Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.

Squashy Nipples posted:

No, I think he does, to an extent. Artie is very good at convincing himself of things that we wants to believe. He never admitted to himself that his dad had committed suicide until Howard questioned him about it on the air.

Wait, what? I must have totally missed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
I believe that the reason that Howard is so uncomfortable talking about Artie, and is unlikely to have him back on the show, is because he's angry at him. Most people who have a suicidal friend or family member experience this kind of anger -- it's an entirely natural reaction, something along the lines of "How could you be so selfish and put us through all this pain?" -- but it fits exceptionally well with Howard's personality.

Also, he's castigated himself on the air a number of times for having been so gullible as to believe Artie's explanations about being "tired" or "sick" when he would nod off on the air or just not come in. So there's probably some guilt and anger around that, too.

Basically, what I'm saying is that Howard might want to take a break from talking to his psychiatrist about his mother and work through his feelings about Artie instead.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Skitz posted:

Wait, what? I must have totally missed that.

Hmmmm... two regular listeners don't remember this? poo poo.

I remember he gave the infection excuse the first few times his dad's death came up, but one day Howard started prodding and poking as he does, and the truth came out. Artie's dad made a point of saying goodbye to him the night he died, which is pretty clearly suicidal behavior, and there were some other pretty obvious clues, too. Artie made a big show of, "gee, I just figured this out for the first time ever!", which felt very much like denial to me.

I'm sure ONE of you can find the clip.

EDIT:
Found it in two secs, it's part of the story of the home health aide pulling poo poo out of his dad's rear end. While it's true in this case, it always grates on me to hear Artie refer to someone as a "Saint".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJxk4mmbBhQ

EDIT:
Now that I've listened through, it's not quite how I remember it. His mom said it was suicide from the start.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Oct 12, 2013

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

I thought he died from some infection after becoming a quad

Edit:

http://www.howardstern.com/media-vault#397

Ahahahahah go gently caress yourself

Another edit:

You know who is really in touch with Howard's fans these days? O&A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNdBktscRPs

They're 100% right and it's sad :(

Holy poo poo, Howard has a "COO" for his radio show that he almost never does? Maybe he got rid of Tim Sabean because he just wasn't good enough at the doubletalk and management blather.

Cadence
Dec 31, 2007

prefect posted:

Holy poo poo, Howard has a "COO" for his radio show that he almost never does? Maybe he got rid of Tim Sabean because he just wasn't good enough at the doubletalk and management blather.

If Sabean got canned because he had too much backbone and Howard wanted someone even more sycophantic, that would be amazing.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Every show for the last few years has been ten times more entertaining than anything in this clip.

"The king is panicking, the king is panicking!", when it's more like, Howard's coming to work and doing the same thing he's done for the last fifteen years. He's just doing it less.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Squashy Nipples posted:

I definitely remember a back and forth with Howard where Artie admitted that his dad asked to see him and more or less said goodbye to him, then died the next day. I can't remember if it Artie ever conclusively admitted, "Oh yeah, it was suicide," or if it was just sort of the obvious conclusion everyone drew.

Also I'm pretty sure at some point Artie discussed his father asking him to help commit suicide. I remember this less clearly though.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Hi Eric, I got a question about last nights American Idol.

Yes?

How big's yer midget penis? :haw:

Richard is too goddamn funny for his place on stern. Whatever the gently caress Richard does after Stern quits, if it has a price I'm paying it. Tom Leykis is charging $10-15 for access to his online only podcast; Richard just saying "Heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!" in the opening to a tradio call is funnier than that by a mile.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.

Squashy Nipples posted:

I remember he gave the infection excuse the first few times his dad's death came up, but one day Howard started prodding and poking as he does, and the truth came out. Artie's dad made a point of saying goodbye to him the night he died, which is pretty clearly suicidal behavior, and there were some other pretty obvious clues, too. Artie made a big show of, "gee, I just figured this out for the first time ever!", which felt very much like denial to me.

I'm sure ONE of you can find the clip.

EDIT:
Found it in two secs, it's part of the story of the home health aide pulling poo poo out of his dad's rear end. While it's true in this case, it always grates on me to hear Artie refer to someone as a "Saint".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJxk4mmbBhQ

Ok, yeah, I remember that conversation now, but I'd totally forgotten that he had asked Artie to help him out and that he had shady friends who would visit and who might be capable of such a thing. Interesting.

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001

GenoCanSing posted:

Richard just saying "Heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!" in the opening to a tradio call is funnier than that by a mile.

I think walking around the house doing a Ronnie Dice Clay impression is the only thing better than doing a Richard Christie voice.

Du....

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Did they ever do the, "What annoys Robin about the staff" game? Howard plugged it a lot last month but I never heard it.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Is Sour Shoes too crazy to hold it together for even an hour or two? A show that somehow taps into his talents would be so much better than Jacky, Riley Martin, Abe Kanin and most of the other crap they have on the channels.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I want to like Sal because he's legitimately funny sometimes but dear god he's a moron

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Finndo posted:

Is Sour Shoes too crazy to hold it together for even an hour or two? A show that somehow taps into his talents would be so much better than Jacky, Riley Martin, Abe Kanin and most of the other crap they have on the channels.

Yes, he is insane. He used to send people poop or something, or he ate it or whatever, but the dude is mental and you can't control him and in short bursts he is great but unless he is directed, he gets a bit weird sometimes.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I'm pretty sure Sour Shoes got a show once right? I remember it bombing. He did Ferrell and his song covers but it just didn't turn out well.

My favorite moment of the show since Artie left is when Sour Shoes came in as the house band.

...That and the Howard not resigning Sal prank.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

an adult beverage posted:

I'm pretty sure Sour Shoes got a show once right? I remember it bombing. He did Ferrell and his song covers but it just didn't turn out well.

He's had a few (2-3) hourly specials on H101 going back to 2007 or so.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yeah, I recall they had problems with him getting there or showing up on time or trying to get his piano keyboard with a million wires into the studio.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Yeah, I seem to remember the short time he was the house band and Howard remarked that they hadn't planned for all the musical equipment he tried to bring in, like he had several guitars and a giant keyboard and they just had not set up for him at all.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Booey and Depace made absolute fools of themselves today, and the bit wasn't even that good. Still better than a Sandra Bernhard interview I guess.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Sandra Bernhard interview.

woof. Richard needs to break free of Howard and do his own thing. Maybe a stepping stone would be his own show on Howard 101 but drat that man can just make me laugh by just talking. I really want to hang out with him during Halloween.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I just listened to the start of Wednesday's show, and listening to Howard say he NEEDS the new ipad because his current one doesn't have a high enough resolution to watch TV shows on makes me laugh.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Today on Eric the Actor news: Eric blows up over twitter at a cunning troll sporting the handle "FuckEric5" (presumably FuckEric1-4 were taken already), and of course treats the man like he has a legitimate concern and is not blatant trollbait.

I'd link it here but I'm on my phone.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
"SHUT THE gently caress UP YOU PATHETIC STUPID-rear end WORTHLESS BITCH. I DO NOT THROW TANTRUMS YOU DUMB BITCH. gently caress OFF NOW!!!!"

Eric is pretty amazingly dense.

Appears somebody is calling him out on his kickstarter (or Johhny Fratto's) to get Eric and Jeff the Drunk money for their sag fees. Something about how you can't accept income if you are on SSI or whatever.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
Im finally listening to todays show and they are beating Sal up about some poo poo which is warranted regarding the Long Island medium. But when Robin chimes in it just makes me pissed. She spent more money on stupid bullshit than Sal will ever make.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

AxeManiac posted:

"SHUT THE gently caress UP YOU PATHETIC STUPID-rear end WORTHLESS BITCH. I DO NOT THROW TANTRUMS YOU DUMB BITCH. gently caress OFF NOW!!!!"

Eric is pretty amazingly dense.

Appears somebody is calling him out on his kickstarter (or Johhny Fratto's) to get Eric and Jeff the Drunk money for their sag fees. Something about how you can't accept income if you are on SSI or whatever.

There's a Kickstarter to get them money for SAG fees? That's maybe one of the worst uses of charity I've ever heard of and that's saying something. That's pathetic and gently caress them both for trying to milk people out of money for some poo poo like that.

100% OK with this guy's course of action.

e: holy poo poo someone made a troll account of ETM and is responding to the same people tweeting at Eric, it's creating hilarious confusion.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 14, 2013

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
At a certain level it almost becomes sad because despite what an entitled little poo poo he is, Eric clearly has to have some sort of mental illness to be this astounding dense toward obvious trolls. It really requires no effort whatsoever to have him personally respond to you on twitter addressing every concern you may troll him with, such as whether he is half unicorn or was ever engaged to Donald Trump. He can't be firing on all cylinders.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Advice posted:

to have him personally respond to you on twitter addressing every concern you may troll him with, such as whether he is half unicorn or was ever engaged to Donald Trump

Please make my day and post links...

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Advice posted:

At a certain level it almost becomes sad because despite what an entitled little poo poo he is, Eric clearly has to have some sort of mental illness to be this astounding dense toward obvious trolls. It really requires no effort whatsoever to have him personally respond to you on twitter addressing every concern you may troll him with, such as whether he is half unicorn or was ever engaged to Donald Trump. He can't be firing on all cylinders.

On yesterday's show Eric explained that, because he is Irish, it is in his nature to fight. And because he can't fight physically, he fights via Twitter, and has to fight back at everyone who attacks him.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Sean_Miller posted:

Im finally listening to todays show and they are beating Sal up about some poo poo which is warranted regarding the Long Island medium. But when Robin chimes in it just makes me pissed. She spent more money on stupid bullshit than Sal will ever make.

It's especially bad because a week before Sal ever mentioned anything about psychics, Robin told Howard she believed that some psychics had to be legit and Howard flipped out. Now she piles on like she never said it.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Man, no wonder JD is a loving fat-rear end. The other day he had TWO COKES! Remember that time Tim Sabean had soup AND a sandwich? What fat asses!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

On yesterday's show Eric explained that, because he is Irish, it is in his nature to fight. And because he can't fight physically, he fights via Twitter, and has to fight back at everyone who attacks him.

So according to ETM, all Irish are angry and violent. Gotcha. :thumbsup:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

prefect posted:

So according to ETM, all Irish are angry and violent. Gotcha. :thumbsup:

It's the Tim Buckley defense.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Squashy Nipples posted:

It's the Tim Buckley defense.

They also share the same hands

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Has anyone ever compiled a list of people who have been exiled from the show, and why? Artie's gone, I think I read somewhere that Gary Garver was banished, but what about other former regulars like Reverend Bob Levy? Was he banished formally or is he just not considered that good a guest anymore? Who else is gone?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Finndo posted:

Has anyone ever compiled a list of people who have been exiled from the show, and why? Artie's gone, I think I read somewhere that Gary Garver was banished, but what about other former regulars like Reverend Bob Levy? Was he banished formally or is he just not considered that good a guest anymore? Who else is gone?

Elegant Elliot Offen, RiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhT?

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Indolent Bastard posted:

God drat, how did this guy even last as long as he did? Probably the closest I've ever heard on the show to a legitimate screaming lunatic. He's right on the cusp of being able to function in society until he opens his mouth.

"HOWWWWARD, how can you deny a fastidious feast for the eyes and ears of men and women that is my body? A prime, plump, perfect posterior perfected by a perfect prolific diet of prunes, pears, and peaches putting most women's to shame? Can you deny that my body is sexy? Can youuuuuuu?!?"

What kind of sexual loving hangup did he have that he was constantly comparing his body to a woman's?

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Rigggghhhht!

It would be amusing to see all the petty reasons in one place, too. I remember when Howard made Levy grovel and beg to keep doing the roasts for free and plug-less. Even though Levy did crawl like a dog I'm pretty sure he was essentially gone after that.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Advice posted:

What kind of sexual loving hangup did he have that he was constantly comparing his body to a woman's?

Oh, it goes a LOT deeper then that... he used to crossdress, too.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Finndo posted:

A.J. Benza and Chaunce Hayden are both banned from the show. Benza for punching Stuttering John, Hayden for just generally being a scumbag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Elliott was banned from the Sirius building for being Elliott. They still continued to have the football draft/bets with him over the phone with Gary, Fred, and Angry Alice until the season was over.

Eventually they topped having him on because since he couldn't be in studio, you kinda lost the whole things that he was.