Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

nutranurse posted:

Why on earth did you trade for a Farfetch'd.

Uh, cause Farfetch'd are noble warriors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Trade a Pidgey and a Scatterbug, get a Ziggy and a Flabebe.

Down for this.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Holy poo poo the gym battle music is great!

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Dexie posted:

Serebii's put together a list of updated attacks.

Energy Ball finally has the same attack power as Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Surf. I feel like I've been waiting for this moment my entire life. :allears:

Some interesting changes in that list. Looks like most of the high-end damaging moves have been toned down slightly, while the lesser ones have generally been boosted. Also, Low Sweep has changed from 60 to 65 Base Power, which I can only assume was done specifically to nerf Technician Breloom.

Storm Throw is apparently now 60 Base Power, which would effectively make it a 120 Base Power move with no drawbacks -- except I'm pretty sure critical hits themselves have been weakened from 2x damage to around 1.5x, so it's really only 90.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Been wonder trading all day, it's very addictive, though the only creative name I found so far was Dangermouse, the pikachu.

Cmon people, give me funny pokemon names for my Goomy!

Samael fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 12, 2013

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Just got Charizardite X

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Samael posted:

Ziggy, a level 12 zigzagoon? I think I traded you :D

Been wonder trading all day, it's very addictive, though the only creative name I found so far was Dangermouse, the pikachu.

Cmon people, give me funny pokemon names for my Goomy!

Not the actual name, they came from Japan. Lv 17 and I haven't even left the first catch route :stare:

Name it Sploosh. That's the sound I imagine they make.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

nutranurse posted:

Why on earth did you trade for a Farfetch'd.

Because the dude asks for an easy to get monster right outside the city and it's Jolly and also effective against the first gym and nostalgia, why not?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Holy poo poo, gently caress horde battles. They take goddamn forever to get through, and eat up so many resources. It took my L10 Squirtle, plus my L15 Zigzagoon and Fennekin just to put down 5 L5 Gulpins.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I just ran into the Palace of Versailles, with Serperior carved into the gates.

This game...

Artix posted:

Holy poo poo, gently caress horde battles. They take goddamn forever to get through, and eat up so many resources. It took my L10 Squirtle, plus my L15 Zigzagoon and Fennekin just to put down 5 L5 Gulpins.

Look at it this way, with that and the nerfs to Flamethrower et al. you have a reason to use stuff like Discharge and Heat Wave.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

A proposal for a new sort of Nuzlocke run: every time your pokemon faints, wonder trade it and use whatever comes out instead. Its spirit shall live on in a new body!

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Vegastar posted:

A proposal for a new sort of Nuzlocke run: every time your pokemon faints, wonder trade it and use whatever comes out instead. Its spirit shall live on in a new body!

Oh drat if I did Nuzlocke I'd do that. As it is, I'm playing "If I catch doubles, away with the extras."

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
All these wild pokemon with mediocre IVs? Into the wonder trade with you! (I am a part of the problem.)

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

I now have a level 1 Klink with max Attack and Speed EVs. I love Super Training. :allears:

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Hi this has almost definitely been asked before, but where's the best place to buy a digital code for this game in the UK? My GoogleFu is failing me.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Is there a way for pikachu to learn it's signature move without breeding? I just caught an adamant one, which is perfect.

Huh, just wonder traded a pansear and got an adamant pansage. I don't plan on using it, but it's nature is good. Man, I think I'd feel bad if I just keep trading low level crap pokemon on it.

Not like I can do any better right now though!

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 12, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I just got kicked out of a store for "not being stylish enough".
drat elitist bastards! :argh:

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Sprite141 posted:

Is there a way for pikachu to learn it's signature move without breeding? I just caught an adamant one, which is perfect.

Give it an everstone and breed it with a female/male pikachu with light orb. Otherwise, no I believe not.

I can't get the event torchic until thanksgiving... Can't figure out college fireall stuff on my ds.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Gensuki posted:

Give it an everstone and breed it with a female/male pikachu with light orb. Otherwise, no I believe not.

I can't get the event torchic until thanksgiving... Can't figure out college fireall stuff on my ds.

Aww, So then I'd need to find a lightball.

Also just wonder traded a pidgy for a pidgy. This should be fun.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Sprite141 posted:

Aww, So then I'd need to find a lightball.

Also just wonder traded a pidgy for a pidgy. This should be fun.

I had a series of Honedge for Honedge trades with -attack natures that I found amusing.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Oh god I used the honey to attract a horde of Axew NOT Zubats!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Daerc posted:

I had a series of Honedge for Honedge trades with -attack natures that I found amusing.

I just got a Japanese pumpkaboo that immediately evolved. :stare:

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
I barely played this at all last night, it took over an hour to download and I was so sleepy. :( I didn't even try to restart for a female starter, I'm entirely too lazy for that. Though hilariously his nature is Quirky, which does absolutely nothing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Okay guys, I started with Croakie/Charmander in Y, should I do Fennekin/Bulbasaur Squirtle or Chespin/Bulbasaur Squirtle or one of those two with Bulbasaur instead?

In Y I'm up to the third gym after being up until 6am

edit: poo poo I mean the Kanto water type. I'm tired.

edit2: SQUIRTLE THAT'S THE ONE

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh my god, it really IS Feint Attack now!

I don't know why I'm so pleased about this, but I am!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sprite141 posted:

I just got a Japanese pumpkaboo that immediately evolved. :stare:

WAIT! Wonder Trade activates Trade Evos? HOLY poo poo EVERYONE'S GETTING HAUNTERS

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Huh, so uh. Do scatterbugs caught in other areas have the vivillion's unique pattern, or only vivillions?

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

concerned mom posted:

Hi this has almost definitely been asked before, but where's the best place to buy a digital code for this game in the UK? My GoogleFu is failing me.

I got mine from GAME, they had it sent like 5 hours before it was on the store so I'd imagine they just send them straight out now. :)

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Oh my god the XP share doesn't have to be held by one guy. You can just turn it on and forget it. Oh my god oh my god

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Oh my god the XP share doesn't have to be held by one guy. You can just turn it on and forget it. Oh my god oh my god

I only have six hours in this game and my entire party is at at least lvl 21 :stonk: WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THIS SOONER?!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Just got my rear end kicked hard by a japanese guy who subsequently gave me a Nice! and a neverending supply of Attack Power Ups.
Is he being passive-aggressive?

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
Yay my torchic is adamant. He is going to make the game trivial isnt he.

^^^ sounds like it heh

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Stalgren posted:

Yay my torchic is adamant. He is going to make the game trivial isnt he.

^^^ sounds like it heh

I dunno but can you reset your game to get the right nature for event pokemons?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Tusen Takk posted:

I only have six hours in this game and my entire party is at at least lvl 21 :stonk: WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THIS SOONER?!

Red and Blue did that, except you couldn't turn it off.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Do all pf the Mystery Gift Torchics have the speed boost ability that increases its speed every turn? Or did I get really lucky?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Tusen Takk posted:

Do all pf the Mystery Gift Torchics have the speed boost ability that increases its speed every turn? Or did I get really lucky?

All of them do.

I just noticed Torchic is holding a Priemer Ribbon, "awarded for a special holiday". Does that mean we'll get a Delibird for christmas?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The sheer variety of pokemon would make nuzlocke runs of this game incredibly fun. I might just buy a second copy around december just to do that.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
The animation when Braixen uses ember is amazing!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

Red and Blue did that, except you couldn't turn it off.
Oh, now that you say it I seem to remember that. But the EXP. wasn't shared the same way at all as far as I can tell...

horriblePencilist posted:

All of them do.

Cool! I really need to finish Diamond or SoulSilver so I can get my GBA pokemon over to GenIV then to GenV...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

The sheer variety of pokemon would make nuzlocke runs of this game incredibly fun. I might just buy a second copy around december just to do that.

gently caress wild Pokemon, every time you catch something you have to immediately put it on wonder trade and use whatever comes out. Get on it.

• Locked thread