Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Is there anywhere that goes into detail about the postgame content, like what Battle Tower or Subway or PWT-esque poo poo unlocks later on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Saw this on Tumblr. The best horde in the game?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Gonna keep soft resetting until I get a shiny Tyrunt. I have plenty of time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Haha they don't even look like a stampede or anything, they just seem confused to be there, I love it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Solus posted:

You...do know how low the Shiny odds are right?

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Captain Oblivious posted:

Shiny odds are only low if you're not very dedicated.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 3, 2014

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

PLENTY. OF. TIME

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Saw this on Tumblr. The best horde in the game?

That is surprisingly scary looking.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Solus posted:

How do you get a Tyrunt to begin with?

Is there a list of friend codes somewhere for this?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Comrade Flynn posted:

All my pokemon are in the level 20-30 range at the moment. It's between the first and second gym. Its pretty obvious where it's going to be looking at the town.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Comrade Flynn posted:

Check the second post of the pokemon trading thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3574421

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

The new trading thread is basically nothing but people screaming their friend codes at one another.
My FC gives out Spritzee to all you X players.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Comrade Flynn posted:

Right here.

Still haven't gotten a copy for myself yet; I pre-ordered both versions from the Gamestop in the building where I work, so I'm going to be picking them up tomorrow after work. (Maybe during work if I can swing it so I take my break when Gamestop opens...)

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

I said come in! posted:

That is surprisingly scary looking.

It looks like one of those glitched screenshots of every NPC in a game going into that 'T-pose'.

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Denn du bist was du isst, und ihr wisst was es ist.

Solus posted:

PLENTY. OF. TIME

Do you even know when the game determines its shininess? For all we know it's when you get the fossil.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Der Metzgermeister posted:

Do you even know when the game determines its shininess? For all we know it's when you get the fossil.

Wasn't it traditionally just when you give them the fossil to revive? I can't imagine they'd change that.

I'm actually considering resetting to get a shiny Chespin, just for the novelty of having a shiny starter. I haven't decided if I hate myself that much or not, yet.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

If you want to get really specific, if it's still a 1-in-8192 chance of getting a shiny, and you generate 8192 random Tyrunts, there's still about a 36.8% chance you still won't have generated a shiny.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

JackGeneric posted:

If you want to get really specific, if it's still a 1-in-8192 chance of getting a shiny, and you generate 8192 random Tyrunts, there's still about a 36.8% chance you still won't have generated a shiny.

On the other hand, the very next one could be shiny!!

but it won't be. sorry.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I can't wait until someone finds out they have a Dragon-type Friend Safari and become the pokemon prom queen.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

JackGeneric posted:

Or based on all the rumors circling /vp/ and the like the rarity of a shiny was lessened. It sounds probable, but who knows.

I want to BELIEVE.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Man, I've been playing these games since the very beginning and I have found all of zero shiny pokemon.

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Wasn't it traditionally just when you give them the fossil to revive? I can't imagine they'd change that.

I have no idea. I was just throwing that out there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Man, I've been playing these games since the very beginning and I have found all of zero shiny pokemon.

I've played literally every Pokemon and never seen one either, yeah.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Brett824 posted:

Shiny odds are only low if you're not very dedicated.

My brother said he was going to keep hatching chikoritas until he got a shiny one.

About a week and 200 eggs later he gave up.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The only shiny I've ever seen is Bianca's Lillipup in the Black 2 catch-a-Pokémon tutorial :smith:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

3 for me. Shiny Banette, Tentacool, and a Bulbasaur.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ImpAtom posted:

I found one once. In Pearl I think. I traded in that and Black long ago though. RIP. Anyway it was a shiny Q Unown. So like not even a GOOD letter

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

I still remember the time one goon (Reinanigans, maybe?) reset for ages to get a shiny Rayquaza. When they finally managed the thread was basically a party for a bit. They even got a custom avatar out of it.

Inspector Zenigata posted:

Fossils aren't like eggs; the pokemon differ significantly when you soft reset before you revive them. If you were to hypothetically soft reset enough times, any fossil could be shiny.

Ah, okay then. I must have been thinking of eggs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

3 for me. Shiny Banette, Tentacool, and a Bulbasaur.

Well la-de-da Professor Shinybucks, maybe you should share that with the rest of us! :argh:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I've found 3 shinies. My first was a shiny Skunky in Diamond. The second was a Buizel on Route 11 in White.
The last one was another Buizel in the exact same area on Route 11 the next day. It was bizarre.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's because you didn't WANT it enough. YOU'RE NOT HARDCORE. :black101:

In all seriousness, you're probably in the majority. I've played all 6 generations, and sometimes multiple games per generation and I've found *1*. A shiny Zubat on my 2nd playthrough of Pearl.

Probability is a bitch.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

My first non-scripted shiny was a Caterpie in FireRed. Of course, one of my sisters deleted the save file. Also had a shiny Eevee that I had chained in Pearl. It just kinda vanished off the face of the earth, somehow.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I found one in crystal but I was a kid and didn't know anything aobut it so I killed it :saddowns:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
40 soft resets down.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

RuBisCO posted:

I can't wait until someone finds out they have a Dragon-type Friend Safari and become the pokemon prom queen.

Personally I want to get the three starters in friend safari - even if they're normal ability (there might be a way to get them with their hidden ability still, its early days) they can be caught in any pokeball. Gonna have me a Great ball Venusaur.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I got a Shiny Fraxure and I think I traded it away to someone in this thread for a Lvl. 1 Chimchar that has since languished pointlessly on my White 2 cart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

ImpAtom posted:

I caught a red gyarados once :haw:

That was it. I've never seen another shiny.

• Locked thread