Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Of my friend list (which got amazingly buffed thanks to the other thread), fifteen people are in the eShop right now (fourteen of them goons). Is it any surprise that thing crashed?

(It should also be noted that pretty much every single other online person I have is already playing Pokemon. I think we all want the same thing here)

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...

Orchids! posted:

Confirmed in the last thread, I believe. Trade an NPC for any pokemon

Good luck getting the eShop to work, you guys.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yes, you trade your rival anything you want for it.

Great, glad to hear. Froakie / Bulbasaur / Torchic all the way, then.

Inspector Zenigata posted:

How do you tell how close it is to being done?

Where in the process are you? Before downloading, no idea. If "Download Now", the box fills up over time, indicating progress. If "Download Later", select the present box on the Home Menu to see a percentage.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I forgot how infuriating the download screen was.

It's even worse if you have it set to Download Later. Ever time you open it back up, that empty present is mocking you.

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
Feeling pretty lovely since my friends left to our gamestop but "oh we can't take you but we can bring you back your copy!!" one friend doesn't even have a 3ds. :( I told them no since I wanted to get the torchic, but I've been in a bad mood ever since.

Hope all of your downloads work great, guys.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

SO what nature should I get on froakie

I was thinking prolly timid or modest

It's attack is higher than it's Sp. Attack, isn't it?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Torchic can be downloaded anywhere, not just Gamestop.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
I feel really dumb, but I was positive that the eShop price was cheaper than the physical. I wish I got the physical now, since I'm filling up the SD card my 3DS came with and I can't move my Animal Crossing save ever. :( I'm a dummy.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
So tempted to download X and go pick up the physical Y box tomorrow... I can even charge my card for the exact amount. It'd be so nifty!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

JackDarko posted:

I'm stuck trying to add funds to my drat account

:negative:

Just got my tax added to my funds and I am downloading now. Keep trying! And gently caress you Arizona and your stupid online tax.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

JackDarko posted:

Same ugh

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah I know but it's easier and I just wanted to go to the release, but I would have no way of getting back. Which is why it stung when my friends were going but "we don't have room for you but we can get your game" because I wanted to talk to people about stuff. Instead I've just been sitting at home trying not to cry and failing.

Anyway hopefully the download issues work out!

Nevileen fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 12, 2013

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

JackDarko posted:

Same here. Errors over and over again.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

What does this mean? How do you download a pokemon?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

nutranurse posted:

Woop! Download ahoy! I saved up a bunch of fancy whiskey for tonight.

I got x. X is the version with the cotton candy dog, right?

Yes, but you have to trade it to get it to evolve into pudding pug.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Eventually the errors stopped for me and I was able to add funds. Now I get to wake up early tomorrow and rush to the bank to deposit the money i didn't have in my banking account.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
Download is chugging along. Here's hoping that Comcast doesn't poo poo the bed tonight (I've had internet problems exclusively on Friday and Saturday nights for the last 2 months).

I'll post how long the DL took me when it finishes. I'm probably not sleeping tonight.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is there an online strategy guide you can buy that is searchable?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

tonic316 posted:

Just got my tax added to my funds and I am downloading now. Keep trying! And gently caress you Arizona and your stupid online tax.
Look at this guy who was honest to the eShop instead of moving to Delaware. :3

ohjoshdarnit
Nov 2, 2005
Adventurer

Abundant Atrophy posted:

So tempted to download X and go pick up the physical Y box tomorrow... I can even charge my card for the exact amount. It'd be so nifty!

I am planning to do this. I can't resist.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can't even get on the eshop. :(

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

tonic316 posted:

GOD drat TAX!!! Have to add funds to cover tax and it keeps erroring out.

JackDarko posted:

I warned you people literally all drat day. You have nobody to blame but yourselves. :colbert:

Meanwhile, legitimate tax-free Oregon resident :getin:

Also the download seems to be taking a while, I'm guessing I ain't gonna get to play this for another half hour or so :v:

EDIT:

JackDarko posted:

Should I keep trying to add funds or just give up for a while? It's not even trying to do it now, it only spins for a few seconds and spits out the error.

You are probably not going to be able to do anything for at least an hour or two. Just gotta be patient at this point.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Should I keep trying to add funds or just give up for a while? It's not even trying to do it now, it only spins for a few seconds and spits out the error

EDIT: I have learned my lesson, I promise.

ohjoshdarnit
Nov 2, 2005
Adventurer

Comrade Flynn posted:

Select mystery gift at the menu when you have a wi-fi connection and you will get it. Same feature was in black and white.

JackDarko posted:

Should I keep trying to add funds or just give up for a while? It's not even trying to do it now, it only spins for a few seconds and spits out the error.

No keep trying! You'll get through.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Comrade Flynn posted:

Select Mystery Gift at the startup menu, there's some postman NPC to talk to, you can even reset if you save right before talking to him to farm better stats and poo poo for the Torchic. It comes with its megastone.

Majin
Apr 15, 2003

Ugh knew I should have pre-loaded funds. Keep getting an error when trying to do it now

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

I warned you people literally all drat day. You have nobody to blame but yourselves. :colbert:

Meanwhile, legitimate tax-free Oregon resident :getin:

Also the download seems to be taking a while, I'm guessing I ain't gonna get to play this for another half hour or so :v:

Yes and I added the funds but totally forgot about tax.

JackDarko posted:

Keep trying. Took about 7 tries for me to get through.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Look at this guy who was honest to the eShop instead of moving to Delaware. :3

If I knew how to say I lived in Delaware or some other non tax state I would.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Also I swear to god Amazon I paid for one day shipping and you've been at 'shipping now' all day, if I don't have Pokemon tomorrow heads will roll like voltorbs.

I mean I'm going to blow up Amazon.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Does anyone else have an error code pop up while downloading for a few minutes?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Also I swear to god Amazon I paid for one day shipping and you've been at 'shipping now' all day, if I don't have Pokemon tomorrow heads will roll like voltorbs.

Pretty sure UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

JackDarko posted:

Should I keep trying to add funds or just give up for a while? It's not even trying to do it now, it only spins for a few seconds and spits out the error

EDIT: I have learned my lesson, I promise.

Don't give up, the errors are annoying but the shop isn't actually dying, so you should get through sooner rather than later.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

My download is going at a decent rate. Roughly 40% done I'd say. I should be playing it within the hour!

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

Majin posted:

Ugh knew I should have pre-loaded funds. Keep getting an error when trying to do it now

I added funds about 30mins ago, but was $10 short because I'm dumb and thought the game was $30. It took me about 7 tries, but it finally went through, and is downloading now.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
Download faster you piece of poo poo I need my cute monsters.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah, technically everybody "pays" online taxes as far as I know. Just some states make you auto-pay them rather than "report them later when you pay your taxes". So, just as a thing, it might be helpful to "move" to one of those latter category of states before making digital purchases unless you super love your old state and think it super deserves that $1 or whatever for when you "move" back. This is especially important if you aren't using a credit card and thought two $20 prepaid things would have you covered for this when they totally won't.

I totally won't rat on you for doing such a thing when years later you decide to run for public office, I swear.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

DoctorStrangelove posted:

My download is going at a decent rate. Roughly 40% done I'd say. I should be playing it within the hour!

Wait how the hell do you tell?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

tonic316 posted:

Pretty sure UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays.

I coulda sworn it was just Sundays.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I cannot quantify just how much irrational hatred that orange download box is drawing out of me. Like it's not even that the download speed is slow or anything, I'm like 1/4th orange by now. I don't mind not knowing the exact speed or anything and I'm in not that much of a hurry to play the game. It's just that, I mean, look at that loving thing.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Regy Rusty posted:

Don't give up, the errors are annoying but the shop isn't actually dying, so you should get through sooner rather than later.

I've gotten the error 005-6510 about 15 times now, but i'll keep trying.

thanks guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You're probably hosed. Monday is a holiday.
I canceled when my Prime shipping only guaranteed a Thursday delivery.

• Locked thread