Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Just encountered a passerby player named Ash.

C'mon, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
So has anyone found a Dusk Stone yet. I would really like to evolve my Doublade.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

WendigoJohnson posted:

I posted a few posts up giving the locations of everything.

Thanks! I missed this, somehow.

It's so tempting to wanna min-max stuff, but I'm going to wait until after I've cleared the campaign to worry about it all. Someone out there will be breeding starters with preferable genders/natures, I imagine. Part of me is wishing I could go back and fuss about my Fennekin/Bulbasaur (who are both male with neutral natures), but I can't think that way! I refuse! I probably wouldn't even normally worry about that type of thing if I didn't read this thread, which says a lot about what a blind Pokemon experience is like. It does seem a lot more carefree before you realize how deep the rabbit hole goes.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Just encountered a passerby player named Ash.

C'mon, son.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who also noticed Youngster Joey near the beginning? They had a lot of fun with these names.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

nerdbot posted:

Friendship evolution.

The good news is, Marill evolves to Azumarill at 18, so you'll probably be able to jet right into having an Aquabunny Murder Machine.

How do I make my pokemon happy? This isn't mentioned in the op. Azumarill seems incredibly lovely, as cute as it is. It has incredibly low attack stats.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
I'm like 3 hours in and I feel like we're talking about entirely different games. I haven't even seen the mechanics you're all talking about.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Serebii says that Lightningrod Pikachus are available for capture, is this true? I swear if someone can breed me a Pichu with Lightningrod and a decent nature I will...well, I'll be grateful.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
You want my Luvdisc and in exchange I get your Steelix? Deal!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DiabloStarCraft posted:

How do I make my pokemon happy? This isn't mentioned in the op. Azumarill seems incredibly lovely, as cute as it is. It has incredibly low attack stats.

It's got Huge Power, so it's attack is doubled.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Vivillon rules and I would use one if I didn't pick the grass starter. Apparently the pattern on the wings is determined by the region your 3DS is set to or something

Mine just evolved! It's so cool, it's blue and white. I've never used a bug pokemon before, I think this is the time to start.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Someone Wonder Traded me a level 68 Golem right after the first gym.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Klefki has the best Pokedex Entry.

pokedex posted:

These key collectors threaten any attackers by fiercely jingling their keys at them.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Any tips on where the good rod is? I have a deep need for Skrelp on my team!

parara
Apr 9, 2010

WendigoJohnson posted:

BOUTIQUE STUFF

The boutiques apparently change their stock daily. So try resetting the time to see if that rotates their stuff in and out. I don't think you're penalized for it because I reset my time after I started the game and I could still buy hats.

Also all locations for trainer clothes are the following:

Santalune City
Cyllage City
Laverre City
Anistar City
Snowbelle City

Do you happen to know how the heck to get into the Lumiose boutique? I've tried wearing clothes of one style (so with the same tag background), colour matching, changing hairstyle/colour, changing eye colour etc... Lady still doesn't think I ooze style.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

DiabloStarCraft posted:

It gets the Huge Power ability, which doubles its attack stat. This occurs after the EVs and IVs are combined with the base stat, so Azumarill is actually very powerful. However, it can also end up with Thick Fat as an ability, which it can't really take much advantage of.

Fake edit: Sort of beaten, but I should mention the possibility of thick fat. Don't raise an Azurill with Thick Fat you will be so disappointed.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So why do some pokemon seem to suck at special training? Trying to raise my Inkay but she sucks at it. The ball she launches is super slow and doesn't get many points even when charged, so I have no clue what you're supposed to do.

Also Dagon isn't allowed as a nickname but Cthulu is for some reason.

EDIT: Wouldn't even let me do Dagoon :smith:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 13, 2013

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

DiabloStarCraft posted:

Using the pokemon without it fainting works. Also try petting it in the pokemon-amie, find out what puffs it likes and get those.

bwatts
May 28, 2013

Okay, so I'm in the Pokeball Factory, and I just defeated the Team Flare people. I'm now getting a choice between a Master Ball and a Big Nugget. It seems like a trick question - it's making me think there's some cool interaction with the Big Nugget. Am I right, or is Game Freak messing with me?

jymbojones posted:

Serebii says Ralts is found on Route 4, but can anyone confirm? I've been biking around for like an hour fighting nothing but Ledybas, Skittys and Flabebes.

I know I saw a Ralts but couldn't catch it, and Route 4 sounds about right. I'd guess it's pretty rare, being Ralts and all.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Bureaus Watts posted:

Okay, so I'm in the Pokeball Factory, and I just defeated the Team Flare people. I'm now getting a choice between a Master Ball and a Big Nugget. It seems like a trick question - it's making me think there's some cool interaction with the Big Nugget. Am I right, or is Game Freak messing with me?

I know I saw a Ralts but couldn't catch it, and Route 4 sounds about right. I'd guess it's pretty rare, being Ralts and all.

I got both of the items when picking the masterball. I think it's a trick.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Well this is screwy, the areas of the city that are blocked off due to the blackout are all lit up at night. :shepface:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Bureaus Watts posted:

Totally a trick question, because you can always just get more Big Nuggets with Pickup if need be.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

InterrupterJones posted:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who also noticed Youngster Joey near the beginning? They had a lot of fun with these names.

Not an NPC, someone playing the game near me.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I just got a weedle called "Bee's Knees" via wonder trade.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

WendigoJohnson posted:

Well this is screwy, the areas of the city that are blocked off due to the blackout are all lit up at night. :shepface:

I literally saw someone walk past the guy as he was saying that they blocked off the area.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The bike theme is pretty darn :dance:

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

WendigoJohnson posted:

Also, NPCs that can't be interacted with will walk down the streets behind the construction dude that tells you to go away.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
Any particularly interesting changes in Blaziken's moveset? Like maybe getting a Fighting Special Attack that isn't focus blast?

Basically I'm asking to be freed from the hell of soft L+R+Starting my way to a Jolly or Adamant Torchic. :negative:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

yaoi prophet posted:

I literally saw someone walk past the guy as he was saying that they blocked off the area.

TSA employees exist within the Pokeverse.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Not an NPC, someone playing the game near me.

...Now that's just screwy.

All these crazy wonder trades makes me want to throw out a couple mons myself.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

redcheval posted:

Any tips on where the good rod is? I have a deep need for Skrelp on my team!

It's in Coumarine City, where the 4th gym is. The fisherman walking around gives it to you (you don't need to take the monorail to get to him)

e: and you get Skrelp fishing on Route 8

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 13, 2013

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
Is Glaceon obtainable outside of trading in XY?

bwatts
May 28, 2013

InterrupterJones posted:

...Now that's just screwy.

All these crazy wonder trades makes me want to throw out a couple mons myself.

Enjoy your brand new level 7 Pansear!

Seriously, I got like three of those things.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm assuming Flabebe is colored based on where you find it? Where are some flowers other than red and yellow?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are there past-gen fossils available in glittering cave? I just got the one for tyrunt, and I found a couple of old ambers, but are there any more to be found?

kater posted:

I'm assuming Flabebe is colored based on where you find it? Where are some flowers other than red and yellow?

There's blue ones coming up, and I also came across a white one once in a yellow patch and accidentally ran away from it. Boy, I hope it wasn't a shiny.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The most fun I had with wonder trade was catching Honedge, naming them knock off sword names like Excalipoor and Daedlmiss, and then sending them out. I got a bunch of route 1 crap, which is fine by me since it means someone might be using one. A Japanese girl sent me a "nice!" after the trade so my hope is they are running around using a misnamed sword :shepface:

Kind of sad that they giver you exp share early and then don't seem to balance the game around it at all. My pokemon are nearing level 30 and I haven't even hit the second gym. The game isn't meant to be hard but it's no fun crushing everything without trying.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 13, 2013

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The gently caress does tipping even do?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ok I can't stand it anymore. Can someone tell me when you find an everstone and the pokemon daycare so I convince myself to finally leave the bloody first forest.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Why are people so worried about natures and IVs at this point? Just play the game for fun the first time around and breed a stronger team later on :psyduck:

I'm really loving Vivillion. It can use the TM Thief and learns Psybeam real early (rocking a Thief/Struggle Bug/Psybeam/Stun Spore right now).

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Are there past-gen fossils available in glittering cave? I just got the one for tyrunt, and I found a couple of old ambers, but are there any more to be found?

Smash the rocks at the end of Glittering Cave and you'll randomly get past gen fossils.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Sprite141 posted:

Ok I can't stand it anymore. Can someone tell me when you find an everstone and the pokemon daycare so I convince myself to finally leave the bloody first forest.

Daycare is after the first gym.

• Locked thread