Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Some freebie codes for Wide Sky. Get after it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

you'll be staring at a lot of Iron Man, Gawkeye, Black Widow and Storm covers for a long time.

I hope this was intentional :allears:

All Gawkeyes go straight into the wood chipper for 100 iso, but this may not be a valid strategy if you don't have a Thor to compete in the Avenger's tournament.

Someone put some real thought into the game design and I can see it having the longevity of Puzzles and Dragons.

quote:

Where do I get ... List

Juggernaut - Venom #2a, "Kidnapping"

Storm, Classic (blue) - Venom #2b, "The Search is On"

Bagman - Oscorp #2

Iron Man (blue) - Avenger's 150 points Get this, you WANT this

Edit:

^^^^^ Thanks! Took the second to last code.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 11, 2013

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

In Costume Quest, I'm at the mall and seem massively underpowered compared to all the monsters. Also, what the hell are all these cards I'm collecting when I kill them?

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
Grabbed the last of the codes, the one that starts with R6, thanks. :D

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I just picked up an iPhone 5c and rather than the usual question of "what are the most powerful and amazing looking games" I'd like to ask what are the games that really benefit from the larger screen? I already noticed Boson X is a lot easier and Need 4 Speed Hot Pursuit seems to handle better with the larger screen, where as The World Ends With You has become unplayable. Like it wasn't calibrated for this screen or something. Any suggestions?

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
Anyone else playing this Simpsons Tapped Out game? My Origin ID is KentonP, could use some more friends!
Too bad the IAP is priced ridiculously, but at least it makes it easy to ignore.

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

Squee posted:

Anyone else playing this Simpsons Tapped Out game? My Origin ID is KentonP, could use some more friends!
Too bad the IAP is priced ridiculously, but at least it makes it easy to ignore.

I just started playing too. karmapolice63 for anyone wanting friends.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Comrade Flynn posted:

In Costume Quest, I'm at the mall and seem massively underpowered compared to all the monsters. Also, what the hell are all these cards I'm collecting when I kill them?

The mages are the highest priority, since they can buff attack power or heal. Aside from that, just keep one guy as a healer (Liberty is good until you get the Unicorn I can't believe I spoilered that) and you should be fine as long as you hit most of your guards. It's tight, but that's it.

The cards are your average collectible. You get a costume if you collect all of them.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 12, 2013

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
How is Tanto Cuore, for someone who like Ascension, Hearthstone, Magic, Agricola, etc?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Apparently its Anime Dominions.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Yeah, earlier it was described as Ascension, but with anime maids. So... if that floats your boat you're in luck! :japan:

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I really like iOS games that take advantage of the touchscreen as opposed to ports and stuff that I could play on other devices. I like Slice, Crabitron, air hockey, Autumn, ridiculous fishing, etc - what else is there like that?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh

So Marvel Puzzle Quest is basically Puzzle and Dragon

Great

Helmacron
Jun 3, 2005

looking down at the world

xiw posted:

I really like iOS games that take advantage of the touchscreen as opposed to ports and stuff that I could play on other devices. I like Slice, Crabitron, air hockey, Autumn, ridiculous fishing, etc - what else is there like that?

So iOS only games, or games that have crazy good touchscreen controls? Because Badlands, Beat Sneak Bandit, Super Hexagon and Tiny Wings are great iOS-centric games I'm unaware of being ported to Android with simple and great touch controls; all are just touch one side of the screen or the other. Kosmo Spin (in a creative way) and Zen Bound (2) and The Room really take advantage of the touchscreen controls, I feel, and Tiger Style's Waking Mars and Spider Mansion games have nice swiping actions that don't feel stupid.

Rayman Jungle Run and Joe Danger are both franchisey games that have stand-alone iterations on iOS, and are incredibly well done and fun, and Rayman Jungle Run has added on a crazy amount of levels through updates while I've owned it, forty or something silly.

I also love Sky Tourist but I think I may be alone in this. It looks like you might like things that do tangible thing on the screen, like dragging stuff around, so you might like World of Goo or Bridgy Jones or Hundreds, or Bad Hotel but I don't like Bad Hotel.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Has anybody heard of Iesabel?

It's an action RPG that just appeared on Steam boasting 8 person cross-platform coop. So I head over to the App Store and, lo and behold, this game's sitting there on version 3.01. Out since July.

I hate the app store for all the probably good games that get buried under tremendous piles of poo poo. But then again, maybe there's a reason I haven't heard of it? I'd be jumping at the opportunity to try it if I had only found it last week when it was 99¢ instead of six bucks. Damnit! :argh:

E: Wow, there are 0 IAPs. They strongly recommend iPad4/iPhone5 or better, but here I come on an iPad 2 bitches.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Oct 12, 2013

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Oh

Great

See. This is a problem. It's basically a P&D that I can get into because I find superheros somewhat more appealing than random anime monsters/gods. I'm trying really hard not to install the game.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Unlucky7 posted:

Oh

Great

Except worse because it's only a Match 3 with random "powers". I dunno, I kind of hate it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Oh

Great

It's more like a poor man's puzzle quest with some iap sprinkled in. I wish the gem matching was like puzzle and dragons because it's not satisfying to get a combo at all. That said I do kinda like it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Oh

Great

Are you joking? This is the 4th game in the series. Puzzle quest has always been bejeweled with RPG elements.

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Autumn Dynasty is on sale for $1.99 (normally $6.99). Seems like a pretty smooth RTS for iOS devices. Art style and controls all look great. Haven't played it yet, but will do so next time I have to go poop.

All you should go buy it so you can stop wasting your time and money on dumb puzzle games.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

PRADA SLUT posted:

How is Tanto Cuore, for someone who like Ascension, Hearthstone, Magic, Agricola, etc?

I'm finding the experience to be extremely similar to that Penny Arcade card game from a while back, in terms of gameplay and complexity. And since I'm about as interested in anime and creepy pseudo-pedophilia as I am in tired Penny Arcade in-jokes, I imagine this game will likewise fail to keep my attention over the long term.

TC is a fine game for what it is, but when I need a break from Ascension and I'm in the mood for the kind of iOS deckbuilding game where I buy cards from a big-rear end pile of cards, I think I'd still rather just whip out Nightfall.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
Anyone played Monster adventures? http://appshopper.com/games/monster-adventures

It's gotten reasonable reviews from what I've seen, but still a bit hesitant to pull the trigger.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I personally though P&D was garbage, but liked puzzle quest. The game would be great if it was more like puzzle quest and less IAP trolling. I would pay $5 for a full fledged story version that made sense.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

ImsaKidd posted:

Anyone played Monster adventures? http://appshopper.com/games/monster-adventures

It's gotten reasonable reviews from what I've seen, but still a bit hesitant to pull the trigger.

It's by the guy who did Block Fortress and Bug Heroes which are both really, really solid.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, I have it and it's a lot of fun. The Touch Arcade review for it does a decent job of summing up the pros & cons of the game. Mainly, it's a bunch of fun making monsters to go wreck poo poo, but you're gonna have to grind a bit at the start to get to all that fun. It's in these first few hours of grinding that this game will earn all its 1-star reviews.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
I snagged that 2nd Wide Sky code! Thanks a bunch.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Kjermzs posted:

I snagged that 2nd Wide Sky code! Thanks a bunch.

Just now? poo poo, three posts later I assumed they were all taken and didn't even bother.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Are there good builder/management sims that aren't made by Nimblebit? I've already played Pixel People and that was awesome. I'm sick of Kairosoft. I'd even play a farm game. I've played Hay Day for a while but I've hit kind of a paywall and it runs like poo poo.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 13, 2013

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

xiw posted:

Arcade Ball is a pretty good skee-ball game. The physics are tight, and the controls are simple swipes. It used to be Skee-Ball, but I guess they lost the licence or something.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh gently caress it. I don't feel like carrying on with this.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 13, 2013

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Are there good builder/management sims that aren't made by Nimblebit? I've already played Pixel People and that was awesome. I'm sick of Kairosoft. I'd even play a farm game. I've played Hay Day for a while but I've hit kind of a paywall and it runs like poo poo.

Try A story about a band, it's similar to kairosoft games. It's ok. I would write a review of it but I'm tired/drunk.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Zombiepop posted:

Try A story about a band, it's similar to kairosoft games. It's ok. I would write a review of it but I'm tired/drunk.

I was playing this and really liked it, but the drat button presses are so bugged/unresponsive/generally hosed that I ended up just deleting it out of frustration. If they update the app I'd definitely give it another go and recommend it.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Has anyone else here played The War of Eustrath? It's a SRPG much like the Super Robot Wars series. The animations aren't terribly flashy and the translation leaves a bit to be desired, but it has actually got a pretty decent plot and the core gameplay is pretty fun.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Reminder for anyone who's been thinking about PAD: There's a godfest live now, so if you ever wanted to get in on it, today's the day to be rolling and re-rolling until you get something good. Way higher than average chance of one of the stupidly overpowered gods (Archangel Lucifer) to boot.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The Royal Scrub posted:

Has anybody heard of Iesabel?

It's an action RPG that just appeared on Steam boasting 8 person cross-platform coop. So I head over to the App Store and, lo and behold, this game's sitting there on version 3.01. Out since July.

I hate the app store for all the probably good games that get buried under tremendous piles of poo poo. But then again, maybe there's a reason I haven't heard of it? I'd be jumping at the opportunity to try it if I had only found it last week when it was 99¢ instead of six bucks. Damnit! :argh:

E: Wow, there are 0 IAPs. They strongly recommend iPad4/iPhone5 or better, but here I come on an iPad 2 bitches.

I played it when it first got released and it was fairly mediocre. I'd be interested to know if the full game is worth a reinstall.

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
I know it's a been a few weeks, but I wanted to chime-in about Bravura Quest.

I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed. There's a lot of charm in the design, but it doesn't overcome the unresponsive controls, weird hit-detection, and confusing and frustrating mechanics. I really like the idea of a hyper-compressed action-RPG experience, but I never feel like I'm very much in control of what's happening on the screen.

Anyone have a different experience with it? Can anyone recommend something similar with better execution?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Anyone else playing Monster Adventures? I'm liking it (and someone in this thread is why I got it) but I cannot figure out how to get additional monsters on your team.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Anyone else playing Monster Adventures? I'm liking it (and someone in this thread is why I got it) but I cannot figure out how to get additional monsters on your team.

No clue here either. Capturing guys (even the "bosses" I've actually managed to survive combat with) is just for unlocking skills, I assume it's a story progression thing?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

goferchan posted:

No clue here either. Capturing guys (even the "bosses" I've actually managed to survive combat with) is just for unlocking skills, I assume it's a story progression thing?

I don't know; I've opened up the second area and still just have 1 guy on my team. Also farming bosses suck, I never know what elemental I need to be going in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I don't know; I've opened up the second area and still just have 1 guy on my team. Also farming bosses suck, I never know what elemental I need to be going in.

You can buy one minute long pills that let you change your element

• Locked thread