing Pokémon would be classed as a hate crime.

Arkanterian
Oct 1, 2013
Anybody tried out that Super Training stuff already?

Seems nice, but will it be worth it, is it supposed to replace, or suplement EV's...

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Ahahaha that Werster guy who's streaming X and Y just ran into the trainer with the level 49 Goodra. At first he thought it was Amoura or whatever it's called, but when it wasn't weak to fighting he was like "Oh, that looks like my Sliggoo. Level 49, I'm getting close!" :unsmigghh:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

While not the question asked, I'm almost certain a 3DS can interact with a DS for any of the DS games. (So if you have a 3DS and DS you can trade with yourself for gen 4 & 5 )

Yeah that's true but that's a DS game talking to a DS game. The issue with the X/Y stuff is it's a 3DS game talking to a DS game which, according to some, isn't gonna work without an intermediary, which is where the Pokemon Bank/Transporter comes into play.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Previous Jesus posted:

Ahahaha that Werster guy who's streaming X and Y just ran into the trainer with the level 49 Goodra. At first he thought it was Amoura or whatever it's called, but when it wasn't weak to fighting he was like "Oh, that looks like my Sliggoo. Level 49, I'm getting close!" :unsmigghh:

Has it been confirmed that Sliggoo doesn't evolve into Goodra until level 70? There's nothing else that can be done?

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This image is going around /vp/ right now. Apparently these are some moves Clawitzer learns by move relearned

I can confirm this is true. I currently use Calwitzer and had to do a double take when I took it to the move relearner.

I have a question, if anyone knows: is Noibat in Victory Road? I can't find one anywhere. I'm not sure if it's a regular encounter or a "surprise" encounter (it falls off the ceiling on top of you).

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Slate Action posted:

Has it been confirmed that Sliggoo doesn't evolve into Goodra until level 70? There's nothing else that can be done?

I don't think it's been "confirmed" but since no one has brought up evidence to the contrary I'm pretty sure it's just level 70. Plus it'd be out of place for the pseudolegendary to have an unusual evolution method.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The Event Torchic, is it possible to soft reset for a good Nature with it in any way shape or form? I'm not entirely clear on how that works.

DheeradjS posted:

Anybody tried out that Super Training stuff already?

Seems nice, but will it be worth it, is it supposed to replace, or suplement EV's...

Super Training raises EVs. That's all it does.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

HeyItsAyls posted:

I can confirm this is true. I currently use Calwitzer and had to do a double take when I took it to the move relearner.

Well I know who I'm adding to my Doubles Squad.

Soilmate
Feb 18, 2013

Pyrocat
Oct 31, 2006
not a furry
good lord in heaven

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
We're gonna need some stats and ability on that pronto, mister.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Use [timg] instead of [img]

edit: There ya go. Also, wowzers.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Soilmate posted:

no clue how to resize

Add "l" or "h" on to the end of the imgur url http://i.imgur.com/fjznnufl.jpg

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
HUH. I just got an email from Amazon saying that my pre-order shipped? I don't remember doing that. Well hey, new Pokemon game!

It's not new avatar time yet, though I do have an idea for the next Shuckle av.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That is the coolest goddamn thing I have ever seen and he is on my team immediately.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Guys, I'm getting worried. All these new mega-evolutions are being found but still no sign of Mega Marowak :(

Mega Scizor is neat though.

Soilmate
Feb 18, 2013

Ability is still Technician.

Arkanterian
Oct 1, 2013
drat, That's a beauty.

Rude Lion Guns
May 7, 2008

Are those... chainsaw arms? :getin:

Also: anyone in the NYC area who has found a store selling the games early? Tryna find them before I go out of town this weekend. :ohdear:

Bummey
May 26, 2004

IMPORTANT: IS THERE A MEGA SHUCKLE?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I have a green Vivillon. Any idea how that corresponds to the country chart that was going around?

oh I should probably clarify I'm in the UK

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
:swoon:
Its feet are weird, but those chainsaw arms!

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

Rude Lion Guns posted:

Are those... chainsaw arms? :getin:

Also: anyone in the NYC area who has found a store selling the games early? Tryna find them before I go out of town this weekend. :ohdear:

http://videogamesnewyork.com/

this is usually the place for early games in NYC. It might be sold out already.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Soilmate posted:

Mega Scizor

:syoon:

Giant clamp claws! Wanna see a full body shot, its legs are a funky shape. All of my worries just got wiped away. Mega Scizor's baller as hell!

E: Just saw the second image. Legs definitely funky, but it works! It's like one step away from just being a giant robot design!

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 11, 2013

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Bummey posted:

IMPORTANT: IS THERE A MEGA SHUCKLE?

TRICK QUESTION

Shuckle is already mega

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

TheEggsBenedict posted:

:swoon:
Its feet are weird, but those chainsaw arms!

It's a natural evolution of the feet, really. Scizor already had some pointy heels, in becoming more elegant and powerful its feet have become 100% heel.

Also screw type balance, Mega Scizor is on my team immediately.

Edit: Wait, is this one of the post-game Mega Stones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Okay, Mega-Scizor is both loving awesome and a logical progression from his base form; he looks even more like a bug-robot now. Very nice.

• Locked thread