Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Livingtrope posted:

It is better than we were saying.

E: FEMALE FINNIKEN ON FIRST TRY :woop::woop:!!!!!!!

Mine was too. So was my friend's. I get the feeling they swapped the gender ratios for fennekins.

So, I found a youngster who asked me why i think he wears shorts, then battles. I won, and

Good. Wouldn't be a pokémon game without you. GOTY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
While we're asking about Super Training, is there a definite indication when you've hit the cap on EVs for a certain stat? Has anybody come up with an estimate of how many EVs you can realistically get per session or how many sessions it'd take to max a stat?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Just popping in to say that Modest or Timid Fennekins don't exist. That is all.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm enjoying the game so far, I even got a female Froakie on my first try. In fact, everything I catch seems to be female, this game is weird.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

Just popping in to say that Modest or Timid Fennekins don't exist. That is all.

Only spent like 30 minutes restarting for a modest fennekin. :smug:

E: Xp on catch is pretty awesome.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 12, 2013

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Has anyone named their Fennekin firefox yet? Also, does the super-training have the same effect as EV training? It's kind of vague about how much it replaces the regular old EV system (is it still there? Are IVs still around? Did the formulas change? I always hated those hidden mechanics because they were so :spergin:.)

edit: Also let me take off my hat dammit. I hate (most) hats. They're dumb.

edit2:VVV I know right? I'm pumped to be a black guy in pokemon, heck running into my first not-white random trainer was also fun.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 12, 2013

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Got the game an hour ago, and I haven't left my room oh my god this is going to be a long play. SO EXCITE I AM A BLACK GIRL. GOTY.

Also, this might get lost in the shuffle, but the Gen5 Dream World is back up. If you're trying for the 100+ Medal on B/W2 from it, put the game down long enough to tuck in and run!

ETA: why is my mom white and why won't she let me out of the house in my PJs.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Best music in the game so far: Shalour City.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Meis posted:

Mine was too. So was my friend's. I get the feeling they swapped the gender ratios for fennekins.

Now let me tell you, 1+ hour of soft-resetting says otherwise.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Nethilia posted:

ETA: why is my mom white and why won't she let me out of the house in my PJs.

You see, Pokemon is an incredibly progressive game...

Everyone talking about getting Female Starters makes me wish I restarted to try and get a Female Chespin, but I've never been super serious about Pokemon. Can you still do the Ditto breeding later on to get eggs of Male Pokemon?

Also there's always trading. And I'm not giving up my shiny Scatterbug NO SIR.

Nereid
Sep 17, 2009

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I traded my normal Scatterbug and got a Pikachu. I traded another Pikachu (I had two) and got a DIFFERENT Pikachu (JAPANESE NAME) and then I traded the Pikachu with the lowest stats and got some weird poison blob thing.

This game loving rules.

I've gotten a Japanese oddish and a German scatterbug- but I inflicted my Zigzagoon naming conventions on the world at large. Ziggy*Dust the zigzagoon is now happily with another trainer in Japan. :3:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am really enjoying this game so far. Other than the controls, this is a really well polished rpg.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Everyone talking about getting Female Starters makes me wish I restarted to try and get a Female Chespin, but I've never been super serious about Pokemon. Can you still do the Ditto breeding later on to get eggs of Male Pokemon?

Also there's always trading. And I'm not giving up my shiny Scatterbug NO SIR.

Yeah, you can breed them with a ditto later. Depending on what your goal is it can be preferred if the ditto has better IVs and whatnot.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Stealthed Zombie posted:

It's canon my dad is Marshall of the Elite 4

I actually took a pic of me in my PJs with my Pika 3DS in case they never come back. I wanted to keep em ;_;

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Man, I love wonder-trade. It's like a pokemon roulette game filled with trash pokemon.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
When do I get to pet my pokemonnnn

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Just jumping in here, but for any other 3DS XL owners playing with the speakers turned full volume; does the audio get...I don't know the technical term. Tinny? Scratchy? I can't play with the volume all the way up at parts because it makes this noise that sounds like some notes in the music are too high or something.

Prime example being the piano song when watching fireworks at that mansion. I have a PikaXL specifically if that helps anything. I'm wondering if it's my XL or just an issue with the game.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Haha, I don't have a clue what I'm doing when it comes to the bottom screen. Though I do love the yospos Nice! button.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
Does anyone have the link to the site that had a list of Pokemon with their types, abilities, and tentative stats? I need to know if Fennekin are fast enough that I can deal with a quiet nature.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Stalgren posted:

Press L or R. Alternatively press the <- -> buttons on the lower screen.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Stalgren posted:

Pretty much right away - I just pressed the arrow on the top of bottom screen and was able to access pokemon-amie.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is there any way to switch the movement controls of the training minigames to the face buttons? I'm left handed so it's really awkward to aim and shoot that way.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I traded my normal Scatterbug and got a Pikachu. I traded another Pikachu (I had two) and got a DIFFERENT Pikachu (JAPANESE NAME) and then I traded the Pikachu with the lowest stats and got some weird poison blob thing.

This game loving rules.

You motherfucker, did you get a Goomy already!?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Meis posted:

Y'all are liars and I hate you :(.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Classtoise posted:

You motherfucker, did you get a Goomy already!?

Nah, I got a Gulpin.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!

Terper posted:

Press L or R. Alternatively press the <- -> buttons on the lower screen.

Ahh thank you it's so cute!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Stalgren posted:

Ahh thank you it's so cute!

When you get a Pikachu, try petting it's cheeks.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I am a Pokémon trainer now. Got in 15 minutes after Gamestop opened, there were already about 10 people in the store (most of whom were adults), and only one lady wasn't there for Pokémon. One kid's mom even got him both versions. :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Schubalts posted:

I am a Pokémon trainer now. Got in 15 minutes after Gamestop opened, there were already about 10 people in the store (most of whom were adults), and only one lady wasn't there for Pokémon. One kid's mom even got him both versions. :allears:

Yeah, there was a line of adults for Pokemon at my EB Games when I got my copy too. Dunno who keeps saying it's a kids game, because it's clearly one for adults based on how many are buying it for themselves :colbert:.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a way to take the rollerblades off? Movement on these things couldn't be more annoying if it tried.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I said come in! posted:

Is there a way to take the rollerblades off? Movement on these things couldn't be more annoying if it tried.

Use the D-pad instead.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Use the D-pad instead.

Thank you, wouldn't have thought to try that actually. This is much easier now.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

I said come in! posted:

Thank you, wouldn't have thought to try that actually. This is much easier now.

But if you're not on the rollerskates you can't do stupid tricks like grinds and spinning.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Wonder trading for pokemon with foreign names is rather cute :3:

I got a Japanese name Dunsparce who's been getting boosted experience for... some reason. I have no idea why. I thought she seemed pretty cool but upon looking it up I guess it doesn't evolve which is too bad.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

megalodong posted:

It's a good thing the rest of it isn't in 3d too.

Yeah it's a really good thing the flagship franchise of a console doesn't support the feature the console is marketed around

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
Where can I find Dunsparce? He's all I've ever wanted.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've literally just found one in the encounter after I posted this. This game is amazing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So what 1-2 duos have you guys really enjoyed so far when it comes to your gen 6 + gen 1 starters?

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Regy Rusty posted:

I got a Japanese name Dunsparce who's been getting boosted experience for... some reason. I have no idea why. I thought she seemed pretty cool but upon looking it up I guess it doesn't evolve which is too bad.

Pokemon with a different original trainer ID than yours receive boosted XP.

Kilometers Davis posted:

So what 1-2 duos have you guys really enjoyed so far when it comes to your gen 6 + gen 1 starters?

Froakie + Bulbasaur + event Torchic is what I suspect a fair number of folks have gone with.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

How does GameFreak expect me to battle pokemon when they give me an option to pet these cute fuckers. (What does petting them do?)

editVVV: I'd play that.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

nutranurse posted:

(What does petting them do?)

Causes them to lose EXP and level down, eventually devolving into a fetus your other Pokémon can eat to gain EV stats

• Locked thread