Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

This is the funniest thing I've ever read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeezy being Yeezy on Jimmy Kimmel Live :allears:

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HC_RMlaYko

Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t1dW-96daE

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Three minutes in and good god this is awkward

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!
The first part was very tense and awkward, the second part was incredible. Kanye is a douchebag, but so is any other icon. I'm more of a rock dude, so, Trent Reznor, Billy Corgan, Marilyn Manson, Prince, David Bowie - all these people are regarded as total assholes, but did they not change music and cement an incredible identity? Kanye is a prick, but he makes no bones about it, and anybody passionate enough to go on TV and just SHOUT about how great he feels about the future for 24 minutes deserves respect.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Yeah, it was off to a really awkward start but eventually they get past that and it's actually a pretty good interview

reflex
Aug 9, 2009

I'd rather laugh with the mudders than cry with the saints. The mudders are much more fun. Hoorah.
Hearing Kanye explain what was going through his mind when he was making those tweets was sublime. "It was so amazing I was saying this in real time in real life."

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I feel like Kanye could tip over into a really strange kind of Marxist with all this classism stuff he talks about.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Doctor Claw posted:

The first part was very tense and awkward, the second part was incredible. Kanye is a douchebag, but so is any other icon. I'm more of a rock dude, so, Trent Reznor, Billy Corgan, Marilyn Manson, Prince, David Bowie - all these people are regarded as total assholes, but did they not change music and cement an incredible identity? Kanye is a prick, but he makes no bones about it, and anybody passionate enough to go on TV and just SHOUT about how great he feels about the future for 24 minutes deserves respect.

Wait Bowie is regarded as an rear end in a top hat? I always thought that (at least since he got off coke) he was considered to be pretty chill.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Kanye just has to be full of cocaine. There's no other way.

alansmithee posted:

Wait Bowie is regarded as an rear end in a top hat? I always thought that (at least since he got off coke) he was considered to be pretty chill.

Yeah, but he was apparently insufferably out of touch when he was at the height of his coke use. There are loads of stories of Bowie and Iggy acting like total dickheads in Berlin and people just hating them. His ex-wife has said that it's what made her start to dislike him, although that divorce was probably bound to have happened anyway at some point.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I feel like Kanye could tip over into a really strange kind of Marxist with all this classism stuff he talks about.

He's gone from Gesaffelstein to Produktionsverhältnisse

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Mr. Flunchy posted:

http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,3379.html?nav=kanye

This T-shirt makes Yeezus unlistenable for me. You either get to make a commentary on race and consumer culture or you get to sell a plain white t-shirt for $120. :colbert:

Miltank fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 12, 2013

Phantom Limb
Jun 30, 2005

blargh

Miltank posted:

This T-shirt makes Yeezus unlistenable for me. You either get to make a commentary on race and consumer culture or you get to sell a plain white t-shirt for $120. :colbert:

http://usonline.apc.fr/products/men/t-shirts

It's a collaboration with APC, that's how most of their t-shirts are priced. I doubt Kanye had any say in how much they sold for.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH EGYPTIAN COTTON COSTS SON?

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD YEEZY HAD TO WORK TO MAKE THESE EGYPTIAN COTTON PLAIN WHITE TEES?

YOU DUMB MILKTANK. #sorrynotsorry

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Miltank posted:

Well, a simple white t-shirt sold at an inflated price because of an intangible added element is a great example of Marxist value theory in action.

Actually, if I remember correctly Marx himself actually uses the example of a white linen shirt to illustrate his value theory of labour in Capital... :tinfoil:

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 12, 2013

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Miltank posted:

I dunno, a $120 plain white T-shirt (called the "Hip-Hop" T-shirt, no less) that he knows will sell out because people will rush out and buy anything with his name attached seems like a pretty brilliant satire of consumerism to me.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Miltank posted:

Wrong, you get to do both :twisted:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'd rather buy overpriced luxury items from a self-aware, rich, bumbling egomaniac who's made commentary about consumerism than someone who thought they were doing me a service with it.

But the real secret is not buying it so we all win.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I AM BRAWW posted:

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH EGYPTIAN COTTON COSTS SON?

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD YEEZY HAD TO WORK TO MAKE THESE EGYPTIAN COTTON PLAIN WHITE TEES?

YOU DUMB MILKTANK. #sorrynotsorry

Would you be satisfied if Kanye picked the cotton himself?

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

deadwing posted:

Would you be satisfied if Kanye picked the cotton himself?
Well that's a weird thing to say.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

het posted:

Well that's a weird thing to say.

Yeah, I mean, what does he want, a milli? Fur coat? A diamond chain? All you posters want all the same things.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Yoshifan823 posted:

Yeah, I mean, what does he want, a milli?
Huh, I always thought he said "a Bentley." Thanks.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Night Danger Moose posted:

Huh, I always thought he said "a Bentley." Thanks.

He does say "A Bentley"

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Robawesome posted:

He does say "A Bentley"

That'll teach me to post before looking up lyrics.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Word on the web is that the Yeezus tour is selling poorly, also noted by the sheer amount of ticket giveaways that are going on. Is the recent lack of Kanye's radio hits causing this? Anyway, hope I win free tickets.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Yeah I was curious and I can still get floor seats for his show at Pepsi Center

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
I'd assume its maybe that and because baseline tickets are 100+

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Haha he's brought back the ballerina dancers for the tour

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The tickets for LA sold out almost instantly so I dunno.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
The merch

dat flag

dat failed classic rock tee

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Thanks Kanye thread, I just bought a ticket to the Denver show. I can't wait.

Famicom Bunko
Jan 30, 2005
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Awesome show, White Jesus himself makes an appearance.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

27 song set list

The Setlist:
On Sight
New Slaves
Send It Up
Mercy
Power
Cold
Black Skinhead
I Don’t Like
I Am a God
Can’t Tell Me Nothing
Coldest Winter
Hold My Liquor
I’m In It
Drunk and Hot Girls
Guilt Trip
Heartless
Blood on the Leaves
I Wonder
Runaway
Hey Mama (Instrumental)
Street Lights
Lost in the World
Encore:
Heard ‘Em Say
Stronger
Through the Wire
Jesus Walks
Flashing Lights
All of the Lights
Bound 2

Gladstone
Dec 13, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfKBjkG8kv8

Yeezus brings out Jesus for Jesus Walks.

Oh Ye :allears:

grahm
Oct 17, 2005
taxes :(
Not to be a downer (I love Kanye!), but I didn't think the show was that good. It'll probably improve over time as they do it more, but he messed up a lot, and the sound was pretty rough. It just seemed sloppy overall, despite the awesome set. I left early, as did many people around me (though looking at the set list I only missed the last two songs).

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Yeah the sound was very sloppy. Partly because of the arena venue (the bass was the only sound that cut through the space), the mic was also cutting out really bad during I'm In It but a lot of the performance stuff and set pieces were cool. Kanye coming out wearing a tank and a crown and performing On Sight at the start was pretty wild.

quote:

Drunk and Hot Girls
I left after I Wonder and I didn't hear this one.

The most interesting part to me was that Kanye pulls in similar demographics to a baseball game.

a dog from hell fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 20, 2013

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Vancouver show tonight just got pushed back to Halloween

reflex
Aug 9, 2009

I'd rather laugh with the mudders than cry with the saints. The mudders are much more fun. Hoorah.

Dead Snoopy posted:

Vancouver show tonight just got pushed back to Halloween
Am I ever glad I did not buy that plane ticket.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Fawk, if I had known about that merch before the Seattle show I would've given someone some cash to grab me one of those shirts. Those are loving ridiculous.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Fawk, if I had known about that merch before the Seattle show I would've given someone some cash to grab me one of those shirts. Those are loving ridiculous.

Good news! http://www.pacsun.com/content/yeezus.html?ICID=0008534

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Those shirts are pretty awesome but I don't know if they're forty loving dollars awesome.

• Locked thread