Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Wow I just crashed on my first random encounter in tall grass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 3, 2014

Reive
May 21, 2009

Ohtsam posted:

Wow I just crashed on my first random encounter in tall grass.

Uh oh, I hope it's not going to be one of those problematic games...

Jun 23, 2010

Game looks amazing, although I'm a bit disappointed that I don't have a dick for a rival similar to Gold.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Download failed as I was getting close to finishing. :(

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

What's a reasonable nature for a greninja? I don't understand these things :/

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Reive posted:

Uh oh, I hope it's not going to be one of those problematic games...

I haven't had a single crash in 5 hours of playing, so hopefully not.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 3, 2014

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

For those just starting, you get something nearly as good as the random egg run by wonder-trading the pokemon you catch until you get traded something cool.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

Inspector Zenigata posted:

Generally anything boosting speed or whichever type of attack you want to focus on. Its Sp.Atk is better than its physical though, so keep that in mind.

So that means I should focus on something with sp.atk... Which ones are which?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Well it looks like Amazon may be kinda screwed on the delivery, according to the dude I just spergingly asked for clarification to the one day shipping doesn't matter and it's based on when the game comes out, and of course you can't cancel an order while it's in the dumbass 'it's shipping now maybe kinda' state so I just gotta wait until around the 16th :argh:.

edit: At least they refunded the 1 day shipping...

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

The stat that is red is the one that's boosted, and the one in blue is being taken away from.

God, I haven't really paid much attention to this stuff, and now I'm getting nervous and soft resetting because I don't want a lovely nature. This is the life of uncertainty :smith:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I can't name my rival?
How will people know he's a BUTT?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

So which starter have you guys started with ? I can't choose.

Jun 23, 2010

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I can't name my rival?
How will people know he's a BUTT?

They're getting too soft regarding rivals, man. I miss the old rivals who used to push you around and poo poo.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

dylan14 posted:

So which starter have guys started with ? I can't choose.

Definitely Froakie.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Team Flare's battle music is amazing. :allears:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

dylan14 posted:

:frogbon: is the only choice.

Jun 23, 2010

dylan14 posted:

Fennekin :)

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Obvious Japanese tourists in France trainers. A couple on their honeymoon being as annoying as you posibly can with a Volbeat and Illumise. I'm guessing this is some sort of commentary about Japanese tourists in general.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

My Chespin has -Def, +SpAtk, how hosed am I goons?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

He will still be perfectly fine for playing the story.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Waitin' in line at Gamestop with a surprisingly large group of not surprisingly nerdy people. :ohdear:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dastardly posted:

Obvious Japanese tourists in France trainers. A couple on their honeymoon being as annoying as you posibly can with a Volbeat and Illumise. I'm guessing this is some sort of commentary about Japanese tourists in general.

I live in between a bunch of beaches and amusement parks, and let me tell you right now that all tourists are that couple. You're probably that couple on vacation.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
:dance:

Glad I went to the store early. Dinky-rear end town has one open past midnight and there was a big-rear end line. Some of those poor bastards are going home empty-handed.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Good lord, I'm never gonna run into one of the new Pokemon. Get the gently caress outta here old generation monkeys

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Yesss, finally got a female Fennekin. I hope your nature doesn't suck too bad, little lady!

But I named her Magrat so it would be okay if it did. :3:

Jun 23, 2010

Just got my Torchic.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Just started downloading now. Can I get the Torchic still, or do I have to wait for my local retail location to open?

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Good lord, I'm never gonna run into one of the new Pokemon. Get the gently caress outta here old generation monkeys
Ah so I wasn't the only one who ran into and then caught two out of the three 'sages in that forest.

Speaking of which, It's such a great improvement that you're off and running not five minutes after you start and they even allow for the fact that some people (children, I'd gather) might not get to pick up Pokéballs or heal up in that first forest.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ConanThe3rd posted:

Ah so I wasn't the only one who ran into and then caught two out of the three 'sages in that forest.

Caught? No I killed all these assholes. New Pokemon or get out :colbert:

Jun 23, 2010

Unbound posted:

Just started downloading now. Can I get the Torchic still, or do I have to wait for my local retail location to open?

You get Torchic via mystery gift and can download it anytime.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

What kind of nature should I aim for with a Fennekin? I'm looking at the Nature article on Bulbapedia but I'm still unsure as to how to apply it to the fox.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Modest (+SpAtk - Atk) or Timid(+speed -Atk) would be ideal for Delphox since it has no physical moves.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Policenaut posted:

What kind of nature should I aim for with a Fennekin? I'm looking at the Nature article on Bulbapedia but I'm still unsure as to how to apply it to the fox.

Natures that give special attack (except for ones that take away speed) or speed (that don't take away special attack). So Modest, Mild, Rash, Timid, Hasty or Naive. That being said, only worry about that if you're planning on going full min max sperging for metagaming, it doesn't really matter in the main game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Thanks! I was looking at Modest and Naughty earlier but wasn't too sure about Fennekin's moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

First try, female hasty froakie :getin:

Step up, senpai. :shepface:

• Locked thread