Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

For those who were wondering, you can get Aerodactyl by punching rocks in the cave where you pick up Tyrunt/Amaura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

best courtesy thing to do: whoop someones rear end then give them a ton of O power.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Tornhelm posted:

For those who were wondering, you can get Aerodactyl by punching rocks in the cave where you pick up Tyrunt/Amaura.

Where's the rock smash HM? Never found that one. Don't think I found cut either, since I guess only strength and surf are essential to clear up to the league.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
I got a frogadier from Wonder Trade and I traded a caterpie! I've never felt so bad in my life.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Can you tell all the stat differences.

I'm currently in the Battle Maison, so her level's been reduced to 50. She also has an attack hindering nature:

HP: 118 -> 118
Attack: 102 -> 120
Defence: 106 -> 146
Sp. Attack: 74 -> 74
Sp. Defence: 68 -> 108
Speed: 92 -> 92

The attack boost ain't much, but again, Huge Power.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zerilan posted:

Not sure what the base stats on any mega forms are, but you can check the current stats after transforming by checking the pokemon summary mid-battle.

Yeah that's what I wanted to know. How much the stats went up.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Zerilan posted:

Where's the rock smash HM? Never found that one. Don't think I found cut either, since I guess only strength and surf are essential to clear up to the league.

It's a TM. Can't quite remember where I picked it up. Surf is the only HM I think I needed (though I'm sure I've missed stuff not using Cut).

Acidix
Aug 8, 2007

Winner of the terrible contest
Is there any site which has the breakdown of what I can find in each area? I am a stickler for not leaving behind any pokemon in areas.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

HeyItsAyls posted:

I'm currently in the Battle Maison, so her level's been reduced to 50. She also has an attack hindering nature:

HP: 118 -> 118
Attack: 102 -> 120
Defence: 106 -> 146
Sp. Attack: 74 -> 74
Sp. Defence: 68 -> 108
Speed: 92 -> 92

The attack boost ain't much, but again, Huge Power.

So it hits harder then Anything pretty much.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Acidix posted:

Is there any site which has the breakdown of what I can find in each area? I am a stickler for not leaving behind any pokemon in areas.

It's a bit early yet. Serebii is doing okay to update but I don't think he has everything yet.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If you walk by the bushes on one route, pokemon will jump out to attack you. I totally didn't expect that, or to get an audino from it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Hey Critical Captures are back! :neckbeard:

Fake edit: and the Mienfoo I was catching broke free anyway. :stare:

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

G-Whizard posted:

The reason it's annoying is because I'd like to share the game with my brother. There are barely enough games on the 3DS warranting owning one of them let alone two.

People want to share games? Ew. My own husband can't touch my game, and I eat off his plate. There are some things you just don't do.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

G-Whizard posted:

The reason it's annoying is because I'd like to share the game with my brother. There are barely enough games on the 3DS warranting owning one of them let alone two.

Either you're still living in early 2012 or you really hate a lot of video games.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 12, 2013

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Neo_Crimson posted:

Hey Critical Captures are back! :neckbeard:

Fake edit: and the Mienfoo I was catching broke free anyway. :stare:

That's been a thing with critical captures since they were introduced.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Mercury Crusader posted:

Either you're still living in early 2012 or you really hate a lot of video games.

Seeing that the Pokemon franchise has been this way for the last 18 years, I'm pretty sure he's just whining for the sake of whining.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I have a living ghost sword at my beck and call. HOW IS THIS NOT AWESOME?! :swoon:

I couldn't think of anything to name my Honedge, so I just called it Hanzo...I should have called it cutpurse because I gave it the Amulet Coin to hold. :rimshot:

Also, it's real fast and easy to miss, but when it first enters the field IT loving UNSHEATHS ITSELF!

I knew all about Honedge before hand, but suddenly having one just makes it that much more loving awesome.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I've spent the past couple hours racking my brain over what to name all these dudes I plan on catching and nothing's coming to mind. Of all the times to have nickname block :negative:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Does anybody know if it's possible to get a female event Torchic? Or is it guaranteed to be male.

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013

Tusen Takk posted:

Seeing that the Pokemon franchise has been this way for the last 18 years, I'm pretty sure he's just whining for the sake of whining.

I can't tell if everyone in this thread is being sarcastic or they're really defending an incredibly archaic design choice. Enlighten me please.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
I haven't been able to find wild Pikachu's for quite a while... Do they only appear during a certain time of the day? :(

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Zerilan posted:

it's in the garden in the back of the mansion, left front maze thing

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

G-Whizard posted:

I can't tell if everyone in this thread is being sarcastic or they're really defending an incredibly archaic design choice. Enlighten me please.

I gave a bit of an answer, it's a few posts above.

Serperoth posted:

I had heard it was about space issues. A single caught Pokemon has the following data, and I'm probably missing some:
<redacted>
That seems like a lot to store a whole lot of times, not to mention the actual save data (location and progress etc).

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Alkydere posted:

I have a living ghost sword at my beck and call. HOW IS THIS NOT AWESOME?! :swoon:

I couldn't think of anything to name my Honedge, so I just called it Hanzo...I should have called it cutpurse because I gave it the Amulet Coin to hold. :rimshot:

Also, it's real fast and easy to miss, but when it first enters the field IT loving UNSHEATHS ITSELF!

I knew all about Honedge before hand, but suddenly having one just makes it that much more loving awesome.

Yeah I kinda wanted to avoid Honedge because I felt like everyone else would be using one, but I caved in and traded for one and it's the best.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The attack, sp attack and speed training minigames are so much easier than the rest. I guess GF did something right.

How many levels are there anyway? I've just cleared the lvl 3 ones.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

G-Whizard posted:

What a loving joke. Think I might skip this game then.
Pokemon games have been this way since the beginning of time.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

G-Whizard posted:

What we're saying here is that The Pokemon Company has been marketing the games like this for 18 years and adding varying versions into the mix that give them one of the greatest slam-dunk fountains of cash that's pretty much unparalleled in video gaming history. Do you really think they would change their secret formula when it's been working this well for 18 years?

Also, what Serparoth said.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Wait, my Pikachu's suddenly geting an exp boost. She also shakes before combat starts. What's going on?

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

G-Whizard posted:

Given the sheer amount of data in Pokemon games--like the list just posted on Mon alone--it's going to be twenty minutes to "Hell no not happening" on multiple save files.

Also, because sarcasm: If I can afford to pay the money to make sure no one even remotely touches my 'Mon, I'll do it. I failed sharing in pre-K. Behold the power of selfish!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nethilia posted:

Also, because sarcasm: If I can afford to pay the money to make sure no one even remotely touches my 'Mon, I'll do it. I failed sharing in pre-K. Behold the power of selfish!

TBH this isn't even sarcasm for me :colbert:. This is God's-Truth fact.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

ConanThe3rd posted:

Wait, my Pikachu's suddenly geting an exp boost. She also shakes before combat starts. What's going on?

Has it been traded?

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'm pretty sure it is an effect of Pokemon-Amie. My Riolu got an xp boost too.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Do we know how to get the mega stone for Banette yet? I'm just looking for confirmation on whether or not that's an item and 'mon combo that can be found in either version of the game, or if it's somehow exclusive.

Emerald was the first game I played and Banette has always been at the top of my 'wish this thing was stronger because I love it' list. This is the one that made me go from indifferent to excited about these mega shenanigans.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

EvilHawk posted:

Has it been traded?

No, I caught her myself which confuses matters. I did notice it said "Pikachu looks a bit excited" so maybe it's linked to that?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Does anyone know how/when Pancham evolves into Pangoro yet?

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
How come at least 2 different trainers who have Pikachus have ones who look like the end of their tail forms a sort of heart shape, and mine is flat, like always?

Also, have female Wobbufet always had lipstick? :psyduck:

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
I kind of regret choosing Bulbasaur. I picked Fennekin so I knew I didn't want Charmander, but there are so many grass pokemon so far! Squirtle would have been better. :( I hate games that do this to meeee. Regretting all my choices.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

brainSnakes posted:

Do we know how to get the mega stone for Banette yet? I'm just looking for confirmation on whether or not that's an item and 'mon combo that can be found in either version of the game, or if it's somehow exclusive.

Yeah, Banette's Mega Stone has been found and it's in both versions.

Also, I just used Iron Head on a Blissey and it wasn't super effective. So Blissey is still Normal type only.

EDIT: God, nothing more satisfying than using Sucker Punch on Metagross and Bronzong and seeing "It's Super Effective".

HeyItsAyls fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 12, 2013

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

fariz posted:

How come at least 2 different trainers who have Pikachus have ones who look like the end of their tail forms a sort of heart shape, and mine is flat, like always?

Those are part of the gender differences that have been around since generation 4(?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

fariz posted:

Yours is male, theirs is female.
Also, yes, I think.

• Locked thread