Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Spacebump posted:

This has happened to me before with Wii U DLC. (and happened to me again tonight.) You are just going to have to watch it the next few days and call your bank if the charge goes through that didn't purchase a game. Did you get an address error?

I just called my bank to give them a heads up about it and I'll be calling nintendo tomorrow in the morning to tell them as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got the game purchased finally, but now it wont download.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

It is finished.

It begins.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I see some talk about it but has there been actual confirmation it uses the Animal Crossing style system handshake for saves?

VVVVVVVV There are two versions for a reason dude.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds
I have a 3DS loaded with money intended for insane lawyers and a physical pre-order that due to work schedules, terrible store hours and Monday holidays I may not be able to pick up until Tuesday.

Help me not do something really stupid here.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

I have a 3DS loaded with money intended for insane lawyers and a physical pre-order that due to work schedules, terrible store hours and Monday holidays I may not be able to pick up until Tuesday.

Help me not do something really stupid here.

Lawyers are more important than colorful animals. Just repeat that to yourself.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

finally tried again and had no issue adding funds and starting download now.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Who the hell needs sleep when you have pokemon and caffeine?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I've been at 19% for the last 30 minutes :negative:

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
I finished downloading! I haven't been this excited in a long time

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Desperate Character posted:

I've been at 19% for the last 30 minutes :negative:

How can you tell?

edit: wait, poo poo, the block thing fills in over time doesn't it? I never noticed that before.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 12, 2013

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Denn du bist was du isst, und ihr wisst was es ist.

Inspector Zenigata posted:

I'm sure they'll come through. Next day shipping is the poo poo; when I order my medicine online, I usually order next day on Thursday night, it ships Friday, I get one notification when it gets to Tennessee a few hours after it ships, then nothing at all until it's within ten miles of where I live. It's in my hands two hours after that, one Saturday a month. It always makes me anxious, even though I know that it happens the exact same way every time. Good luck!

On the other hand, UPS's Saturday shipping is an option, and Amazon seems to not always offer it. I'm not sure if it's dependent on location or item, though.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
About 50% done. Dammit Nintendo, Fire Emblem downloaded twice as fast as this. :argh:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
HERE WE GO MOTHERFUCKERS DOWNLOAD COMPLETE>

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds
I know nothing about downloads and as such should keep my metaphorical mouth shut

H.R. Hufflepuff fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 12, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

About 50% done. Dammit Nintendo, Fire Emblem downloaded twice as fast as this. :argh:

Fire Emblem's also half the size. :ssh:

Argh stuck at 80%-ish download faster :argh:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Haha, man, this is taking a while to download, but it IS downloading. :v: I can only imagine what the eShop server farm is like right now. Hopefully I get to play before midnight.

Neo_Crimson posted:

FEA was also, amazingly, half this game's size. (EDIT: DAMMIT BADINGADING) Just to give you an idea of how big it's likely to be.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

Well this game has a bigger filesize. I'm FINALLY downloading the game. I'm really excited to play this, first time playing pokemon since Sapphire.

Jun 23, 2010

gently caress you guys, I'm still on 92%!!! :(

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

FEA was also, amazingly, half this game's size. (EDIT: DAMMIT BADINGADING) Just to give you an idea of how big it's likely to be.

That doesn't actually say much! Skyrim was half the size of Bioshock Infinite. Last of Us was four times as big as the PC version, even (for some reason). There's probably more stuff going on behind the hood of X/Y is all.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 3, 2014

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Out of curiosity, was there ever a rough comparison has to how many people were doing X vs Y? According to Amazon X is in the lead, I suppose since its legendary is less ridiculous looking.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Got my physical copy, there were maybe 30 people at my local gamestop. Soft resetting for a female Fennekin as I type.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

online posted:

gently caress you guys, I'm still on 92%!!! :(

I'm on whatever % orange just over the top of the icon is. I'd set it to download later and check actual percentages but that's errored out a few times already :(

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
100%! Here we go! :neckbeard:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

SpaceDrake posted:

Haha, man, this is taking a while to download, but it IS downloading. :v: I can only imagine what the eShop server farm is like right now. Hopefully I get to play before midnight.

Huh. For some reason I thought they were similar file sizes.

Still, IMPATIENCE! :argh:

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

So like I said, not my fault. Nobody can judge me for it.
But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
Human teenager Rainbow Dash was hot!
Okay so lovely situation here. I gat the physical cart of Y and I pop it into the 3DS and it has the logo pop up and then I get this loving message that says "The SD card couldn't be recognized, please end the game an start again." I have tried ending the game and I checked the cart and there is no damage to it as far as I can tell, and my DS works fine because I just played Fire Emblem. so can anyone tell me what the hell.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Augustine Sycamore's the best designed professor. He's exactly what I want the Poke-France professor to look like.

Shoddy
Oct 12, 2012
First try I get a female bashful froakie. I think this is going to be a good game guys.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

In-game friend list is filling up with goons finally!

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

That doesn't actually say much! Skyrim was half the size of Bioshock Infinite. Last of Us was four times as big as the PC version, even (for some reason). There's probably more stuff going on behind the hood of X/Y is all.

It's not so much what's going on behind the hood as it's the fact that Pokemon has art assets for over 700 unique pokemon, not to mention alternate forms. Art almost always accounts for the vast majority of a game's file size.

Also finally finished downloading see you guys in Kalos!

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 3, 2014

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Man the not allowing us to run in any direction we want is really awkward. Why again did they make it so you could only run in 8 directions?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Macaluso posted:

Man the not allowing us to run in any direction we want is really awkward. Why again did they make it so you could only run in 8 directions?

So you can clearly see who's facing you for battles.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.
If I'm resetting to get a female starter do I need to delete my game or simply go back to before I open the pokéball?

Der Metzgermeister
Nov 27, 2005

Denn du bist was du isst, und ihr wisst was es ist.

treeboy posted:

If I'm resetting to get a female starter do I need to delete my game or simply go back to before I open the pokéball?

The latter.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.

Whew, that's a relief

weird
Jun 4, 2012

by zen death robot
After an hour and six minutes of downloading, it's mine! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
My DL just finished. It took me 59 minutes.

My body is ready. :allears:

• Locked thread