Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

There's probably no Headbutt tutor in XY right ?? Sorry, Serene Grace Dunsparce, we'll have to wait, buddy. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
Oh god, they've throw so many of my old favorites at me right at the start, I don't know who to bring along anymore.

Goddamn the variety spread is fantastic in this game.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.
For Flabebe, I've found red, orange and yellow, but I must know. Is there one in the purple flowers?

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Illuen posted:

For Flabebe, I've found red, orange and yellow, but I must know. Is there one in the purple flowers?

I've found a blue one in the purple flowers. There's also ones with a white flower, but I can't remember which flower type I found them in.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

So like I said, not my fault. Nobody can judge me for it.
But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
Human teenager Rainbow Dash was hot!
Okay did they increase the encounter rate for female Combee, because I have found more females than males. I'm now just catching them then wonder trading them.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Illuen posted:

There are blue ones in the purple flowers and I somehow have a white one.

I'm pretty stuck on route 8 at where it looks like you need a riding pokemon to get past. Any pointers?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So how many boxes in total are we allowed for X and Y without using the Pokémon bank? Because I'm not catching dupplicates due to having all the boxes full on my copy of White 2.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Wonder Trade started out great when I got some camouflage hippo but now it's just swapping around monkeys for bugs.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
Anyone else not able to download Torchic? I'll have to try again later.

I can't believe all the shinies people are finding. The chance percentage had to have changed.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

WendigoJohnson posted:

So how many boxes in total are we allowed for X and Y without using the Pokémon bank? Because I'm not catching dupplicates due to having all the boxes full on my copy of White 2.

At least enough to have 1 of every single pokemon. Probably 2 of each.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Picked up my copy of X this morning. So far been enjoying it. There are a lot of Pokemon to catch even before the first gym-almost too many (had no idea that Caterpie was catchable in the first forest until I ran into a trainer using one.)

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
Question about downloading the game - is there a progress bar? Mine has been downloading for about 45 minutes and nothing appears to have changed.

ohjoshdarnit
Nov 2, 2005
Adventurer

Zhent posted:

Question about downloading the game - is there a progress bar? Mine has been downloading for about 45 minutes and nothing appears to have changed.

You should see little bubbles dropping into a box and you can see an orange liquid filling up the box to give you an idea of progress.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

WT has been nothing but awesome so far, traded a lvl 10 Gloupin for a lvl 32 Quagsire from Japan :D

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Wonder Trade is excellent. Nothing amazing turned up so far, but it's just fun being able to chuck something on and grab something random.

e: EXCEPT FOR CATERPIE, WHY WOULD I WANT TO TRADE A CATERPIE FOR A CATERPIE? gently caress OFF, CATERPIE!

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Zhent posted:

The box around the icon filling up is the progress. If you're doing a sleep mode download, pressing the icon for it says how far along it is.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Just got Charizardite X

How? Assuming your not playing X

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

WT has been nothing but awesome so far, traded a lvl 10 Gloupin for a lvl 32 Quagsire from Japan :D

You shouldn't be happy about being a terrible human being

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times already, what does it mean when people have a glowing blue circle on their PSS icon? I've seen a yellow glowing circle too and have no idea what it means.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

edit^: HOW IS THAT MY FAULT?! :(

McDragon posted:

Wonder Trade is excellent. Nothing amazing turned up so far, but it's just fun being able to chuck something on and grab something random.

e: EXCEPT FOR CATERPIE, WHY WOULD I WANT TO TRADE A CATERPIE FOR A CATERPIE? gently caress OFF, CATERPIE!

We should start a new thread for posting about WT because so far I'm 10/12 for trades in favour (I just got a Beedrill from a Pikachu)

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

Help Im Alive posted:

You shouldn't be happy about being a terrible human being

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times already, what does it mean when people have a glowing blue circle on their PSS icon? I've seen a yellow glowing circle too and have no idea what it means.

Don't quote me, but I think that means someone gave you an O-Power.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Magneton! :getin: Right, that's enough of that for now.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Illuen posted:

Don't quote me, but I think that means someone gave you an O-Power.

Yeah that's it, thanks!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
How do I download the Torchic? I've looked through the menus while playing but can't seem to find it.

Also, what does it mean when people have smiley faces on their icons?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Momomo posted:

How do I download the Torchic? I've looked through the menus while playing but can't seem to find it.

On the title screen thingy, one of the options is Mystery Gift. That one.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

McDragon posted:

On the title screen thingy, one of the options is Mystery Gift. That one.

Then click "connect to Internet" not local wireless or whatever.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Haha Wonder Trade is awesome. Just got a Kecleon for my Ledyba.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

uh so

that's a lot of pikaclones

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Nethilia posted:

uh so

that's a lot of pikaclones

And also Raichu, who is greater than all of them.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

And also Raichu, who is greater than all of them.

I'm pretty sure that most people don't evolve their Pikachu because Raichu isn't as good/fast/strong or something like that.

He's not nearly as cute, that's for drat sure :colbert:.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Where can I see my pokemon-amie stats?

Terrene
May 1, 2009
Man, getting the facial expressions to work with Pokemon amie is really difficult.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Dastardly posted:

Where can I see my pokemon-amie stats?

Press the button to switch Pokémon.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So, uh, does anyone know if the auto-Super Training progresses while you have a different window open?

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm pretty sure that most people don't evolve their Pikachu because Raichu isn't as good/fast/strong or something like that.

He's not nearly as cute, that's for drat sure :colbert:.

He's definitely faster, but the Light Ball makes Pikachu stronger than Raichu.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Charge Shots make Super Training incredibly easy, you win in 3-5 shots.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Man what the gently caress, 11 hours played and I'm at the second gym. I know I'm not the fastest player around, but :psyduck:

I'm not sure if I should hope for the rest of the gyms to come faster or not.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Supremezero posted:

So, uh, does anyone know if the auto-Super Training progresses while you have a different window open?

He's definitely faster, but the Light Ball makes Pikachu stronger than Raichu.

Ah yeah he's like a glass cannon, forgot about that.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Amppelix posted:

Man what the gently caress, 11 hours played and I'm at the second gym. I know I'm not the fastest player around, but :psyduck:

Three and a half hours and I haven't even off Route 2 yet. I'm exploring like a motherfucker.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Amppelix posted:

Clearly you aren't doing enough wonder trading/pokemon amie/super training. I'm still in the forest (Pikachuuuuuuuu!)

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
I don't like how little emphasis this gen puts on your starter. Between the new exp share mechanics, getting 2 (3 if you count the Mystery Gift Torchic) free Pokemon that can actually mega evolve and crazy Wonder Trade shenanigans, there's no real reason to have any sort of attachment to your starter. I'm probably just going to box Chespin as soon as I get the mega-ring or whatever it's called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Amppelix posted:

There is a LOT to do between Gym 1 and Gym 2. The rest goes by a bit quicker.

edit: AHAHAHA STUNFISK IS COMPLETELY FLAT

• Locked thread