Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Comrade Flynn posted:

Wait how the hell do you tell?

It fills the game icon up with some orange fluid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

jymbojones posted:

Download is chugging along. Here's hoping that Comcast doesn't poo poo the bed tonight (I've had internet problems exclusively on Friday and Saturday nights for the last 2 months).

I'll post how long the DL took me when it finishes. I'm probably not sleeping tonight.

I really wish the eShop had a progress bad or something. This is the worst download screen I've ever seen.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Some random Japanese person traded with me in the middle of a gym and gave me their Furfrou thing for my lovely bug thing. Pretty dope that you can just trade on the fly with 'passerbys'.

Jun 23, 2010

Mondlicht posted:

I feel really dumb, but I was positive that the eShop price was cheaper than the physical. I wish I got the physical now, since I'm filling up the SD card my 3DS came with and I can't move my Animal Crossing save ever. :( I'm a dummy.

poo poo, so we can never switch out our sd cards ever? :(

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Decus posted:

Yeah, technically everybody "pays" online taxes as far as I know. Just some states make you auto-pay them rather than "report them later when you pay your taxes". So, just as a thing, it might be helpful to "move" to one of those latter category of states before making digital purchases unless you super love your old state and think it super deserves that $1 or whatever for when you "move" back. This is especially important if you aren't using a credit card and thought two $20 prepaid things would have you covered for this when they totally won't.

I totally won't rat on you for doing such a thing when years later you decide to run for public office, I swear.

I might have always bought and downloaded everything from New York, but I'm really, truly from Delaware, honest :patriot:

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...

Comrade Flynn posted:

Wait how the hell do you tell?

Mennonites Revenge posted:

Where in the process are you? Before downloading, no idea. If "Download Now", the box fills up over time, indicating progress. If "Download Later", select the present box on the Home Menu to see a percentage.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you put it to download later you can get a percentage. Of course that means you need to close your 3DS and keep yourself from checking it obsessively too often so it may not be that useful.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

tonic316 posted:

Pretty sure UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays.

I get poo poo from amazon on Saturday pretty frequently.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Eleeleth posted:

It's attack is higher than it's Sp. Attack, isn't it?

uh I thought he was Speed/Special but now Im not so sure and theres no pokedex updated to look it up? Someone help a frog brother out????

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

tonic316 posted:

I've downloaded half a dozen games and never noticed that. Jesus.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

uPen posted:

I get poo poo from amazon on Saturday pretty frequently.

Yea I don't order a ton but I'm almost positive I've gotten poo poo on Saturday and Sunday from them just fine.

Well now I'm all paranoid now :tinfoil:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

online posted:

You can. It's just not a great process and possible to gently caress up.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Well what the gently caress I just got another error code while trying to add funds and I got charged but I STILL GOT AN ERROR CODE and it didn't purchase the game, my funds on my 3ds are still the same from before as well. gently caress everything.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 3, 2014

Majin
Apr 15, 2003

Anyone else have the store lose their credit card info when it failed adding funds so now you hafta enter it everytime you try? Sigh

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

tonic316 posted:

If you're colorblind, good luck. I'm not and I can barely tell the orange from the pink.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

online posted:

You can, just have to put the sd card into a card reader on your computer if you have one. Once in, copy literally everything on the card and then copy it on a new card. I moved all my crap from the card that came with my 3ds xl and put it on a 32gb one.

EDIT: But yeah, be careful. Google around a bit before attempting.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 12, 2013

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I don't order a ton but I'm almost positive I've gotten poo poo on Saturday and Sunday from them just fine.

Well now I'm all paranoid now :tinfoil:

Sunday is a no-go, they typically handoff to USPS to make the actual delivery to your house and USPS doesn't do jack poo poo on Sunday.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was making progress with adding funds, now the 3ds wants me to turn off the system and try the eshop again. :(

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Inspector Zenigata posted:

I get packages on Saturdays all. the. time. Don't worry.

It'll be your head if I don't get it, then! :argh:

Mondlicht posted:

If you're colorblind, good luck. I'm not and I can barely tell the orange from the pink.

poo poo I'm not even colorblind and I never noticed this before

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I met a little girl about 10 or so who was fighting her dad in Pokemon on line at Gamestop. She was yelling "NO ONE BEATS MY MARILL!!!!" at dad and laughing insanely. I told her Marill becomes Water/Fairy and she did this big fistpump.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

nerdbot posted:

I met a little girl about 10 or so who was fighting her dad in Pokemon on line at Gamestop. She was yelling "NO ONE BEATS MY MARILL!!!!" at dad and laughing insanely. I told her Marill becomes Water/Fairy and she did this big fistpump.

You had an encounter with a real like Pokemon NPC trainer.

Did she have a brother who shouted about his shorts?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

uh I thought he was Speed/Special but now Im not so sure and theres no pokedex updated to look it up? Someone help a frog brother out????

Smogon estimates his stats as 80/90/75/100/75/120, so yeah, Special and Speed.

I'm an rear end in a top hat who always goes +High Attack Stat/-Non-Used Attack Stat, though I know Speed is often more important in actual competitive play. I just like big numbers and hitting things with those numbers.

EDIT: Actual, ignore me, apparently Water Shuriken is a physical move so maybe go with a +Speed/-One of the Defenses, since his defenses are crap anyway and then he can hit decently well with either type of attack? I don't know how to competitive play, actually, just ignore me entirely. I'll probably go Hasty, myself? Maybe? If I don't just go Adamant now.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 12, 2013

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

JackDarko posted:

I'm stuck trying to add funds to my drat account

:negative:

Check your bank, dudes. Mine's doing database maintenance right now and loving up my credit card access, so it might not be something on Nintendo's end.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Now I can't even get on the e-shop.

I get the 005-5699 error.

:EDIT: Alright I have Bank of America, tried my debit and credit. I'll check that now.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

nerdbot posted:

That's the most adorable thing I've heard this week.

Jun 23, 2010

Sleeping Sigma posted:

You can, just have to put the sd card into a card reader on your computer if you have one. Once in, copy literally everything on the card and then copy it on a new card. I moved all my crap from the card that came with my 3ds xl and put it on a 32gb one.

I mean in regards to save files via Animal Crossing and Pokemon X and Y.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!

nerdbot posted:

Aw how cute

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

My union is in the last day of negotiation before a strike right now so no buying Pokeymans for me.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Mondlicht posted:

It's a lot, a lot more obvious once the box really starts to fill.

nerdbot posted:

Kid's got a point, Marill/Azumarill is gonna be (comparatively) beast this gen, Huge Power plus Fairy typing = :stare: against dragons and darks. Getting to also poo poo all over Fire and Ground is a bonus.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
My event Torchic has been used exactly once, in one battle, in one turn and it's already gone up five levels. This EXP Share change is insane and awesome.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
E-Shop just erased my CC info, whataver I didn't wanna play tonight anyway

weird
Jun 4, 2012

by zen death robot

online posted:

I mean in regards to save files via Animal Crossing and Pokemon X and Y.

I think someone in the 3DS thread said that Animal Crossing keeps track of the last save you loaded, so you can't back up a save and try to go back to it later or something. Just copying over everything to a new card still works.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

E-Shop just erased my CC info, whataver I didn't wanna play tonight anyway

Same here.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

PonchAxis posted:

Well what the gently caress I just got another error code while trying to add funds and I got charged but I STILL GOT AN ERROR CODE and it didn't purchase the game, my funds on my 3ds are still the same from before as well. gently caress everything.

This has happened to me before with Wii U DLC. (and happened to me again tonight.) You are just going to have to watch it the next few days and call your bank if the charge goes through that didn't purchase a game. Did you get an address error?

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 3, 2014

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

nerdbot posted:

Yo midnight releaserees let's hear more stories about the kids cause kids are awesome

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I'm so glad I made the decision at around 20 minutes before release to add $50 to my 3ds wallet.

Jun 23, 2010

VanillaKid posted:

Just copying over everything to a new card still works.

Oh okay, thanks for the info. I was starting to get worried because I planned on upgrading my sd card eventually.

Pokemon X is a little more than halfway done downloading. The bf is currently playing GTA V so we'll both be playing new games tonight :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
It took 42 tries, but I did it.

Thanks for helping me out through my complaining guys.

• Locked thread