Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Sprite141 posted:

Well I'm not gonna bother accepting any battle challenges anytime soon. My 1 flabebe versus their charizard, lucario, y legendary, the rock dragon guy, ect...

Yeah, this was me a little bit ago.

Also, to whomever was asking, there are still invisible items around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parara
Apr 9, 2010
Final annoying WHERE IS THIS MON question: finally ran into a trainer with a Helioptile and apparently it can be found on route 9. I backtracked and I'm running back and forth but I got nothin' but Hippos. Do I just have to be patient or am I in the wrong place?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There's nothing worse than planning out a team in your head and then realizing none of the pokemon can use fly.

Seriously Vespiqueen, why can't you learn that. If I can ride on a pidgy why can't I ride on you :sigh:

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Perhaps it is too easy to ask this, but is there a Pokemon in X/Y that can learn both False Swipe and either a sleep or paralysis move?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I wonder if Lt. Surge has 8 different Raichus that were all evolved at different levels so that they have better moves...

Like, if you fight him with 8 badges, he has a Raichu with Volt Tackle and Thunder?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Anyone know how to get the item to mega evolve absol?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Zigzagoons picking up Ultra Balls and Super Potions before I even get through Santalune Forest. This little gal is getting so many poke puffs.

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013
I scanned the first post in the thread but didn't see anything on this. Does this game finally support more than 1 save file? I've always thought that was incredibly infuriating that even the DS games only had the one.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zerilan posted:

Serebii says it's in Kilodue City during the post game.

Anybody know what in all Mega Launcher effects. I'm in a toss up between Charmander and Squirtle, so I want to know if the ability powers up more than two weak moves.

VV Edit: Well, yeah. It's always had Pickup as an ability.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Zigzagoons picking up Ultra Balls and Super Potions before I even get through Santalune Forest. This little gal is getting so many poke puffs.

ZIGZAGOONS CAN FIND HIDDEN ITEMS? poo poo, I assume you catch him before the forest, eh?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

G-Whizard posted:

I scanned the first post in the thread but didn't see anything on this. Does this game finally support more than 1 save file? I've always thought that was incredibly infuriating that even the DS games only had the one.

No.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
wow my Vivillon is hype as poo poo and won't stop happily giving me punching bags.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Zerilan posted:

After completing the game, your can find your rival in the post-game town. Fight them and you'll get Absol's Mega Stone as a reward.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Geostomp posted:

Serebii says it's in Kilodue City during the post game.

Anybody know what in all Mega Launcher effects. I'm in a toss up between Charmander and Squirtle, so I want to know if the ability powers up more than two weak moves.

Talked to like, everyone in that town but nothing. Really hoping it's not a certain day of the week sort of deal.

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013

What a loving joke. Think I might skip this game then.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

G-Whizard posted:

I think the single save file is supposed to be a way to get people to buy the other version of the game

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Does Poke-amie help with Happiness evolutions? I have no idea if it affects normal happiness in addition to it's own thing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

G-Whizard posted:

All Pokemon games have been this way since the beginning and will remain this way until The End of All Things. Stop getting pissed off at The Pokemans Company's brilliant marketing strategy/ploy.

Kidswhoneedjobs
Jan 16, 2013
Has anyone mentioned mega blastoise's stat changes yet? mines just evloved and goes from 71, 81, 80, 96, 63 to 85, 93, 119, 103, 63 . Keep in mind I have about 50 evs in SpA SpD and Def and mild nature. Can anyone work out the rough base stas from that? I don't know the formula

Kidswhoneedjobs fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 12, 2013

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

HeyItsAyls posted:

After completing the game, your can find your rival in the post-game town. Fight them and you'll get Absol's Mega Stone as a reward.

Know if there's anything special to trigger it? Looked around that town and didn't find it.

EDIT: Nvm, figured it out. Only shows up if the game clock is on a friday, or maybe just a day has to pass

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 12, 2013

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Know if there's anything special to trigger it? Looked around that town and didn't find it.

Nope, they'll appear by the pond at the top of town. When I first arrived in town they weren't there, but then I waited a day and there he was.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

G-Whizard posted:

They never intend to, because they want you to buy both versions. There are plenty of ways to store your guys if you want to start a new game, and an official one coming soon. Or you can be pissy about nothing. Up to you

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013
The reason it's annoying is because I'd like to share the game with my brother. There are barely enough games on the 3DS warranting owning one of them let alone two.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Wundertrade is the best feature of this game :colbert:
Kecleon in, Volbeat out
level 12 Oddish in, level 35 japanese pawniard out. sploosh.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

G-Whizard posted:

The reason it's annoying is because I'd like to share the game with my brother. There are barely enough games on the 3DS warranting owning one of them let alone two.

Buy two copies of the game then?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fariz posted:

They never intend to, because they want you to buy both versions. There are plenty of ways to store your guys if you want to start a new game, and an official one coming soon. Or you can be pissy about nothing. Up to you

Can you go into detail about the non-official ways to store your guys? I'm assuming it's more than just trading all your Pokemans to an older game...

Speaking of which, does anyone know if there's a way to get ROM saves so I can flash GBA titles into my CycloDS Evo instead of having a GBA cart hanging out of my DSl?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Got a level 1 female Pichu with Volt Tackle from some Japanese dude. Thank you Wonder Trade. :wooper:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Guys, this game is incredibly pretty.

Also, how do you get your friend code?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
How do you guys handle your current party? Do you use up all six slots with permanent members, just a few, or do you switch everybody out all the time?

Also, is exp share going to make the campaign too easy? I want to play around, catch poo poo, and take my time but I also don't want to steamroll every gym leader because I spent too much time "grinding".

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Guys, this game is incredibly pretty.

Also, how do you get your friend code?

I've been trying to figure this out too...

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

It's in the main 3DS menu.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

EvilHawk posted:

It's in the main 3DS menu.

Thanks.

Also, I never understand how the start of a pokemon game always makes me childishly giddy.

Donald Duck
Apr 2, 2007

Supremezero posted:

Does Poke-amie help with Happiness evolutions? I have no idea if it affects normal happiness in addition to it's own thing.

I too was wondering this, I played a lot of games with Pichu but I can't tell if it made a difference.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

KingSlime posted:

How do you guys handle your current party? Do you use up all six slots with permanent members, just a few, or do you switch everybody out all the time?

Also, is exp share going to make the campaign too easy? I want to play around, catch poo poo, and take my time but I also don't want to steamroll every gym leader because I spent too much time "grinding".

Turn it off when things get too easy, put it back on when you start slipping behind the curve. Worked pretty well for me so far.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

KingSlime posted:

Levels are a bit higher later on to compensate. The pokemon league's pokemon were in like, the 60s or so. I had 3 70s and a few low 60s when I got there and didn't have too much trouble, but didn't completely steamroll it either.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

KingSlime posted:

That, or using the fake GTS to store them as files

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
Do they ever mention Pokemon-Amie and Super Training in-game?? I would never have realized I had access to them if I hadn't read the manual

I don't even want to touch them, really, it's just a bit odd that for a game series filled with hyper-detailed tutorial sequences for easy poo poo they go without saying.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

fariz posted:

I had heard it was about space issues. A single caught Pokemon has the following data, and I'm probably missing some:
-Species
-Level
-6 IVs
-6 EVs
-OT
-Level and place caught
-Ribbons
-Held Item
-Happiness
-Shiny Y/N
-Hidden stuff (unique IDs etc)
-Moves known
-stuff like PP Up
-Nickname
-Ball it was caught in

That seems like a lot to store a whole lot of times, not to mention the actual save data (location and progress etc).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

HeyItsAyls posted:

Finally got Mawilite, and drat it, it was worth the wait. Mega Mawile kicks so much rear end. She gets a huge defence boost (from 170 defence to 250), some more points into attack and, most importantly, the Huge Power ability. She's tearing through everything.

Can you tell all the stat differences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Can you tell all the stat differences.

Not sure what the base stats on any mega forms are, but you can check the current stats after transforming by checking the pokemon summary mid-battle.

• Locked thread